Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,207 members, 7,939,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:19 PM

Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha (18168 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by agbameta: 12:46am On Oct 11, 2013
redsun: His yoruba comrades are busy imposing olojas and masquarades in lagos,himself is busy trying to turn the people's age long unifying traditions upside down. Fo.olish man.

Ngige staged a rally at Ladipo market and he was well received unlike your chicken and incompetent Obi.

From recent events in and outside Anambra, Ngige looks way more popular and respected than any other local politician in Anambra.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by nduchucks: 1:00am On Oct 11, 2013
The level of backwardness and outright bushmanism exhibited by many posters on this thread who are supposedly educated is alarming. So called enlightened people still believe in curses and being herded by kings and obis, to vote for a choice which is not theirs. SMH
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by remarkD(m): 1:20am On Oct 11, 2013
lol for some reason, such comments often catch you offguard and can be a very "hard" punchline lol....

I remember the first time seeing a comment that had "their oily a s s e s... "(during those days no cenesors were introduced on NL)... again, the commen in the heat of the thread threw me off my own behind from the chair laughing so hard lol is why I keep coming back - every now & then someone will have ya rofl so bad...

Gombs:

The bold words threw me into an epileptic laughter

grin grin
Oh Lawdy Lord !
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by nobleDream(f): 8:38am On Oct 11, 2013
fyneguy:

Calm down, will ya?!

1. Ngige sought permission to hold a rally in Onitsha

2. Obi granted him permission

3. Ngige held his campaign rally in Onitsha

4. Obi is angry

Now switch on your brain, and tell me who's at fault. Truth is Peter Obi is the one instigating the Obi against Ngige. The Obi has no justification for getting angry if he indeed granted permission to Ngige. He shouldnt allow politics to debase his stool

Exactly!
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by debbleopto: 9:08am On Oct 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: The level of backwardness and outright bushmanism exhibited by many posters on this thread who are supposedly educated is alarming. So called enlightened people still believe in curses and being herded by kings and obis, to vote for a choice which is not theirs. SMH

seriously on point. Same way false prophets hold their captives in bondage through fear of curses. as long as they remained ignorant they will prefer homage to development. the people that travelled most to developed countries are Anambra people yet their land is a sorry state to look upon.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by titoetal(m): 9:19am On Oct 11, 2013
debbleopto:

it means Jesus crusade won't be held during ofala festival since honour to your tradition is the key thing.

Jesus never disobeyed constituted authority during His life on earth. Uncountable crusades have been taking place in Onitsha since history and none has ever clashed with the ofala festival. What is a political gathering of thieves to be compared with Jesus' rally. I repeat there is no excuse anyone will give to support that political rally holding at during ofala festival.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by PweetyJay(f): 10:00am On Oct 11, 2013
IMO there's no way the Obi's secretary would have okayed Ngige et al's visit before or during the Ofala. If I remember onitsha traditions well, the Obi goes into seclusion the week before the Ofala and only reappears to the public on the ofala day. Ngige can't say he doesn't know this
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by NOLONGTIN1(m): 10:01am On Oct 11, 2013
Cuche: I discovered Obi supporters for his third term agenda on NL are not campaigning with projects executed maybe because there is too little or non.
All they do is attack Yoruba people, APC, Tinubu, Ubah, or any person who thinks it high time Peter left Anambra for good.

kingbang, bestviewer and Co should know that Yoruba, Abokis, are not problem of Anambra but getting Peter to show us what he did with N2trillion in 7 years. I have traversed the State, it doesn't look like where even N200b was spent on projects except if he buys the cement used for N1m per bag.

As someone pointed out earlier, Ngige's supporters are mostly Yoruba's - that begs the question - are you pushing Tinubu's ambition or after the development of Anambra?

As for projects by Obi, maybe he didn't do shit, but dont act like APC governors are doing any better(except Lagos). What has been done in Ogun state? what did Amosun do with all the billion billions abi he dey buy cement 2m per bag?
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by PweetyJay(f): 10:07am On Oct 11, 2013
manny4life:

My friend please do us a favor and be quiet..Go read about the man, a top senior exec @ shell, our chiefs and Igwe's are not rascals and illiterates, MOST of them attained the highest echelon of life.

Beyond the Obi sef, Dude thinks the Igwe' council dashes out titles? The only title anyone can get as they so choose or want is the Ozo or Odu titles so pllllls it's got nothing to do with him wanting to give them titles n them refusing.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by PweetyJay(f): 10:13am On Oct 11, 2013
ifyalways: Reporting live from Onitsha . . .

Truly,I was surprised to hear that Ngige organized a rally yesterday in Onitsha. Mind you,Im his ardent surpporter.
Our Ofala festival is widely announced,even a year before. All major roads(Awka road,Okosi road,Ugwunabankpa,ime ogbe nile) are shut down.
Ofala is our sacred festival and lasts for a whole week. No one is buried,married or any sort of gathering allowed within Ofala week.
Why then did Ngige fall hand ?

Was he mis-informed? Could he have been communicating with a fake palace secretary?

He has just lost some supporters yet again after yesterday's incident.I feel bad but as a titled Igwe nwanyi with complete Odu aka to boot, the gods of our land wont be happy if i vote/align with/support a man that have desecrated our land. A lot of people share same sentiment. I now fear for Ngige's candidacy but i still wish he emerges victorious come November.

As at yesterday night, titled men and women (Igwe nwanyi's,diokpa's,agbalanze,ozo,odu,nne nmo,Onowu etc)have been mandated to inform their kit and kin that anyone found voting,campaigning for Ngige would be ex-communicated. It's that bad. cry

Please tell them! Traditions and customs may be going extinct but one that is still going strong is Onitsha's. The ofala is considered sacred even to the most learned Onitsha indigene. Note that Agbogidi Achebe is highly educated.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by naijaswag1: 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
I keep wondering who strategizes for APC. The most rational thing to do as politician, isn't it to move your political machinery to the Obi's Ofala festival and garner some support? Even if not invited, go there and show respect, the Obi is akin to Sultan of Sokoto. Even a simpleton would have thought that out. When Fashola went on with his deportation saga, some of us observed that it will have a negative impact on Ngige and Rochas. Instead of ameliorating the situation and redeeming himself, Ngige is adding salt to injury. Was he contesting popularity with the Obi of Onitsha or what? So he will say that his campaign drew more people than the Ofala? Foolish strategy.

Politics is all about perception, the image you create in people's mind. You can't keep committing political suicide and expect your people to align with you. Only this ignorant act can pitch all the traditional rulers in Anambra against Ngige. The Obi of Onitsha is the highest in hierarchy of traditional rulers in Anambra if not in Igbo land and he can punish Ngige for this insult. All he needs is a palace meeting and several community meetings in one week and Ngige loses half or more of his present supporters, if he has not lost most by now.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by bashydemy(m): 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
I believe this is a plan by the opposition, Ngigie seek permission and was granted by the Igwe and later curse him to make it look like Ngigie is rude. This is the hand work of Peter Adaobi to tarnish Ngige imagine since the deportation saga is not working anymore. Peter Adaobi you have lost it.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by naijaswag1: 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
bashy_demy: I believe this is a plan by the opposition, Ngigie seek permission and was granted by the Igwe and later curse him to make it look like Ngigie is rude. This is the hand work of Peter Adaobi to tarnish Ngige imagine since the deportation saga is not working anymore. Peter Adaobi you have lost it.

Is Ngige no more an Igbo man from Anambra State? Does he not know that Ofala festival is a revered festival in Onitsha? In Igbo land, to be considered a responsible man grown up (Ngige is over 50 years), you have to know the tradition and cultures of your Umunna (Kinsmen). Why should Ngige even ask for permission to carry out his campaign that day? Does common sense not tell him that there will be divided attention? Is he contesting anything with Obi of Onitsha?

That's a political miscarriage. You have to be witty and strategize well, that's politics. Your contenders want to win, so every tactics so long as it's not against the law is allowed.

You don't tell Ronaldo and Messi how to dribble you so long as they are playing within the rules of football. That's what politics is like.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by kross01(m): 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
bashy_demy: I believe this is a plan by the opposition, Ngigie seek permission and was granted by the Igwe and later curse him to make it look like Ngigie is rude. This is the hand work of Peter Adaobi to tarnish Ngige imagine since the deportation saga is not working anymore. Peter Adaobi you have lost it.
Please do try and argue intelligently. Does the obi has the legal right to grant or deny ngige his rally? As a learned man that he is he knows that and he also thought ngige will do the wise thing in respecting the peoples age long tradition. if only you know the person of igwe Achebe then you will not allege that Peter obi is influencing him.go find out why he resigned as the head of traditional rulers council in anambra state.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by russellino: 2:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
naija_swag: I keep wondering who strategizes for APC. The most rational thing to do as politician, isn't it to move your political machinery to the Obi's Ofala festival and garner some support? Even if not invited, go there and show respect, the Obi is akin to Sultan of Sokoto. Even a simpleton would have thought that out.

During the ofala a friend joked that ngige must have smoked before taking the decision to hold the rally on that day.

It would have been a masterstroke if he had shown up with his team and spiced up the place. He exhibited a terrible lack of finesse to be honest.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by naijaswag1: 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
russellino:

During the ofala a friend joked that ngige must have smoked before taking the decision to hold the rally on that day.

It would have been a masterstroke if he had shown up with his team and spiced up the place. He exhibited a terrible lack of finesse to be honest.

Whom the gods wants to kill, they make him go mad. Someone said that.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by bashydemy(m): 11:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
kross_01:
Please do try and argue intelligently. Does the obi has the legal right to grant or deny ngige his rally? As a learned man that he is he knows that and he also thought ngige will do the wise thing in respecting the peoples age long tradition. if only you know the person of igwe Achebe then you will not allege that Peter obi is influencing him.go find out why he resigned as the head of traditional rulers council in anambra state.
Now i understand and what is Igwe stress? is Ofala a public festival? is there any holiday for the festival? if not then Igwe does not have right to curse anybody since there is equal right for every indigine to carry out there civic right since people of the Onitsha/anambran go on there daily routine. In Lagos they declare public holiday for Eyo festival
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by manny4life(m): 12:22am On Oct 12, 2013
bashy_demy: Now i understand and what is Igwe stress? is Ofala a public festival? is there any holiday for the festival? if not then Igwe does not have right to curse anybody since there is equal right for every indigine to carry out there civic right since people of the Onitsha/anambran go on there daily routine. In Lagos they declare public holiday for Eyo festival

After all these, you're not making any sense.

My friend, please stay away from Anambra's business, this is not politics, this is tradition. If you cannot respect that, stay our of it.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Prince22(m): 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
How long will this ethnicity thing be put aside for us to have a unity of purpose in Nigeria and also allow peace to reign
I am not a politician and i hate politiking, pls, whatever the issue may be let be objective not character assasination for what we feel and who we want.
What has Tinubu and Yoruba Father has to do with collusion of CAMPAIGN and FESTIVAL that people started engineering to become political issue.

All shall be well with Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Denies Declaring For 2019 Presidency, Says "It's Fake News" / Salihu Lukman, Ondo Monarchs Back Quit Notice To Herdsmen / 2023: Igbos Need Tinubu To Produce Nigeria’s Next President – Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.