Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,924 members, 7,942,322 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:24 AM

The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World (31165 Views)

How To Use Less Mobile Data On Your Android Or Iphone / What Consumes Most Of Your Mobile Data? / Tips To Reduce Your Mobile Data Usage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Rejoice5000(f): 11:51am On Oct 08, 2013
ok ooooooo i don hear
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by YoshiMaster: 11:52am On Oct 08, 2013
Osita_inklord:
This is false. Unlimited wifi in u.s is $80 per month. $30gives you 3gig in Tmobile... Nigeria is in the dark ages.

Thanks you!

I was like 500mb for $85?

Impossicant!
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by YoshiMaster: 11:56am On Oct 08, 2013
lastpage: A better measure of the price would have been to ally it with the "purchasing or average income" of the users!

For example, if l earn #2000 monthly, and spend #200 on mobile data, that is 10% of my monthly income.
Compared to someone who earns $200 monthly (average of #32,000) and spends ##2,000 on the same amount of mobile data as l do, though he has spent[b] TEN TIMES of what l spent[/b] on the same thing, in "real terms", he has actually only spent 6.25% ota!f his income on data!

Thus, this publication is nothing more than Bullshyte!

Lastpage!

Hey Lassie, for your analysis to be correct, internet would have to be more expensive in the U.S, which it isn't.

Don't know were d OP got his data from.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 08, 2013
Nice write up but Get your facts right bro!

The quality of service in Nigeria is so poor that even if your prices were right, Nigeria still wouldn't count among the top 50 countries in a "Cost/Benefit" analysis!

Yall ff on twitter @Centdonald1
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by write2obi(m): 11:57am On Oct 08, 2013
I totally agree with you, Op
Here in Dubai we pay Dhs210 for 500mb
Dhs1 = 43Naira

Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by alaoeri: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2013
eagle,eye:
What's the price of Etisalat 500mb data plan?
#2000 oh, still don't understand what message the op is trying to pass.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Standing5(m): 12:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
~Bluetooth:

What's the point of a 500mb which Nigerian useless networks won't even allow you use a quarter of it conviniently ?
Nigerian telcos are trying. You think it is easy running and fibre optic cable all the way to Europe and compete with other European countries who have the 'core' of Internet at their backyard? Those other countries can afford to run better access channel to the 'core' of the internet which is closer to them than is to African countries.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
mobile broadband is expensive all over the world... advanced countries don't rely on mobile broadband for bandwidth
they use cables, wlan, lan etc
there is internet anywhere u turn. bus, trains, hotels, restaurant, bar unlike Nigeria.

Google optic is 60usd a month in USA with unlimited download @ 1gb/sec

Comcast cable is 10usd for 50gb @100mb/sec and unlimited for 30.

the only cheap and easy means of internet in Nigeria is the mobile which will always expensive until government provides other means of getting connected
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by krugar07(m): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
typical self deceit. who pays $85 for 500mb.THIS IS A BLOODY LIE!!!. they download heavy files of over 15gb, stream hours of hd videos, online hd gaming, using of cloud storage.all over wifi and LTE, the list goes on...so OP calculate how much u claim they are paying. their internet services are far cheaper,faster, reliable and are of higher standard than the trash we get here
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by krugar07(m): 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
Standing5: Nigerian telcos are trying. You think it is easy running and fibre optic cable all the way to Europe and compete with other European countries who have the 'core' of Internet at their backyard? Those other countries can afford to run better access channel to the core of the internet whibh is closer to them than is to African countries.
are you a civil servant??

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by drnoel: 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
Britain, Germany, Spain and some other European countries first 500 MB is free/month, additional for each costs 14 dollars.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Standing5(m): 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
krugar07: are you a civil servant??
No i am not, if i may know, why are u asking?
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Standing5(m): 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
What i am saying in summary is, most of the hosted content that form the core of the internet are located in the advance countries so they can afford to run short and easy to maintain access to these servers compared to African countries.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by leggo: 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
op , you can liee
i'll be back
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by jonsin(m): 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
500mb of slow and sluggish service, interruptions every time, it's even worse, is this an advert to make us feel they're giving us a better deal, well it's not working
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by lafuria1(m): 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
How is Nigeria own cheap, in the UK, one pays 12pounds for unlimited 3g with 200 call minutes and 5k free text which is 3k Naira. 500mb with 250 call minutes and 500 free text messages is 8pounds which is 2k.
Internet is expensive in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by HolyHolla(m): 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
There is a factor left out in this comparison. Most internet connections offered at the stated price in the U.S. are with wifi and nowadays, LTE access, larger broadband and mega fast connectivity. With it, you can download tons and tons of streaming videos, play unlimited games, watch your local, international and cable tv online, make unlimited calls, and do so many other things that you have to pay extra for in Nigeria. How do you compare that with the Nigerian service providers who offer no such wide and efficient services?

I would rather use U.S. unlimited broadband access at $85 per month than any Nigerian network at N3,500. I will browse all day and all night and get value for my money.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
Iolo: Today, nearly half of the world's total population has potential access to some kind of 3G or 4G network, which is five times the level of mobile coverage we were at just five years ago. Unfortunately, not all mobile broadband is created equal—especially where price is concerned.

According to a new report released by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) that measured the monthly cost of 500MB of pre-paid, mobile-broadband data, developed countries are the proud owners of the most affordable mobile-broadband in the world... sort of. While Austria comes in at a $4.70 per month, the mobile-broadband dark horse of the developed world, the United States, hits a staggering $85—but then, most of you were probably already well acquainted with that absurd truth. The ITU measured the monthly prices as a percentage of monthly gross national income, so the cause of the massive disparity comes down to the market itself.

The Economist postulates that Verizon and AT&T being our only two legitimate players and the added cost of building over a larger terrain are what's making the United States' collective mobile bill so depressing. But even Russia only clocks in at $27.60 a month, so the size explanation alone seems unlikely. The Economost has created a great interactive map using the ITU's data, and you can play around with it yourself over at their website.

http://gizmodo.com/the-price-of-500mb-of-mobile-data-across-the-world-1442047579

Nigeria comes in the $20 - $40 range which is cheaper than the USA and some other developed countries.

This is as false as it comes
I am on Comcast bundle pay which is about $105 per-month and that is unlimited data (internet) monthly phone and cable all for $105 a month..dstv in Nigeria alone is about $80 and lets not start on all air time u have to buy on your "gsm phone" and internet providers
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by krugar07(m): 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
.a
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Lilchilz(m): 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
Jensen_elizz: Why is this post in front page??
cuz nairaland admin dey smoke weed for corner and dem no get tym for we nairalanders
lol...bros easy oo abeq....
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Celepope: 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
Here in the US my at&t cost $64 for 200 Mb.While my wife's Tmobile cost $50 for 500Mb.I basically still use the at&t because of their reliable and broad network.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by elampiro(m): 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
Someone who went to school in Ukraine said he never for once paid for internet. He was using it freely.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by beethoven: 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
This one is na total lie shocked shocked shocked. I dey pay $50 for unlimited call and text with T-mobile (US) and that comes with 500MB high speed(4G) internet and unlimited 2.5g internet speed. Plus if you need 2GB high speed internet you only have to pay $10 extra once you exhaust your high-speed internet there is always an unlimited 2.5G speed to fall back on. Meanwhile, going by the US pay standard, the minimum pay in the US is $10/hr; which means if you work 8am-5pm, mon-fri for 4weeks you take home $1600+ (~N260,000). When you compare that to what you have to pay for mobile communications, you would see that what the Telcos charge in the US is OK. The last time I checked the minimum pay in Nigeria was N20000 I'm sure you guys can see how this compares with what the Nigerian Telcos charge per 500MB. tongue
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Tajsagay(m): 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
Something makes me think this chart is wildly off. With Verizon you can get 3 GB for $60 or 10 GB for $90. With AT&T you can have 1 GB for $50. Both companies also offer 2 GB of data on a smartphone in addition to unlimited talk and text for $60 a month. All of those prices are far below $85 for 500 MB, and I can't picture Sprint or T-Mobile costing more than them. So, where are they getting a price of $170/GB from?
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
Useless article! And they didn't put standard of living and rate of income into consideration... Mtcheewww...
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
ayogabriel: Is military going to take over soon?
Ask Buhari, Tinubu and Atiku

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN Increases Their Internet Data Bundle Allowance / Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. / Infinix Unveils Hot 10 Play Device In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.