Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,970 members, 7,896,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:24 AM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (171389 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by profeoo(m): 4:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
crudedude:
Nice points Sir. One last question before I drop my pen lol

Do you sincerely believe the Geologist has a broader spectrum of job prospects than the Electrical Engineer? Both in the Nigerian setting and overall.
In Nigeria & beyond Uhm!!!!! It's a close one to call.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
I remember those days when I was in school,I visited one of my mentor then at NPDC a subsidiary of nnpc,then He was the exploration manager he once told me that it is better to study geophysics than geology in nigeria and I ask him why he said in few years to come I will see the reason...till date have not seen any reason...pls house another debate
Geophysics vs Geology
Which has best prospect in Nigeria?
The winner. Of the first and second debate is going home with a surprise gift courtesy of me...let the debate start, ideology crude oil and others in the house let hear your voice....
Imag
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
imag5: I remember those days when I was in school,I visited one of my mentor then at NPDC a subsidiary of nnpc,then He was the exploration manager he once told me that it is better to study geophysics than geology in nigeria and I ask him why he said in few years to come I will see the reason...till date have not seen any reason...pls house another debate
Geophysics vs Geology
Which has best prospect in Nigeria?
The winner. Of the first and second debate is going home with a surprise gift courtesy of me...let the debate start, ideology crude oil and others in the house let hear your voice....
Imag
Hahahahaha, no ones wants to talk, I just saw this now, we get back soon with my view.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by vinas(m): 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
pls add me 2 d whatsapp group chat...08030536024
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 8:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
prof e.o.o:
In Nigeria & beyond Uhm!!!!! It's a close one to call.
Or you're hesitant to say the obvious answer tongue
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 10:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
i think we should be discussing better things apart from comparing courses, because
it is too childish for this thread

a Geophysicist will never agree that geology is better than geophysics, neither will a geologist agree that geophysics is better.

By the way, Employment is based on
God
profficiency
connection
smartness
intelligence

pls let us discus something that will contribute to our knowledge other than unnecesary arguement.
because this kind of arguement can even weaken some young students.

because when ur course is critisized in order to win a debate, it may make you hate the course which will subsequently reduce ur enthusiasm towards reading.

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ezegozie: i think we should be discussing better things apart from comparing courses, because i think it is too childish for this thread
because
a Geophysicist will never agree that geology is better than geophysics, neither will a geologist agree that geophysics is better.

God
profficiency
connection
smartness

pls let us discus something that will contribute to our knowledge other than unnecesary arguement.
. NOTED
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Sayet(m): 12:51am On Jan 05, 2014
amosade30: Goin 2 bed nw..pls 2mao I'll strt forwardin to intrstd peeps..indicate by dropin ya email hia or on whatsapp to ma cntct
bro, am interested in the materials.

samsayet@gmail.com... watsap:08173199448
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 4:40am On Jan 05, 2014
Ezegozie: i think we should be discussing better things apart from comparing courses, because

God
profficiency
connection
smartness
intelligence

because when ur course is critisized in order to win a debate, it may make you hate the course which will subsequently reduce ur enthusiasm towards reading.
Nawaoo, Bro eze, not like that na, Hahahahaha, its just a debate, its doesn't really mean one is that better, we are all winners, pls o o o, its also helping to make the thread active, else it would be too dry, calm down o o o, pls lets chat on what'sapp.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 6:50am On Jan 05, 2014
ideology:
Nawaoo, Bro eze, not like that na, Hahahahaha, its just a debate, its doesn't really mean one is that better, we are all winners, pls o o o, its also helping to make the thread active, else it would be too dry, calm down o o o, pls lets chat on what'sapp.
Yeah Eze lol. Try not to take it to heart if you're already offering the course. We are all winners. Just so you know, though I debated in favour of the Electrical Engineer I by God's grace is a Geophysicist. And if I had to pick between the two again? I still study Geophysicssmiley.

Make sure you bag that 5 points this sessionwink
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 6:53am On Jan 05, 2014
But..er..on this Geologist vs Geophysics methinks its a really close call so I'll sit it out. Let's see who'll argue in favour of the Geologist.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by alcuin(m): 7:23am On Jan 05, 2014
Frankly, I do not see the difference between geology and geophysics. Its just like comparing computer engineering and electronic engineering.

My thoughts....
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
crudedude:
Yeah Eze lol. Try not to take it to heart if you're already offering the course. We are all winners. Just so you know, though I debated in favour of the Electrical Engineer I by God's grace is a Geophysicist. And if I had to pick between the two again? I still study Geophysicssmiley.

Make sure you bag that 5 points this sessionwink

Thanx my man
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by addictiv(m): 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
Sayet: bro, am interested in the materials.

Pls forward to coseke131@yahoo.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by isi4(m): 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
Pls house, after HSE1,2,3...what next certificate course would you advise for a young Petroleum Engineering graduate
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by isi4(m): 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ezegozie: i think we should be discussing better things apart from comparing courses, because

God
profficiency
connection
smartness
intelligence

Hey bro, you are yet to forward that gmat material sent to you by imag5 to me.
I'm still patiently waiting for you bro! Tnx
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
isi4: Pls house, after HSE1,2,3...what next certificate course would you advise for a young Petroleum Engineering graduate
so many but they are quite expensive Boseit,nebosh..irata
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by isi4(m): 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
imag5: so many but they are quite expensive Boseit,nebosh..irata

Oh tnx...but no Cert.courses on drilling and the rest?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
isi4:

Oh tnx...but no Cert.courses on drilling and the rest?
they are...offshore job is the way forward
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by opella(f): 7:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
Happy new year pals.
seems like i've missed a lot.
a very big thanks to everyone for making this thread a wonderful one.
@imag5, thanks bro, for your wonderful contributions to this thread.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by davide470(m): 7:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
isi4: Pls house, after HSE1,2,3...what next certificate course would you advise for a young Petroleum Engineering graduate
There are drilling courses, Inspection, reservoir courses to take. Google them out. You should also know how to operate some softwares: OLGA, PipeSIM, etc

but the main 'koko' is experience, no matter how small..
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by isi4(m): 7:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
davide470:
There are drilling courses, Inspection, reservoir courses to take. Google them out. You should also know how to operate some softwares: OLGA, PipeSIM, etc

but the main 'koko' is experience, no matter how small..

Ok..tnx bro
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by fopdnewton: 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
2s£xy:
For those who would like to get a glimpse of the oil and gas industry by knowing more about Petroleum Engineering, get your hand on this book: Non-Technical Guide to Petroleum, Exploration, Drilling and Production.

Its easy to understand hold-me-by-hand and paint-me-a-picture approach makes it a rather interesting book to read.

It is 568 pages and sold for some $ at Amazon, but I got mine free with good google searches last year.

The book is really a non-technical guide.

Enjoy

pls mail it 2 me.. okolotobenna@gmail.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 06, 2014
Good morn house
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by jazinogold(m): 6:22am On Jan 06, 2014
imag5: Good morn house
good mawning bro....m yet to get those materials on gmath,shl e.t.c pls kindly forward them to me....geocollins@yahoo.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 9:56am On Jan 06, 2014
isi4:

Hey bro, you are yet to forward that gmat material sent to you by imag5 to me.
I'm still patiently waiting for you bro! Tnx

still can not login to my mail.....i went to cyber cafe yesterday and tried to login but

THEY KEPT ASKING ME SO MANY SECURITY QUESTIONS
what is the name of my oldest cousin etc
i answered and they said I GOT IT WRONG and because of that my ACCOUNT is closed for 12hours, dont really know what to do.
Pls who can be of help pls
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by dives(m): 10:38am On Jan 06, 2014
Hello house. I heard the institute of petroleum studies in Uniport is one of the most if not the most recognised to get a masters degree in petroleum geosciences from. Ok what is the fate of those who do not meet their admission requirements i.e a second class upper grade (2:1)? Is there any other institute/university in the Niger Delta that these oil companies highly recon with? Does this institute offer an Msc degree in petroleum geoscience?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 2:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
All those that need the materials should quote this post. I'll send it the minute I get the chance.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 2:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sayet: bro, am interested in the materials.

addictiv:
Pls forward to coseke131@yahoo.com
jazinogold: good mawning bro....m yet to get those materials on gmath,shl e.t.c pls kindly forward them to me....geocollins@yahoo.com
Check your mails.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 2:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
Please who has downloaded this book? >>> Non-Technical Guide to Petroleum, Exploration, Drilling and Production.

The 4shared link gives an error file.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ineriteitee: 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
crudedude: All those that need the materials should quote this post. I'll send it the minute I get the chance.
teewonder@gmail.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
dives: Hello house. I heard the institute of petroleum studies in Uniport is one of the most if not the most recognised to get a masters degree in petroleum geosciences from. Ok what is the fate of those who do not meet their admission requirements i.e a second class upper grade (2:1)? Is there any other institute/university in the Niger Delta that these oil companies highly recon with? Does this institute offer an Msc degree in petroleum geoscience?
they are good sch,futo,uni port,uniben,oau and others

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.