Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,389 members, 7,929,224 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:18 AM

Korean Movies Chatroom - TV/Movies (1798) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Korean Movies Chatroom (2042178 Views)

List Of 2014 And 2015 Korean Dramas / Interestin Korean Movies / Website For Downloading Korean Movies For Free.., (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2021
#throwbacktuesday Part 2 (one shot)

Title : MY DAD IS A NUDE MODEL

Main CAST :
Sung ji ru
Han groo
Bang eun hee
Bae noo ri

Channel : kbs
Year : 2013

Fun fact : erm

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
A man whose face we can't see removes his necktie, slowly unbuttons his cuffs and shirts. Behind him a woman (beh) and a girl (bnr) are backing him eating at the dining table(im guessing they're mother and daughter). Bnr turns around and is surprised to see the man stripping his clothes off, he removes his pants and she draws Beh's attention to him. They both watch in shock as he starts to slowly pull down his boxers. Beh screams honey! Bnr screams dad! He removes his boxers and stands completely naked, the ladies scream lol Beh covers her daughters eyes and the screaming continues.

Sjr wakes up from his dream, he's the man that stripped and it was a dream (me: omo which kain dream?). His wife is snoring beside him, he leaves the room, goes to the parlor and turns on the TV to a program showing fit men with 6 packs and toned abs. His daughter comes down to drink water and sees him watching the program, she goes next to him admiring the men on TV, Sjr is shocked cos he didn't hear her come to the parlor. He panics and says what are you doing here, while he struggles to change the channel, she doesn't respond but continues to admire the men. Sjr changes the channel and his daughter eyes him. He says those men have nothing better to do, they come out naked to earn a few dollars. Daughter says so what? He looks good, guys with good bodies are popular now. He says stop getting silly thoughts in your head and just study hard, don't fail your 3rd college entrance exam. Daughter whines "gosh I can take care of myself". He says what, is that why you failed last year? Take a look at the tenant downstairs, she's the same age as you but she goes to a prestigious school, works part time and lives apart from her family. She takes care of herself. Daughter gets angry and walks away. He brings out a bunch of envelopes from under the table (they seem to be unpaid bill notices), he sighs while he looks at them.

The next morning his wife is cooking rice but the rice cooker suddenly stops working, she seems to have an injury on her arm cos it's wrapped. He comes to the dining table and asks don't we have rice? She says the rice cooker broke down all of a sudden, I don't know what happened, it was working fine before. He says it's about time we get a new one (lol the cooker is really old tho). She says it's a waste of money, don't you remember? We bought it with your first paycheck, it was the best model at that time. Their daughter comes in and opens a magazine to a page where there's a boy with fire abs and says dad?! He sees the magazine and seems shocked. She asks are you on a diet these days? He stammers yes, where did you find this? Daughter says it was in the bathroom. He wants to collect it when his wife collects it and says gosh you read this. She starts going through all the pictures of hot men and laughing. He picks up a loaf of bread to eat and his daughter snatches it from him and says bread will make you fat, you'll get a pot belly. She looks at the wrapper of the bread and says mom! This is expired, you got it for free right? Mom whispers to daughter "it can last for 20 days if you leave it in the fridge" (Aigoo). Daughter whispers back "you're so stingy".

At another apartment, a girl (hg) is about to cook, she turns on her tap and it breaks off with water splashing everywhere.

Hg is with beh who's asking why the pipe burst (hg must be their tenant). Hg says I told you last month that it was leaking, it burst on me this morning. Beh says then let's raise your rent next month, I'll make all the repairs you need. Hg says ahjumma, how is that relevant? You should repair what's broken first. Ahjumma says what are you talking about, if the tenant didn't maintain things well, it's the tenants fault. Hg brings out her phone and says see landlord code bla bla bla, the landlord is responsible for all repairs in an apartment bla bla bla. Ahjussi (sjr) comes out and says you won't get a better apartment in gangnam at this rate, ji yeon think of it as your home, pay for the repairs yourself (hg's name is ji yeon) ahjumma nods and smiles in agreement. Ji yeon sighs and mutters to herself, this is even the outskirts of gangnam. She says then you have no legal right even if I refuse to pay my rent. Ahjussi says then we'll look for another tenant. Ji yeon scoffs and says then do that, it'd be a breach of contract, give me my deposit money right away and pay for the real estate agency commission. Ahjussi asks real estate agency commission? He and his wife look at each other confused and wife laughs and says you're not moving out, think of our circumstances too. The mortgage fees, shin hye's academy fees, it's hard for us too(their daughter's name is shin hye). Just then shinhye passes by dressed really hot. Ahjussi shouts byun shinhye! You should be studying where are you going dressed like that? Shinhye runs away. Ji yeon says anyway if you don't repair it for me, I'll call a repairman and give you the bill for the repairs and, she points to a flower pot in front of her window, get rid of that, how can you place it in front of my basement window, I don't get any sunlight!

Shinhye empties packs of cigarettes from her bag into a bin and says how embarrassing, why use my academy fees as an excuse. But she's so rude, how dare she talk to my mom like that, I should teach her a lesson. She brings out a pack of cigarette from her pocket and is about to smoke when she sees her dad on his way to work. She puts the pack back into her pocket and quickly walks away.

Ahjussi is at the bank asking for a loan, they tell him the interest will be 12%, he says why, I've been using this bank for 20 years, why will you people do this to me? Banker says things are different now, we used to collect 5% interest from you when your salary account was with us but your salary has not been transferred for 3 months now. If you really need the loan I can take take it under my name for you. Ahjussi says no need I'm not that desperate.

He's walking and flashes back, he used to work for murim construction company but 3 months ago, they retired him involuntarily, his name is byun tae jung. Back to the present he goes to his friends office, friend is a small time casting agent, byun tae jung laughs and tells him jaekwan, I've thought about it and I can't do it, you said you need a middle aged model... Jaekwan says it's OK, forget it, you said you wanted something that paid well, I recommended this because I care for you. I've already sent in another model, I didn't think you'd agree to do it anyway. (Apparently it's an underwear model job) tae jung says just how much does this pay? It's shameful taking my clothes off(me:lol but you're not totally naked). Jaekwan scoffs and says what's wrong with it, we were all born naked anyway if you knew how much they're paid you wouldn't say that. You know the home shopping Channel sells marinated crabs right, all this model does is eat crabs deliciously and he gets $300...tae jung says forget it, I don't want people to recognize me. Jaekwan says OK I get it, don't do it, people freeze dressing up, they'll starve just to keep their pride. Tae jung says gosh even so I can't be a nude model, I was deputy head at murim constructions, I was promoted really quickly too, I landed the Nigeria contract last year (me:lol wait what? My country), I told you I'm just taking some time off. Jaekwan gets angry and says fine then don't do it, you're not just fat, you're full of yourself too, stripping isn't the end of the world! His phone rings, it's his clients. Apparently the model he sent didn't show and they want him to pay a cancelation fee, he looks at tae jung and says don't worry I'll send a new model now. He gets on his knees and starts begging tae jung to save him as they might never give him a job again if his model doesn't show up. Tae jung refuses. Jaekwang continues begging, he says OK even if you tell your wife you got fired, will you also tell her that you invested your severance pay in Mr Kim, your stocks have dropped by half, are you going to sell them now, how are you going to pay your mortgage, your monthly loan interest is $1,200, you can't keep taking out loans don't you agree? Just do this 3 or 4 times and you can pay the monthly interest. You hurt your back, you can't do hard labor. I'll transfer the money right away, advance payment OK. All you have to do is sit like Michaelangelo's David statue.

He's at the venue for the nude modeling, there's a younger hot model sitting shirtless doing arm exercises and flexing his pectoral muscles lol byun tae jung is self conscious but can't look away. A lady comes and says you're not yet undressed? We're starting soon. He stammers "where's the bathroom?" she notices his unease and says if you leave you won't get paid and your agency will pay double, you know that right? He says well the thing is, I have a family. The lady smiles and says oh you have a family? So do I, we're very happy, now UnCloth (LMAO she's savage) he's still uneasy the other model says I'll be going first, you can watch me, it might help, he removes his towel and stands stark naked LMAO tae jung looks away in shock, the woman playfully hits the models chest and says your body has gotten better you must be eating chicken breasts(me: I want to see, the cameraman refuses to show us the good bits lol)

Apparently the job is to pose as a nude model for university students studying fine arts. The professor lectures as the students draw the model while tae jung hides at a corner watching in wonder. LMAO the model keeps striking different poses and tae jung keeps choking with cough lol the model winks at him. Lol it gets to tae jung's turn, he climbs on the podium and takes like 10 years to remove his robe acting like he's about to die. He finally removes the robe and closes his eyes in shame the students laugh and asks what's wrong with him lol this idiot is still wearing his boxers o. The lady sighs and says aren't you going to work? He stammers "work?". She asks well are you wearing your boxers for us to draw them? Your agency is pathetic, no sense of professionalism at all, I'm going to call him now. Tae jung says no don't, I'll do it, I'll take them off. He starts to prepare to remove the boxers, we see someone running up the staircase, as he removes the boxers, the person comes in apologizing for coming late. LMAO it's ji yeon, their eyes meet and both of them freeze in shock, she mutters ahjussi! He screams, tries to run away and falls flat on his face.

Outside he and ji yeon are standing, she says so you're a nude model, that's awesome. He eyes her and says it's just this once, my friend pleaded with me, it's so hideous. She asks what's hideous about it? You're making money with your own body. Well it does require a lot of bravery, are you going to be OK? You couldn't do it and she was trying to get another model. He says it's OK, I didn't want to do it anyway. She says you know what? I heard that middle aged models are hard to come by so if you decide to do it you won't have to worry about getting fired. She turns to leave, he says wait a minute, my family doesn't know yet, that I've retired. She says I see, so you want me to keep it a secret, that I saw you here today? He smiles and says please. She says OK, she's leaving when she suddenly remembers something, smiles evilly and turns back to him saying you're my landlord right, asking your tenant for a favor? He says what? She says you're asking me a favor right? He says I guess so, so you're going to keep it a secret right? She laughs and says it depends on you ahjussi. He asks what do you mean by that? She smiles, says see you at home and walks away.

He's at jaekwan's office. Jaekwan is obviously angry. Tae jung looks apologetic and says I had made up my mind to do it but couldn't go through with it. Jaekwan says hyung this is work, a contract, why can't you do it? Tae jung says hey I know all occupations are honorable but this is a little... I have a child. Jaekwan says angrily "yes you have a child, I could run around naked if I had to, I have 3 kids being embarrassed is nothing. Hyung you've been out of work for over 2 months, what are you going to do? Tae jung sighs and leaves.

He goes for his part time job as a chauffeur for drunk people, he picks an annoying customer and when he drives past murim construction, he flashes back, apparently he gave his everything to the company, even injured his back while trying to stop the labor union from starting a riot but at the end of the day his colleagues betrayed him and got promoted while he was forced to resign.

The next morning ji yeon drops her trash by the staircase of her landlord's apartment, some other refuse is there, as she's about to leave shin hye says excuse me, this is why stray cats keep coming to our house, if you can't throw it out at the right time then don't create food waste. Ji yeon says I don't have time because of my part time job, can't you help me throw mine out when you take yours? Shinhye scoffs and says why should we take your trash out? Ji yeon says OK I won't leave my trash here, you also shouldn't leave your flower pot on my window. Shinhye says how is that your window? You're a tenant here, I heard you go to a prestigious university but I guess you're not very smart. Ji yeon says I signed a contract and I pay monthly rent, unless the contract ends its my house, I guess you're not very smart since you failed the college entrance exam. Shinhye screams what, how dare you? Landlord passes by on his way to work pretending he doesn't see them. Ji yeon says ahjussi you tell us, this stairs belongs to the house where I pay rent so it's my stairs right? Lol he looks at Shinhye who's smiling at him sure that he'll support her, he looks at ji yeon who's also smiling sweetly lol and remembers their conversation the day before. He says of course it's your house ji yeon. Lol his daughter eyes him scoffs and says dad what are you talking about? She pays rent to us so this is our house too. He stammers yes it's our house but we share the stairs and we take each other's trash so... Shinhye asks so whose house is it? Lol tae jung says ya byun Shinhye go to academy, you have to study you don't have time for this. She says dad, what has that got to do with anything, I asked whose house was this? Ji yeon leaves them and goes her way while Shinhye and her dad keep arguing.

He goes to the bus stop where there's a queue for the bus, ji yeon is on the queue and sees him, he pretends not to see her and joins the end of the queue, she goes to meet him mischievously and says ahjussi! When are you going to repair my taps, the shower's faulty too. He stammers, I thought you were supposed to fix it yourself? She says I see, I need to fix it right, I should think of it as my house right? No problem, I'll talk to your wife and take care of it, I have something else to tell her too. He says hey don't be like this. She says what do you mean? We live under the same roof so I have a lot to discuss with her lol he says fine I'll fix it for you. Shinhye comes towards the bus stop and sees them talking with her dad practically begging ji yeon, she wonders why he's groveling.

He goes job hunting and the place he visits, tells him that the only job available is moving boxes but since you had a surgery on your back we can't accept you. He checks his phone, there's a message "the tap is faulty but the window is more urgent, winter is almost here, from your tenant ji yeon".

LOL the next day he fixes her window, he sees all of her paintings and tells her she's good. He notices one and asks if it's van Gogh, she says it's her dad lol, he asks if he lives at their hometown, she says he's dead. She asks if he won't model nude again lol he's shocked, she says it's nothing to be embarrassed about, I bet you were the only person in that room who was embarrassed. He says there are a lot of handsome models, they should hire them. I'm not handsome and I'm fat plus my hair's coarse like dog hair (Aigoo). She says that's why you're perfect. He says what? She says your body was busy making a living. My professor said a person's body reflects his life that's why a nude drawing draws the model's life. They look at some of her drawings and she says everyone's life is different, everyone led different lives, he says everyone looks tired, she says if they had been drawn dressed up we wouldn't have been able to see their pain. He comes out and picks up her trash, shinhye sees him and asks why are you coming out from there? He says what about you, why are you late? She says I was at the academy, why are you coming from that rude girl's house? He stammered she paid her rent. She asks what's that in your hand? He says stop it, I'm just helping her take out her trash. He walks away, she says what's going on between them.

She goes to the department store where her mom works and asks her "mom, why don't you tell dad that you work?". (me: oh he doesn't know his wife got a job, she doesn't know her husband got fired ok now). Mom says he'll just get worried, your father's all talk he has no plans, it will take ages to pay off the mortgage. Shinhye says I know so let's kick her out and lease the place. Mom says our loan is too much so no one will want to lease from us besides she's a university student ,i thought she could help you. Shinhye says why do you always use me as an excuse, so annoying. By the way mom doesn't dad seem strange these days, isn't he acting a little different? Mom says why, did he stand surety for someone or did you catch him watching p*rn? She says no, that rude girl in the basement... She notices her mom grilling free samples of meat for costumers with her injured hand and says why not wear some pain relief patch.

Tae jung is at home watching a movie. ji yeon told him about the movie where middle aged men strip, a British movie called "the full Monty", she tells him it's funny and touching and the title means stripping all the way. Lol he watches the movie and enjoys every minute, he starts dancing sexily to the music from the movie. His wife sees him and remembers their daughter asking if she's noticed strange about him, she remembers him reading the magazine full of male models and she just laughs it off but is still a bit worried.

The next day as he's about to leave the house, he notices their spoilt rice cooker by the door. He asks his wife if she's finally throwing it away, she says yes that it's not useful if it can't cook. She tells him to come home early cos she'll prepare his favorite meal.

The wife buys new seckshi lingerie.

Tae jung goes for different job interviews, he seems more confident in himself since watching the movie.
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
The next day he fixes jiyeon's shower and asks her if she's happy now. She says yes and wonders why he's so good at fixing stuff. He laughs and says he used to work with the construction workers, he asks her to test it, she turns the tap on and the shower head breaks off with water splashing all over them as they struggle to turn it off.

Shinhye is coming home when she hears laughter coming from jiyeon's room, she looks through the window and sees jiyeon and Tae Jung laughing happily, he's drying his hair with a towel while jiyeon is helping him dry his hands with another towel and saying I thought you said you worked in construction? Tae jung raises his shirt up to clean his body. Shinhye is pissed.

Tae jung tells jiyeon they might have to call a professional repairman, she agrees, as he's bending to clean himself, the white shirt he was wearing which is now wet sticks to his body and she notices a scar on his back. She asks him if he's had back surgery? He says yes, how did you know? She says my dad also had back surgery, he says it must have upset you a lot, I don't show this to my family too. She gives him a flyer and says it's for the art studio where she works part time, they teach nude art to office workers and there's always a shortage of middle aged models so he might get a job there. He's uncomfortable but she says don't worry you won't run into me, I only help in teaching students preparing to go to university. He says a middle aged man with a pot belly being a nude model, isn't it disgusting? She says no, I think it's cool. I'm sure you've noticed that nude models are more confident when they are naked, I think that's really cool. You think I'm strange right? He laughs and says no, anyway thank you for the job offer you pervert student, she says you're the real pervert Mr byun Tae jung (lol actually the Korean word for a perverted person sounds a lot like his name), they laugh.

At his house his wife is feeding him his favorite meal that she promised to make, he asks where Shinhye is, she says she doesn't know, she just wants to enjoy her meal and soju with him. Shinhye can take care of herself, they run out of soju and she wants to go buy but he says he'll go.

Outside Shinhye is drunk and banging on jiyeon's door telling her to come out. Jiyeon comes out and asks if she's drunk, she tells her not to kick her door. Shinhye says yes I'm drunk, it's my house, I can kick my door if I want to. Jiyeon says this is damage to property, it's my house until the contract ends, she pokes Shinhye in the forehead and says you should be studying, Shinhye drags her hair and they start fighting. Tae jung comes and shouts stop, what's happening? The girls separate, jiyeon says you're out drinking when you should be studying, you must have a lot of free time! Tae jung shouts jiyeon stop it. She says ahjussi you have to fix my door too, she goes in. Shinhye shouts this is so embarrassing that I want to die. Her dad asks what's wrong with you? Even if you're drunk you shouldn't do this in front of your dad. She says why, do you think I'm strange? You're the one who's strange. He asks what are you talking about? She says do you know mom works at the supermarket? We can't just sit around trusting you or we'll never pay off the mortgage. Of course you don't know, you don't care about us. Why are you looking out for her? Mom and I should be more important to you. Why are you being so nice to her, why do you smile at her, do you like her? He says how can you say that? She screams you like her. He slaps her. She says this is so frustrating and walks away.

Inside his wife wears the seckshi lingerie and sprays some perfume, he comes in and asks what's this, she says do you like it? He asks did you spray air freshener (ouch) lol she's still trying to get him in the seckshi mood, he asks do you work at the supermarket? She says did you hear about that? He asks why didn't you tell me? She says it's just a part time job, you like to save face, I know you'd be ashamed if the neighbors knew, it's in the next neighborhood don't worry. He shouts it isn't because of saving face, you should tell me these things.

He's at a tent bar drinking, he tries to send an apology text to his daughter but deleted it. He gets drunk and starts sending voice mails to his colleague from work that he borrowed money, the man refused to pay and has been rejecting his calls.

He's walking home drunk cussing out all the people that groveled before him when he used to work but are now treating him like trash since he got fired. He stops in front of a shop with a glass door and stares at his reflection. He remembers jiyeon telling him he was probably the only person embarrassed at the nude art class, he remembers Jae Kwang telling him he could run around naked for his children. his reflection asks him "what are you afraid of?" he says I don't know. Reflection says then let's give it a shot, if you sit around doing nothing, life will not change. He starts removing his clothes (me:omo no dude not on the street lol) he takes everything off except for his boxers. He notices the rice cooker his wife threw out on the street, he picks it up and starts walking down the street in just his boxers (p.s: it's night time and the streets are empty).

His wife is sitting sadly in their room. She hears a sound and rushes to the parlor. Tae jung is passed out on the floor in only his boxers with the rice cooker next to him. His wife says honey I threw that away, why did you bring it back? Go inside and sleep, you'll catch a cold.

The next morning he wakes up and sees Shinhye eating seaweed soup, he tries to appease her after their fight, he tells his wife our lovely daughter isn't supposed to eat seaweed soup until the day of the entrance exam. Shinhye says it's my birthday, lmao he looks more guilty. Mom asks if she'll come back from academy early? She says she'll be back around 10pm. Mom says please come back early, I heard there's a pervert in our neighborhood, lol Tae jung is shocked. Wife says someone saw a man running naked last night, he even called the police

Lol Tae Jung chokes on his meal. Shinhye says I don't care, she eyes her dad and says there's already a pervert here.

That night he calls Jae Kwan and tells him he's ready to work as a nude model. He says if I sit around doing nothing how can I turn my life around? He gets a call from a drunk customer for chauffeur service, he goes to the guy and is about to start driving, the guy tells him to wait for his girlfriend who went to get him a tonic to cure his hangover. Girlfriend comes and it's shinhye, they are both shocked (she doesn't know her dad has lost his job). She mutters dad? The boy is surprised, Tae Jung nervously laughs and says oh you must have mistaken me for someone else (lewl). The guy asks Tae Jung to drop his girlfriend off before taking him to his house so he drives her to their home, they both can't look at each other, as he's about to drive the guy back, his wife is coming from the market with a new rice cooker. She sees him working as a driver (ghen ghen).

The next morning the house is quiet, no one is cooking or having breakfast as usual, Tae Jung goes to prepare for "work", his wife goes through his phone and sees records of a lot of phone calls from the driving agency and a few calls from Jae Kwan. Tae Jung comes in and asks if she's ill, he tells her to quit work if it's hard. He leaves for work. She calls Jae Kwan and asks him what her husband does? She starts crying.

Tae Jung is waiting to model at the art class. The professor comes and asks him if he's going to cooperate this time? He says he will. Professor says I know it's not easy but it's also not easy on the students, they are used to drawing younger models with bodies as beautiful as theirs, middle aged models all have different bodies. Tae Jung asks because our lives are all different? Professor nods. As they walk towards the class, he sees his wife waiting, he's surprised. She says I don't believe this, he says I'm sorry. She says you should have told me, what are you doing? You're not a teenager, you're 50, why are you so immature, why here of all places, ji yeon comes here too. Is shinhye right, is it because of her? He says what are you talking about? She says then why here, You go out every morning to look for work and this is all you could find, You strip butt naked in front of kids your daughter's age? He says what's wrong in taking my clothes off? I tried other things but nothing worked out. Honey it's my first time today but I want to do a good job, it's work and it's the first job that'll give me confidence, it pays well too. I wanted to find a good job and get settled and then I'll tell you. She starts crying and says what about your severance pay, he tells her how he borrowed his friend to invest in his business, she screams why do you have to do everything alone without discussing it with your family? You're always like that, you injured your back and told us it was while playing soccer at the company picnic, you'll take care of it yourself. You dedicated yourself to the company and got fired, you upset your daughter whose exams are coming soon. No problem, take care of yourself, we'll take care of ourselves too. Don't call me. She walks away, he calls her name but she doesn't respond. He goes into the class, the topic for that day is emotions. The nude models are supposed to act out their emotions for the students to draw, ji yeon is also in the class. Other students laugh and wonder if Tae Jung will strip, the professor plays music and asks Tae Jung to please give his best acting. He takes off the robe and there's his boxers again, the students go "aish", the professor asks them to be quiet, Tae Jung starts to tear up as he remembers his quarrels with his daughter, pretending not to know her as a driver, his wife's injury, her last speech to him. He finally removes his boxers, starts crying and doing different poses, the students draw, he keeps crying and then starts smiling.

He's home trying unsuccessfully to fix the spoilt cooker. Shinhye is writing her exams. We hear ji yeon's voice over "we all have a cave in our hearts, sometimes we hide there in silence, because we don't want to hurt others, we don't want them to worry, and because there's nothing that we can change"

Jiyeon takes shinhye out for drinks, she asks how the exam went, shinhye says why do you care. Jiyeon says I'm sorry for everything, why haven't you been home in a while? Shinhye says it's none of your business, it's up to my parents, I'm going to remain neutral. Jiyeon gives her tickets to a nude art exhibition and says give that to your mom.

On the day of the exhibition Tae Jung is embarrassed to go into the gallery but jiyeon drags him in saying he's the main star. A lot of people are at the exhibition, the professor says all of these works are based on one model as you can see he doesn't have the perfect muscular body, he doesn't have 6 pack but these drawings depict the lives of our fathers.

We see shinhye looking sadly at the drawing of her dad's back with his scar. Jiyeon's voice over continues "when we come out of the cave, who'll be standing by our sides". At the exhibition the drawing of his back with the scar wins the grand prize and its jiyeon's drawing. As he's admiring it, he hears his wife behind him she says how embarrassing, I can't believe this, oh my goodness conservative, strong headed byun Tae Jung is a nude model. He says its embarrassing right? She says yes, are you going to keep undressing like this, he says yes but only in front of you, they laugh, he holds her hand and says honey don't go. They smile. The endeu

I would rate this 6/10

WHAT I LIKED ABOUT IT

1. The play of words in the title lol. The Korean title of the drama is "my dad is a pervert" and his name is byun Tae Jung, I think it's freaking hilarious.

2. The message behind the drama, of course they used nude modeling and showed that anyone at any age could be a nude model and how parents can go to any length to provide for their family bla bla bla which is all great but I was more touched by the subtle message which deals with communication. I think the stripping thing is a metaphor for how he was so rigid, conservative and closed off. Living with his pain on his own and hiding himself from his family that is supposed to be his support system. He didn't tell them he lost his job, hides his scar from them cos he doesn't want to make them uncomfortable, forming provider that doesn't need his wife to work, caring about what people think about him meanwhile he's driving a wedge between his family. A lot of parents especially fathers are like him, the society expects them to be this rock and provider and when they fail for whatever reason they are ashamed to show weakness and vulnerability, so most of them lie or even turn violent or just disappear and I like how they showed the importance of communication, I get it, I really do cos I myself I'm very independent, I don't want to bother or disturb anyone especially for things I know I can't change but just keeping things in only does more harm to you and the relationships around you. I feel like him finally stripping is him showing himself to his family flaws and all, life might not turn perfect for him immediately but it will definitely be easier to handle.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE

1. Nothing

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Ovems(f): 10:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
The next day he fixes jiyeon's shower and asks her if she's happy now. She says yes and wonders why he's so good at fixing stuff.
I really admire your ability to write really long and articulate posts. Wish I could do it. Do you type on a laptop? Or a phone?

3 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 7:46am On Nov 25, 2021
Ovems:

I really admire your ability to write really long and articulate posts. Wish I could do it. Do you type on a laptop? Or a phone?

My dear it depends on my mood o lol, this one was typed on a phone Sha and trust me, I don't type it all at once. I take breaks and type them in advance, sometimes during the weekend, but I usually leave the last few paragraphs till the day I'm actually posting. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 9:07am On Nov 25, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

My dear it depends on my mood o lol, this one was typed on a phone Sha and trust me, I don't type it all at once. I take breaks and type them in advance, sometimes during the weekend, but I usually leave the last few paragraphs till the day I'm actually posting. Lol

Nonetheless, you are doing well

3 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Ovems(f): 5:51am On Nov 26, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

Even more impressive. Kudos to you.

3 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by swiftz(f): 4:23pm On Nov 26, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

I appreciate the work you are doing here. I see you love Korean drama like I do. Lol. House please suggest dramas I can watch. Below is a list of my favorites, it will give you an idea of the sort of dramas I love. In order of preference, starting from the most loved to the least loved, I have seen;

Crash landing on you
Sky Castle
World of the Married
Misty
Reply 1988
Vincenzo
The penthouse
The undercover
The good detective

I have seen a lot but these are the ones I enjoyed so much that they stuck to my memory. Please suggest more for me. I don’t like Sci-fiction, Alien things, supernatural things. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2021
swiftz:

I appreciate the work you are doing here. I see you love Korean drama like I do. Lol. House please suggest dramas I can watch. Below is a list of my favorites, it will give you an idea of the sort of dramas I love. In order of preference, starting from the most loved to the least loved, I have seen;

Crash landing on you
Sky Castle
World of the Married
Misty
Reply 1988
Vincenzo
The penthouse
The undercover
The good detective

I have seen a lot but these are the ones I enjoyed so much that they stuck to my memory. Please suggest more for me. I don’t like Sci-fiction, Alien things, supernatural things. Thanks a lot!

LOL funny enough, I've only watched 2 out of the dramas you listed. Anyway here's a few suggestions based on the plot of dramas you listed above. P.s: I have not seen most of them so if they are not interesting or do not have similar plots, I'm sorry for suggesting them lol

If you loved crash landing on you, you might like the king 2 hearts

Sky castle, you might like class of lies, high class and melancholia

World of the married, you might like graceful friends

Misty, well I don't even know what this is about so....

Reply 1988, try reply 1997, reply 1994, hospital Playlist 1&2, racket boys, prison playbook

Vincenzo, erm I also don't know what this is about, all I know is it's a law drama so probably Google law dramas lol

Penthouse, try woman of dignity

The undercover, also don't know what it's about but maybe try big issue

The good detective hmmm I feel like this one is on a class of its own, the few dramas I know that are similar have a fantasy aspect to it and you don't like supernatural stuff so....

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2021
Loved this week's episode of Dr brain. I was thinking the guy with the dog was the biggest boss but apparently there's a Dr M we don't know, I can't wait to find out who he is. Lol it's like everyone is in this drama, I was really surprised to see Lee El unni, I didn't even know she was part of the cast. Anyway it's clear that just as I suspected the clinic is experimenting on autistic kids. I can't wait for all the secrets to be revealed. The drama is nothing new or special but it is certainly good.

Omo loved this week's episode of melancholia. Immediately I saw the screen on her wedding day, I just knew that picture was going to be there. Funny enough this is something that could have been easily avoided if she was a bit more careful but MBA *sigh*. Anyway everyone in this drama is mad, from the mothers to the children, the one that is not obsessed about grades is obsessed with love for his teacher. H for HAIGOO! That yerin child is so damaged ehn, na only psychiatrist or suicide fit save am, by the way I forgot to compliment her last week, I really liked her English pronunciation, it's not as if she's fluent or anything, it's still Engrish but she did very well in pronouncing each word, I wonder if she attended an international school or just studied really hard on her own. Lol I love seeing ldh heartbroken, especially every time the teacher's fiance comes around, he just looks like a hurt, lost puppy, so cute. I love how they have brought us to 2021, he's now an adult and I can stop cringing at that his baby love. I really hope they don't show us all they went through abeg, I don't think I have the heart to watch her cry about, explaining herself to her fiance, the school, the world, with everyone judging and shaming her. I just want to see them take down asung high, I don't have energy for stress, I can already imagine all the torture they'll go through. Although she and seung yu are really stubborn people so I know they'll fight for their innocence with brave faces but abeg, I just want to imagine it, I don't want to see it. Those nasty mothers will be so annoying to watch aigoo. Lmao but that principal has guts o. She basically destroyed seung yu and the love of his life and now that he's successful she wants to work with him lewl she must think she's the queen witch and no one can touch her and her school. Issokay

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Ovems(f): 7:33pm On Nov 26, 2021
swiftz:

Crash landing on you
Sky Castle
World of the Married
Misty
Reply 1988
Vincenzo
The penthouse
The undercover
The good detective

Don't know if you have seen these ones

Healer
The Fiery Priest
Something About 1%
Monthly House Magazine
Because This Is My First Life
Lovestruck In The City
Law School
Goblin
I Am Not A Robot
W Two Worlds
Kill Me Heal Me
Doctor Romantic 1 and 2
The Devil Judge
Beyond Evil
Dali And The Corky Prince
One The Woman

3 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by swiftz(f): 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

LOL funny enough, I've only watched 2 out of the dramas you listed. Anyway here's a few suggestions based on the plot of dramas you listed above. P.s: I have not seen most of them so if they are not interesting or do not have similar plots, I'm sorry for suggesting them lol

If you loved crash landing on you, you might like the king 2 hearts

Sky castle, you might like class of lies, high class and melancholia

World of the married, you might like graceful friends

Misty, well I don't even know what this is about so....

Reply 1988, try reply 1997, reply 1994, hospital Playlist 1&2, racket boys, prison playbook

Vincenzo, erm I also don't know what this is about, all I know is it's a law drama so probably Google law dramas lol

Penthouse, try woman of dignity

The undercover, also don't know what it's about but maybe try big issue

The good detective hmmm I feel like this one is on a class of its own, the few dramas I know that are similar have a fantasy aspect to it and you don't like supernatural stuff so....

Thank you!!!! I will look into them now.

3 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by swiftz(f): 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2021
Ovems:

Don't know if you have seen these ones

Healer
The Fiery Priest
Something About 1%
Monthly House Magazine
Because This Is My First Life
Lovestruck In The City
Law School
Goblin
I Am Not A Robot
W Two Worlds
Kill Me Heal Me
Doctor Romantic 1 and 2
The Devil Judge
Beyond Evil
Dali And The Corky Prince
One The Woman

I loved The Devil Judge and the Fiery priest. Will check others out. Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 11:14pm On Nov 26, 2021
Lmao I want to look for trouble this night. I don't watch Chinese dramas so I really don't care about their boys but I was flipping through channels this evening (because I have to work but I also just want to loaf around for the rest of my life). Anyway I was bored but I saw these faces on my screen and life was immediately injected into my veins. Lol I legit sat up cos of their beauty. So no I'm not suddenly going to become a c-drama fan because of them and I'll probably never even see them again for the rest of my life but am I going to post their pictures here and claim them as my Christmas gift from cupid?, yes, yes I am.

I don't care if they're your men or you've known them since they were in diapers, I'm stealing them and will return them after Christmas, thank you in advance

Now introducing beautiful man 1

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 11:16pm On Nov 26, 2021
And beautiful man number 2

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 11:18pm On Nov 26, 2021
Now I'm going to try to work, and then quickly catch sleep cos I feel like my dreams are going to involve these boys and they'll have an happy ending *if you know what I mean* *wink wink*

Lmao OK I need to stop. Where is my Bible

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by RaphaellaDD(f): 11:22pm On Nov 26, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Now I'm going to try to work, and then quickly catch sleep cos I feel like my dreams are going to involve these boys and they'll have an happy ending *if you know what I mean* *wink wink*

Not disappointed (at all), not surprised grin

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Ovems(f): 2:44am On Nov 27, 2021
swiftz:

I loved The Devil Judge and the Fiery priest. Will check others out. Thank you!
You are welcome! You can start with Healer. Let me know what you think when you finish it. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Ovems(f): 2:48am On Nov 27, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

cheesy your Bible is under your pillow cheesy. Have a good night.

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 9:16am On Nov 27, 2021
RaphaellaDD:

Lmao abeg please be disappointed and surprised, I'm a holy child

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 9:17am On Nov 27, 2021
Ovems:

cheesy your Bible is under your pillow cheesy. Have a good night.

LOL aigoo

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by leetylee: 1:50pm On Nov 27, 2021
Hello! I'm new to this space and I've watched few kdrama abd series you can recommend a good series as a welcome thank you

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by sarang60(f): 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Lmao I want to look for trouble this night. I don't watch Chinese dramas so I really don't care about their boys but I was flipping through channels this evening (because I have to work but I also just want to loaf around for the rest of my life). Anyway I was bored but I saw these faces on my screen and life was immediately injected into my veins. Lol I legit sat up cos of their beauty. So no I'm not suddenly going to become a c-drama fan because of them and I'll probably never even see them again for the rest of my life but am I going to post their pictures here and claim them as my Christmas gift from cupid?, yes, yes I am.

I don't care if they're your men or you've known them since they were in diapers, I'm stealing them and will return them after Christmas, thank you in advance

Now introducing beautiful man 1

I don't even have the strength.

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by sarang60(f): 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2021
RaphaellaDD:

How will you be disappointed when you like wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by sarang60(f): 2:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
leetylee:
Hello! I'm new to this space and I've watched few kdrama abd series you can recommend a good series as a welcome thank you

Welcome

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by sarang60(f): 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
Hahahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 4:16pm On Nov 27, 2021
sarang60:

I don't even have the strength.

Thank you Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 4:18pm On Nov 27, 2021
leetylee:

Welcome to dramaland. We hope you enjoy the experience

3 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by leetylee: 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

Welcome to dramaland. We hope you enjoy the experience
yes I am, I'm having crush on the characters already

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by sarang60(f): 5:43pm On Nov 27, 2021
leetylee:

Don't forget to invite us to the wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 7:02pm On Nov 27, 2021
leetylee:

As long as you don't have crushes on the real life people, we're Gucci lol. Continue to enjoy the characters

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by RaphaellaDD(f): 7:07pm On Nov 27, 2021
sarang60:

How will you be disappointed when you like wahala.

I don't know what you're talking about oh tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) ... (2200) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.