Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,237 members, 7,887,669 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:07 PM

Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? (3420 Views)

A Shiite Member Shot At Ahmadu Bello University Zaria - Saharareporters / See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / I Still Hold President Jonathan In Very High Esteem - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
simpleseyi: Why do Ibos hate every non-Ibos? You hate Yorubas, you hate Hausas, you have Fulanis, you hate Kanuris, you hate Tivs, you hate Junkuns, you hate Itshekiris, you hate Irhobos, you hate Ikweres. Whom do you love apart from your fellow Nigerian Isrealites and Money?

the man speaking in the video above, Ahmadu Bello must be Igbo

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
I think the fact that the current generation of Nigerians justify the policies of Ahmadu Bello is more troubling and worse than the speech and policies of Ahmadu Bello itself

what a shame
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
simpleseyi: Why do Ibos hate every non-Ibos? You hate Yorubas, you hate Hausas, you have Fulanis, you hate Kanuris, you hate Tivs, you hate Junkuns, you hate Itshekiris, you hate Irhobos, you hate Ikweres. Whom do you love apart from your fellow Nigerian Isrealites and Money?
This comment is biased like the rest.
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by ifebosco: 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

He was the leader of a ethnic region, rightfully so, his first and second priority should be his people. I wonder why Ibos have such deep difficulty understanding political structures and heirarchy of society. This area of responsibility and sphere of influence was not strange to Sardauna, Awo or Akintola...each of them knew what a leader of a peoole is called to do, why is ibo unintelligent and illiterate about social order and heirarchy?

Mayor_of_Lagos:

He was the leader of a ethnic region, rightfully so, his first and second priority should be his people. I wonder why Ibos have such deep difficulty understanding political structures and heirarchy of society. This area of responsibility and sphere of influence was not strange to Sardauna, Awo or Akintola...each of them knew what a leader of a peoole is called to do, why is ibo unintelligent and illiterate about social order and heirarchy?

Mayor_of_Lagos:

and the money you use in devolopement the north was from south
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by ifebosco: 10:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
Sloan: How can someone to to another man's house to question him about his house and affairs? LWKMD! Bello is doing the job he is there to do and guess what? It is the stranger visitor who is complaining? Well until Hausas go to Iboland to question the way ibo leaders are running their land and affairs, ibos have no right to go and question another man's affairs in his own house. If they don't want to hire any ibos, is it that there is no job in your land that it is the one in Kank or Kaduna that you must do? Call them farmers, backwards, etc but it is clear they know what they want and even Sadaunna speaks better English than almost all of you even Balewa! Yes it is not by power of oration, but if they don't want you then, they don't want you - simple!
we are all nigerians and the money being used is from the soo hated ibos
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by MeAboki(m): 11:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
^^^^Abeg, go park jor! Igbo money to develop where?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by slimfit1(m): 11:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
What he is calling embrassment then is today's fashion. I
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by saintneo(m): 6:37am On Oct 10, 2013
The solution to matters arising from this speech and arguments is absolute regional government. Every region should utilise its resources - human, natural and artificial resources to develop itself. The region will comprise of landmass, territorial water and air space. Income generated by each region should be consumed by each region. Revenues from brewery business, trades, oil, everything should be wholly consumed by each region. Contributions to federal pocket should be dependent on population, landmass, economy of each region.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by revolt(m): 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
saintneo: The solution to matters arising from this speech and arguments is absolute regional government. Every region should utilise its resources - human, natural and artificial resources to develop itself. The region will comprise of landmass, territorial water and air space. Income generated by each region should be consumed by each region. Revenues from brewery business, trades, oil, everything should be wholly consumed by each region. Contributions to federal pocket should be dependent on population, landmass, economy of each region.
trust me it wasn't regionmalism tht made sardauna tow the lines of bigotry! It was xenophobia envy n igbophobia! Eeerm plus those ppl comparn the east to other parts of naija, as opposed to their detribalised leaders, pls hide ur face in shame tht a region experienced heavy bombing for 3good yrs n by 2013 is more developed than the north n (aside lagos the former capital) the west! So if we ddnt xperience war den no doubt we def wdnt b @ par wif da rest. Tht wht progress is
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by kaura5000: 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
abi abuja na your papa land?
revolt: trust me it wasn't regionmalism tht made sardauna tow the lines of bigotry! It was xenophobia envy n igbophobia! Eeerm plus those ppl comparn the east to other parts of naija, as opposed to their detribalised leaders, pls hide ur face in shame tht a region experienced heavy bombing for 3good yrs n by 2013 is more developed than the north n (aside lagos the former capital) the west! So if we ddnt xperience war den no doubt we def wdnt b @ par wif da rest. Tht wht progress is
...stupid inyamiri
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by truefact: 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
kaura5000: abi abuja na your papa land?...stupid inyamiri

is that ll you have to say when you hear the truth to hurts you and your kinds?
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by bolayei: 9:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
okay fair enough.....can we now go back to regional times and then everyone will employ his own people and have a figure head prime minister and president but each region handle their own resources and instead of nigeria it should be united regions of nigeria.

From this video it is evident this is how it was, north for northerners, east for easterners and west for westerners. Any other minority group that wants to break away should break away that way we will live in peace. If i come to your region i will live according to your rules, if i dont like sharia law or feel like the north is dangerous then i stay away. We will do business with each other in peace and let it be free movement for people from any region but each with their own rule. This ugly ass man could be right but in the spirit of oneness then he was wrong.
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by theoctopus: 10:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Most of your comments are too stup1d! Ahmadu Bello was not the leader of an ethnic region. The north is not one ethnic group. The biggest losers from his actions were not Igbos but the present middle belt who are part of the north. He championed an islamic/fulani cause. Same thing both murtala ad Buhari championed. He was a disgrace. These are the things that will be brought to the fore in the national conference
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by theoctopus: 10:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
bolayei: okay fair enough.....can we now go back to regional times and then everyone will employ his own people and have a figure head prime minister and president but each region handle their own resources and instead of nigeria it should be united regions of nigeria.

From this video it is evident this is how it was, north for northerners, east for easterners and west for westerners. Any other minority group that wants to break away should break away that way we will live in peace. If i come to your region i will live according to your rules, if i dont like sharia law or feel like the north is dangerous then i stay away. We will do business with each other in peace and let it be free movement for people from any region but each with their own rule. This ugly ass man could be right but in the spirit of oneness then he was wrong.

It was never north for northeners. It was north for islamic hausa-fulani. That is why the christian north will never go along with them any more. Do you realise that the core hausa-fulani claim they are being marginalized? Even with a lot of northerners in power? The reason is simple. If you give a north central man power, they do not consider him as a true northerner, so they will still say they are marginalized.
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by revolt(m): 6:36am On Nov 11, 2013
kaura5000: abi abuja na your papa land?...stupid inyamiri
who's dis cow! Aboki wan claim abuja!
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by engrfcuksmtin(m): 8:27am On Nov 11, 2013
The fact is that all our founding fathers are much of ethnic leaders than true nationalist and that is the root cause of ethnicity, marginalization, division, xenophobia in our society; all these are fuel for corruption. Every Nigerian leader is guilty of sins of saduanna.
If the foundations are destroyed what shall the righteous do?
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by NOLONGTIN1(m): 8:27am On Nov 11, 2013
I read a lot of people's comment and although I didn't watch the video, it's obvious the Hausas think their land is so precious and valuable, well that may be true.

Here most people claim the Igbos leave their 'rotten' land for the ones in the North bla bla bla

I put it to you that you guys are removed from reality.

Igbos didn't beg for 1 Nigeria, infact they fought against it.

Till tomorrow the Igbos will be at the forefront demanding to seced from Nigeria

Pls ask yourself why the Igbos want to leave your so called rich and good land to form their own country. All they ask is that you let them go peacefully.

But you have the enfontry to claim they want to take your land, no b buy them buy am? Abi they force you to sell
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by Rad1cal: 8:53am On Nov 11, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Oh really? Well, thank you sir.

Is Iboland and Hausaland the same country?

This is silly
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by vedaxcool(m): 9:37am On Nov 11, 2013
Tribalist op and his supporters
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
What goes around comes around.
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
vedaxcool: Tribalist op and his supporters
Pls if I might askn how is d 0P a tribalist?
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by naijaking1: 10:23pm On Nov 11, 2013
I can understand Ahmadu Bello raving and ranting about his "north" when his north generated their own revenues, but now that his "north" is 99% dependent on the south for revenue, his northern people ought to realise the man was wrong.
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
naijaking1: I can understand Ahmadu Bello raving and ranting about his "north" when his north generated their own revenues, but now that his "north" is 99% dependent on the south for revenue, his northern people ought to realise the man was wrong.
LoL...d circle of life, but dz time instead of an Ahmadu bello dats complaining abt Igbo's, we have an Asari dokubo dats complaining abt d Ahmadu bello's...
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by IGBOSON1: 12:39am On Nov 12, 2013
naijaking1: I can understand Ahmadu Bello raving and ranting about his "north" when his north generated their own revenues, but now that his "north" is 99% dependent on the south for revenue, his northern people ought to realise the man was wrong.

^^^Bros, you have to understand that Ahmadu Bello is godlike to most northerners, and it'll be a cold day in hell b/4 they even entertain the thought that he was wrong......never mind admitting it!
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by vedaxcool(m): 8:10am On Nov 12, 2013
Tribalist ranting and raving as usual!
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by russellino: 8:31am On Nov 12, 2013
That's why I say any southerner passing up the opportunity of this National Conference because of 2015 or hatred for GEJ is either really really selfish or very dumb.

This conference will be a success and we will be given the option of staying together or determining how will live together if we choose to (I doubt the latter)

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 12, 2013
russellino: That's why I say any southerner passing up the opportunity of this National Conference because of 2015 or hatred for GEJ is either really really selfish or very dumb.

This conference will be a success and we will be given the option of staying together or determining how will live together if we choose to (I doubt the latter)
I think the conference shud be d best place for the northerners to give a verdict that bans every Igbo from coming to the north, and also let the southerner(East) in particular do same, let no northerner dare steps his foot in d ss/se...
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by funnyx(m): 9:59am On Nov 12, 2013
The OP is either ignorant or being mischievous, you expect Sadauna to embrace igbos in the 60's, when did the USA (the supposed land of the free) stop apartheid?

Also do you realise that in those days Nigeria was divided into regions and each region is almost a country on its own. How can you expect Sadauna to put igbo ahead of his own people? What happened to igbo leaders?
I've always says that igbos want this one Nigeria more than any other tribes albeit on their own terms which is to be allowed to dominate other tribes. As soon as other tribes fight back and they realise their ambition is not possible they cry murder, treachery, etc.
Why is Sadauna concerned about igbos only? Why did he not talk about other tribes coming over to the north to take over jobs?
The truth is while other regional leaders are busy working in their regions igbo leaders like Zik and Okpara were busy poking their noses into the affairs of other regions and planing a coup.
The lack of opportunities in the east due to failure of the eastern leaders led to mass migration of igbos to every corners of Nigeria, other regions never believed in Nigeria so were only concerned about their regions.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by gratieao: 10:35am On Nov 12, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

I dont need it. I have a much better mastery of civic study and public administration than you do. If you doubt me answer my last question on whether Iboland and Hausaland are same country. This is the foolery that has continued to plague you guys since the 50s, beginning with Zik, and it hasnt ceased.

Iboland and Hausaland is not the same country, they are colocated in a geographical space named Nigeria. Each land had its own autonomy and self governance, in other words you have real and concrete countries within an artificial and political boundaries. You fools jumped the gun and started calling Hausaland your country.

You provoked Sardauna to talk about you like that. Uptill today you are yet to differentiate between a country and a administrative region and your politics suffer continously due to this lack of knowledge.

If anyone need civic lessons it will be you. Nigeria is not a land, it doesnt have culture, it has no customs, it has no ancestry, no cults or rituals, and yet you grip onto it as your political savior.

I shake my head.. cheesy
Not until you explain what the millions of Yorubas are doing in PH
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by russellino: 10:38am On Nov 12, 2013
lygn19:
I think the conference shud be d best place for the northerners to give a verdict that bans every Igbo from coming to the north, and also let the southerner(East) in particular do same, let no northerner dare steps his foot in d ss/se...

My brother I thank God for the internet at least now we have access to information we ordinarily wouldn't have come across. I also got excerpts of the northern region assembly deliberations from the 1950s and 60s and guy this country is a joke. We have no business being together.

Southerners should embrace this conference and everybody should draw their lines of nationhood. No long tin there
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by gratieao: 10:39am On Nov 12, 2013
Igbos don't hate any tribe they hate bigots like Amadu Bello, awo, Ken saro wiwa, ffk etc
Re: Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? by funnyx(m): 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
gratieao:
Igbos don't hate any tribe they hate bigots like Amadu Bello, awo, Ken saro wiwa, ffk etc

None of the people you mentioned is a bigot, their 'crime' is putting their own people first. If you want to be honest to yourself you know igbos need 'bigots' of their own too to lead and take them to their promised land.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBC Said Nigeria Wouldn't Have Contain Ebola If Not For 50 Expert Send / Man Electrocuted In Surulere After Urinating On A Unclad Transformer Cable / Is President Jonathan Wearing Lipstik (pics) - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.