Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,212 members, 7,939,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:29 PM

Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha (18169 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Tunjasko(m): 9:28am On Oct 10, 2013
Whether you like it or not and despite all attempts by political opponents to pull him down...Ngige is the next governor of Anambra...Sai Ngige

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by fyneguy: 9:30am On Oct 10, 2013
pokur:
Don't u quote me to pass subtle insults ever again.I'm not one of ur fellow nl kids nor am i in ur league .
Now,since you seem to have comprehension problem let me point out but two contradictions in said apology.
For one who's brain is supposedly switched on u didn't notice the contradiction inherent in claiming they were told they could not pay a courtesy call middle of the rally (said rally held in the afternoon),Director of Campaign Organization informed them of said decision n the reason behind it Tuesday morning.
Your brain might be switched-on,but it's greatly lacking in common sense.
"To whom brain is given,sense is expected"

Sorry if you feel insulted. I insist you didnt switch on your brain. Hence, clutching at straws to spin the obvious. The so-called contradiction, which ofcus is a figment of your imagination, does not becloud the fact that your OBI granted permission for the rally to be held. I do not want to say anything that would debase the stool of the king. However, it amounts to gross dishonesty if the angry Obi granted permission for the rally to be held.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by kingbang: 9:33am On Oct 10, 2013
fyneguy:

Sorry if you feel insulted. I insist you didnt switch on your brain. Hence, clutching at straws to spin the obvious. The so-called contradiction, which ofcus is a figment of your imagination, does not becloud the fact that your OBI granted permission for the rally to be held. I do not want to say anything that would debase the stool of the king. However, it amounts to gross dishonesty if the angry Obi granted permission for the rally to be held.

Do you think Igwe Alfred Achebe is a rascal like Ngige? He would never EVER grant permission for a rally to hold on the same day as the Ofala. Ngige is actually dumber than i initially thought. A man with no iota of integrity and honesty. Expect to hear from the Obi soon.

4 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by fyneguy: 9:45am On Oct 10, 2013
kingbang:

Do you think Igwe Alfred Achebe is a rascal like Ngige? He would never EVER grant permission for a rally to hold on the same day as the Ofala. Ngige is actually dumber than i initially thought. A man with no iota of integrity and honesty. Expect to hear from the Obi soon.

The more you guys try to hold brief for the Obi who hitherto has not refuted Ngige's claim, the more the chances of subjecting the onitsha stool to ridicule. Why not wait for the palace to issue a rebuttal before burning your hard-earned data on defending him? You would have noticed I carefully chose my words by using IF, because no-one is sure yet.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by kingbang: 9:59am On Oct 10, 2013
fyneguy:

The more you guys try to hold brief for the Obi who hitherto has not refuted Ngige's claim, the more the chances of subjecting the onitsha stool to ridicule. Why not wait for the palace to issue a rebuttal before burning your hard-earned data on defending him? You would have noticed I carefully chose my words by using IF, because no-one is sure yet.

Ngige's statement is very very contradictory and reeks of confusion. A damage control strategy. Read that thrash again and tell em if it makes sense to you.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by fyneguy: 10:03am On Oct 10, 2013
kingbang:

Ngige's statement is very very contradictory and reeks of confusion. A damage control strategy. Read that thrash again and tell em if it makes sense to you.

It would become thrash once it's proven that the Obi never granted the permission as claimed. All other claims by Ngige do not matter to me, however seemingly contradictory. Did Ngige seek the palace's permission to hold the rally? Did the palace grant it? I would form my opinion based on the answers.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by rockbase360: 10:12am On Oct 10, 2013
fyneguy:

Calm down, will ya?!

1. Ngige sought permission to hold a rally in Onitsha

2. Obi granted him permission

3. Ngige held his campaign rally in Onitsha

4. Obi is angry

Now switch on your brain, and tell me who's at fault. Truth is Peter Obi is the one instigating the Obi against Ngige. The Obi has no justification for getting angry if he indeed granted permission to Ngige. He shouldnt allow politics to debase his stool

He doesn't need the permission of any dam OBI to campaign. This is not 1732. It's 2013. All he needed was a permit from the police.....Sick and tired of all these traditional rulers. They are the real problems of nigeria..

3 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by idsuzie(f): 10:22am On Oct 10, 2013
grin
Ismahill: Apology accepted. No worry o.na u go win,4gt d curse. Epe o mu omo skul
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Agbalanze(m): 10:22am On Oct 10, 2013
I hate it so bad when someone err and use the statement... "IF" I have erred u, am sorry.
Why can't he say sorry without "if".
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Banyami(m): 10:24am On Oct 10, 2013
Lets stop abusing each other and Pray for our country
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by BabaEleko(m): 10:25am On Oct 10, 2013
PDP INFESTED THREAD.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by MrALIVE: 10:28am On Oct 10, 2013
Adejoro74: Apart from being an Igwe, Achebe is a well educated man who rose to one of the highest ranks in Shell Petroleum before retiring. Socio-economically speaking, Ngige is beneath him, let alone adding the traditional stool he occupies, one of the most prominent in Nigeria. Fooolish Ngige, fooooolish APC.
why are u talking in such manner! Must u curse to make your point

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by nerodenero: 10:29am On Oct 10, 2013
Dat~ibo~boi:

Your comment sounds so stupid to us here.
How can OBI of onisha grant him permission and later course him openly. Nna ehh some people are just simply morøns going by the way they analize things
Curse
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by everyday: 10:31am On Oct 10, 2013
I wonder why politics in anambra is always making headlines
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by DukeNija(m): 10:32am On Oct 10, 2013
I think everything happening to Ngige and APC in Anambra are the handiwork of God!!!
Trying to save the state from from making the biggest mistake since their existence.
Ibos are truly from Isreal cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Gombs(m): 10:33am On Oct 10, 2013
wesley80: Good Lord! What has happened to Ngige? You took permission to what? This guy seems to have been eating too much of the wrong kind of soup lately, how can you seek permission to do what only a most ignorant and uncultured stranger would do? And what was he expecting the Obi to tell him? 'No, dont hold any rally I'm holding my Ofala? Of course not, if a fool refuses wise counsel and walks in with a suicide rope, simply help him tie a noose and point him to the door - One less slowpoke to worry about!

The bold words threw me into an epileptic laughter

grin grin
Oh Lawdy Lord !
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by nerodenero: 10:33am On Oct 10, 2013
Alright,APC and Ngige messed up big time no doubt.If Ngige no apologise,una go talk.Now the bobo apologise,una still dey halla.Seems many are troubled about Ngige's wide acceptance in the state and already conceding defeat.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by DadaOgbegun: 10:39am On Oct 10, 2013
His Highness Obi of Onitsha should please accept the apology of Mr. Chris Ngige and allow him to continue the good works he stopped sometimes ago for the sake of the development of our community. we dont throw a baby away with bad water

Governor Peter Obi should base his campaign on issue base and not to play upon the intelligence of the Anabrarian. he lost out on the deportation palava now he is using the office of His Highness to attack his opponent.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by blackpanda: 10:47am On Oct 10, 2013
[b][/b][color=#006600][/color] Make i comment quick before the tin go enter page 10! lol grin

All i have to say is that this obi should be careful, because when ngige wins he may have to swallow his worth less curse!
Politics is a game that should be played wisely. Traditional chiefs should refrain from being partisan because their stools exist at the pleasure of whoever is in power

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by kingbang: 10:54am On Oct 10, 2013
Dada Ogbegun: His Highness Obi of Onitsha should please accept the apology of Mr. Chris Ngige and allow him to continue the good works he stopped sometimes ago for the sake of the development of our community. we dont throw a baby away with bad water

Governor Peter Obi should base his campaign on issue base and not to play upon the intelligence of the Anabrarian. he lost out on the deportation palava now he is using the office of His Highness to attack his opponent.

Why are all you Yoruba Pro-Ngige clowns so afraid of Peter Obi? Why bring him into this matter? Was he the one that told the efulefu called Ngige to fix his rally on the same day as the Ofala that was fixed a year ago?. Please make do of your senses before posting here again.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Desric(m): 11:01am On Oct 10, 2013
Adejoro74: Like Fasola like Ngige
Party of foooooooolish people doing things without giving them a thought, only to apologize later
You appear to be the foolish one here because you are either naïve or semi-literate to understand when one is trying to be humble and polite and when one is tendering an apology as a matter of guilt or fear,, and I guess the later is the case and that's a very big problem for you... Don't bother to start pouring out your jargon here because I won't be here to join issues with you, rather I'll advice you to read any article thoroughly next time before making any comments.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Datiboboi: 11:02am On Oct 10, 2013
~
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by ifyalways(f): 11:04am On Oct 10, 2013
Reporting live from Onitsha . . .

Truly,I was surprised to hear that Ngige organized a rally yesterday in Onitsha. Mind you,Im his ardent surpporter.
Our Ofala festival is widely announced,even a year before. All major roads(Awka road,Okosi road,Ugwunabankpa,ime ogbe nile) are shut down.
Ofala is our sacred festival and lasts for a whole week. No one is buried,married or any sort of gathering allowed within Ofala week.
Why then did Ngige fall hand ?

Was he mis-informed? Could he have been communicating with a fake palace secretary?

He has just lost some supporters yet again after yesterday's incident.I feel bad but as a titled Igwe nwanyi with complete Odu aka to boot, the gods of our land wont be happy if i vote/align with/support a man that have desecrated our land. A lot of people share same sentiment. I now fear for Ngige's candidacy but i still wish he emerges victorious come November.

As at yesterday night, titled men and women (Igwe nwanyi's,diokpa's,agbalanze,ozo,odu,nne nmo,Onowu etc)have been mandated to inform their kit and kin that anyone found voting,campaigning for Ngige would be ex-communicated. It's that bad. cry

7 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by mymz(f): 11:05am On Oct 10, 2013
rockbase360:

He doesn't need the permission of any dam OBI to campaign. This is not 1732. It's 2013. All he needed was a permit from the police.....Sick and tired of all these traditional rulers. They are the real problems of nigeria..

Finally!! someone with THE God-given kind of sense.

why don't we continue to adhere to a lot of the useless customs and traditions of our forefathers? why did we stop the OSU caste system? or the killing of twins?

this is politics, and politics in present day Nigerian Democratic dispensation, NOT agwo turu mbe and ummunna community.

whether Ngige, or other "wanna-be" Anambra governorship aspirants, may the right man for the job win.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by snika: 11:06am On Oct 10, 2013
rockbase360:

Ok, tell that to Queen of England, or the president of US(who is the traditional ruler of US, based on their culture).
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by hbrednic: 11:07am On Oct 10, 2013
Mr Ngige just gave the most unconvincing lie i have heard of recent embarassed
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by chizel: 11:09am On Oct 10, 2013
Ngige and his band of rascals are gradually dancing naked on the streets and the bastard that claims to be the son of ojukwu has joined them.i wonder what ngige will do if peradventure he becomes the gorvernor of the state,maybe barnish all the traditional rulers from the state.can ngige tell us in all honesty that such madness he exhibited on the very day that one of the greatest igwe in igboland is having his offala festival can happen in Benin city on the day the oba of Benin is holding his traditional festival? Not to talk of in any part of Lagos,sokoto,jos,calaber or anywhere in Nigeria on the day their king is holding his highest celebration of the traditional institution?this is pure madness and ngige will surely pay for it bcs this is an insult to the entire royal institution in igboland.i wonder where he will expect his votes to from,for Gods sake ngige should have held his rally any other day outside the day that the revered igwe nnaemeka Achebe,the great obi of onitsha is celebrating his offala festival and the heavens will not fall,this is a celebration that holds once in a yr so there is no reason whatsoever why anybody would want to do a thing like what the toutish and foolish ngige has done if not for mischief sake and the church who permitted him to use their property on the said day for the rally should not be excused of blame here because they are aware of the consequences of such action,I want to also use this opportunity to commend the youth and the people of onitsha for their maturity during the time bcs if such madness as exhibited by ngige is to take place in another part of Nigeria outside igboland,I don't think that the youths would have been as tolerant as you have been,so I thank your for maturity.as for ngige I want to remind of an Igbo adage that says that when death want to kill a dog,he will no longer listen to the whistle of his master.a word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by kross01(m): 11:13am On Oct 10, 2013
Firstly, ngige erred seriously on this. You and i know pretty well that the obi of Onitsha doesn't have the legal right to grant or deny you permission to carry out your rally but you should have applied wisdom and known that the wise thing to do was to respect the traditional institution of Onitsha and maybe pay the man a courtesy call and start off your rally another day. Secondly, I think your campaign support staff are not handling your affairs well. this shouldn't have happened in the first place. Nice to do the honorable thing and apologize even though i believe the damage has been done already.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by royale11: 11:21am On Oct 10, 2013
For latest and breakin arsenal news check out arsenalnaijablog..com
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by rockbase360: 11:23am On Oct 10, 2013
snika:

Ok, tell that to Queen of England, or the president of US(who is the traditional ruler of US, based on their culture).

You clearly dont't have a brain so I am not even going to debate you. It will just be a complete waste of time

1)Presidents here in American dont RULE,they serve the people. But, hey I won't be surprised if that's too hard for you to understand.

2) First Amendment guarantees the freedom of speech (dont have time to explain to your ignorant/slave %%%). READ UP IDIOT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

3) The constitution superceeds any &&& tradition. Permits to express your opinion in public is issued by the police "just" to guarantee the safety of lifes and properties during your protect( that's all)

The days of licking the kings %%% are long and gone.

i wouldn't be surprised if your stupid, slave and idiotic self don't understand. Prove me wrong
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by eazzzy1(m): 11:25am On Oct 10, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by obailala(m): 11:25am On Oct 10, 2013
In 2011, some Nigerians claim to have voted for Goodluck and not PDP. Now these same set of Nigerians swear they wouldn't vote Ngige simply because he is in APC.

How come the party has suddenly become so important to these set people??
undecided undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Won't Believe What Is Happening In The North Right Now! / Nigeria Is Stuck In A Rut, Yet Its Citizens Rule The World. Why? / Ex-Niger Delta Militants Beg Oil Firms To Return To Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.