Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,399 members, 7,950,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:20 AM

24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt (28508 Views)

Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? / FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister / Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by EzePromoe: 1:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
I confirmed this within the last 2 weeks on my visit to this towns. You can confirm from any friend.

Igwuruta (except Omuodukwu and half of Omueke) - 20 hours per day

Oyigbo - Oyigbo West up to Market via that Old Aba road and Timber road - 24 hours

Rumuobiokani, Old Aba road past Shell - steady light

Rumuokalagbor junction - Waja - Nkpogu - 23 hours per day

Rumuekini - Alakahia - Choba - 18 hours

Amadi-Ama down and Trans Amadi - 24 hours

Oginigba - 24 hours

If light no dey una side make una buy new transformer grin

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by wrench: 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
grin grin grin
Promhize:

Don't go and complain at Phcn office. 2hours? In Nigeria of today. You must be sleeping on okada
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by pappythinko(m): 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
badbros: see dem.
weytin you go gain from dis lie now?
I haven't slept with light for the past one week now, although there is light during d day
You mean you have not slept with ****** for one week now, bros you try o. Just a reaction dt stems from ur user name... no vex! *shines teeth*
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Truckpusher(m): 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
slim fit :

I don't have much time for lower class people like you so I won't be wasting text on you because your opinions have been paid for. I'm at work so chatting with people like you is a big waste of time.
You're at work and you have all the time in the world to type this gibberish ? undecided

Your employer must be running at a loss for employing a dim-wited fellow like yourself cheesy
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by jackymfon: 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2013
i don't agree!!! no light in ADA GEORGE LOCATION ROAD AXIS off port Harcourt, the agip area of ada george gets light 24/7 and it beats my imagination why the two sides cannot be connected.

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by constanceifeoma(f): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2013
Truth be told since last year i've been enjoying constant power supply in port harcourt eagle cement area iwofe. The only instance when there is no light is when there is a problem. but am enjoying light.
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Truckpusher(m): 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
Eze Promoe: I confirmed this within the last 2 weeks on my visit to this towns. You can confirm from any friend.

Igwuruta (except Omuodukwu and half of Omueke) - 20 hours per day

Oyigbo - Oyigbo West up to Market via that Old Aba road and Timber road - 24 hours

Rumuobiokani, Old Aba road past Shell - steady light

Rumuokalagbor junction - Waja - Nkpogu - 23 hours per day

Amadi-Ama down and Trans Amadi - 24 hours

Oginigba - 24 hours

If light no dey una side make una buy new transformer grin
spot on bro....how did you get all this info?.....abi you dun dey work for PHCN ? grin
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by horlabiyi(m): 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
freecocoa: Eh excuse me please, what part of ph are you talking about? Cos I stay in ph and I haven't experienced more than two hours of steady power supply for years now.
lobatan busted
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by roxell120(m): 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
Okija_juju: NOTE: The OP 'Donald Genes' stays on Peter Odili Road according to his profile..

I also have 2 houses on Peter Odili Road (Excluding my Fathers house which is also on Peter Odili Road).. I just returned from Port-Harcourt yesternight and I didnt see light in any of my houses (in terms of 24 hrs). All I know is that one of my houses (Doxa Family Road) boasts of light from 9:30pm - 9:00 am everynight..

The other one still on Peter Odili Road (Dayspring Road) no dey see steady light at all as I have to pay my monthly 30'k for Diesel and it is starting to not be enough anymore..

Ask for my Fathers house, I cant tell as I no longer live with him and he has 24 hrs light anyways courtesy of 3 big Generators, PHCN (when they please) and a giant Inverter..

SO please OP, tell me what part of Odili Road you stay on so that I can confirm your claims..

P.S: If the OP stays inside Trans-Amadi Gardens, then I can believe his claim as TAG has been known for steady light. Infact, when we first moved in there, we once went for over 6 weeks without the Power blinking even once.. Their line is a special line (33 KVA) that no other person outside TAG is allowed to connect to. Infact, I once saw the Transformer distribution matrix at the PHCN office just at the Ordinance junction.. The 33KVA line that TAG is connected to has only 2 or 3 Transformers on it, whilst the 11 KVA lines that the rest of us are connected to has over 35 Transformers on it.. I learnt the 33KVA line is dedicated to TAG and the Government House..
all this in ur dream right?
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Kesmakveli(m): 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
INNO18: here in Awka, the last time there was an outage was when PHCN officials fixed a power line. it's been 24 hrs for the past week.
My dear its tru, am a student of unizik.. Base @ifite too. Positive changes
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by phantom(m): 1:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
sir cardinal: I lives in elepranwo area in ph and we have never had staedy light. Sometimes we go up to 2 weeks without light.if a particular area in ph is having regularlight does not mean that ph is having a 24 hours light.I think it should be a genaral thing if really our govt is working and functioning well.

Sir cardinal
make una ask for road first, light go show later.
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by obas01(m): 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
freecocoa: Eh excuse me please, what part of ph are you talking about? Cos I stay in ph and I haven't experienced more than two hours of steady power supply for years now.
#Gbam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
##GBAM !!!
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Why are you having emotional tantrums? What has the power plant in Rivers got to do with power supply in Enugu? Nonsense!

Rivers state is not the only state that built power plants. Akwa-Ibom and Lagos also have built IPP power plants. In fact, that of Lagos was built in 2002 by Tinubu but yet it didn't guarantee steady power supply for residents of Lagos. Anambra and Ebonyi state are currently building IPP power plants.

I commend state govts that have built power plants and will encourage more states to build more and increase the national generation capacity. However, the problem with power supply in Nigeria is not just about power generation. Much BIGGER problems are transmission, INEFFICIENCY, very bad distribution networks, corruption, weak systems, lack of financial viability, etc.

The Rivers state power plant was not built in the last one month. The Lagos State power plant was built in 2002. If we'r to go by your logic, then Lagosians should have been enjoying stable power supply since 2002. So why was that not the case? Because of the BIGGER problems listed above. Even if you generate 1million megawatts, without fixing those BIGGER problems power will not reach peoples homes.

Until those BIGGER problems are solved, any form of improvement we see today is only temporary (you recall the improvement we saw during Nnaji era?). That is why I look forward to completion of the privatisation process and other reforms in the sector.

That notwithstanding, I commend Amaechi and other governors that have invested in building power plants.
what are those 'BIGGER' problems? Were we without transmission network totally or we need to improve sm parts to carry load or to remove old parts. I.e am saying how were we served D electricity before? are u guys totally replacing the transmission network or u need to upgrade it that it becomes too huge a cost. I think the transmission issue will nt be a total changing, if they are even doing anything of changing at first.
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Tintinix: 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
People, the poster delibrately was generalistic in his quoting PH, he does need you all to know where he stays! Don't you gerrit?!
This does not mean those of you are havin 2 hours light and 23hrs of power are not sayin the truth, just pray the dividend of the power reform, whther from FG or state gets to you!
As for me and my house over 18hours oh truthfully!...
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Tintinix: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
Dual posts... smiley
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Phcboy(m): 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
There is improved power supply in choba for the past three days. If there is no power then a substation somewhere is faulty.
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Spiff20(m): 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
In my area itz 18hrs daily quite better than before when itz 3hrs per week. I commend the governor for this.
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by domire(f): 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2013
LieS i stay in ph but dont see light up to3hrs in a day. It used to be better b4 but nw its a no no.
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by EzePromoe: 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
Truckpusher: spot on bro....how did you get all this info?.....abi you dun dey work for PHCN ? grin

Not really. I'm a self-employed (privatized) NEPA man grin
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2013
Donmams:
It just confirms what we already know. GEJ is working for, and only for the SS/SE! I hope you people have enough votes to return him to power in 2015. Else it's curtains for the fool

See this dreamer
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by otokx(m): 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
@Eze Promoe

That is my domain, in the last 8 days the total number of hours with electricity has been about 24. We hope we can see 18 hours of light a day especially between 8am and 6pm.
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
[quote
author=Truckpusher]Most of these people shouting liars up and down
probably stay in one Godforsaken part of PHC tongue grin grin........I have
light in my house for at least 20hrs to 23hrs everyday for the past 2
yrs plus ,though we do have temporary shutdown due to lightening ,
rainstorms and other unforeseen circumstances.

There are categories of area and people that the govt. wouldn't bat an
eyelid even if they remain in the dark for ten thousand yrs grin and they
fall into these two categories.

Most folks here crying louder abt this news probably bought hectares of
land from an unsuspecting gullible Ikwerre man ,built a mansion in the
middle of nowhere close to an interior village and says' i stay
in port harcourt'.....how will the govt spend money in distributing
power to a
people don't even need it because to them it's just luxury and not
a necessity.....abi to distribute power na toy play? lipsrsealed

The die hard ghetto areas where the occupants are mostly of Niger
Deltans and SE region that feels that they have a right to get
everything
from the govt free.These guys aren't ready to pay the bills,take
care of their infrastructure because to them it's govt responsibility
and when
disconnection hits them, they sure do have a way to go round and
get themselves fixed after all govt. must take care of them too grin
Go and rent/buy or build a house in a nice environment ,your comfort
matters a lot and not how many plots of land you've been able to acquire
and develop in one hellhole all in the name of I GET PLENTY LAND FOR
PORT HARCOURT grin grin cheesy

[/quote]

u must be very stupid,if i ain't mistaken u r still living in ur fada's house.will u term 2nd artilllery to rumuodfara junction a village.
ONYE ARA

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Okijajuju1(m): 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
roxell120:
all this in ur dream right?

I dont get you!

What part sounds like a dream to you?!

TAGs steady light or what?!
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Truckpusher(m): 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
Sery777:

u must be very stupid,if i ain't mistaken u r still living in ur fada's house.will u term 2nd artilllery to rumuodfara junction a village.
ONYE ARA
Plagiarizer.........and you just replied like the ghetto girl you are grin grin......ashawo kobo kobo grin
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Okijajuju1(m): 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
Sery777:

ONYE ARA

No offence, but 2nd Artillery - Rumuodara Junction is a Village.. Thats one of the strongest hood in Obio Apkor LGA.

if you had said Trans-Amadi, Old GRA, Rumuibekwe and maybe GRA Phase 2, then thats okay..
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by ritux: 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
obas01:
#Gbam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
##GBAM !!!
domire: LieS i stay in ph but dont see light up to3hrs in a day. It used to be better b4 but nw its a no no.

My dear I think you guys are not being sincere. However, if you guyz are saying the truth then there must be a transformer problem in your area or distribution problem.

In my area at Orazi Estate, we get power up to 18 hrs daily which is an improvement.
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by jamolmed: 2:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
Donalð Genes: I must say that the 24 Hours power supply I have been experiencing in my City Port-Harcourt for over a Month now is OVERWHELMING. I wonder whether I am still in Nigeria.. And the news is all over the Media.
Should i call this the wind of Change sweeping across 9ja...................
[/b][b]

That is a lie.
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by iterator25: 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
Princek12: The pwesh air is blowing all over me.
bros no vex o, you de bar beach?
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by eloride: 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
This is a big lie ooo

I stay in portharcourt and nothing like that oooo

Abi no be river state una dey talk?

Cos my generator is always on 24/7

No light for this town ooo
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
Frank-C:

Anything to take the deserving praise away fro GEJ is welcome to most of you guys. For the sake of enlightenment, please I need information on the power plants that has been built by Amaechi, their capacity, when they were started and when they were completed?

Anyway, can we also say that Yobe, Borno and Kano State governors should take the blame for Boko Haram?

National security is a failure of the President as the Army and Police is under him. Rivers State has long achieved power generation and recently achieved the construction of sub-stations. The problem remaains permission to sell and distribute. If we had State Army and. Police, the blame would have gone to the Governors.

Rivers state governor, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, has thrown more light on the steps being taken by his administration to actualise its promise of providing uninterrupted 24-hour power supply to Port Harcourt, the capital city, and the entire state. The administration says it hopes to achieve that in December this year.

Governor Amaechi made the explanation, Sunday, during the second Dissecting The Amaechi Administration Media Briefing Series, at Government House, Port Harcourt, where he was represented by the Commissioner for Power, Hon. Augustine Nwokocha.

The governor disclosed that N30billion has been set aside to reach the target.

The state chief executive said that what the Rivers State Government was doing was to get 24-hour power supply this year was “to generate enough capacity, have a robust transmission infrastructure that will take the power to the people, to their neighourhood and then have a very solid distribution infrastructure that will take it to their routes, and so we are addressing these three things – power generation, transmission and distribution.”

He further said that “unlike the previous system where they were all given to one person, here we have a total of 10 outfits doing different things to ensure that we deliver on time.

“So, what we have done differently is that we have divided this work into smaller units that are deliverable, faster and better. We have also focused on getting the quality of men that can deliver this work and deliver them well.

“We have got Saipan Nigeria Limited to build a power substation. We have Weltech doing a medium voltage substation... We have selected people in that category, people who we believe can deliver based on their track record.”

The Power Commissioner said the state is “currently pursing rigorously the transmission aspect of our power project."

Accordingly, Gov. Amaechi continued, his administration has formed a committee of technocrats to deliver power to Rivers people, saying a reliable vendor has been found for power distribution in the state.

“We have identified a very veritable vendor with very reliable technology in distribution and transmission, Sunder Electrical of France and we have entered a contract with them to supply us all the materials that are required to stabilize power supply in the city of Port Harcourt and its environs,” he said.

“We have also given out contracts to build substations that will reduce the length of our feeders that sometimes stretch as far as 40 or 50 kilometres though all manner of places...so we are creating substations that will impact shorter span of the city with the capacity to back feed if a substation has problem, from another one. So that we will have reliable power supply,” he added.

He also disclosed that contracts for the acquisition of all parts and components of power substations have been awarded.

“Currently the contract for the acquisition of the parts and components required for this exercise has been awarded. The contract for those who will do the implementation, the construction proper has been awarded, some of them in clusters of three substations, five contractors. We didn’t want to repeat the mistakes of the past where one person was doing generation, transmission and distribution. So, we have seven contractors doing the distribution substations each handling only three and then we have a contractor trying to remedy the lapses that are in the transmission backbone, and you have another contractor handling strictly generation.”

He said the model adopted by the Amaechi administration in power has delivered some results.

He also disclosed that currently the state power project is generating 466 megawatts with an additional 150 megawatts coming from PHCH. He said this capacity will increase to over 700 megawatts by the time the Phase 2 of the State Afam power project is completed next year.

http://theneighbourhood.com.ng/news/headlinenew/346-24-hour-power-supply-in-rivers-state-in-december-gov-amaechi-n30bn-earmarked.html
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by confusion247(m): 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2013
Donmams:
It just confirms what we already know. GEJ is working for, and only for the SS/SE! I hope you people have enough votes to return him to power in 2015. Else it's curtains for the fool
We don't have any problem with the outcome or the result come 2015. If Jonathan wins, he will continue as the president of hypocritical One Nigeria. If he loses, we will have south south republic and Biafra. So the choice is yours. I am sure before then you would have removed hatred from your ego.
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by ldpele(m): 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2013
make una dey deceiving una self say na people una dey deceive. which portharcourt,why not say your area and indicate it so person around that environs will support rather than say portharcourt. you aint helping yourself if u ask me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

11 Things President Buhari's Administration Has So Far Achieved / Door Of Holy Kaabah Opened For Bagudu, Kebbi Governor, His Entourage In Mecca / Full Text Of President Buhari's Independence Day Speech.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.