Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,139 members, 7,880,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:27 PM

What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? (18466 Views)

1st Time You Saw Your Younger-Sister With A Guy: Your Reaction ? / How Can I Tell If My Husband Is Married In Nigeria Or Was Married Before? / How Would You Feel If Your Younger Sister Gets Married Before U Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by dejijohns(m): 9:34am On Oct 11, 2013
okine4real: When i first read what the OP wrote, i thought the OP was referring to me. This samething happened to me. Let me explain. when I wanted to get married last year to a lady now mine wife, she had two elder sisters that where not married. One of the sisters caused serious wahala in the house, that how can her younger sister get married when she is still at home. OP nor be small thing ohh. The sister fought the mother seriously because the mother did not object to her daughter getting married before two of her elder sisters. But as for me the bobo, na me won spend minecmoney and na me one marry not the lady forcing me to get married. So we got married anyway. Now i have a Son whom would be a year old on the 21st of Nov next month. But do you guys know the funniest thing? Now that mine wife's sister whom was causing wahala that her younger sister would not get married before her is now married, she is even pregnant now. The second sister too would be getting married next year from what i was told. But the fact is, the two sister was only able to get married because when they found out that there younger sister is married, they all went and put fire in the anus of there BF. You all know that guys nowadays are scared of getting married except you the lady know how to handle your man.

So mine here OP, sometimes people do not act unless there is a force pushing them. If a younger sister gets married first, then it would enable the elder once re-think if there BF is worth waiting for, or if they should move on.
Hey bro, kum nd pay 'isákole' 2me oo. Ur son nd I shares same betdy date..
Hbd 2 us in advance!!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Loville: 10:18am On Oct 11, 2013
Anyone can get married once they are ready.
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by rubi96(f): 10:32am On Oct 11, 2013
As the 1st daughter of my family, i have always prayed to marry first o. Since i was a child , i've seen the way the elder daughters' whose sisters' married before them being insulted directly and indirectly. It happened to my mum's elder sister ( my mum married before her ) and i started praying that it should never happen to me. so far so good, it's been working.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:39am On Oct 11, 2013
rubi96: As the 1st daughter of my family, i have always prayed to marry first o. Since i was a child , i've seen the way the elder daughters' whose sisters' married before them being insulted directly and indirectly. It was happened to my mum's elder sister ( my mum married before her ) and i started praying that it should never happen to me. so far so good, it's been working.

+ 1 Like..
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by youknowamright: 10:43am On Oct 11, 2013
undecidedit's just Nija mentality or should I call it African mentality
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by henchez7(m): 10:46am On Oct 11, 2013
Nothing is actually wrong with that. Bt elderly ladies should try and make ways for the younger ones by getting married before them. Chikina!
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 11, 2013
Shinelle: In those days (bilble days), I remember in Gen 29: 15-30, Laban tricked Jacob into marrying Rachels elda sis,
Leah......before giving him Racheal as well......, In dis 21st century
tho it doesn't matter... I'm d last born in ma family and were all
gals...I av no intention of marrying yet, buh personally I would want my elda sisters to marry before me. So I'm praying hard for them, while I work on my life (skul n stuff)....

Swthrt, can i be the one to marry u then? I know we were made to be together forever. Pm pls grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Shinelle(f): 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
RedBenson:

Swthrt, can i be the one to marry u then? I know we were made to be together forever. Pm pls grin
. Haha... Thanks for d offer buh no thanks
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by salt1: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
I know of a young man that had to bribe his elder brother with about N250k to allow him marry first!
As luck would have it, the elder brother who married later has many children and that younger brother is yet to have a child
Life isn't straightforward, but it sure hurts to be laughed at or ridiculed, especially women

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
Shinelle: . Haha... Thanks for d offer buh no thanks

SWTHRT WHY? ARE YOU TRYING TO DISAGREE WITH THE WILL OF GOD? GOD HAS DESTINED US TO BE TOGETHER FOREVER AND I HOPE YOU HAVE NO OBJECTION ON THAT. PM ME PLS. LOVE YOU!
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by tgbaba(m): 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2013
yuzedo: Sooooooooo after i have given you pocket money for donkey years, you will now born before me and i will still start giving your kids pocket money again??!?! HELLLL NOOO!! You must give my kids first so that it cancels all those plenty years you taxed me! angry angry angry

Reformed chief sweetus Yuzedo, the only mosquito in Rita dominic's net.
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by guseman(m): 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
I read it in bible that one guy was it Jacob who slaved for 7 years to marry laban second daughter,after that 7 years he was given the 1 daughter, he served another 7 years to marry d second daughter.

So it is not only in africa such happens
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by tpia5: 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Chartey(m): 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
tpia@:
chartey

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/younger-sister-getting-married-before-older#axzz2hQQ36mWZ

http://www.etiquettedaily.com/2012/08/sister-squabble-when-one-wedding-comes-before-the-other/
Tpia, u see why i asked you your tribe and where you grew up? We are talking about a cultural issue and you're bringing links to oyinbo people's views. Pls just tell me your tribe(nationality even) so I'll know whether this our little argument is one futile endeavour or not.
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by SenatorJames(m): 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
Though I believe in our rich africa's culture and tradition, but we fail to realize that there is always imperfection in everything. One of it is what we are talking about now.

Where is the family when the younger sister got university admission, while the elders are stil struggling with their 5 credits in WAEC and NECO, or the 4 years in writting JAMB to score 200

what did the family do when the younger sister got a well paid job two months after her NYSC compare to the big aunties that decided to go into trading after 3 years of fruitless job hunting

why cant the relatives and family stop the handsome, caring and florishing young guy, when he walks up to the young and beautiful lady to propose marriage to her, While the big sisters are stil advertising themselves for any interested buyer/man

So its now that the lady should be denied from fulfilling her own destiny.

Its high time we woke up from our slumber. Everybody have their own destiny irrespective of your position in the family
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
@OP: nothing do your friend. Make she marry joor, her elder sisters na bad belle. EOP(Enemies of Progress) na'im them be.

And who tell you say her elders never ready? Lie! Them neva see who propose to them. Probably because;

They are promiscuous

OR

Them don use 'typical naija girls' conditioning take pursue would-be husbands.

Make them shift jo'or, all these years where were they?

Note: Every girl is marriable, but most 'elder spinsters' are so because of their own doings.
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by okpukmbat: 10:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
Joy4mi: My elder sis was against me marryin b4 her.but thru God's grace and my parents support,i got married b4 her.she married 3 yrs afta me.

meaning?!
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by tpia5: 1:07am On Oct 12, 2013
Chartey:
Tpia, u see why i asked you your tribe and where you grew up? We are talking about a cultural issue and you're bringing links to oyinbo people's views. Pls just tell me your tribe(nationality even) so I'll know whether this our little argument is one futile endeavour or not.

i think the link is supposed to show its not just an african thing but can also occur in other cultures.

unless you want a situation where everybody in the family remains unmarried in the name of waiting for each other, your stance is very self defeating.
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Chartey(m): 8:17am On Oct 12, 2013
tpia@:

i think the link is supposed to show its not just an african thing but can also occur in other cultures.

unless you want a situation where everybody in the family remains unmarried in the name of waiting for each other, your stance is very self defeating.
And you're still evading my questions. Everybody can see that.
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by didicold(f): 8:29am On Oct 12, 2013
There shouldnt even be a question about it, its just wrong, some ppl here are shouting culture, does our culture encourage u to put a good man on ice because someone else isnt married. I love my parents because dey r forward thinking ppl, if i d last born say am ready today, na to go pick aso-ebi, its not dat dey r not anxious dat my elder siblings should marry, dey just believe dat "omo iya ko kan kadara". If u raise ur children well with mutual love between dem, na d elder sisters go even fight for d younger siblings rights. I don'ty know d family values some ppl r propagating here
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 12, 2013
[quote author=barcanista]@OP: nothing do your friend. Make she marry joor, her elder sisters na bad belle. EOP(Enemies of Progress) na'im them be.

And who tell you say her elders never ready? Lie! Them neva see who propose to them.

You de correct
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by tpia5: 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
didicold: There shouldnt even be a question about it, its just wrong, some ppl here are shouting culture, does our culture encourage u to put a good man on ice because someone else isnt married. I love my parents because dey r forward thinking ppl, if i d last born say am ready today, na to go pick aso-ebi, its not dat dey r not anxious dat my elder siblings should marry, dey just believe dat "omo iya ko kan kadara". If u raise ur children well with mutual love between dem, na d elder sisters go even fight for d younger siblings rights. I don'ty know d family values some ppl r propagating here

God bless you.
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by tpia5: 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2013
Chartey:
And you're still evading my questions. Everybody can see that.

free yourself dear, you're a bit too tensed up over the issue.

you should be able to find that information for yourself, the surprise here is you're asking.
Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by tpia5: 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
topic

i guess the movie 27 dresses "addresses" this issue, in a way.

has anyone here watched it?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Your Younger Sibling Getting Married Before You? by lepasharon(f): 2:59am On Sep 09, 2014
Not a big deal. Luckily I have no sisters so no drama kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Straight Talk: Just For Men : Advice Women On Anything / Nairaland Most Handsome Guy,post Your Pics To Defeat Me / Reasons Not To Trust All Photos You See On The Internet(Amazing Photograhy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.