Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,160 members, 7,890,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:48 AM

Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir (13182 Views)

Autonomous Sources Control Prices Of Dollars - CBN / Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency / MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
Kingscee: Wasting innocent animals life for nothing. Thank God say i be christian.
Haba, which kind no- pentium brain u dey use sef, na wah 4 u if u don't knw abt somtin feel free 2 ask now, one of d preconditions 4 slaughter is getting a very sharp knife so dat u would make d process fast & easy. But I think I knw wat is wrong wif u, u ar sufferin from a worse-than-hiv+cancer+hepatitis b combined disease called islamohatred but I'd help u wit d cure; u need get transformerhugomol, one dose will cure u, bigot

5 Likes

Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by sheelay(m): 11:44pm On Oct 12, 2013
Judek2: What is the spiritual significance of this Salla or Ram massacre?..
I can say the canal significance is just to kill some animal and eat just because a man in the bible did the same..
But he didn't even eat it.. grin

Are muslims cerebrating to thank Allah for sparing their sons or just to eat Ram because they love meat.

Btw, no bad thought, just an innocent kweshon..
I'm a Muslim, but I can tell u that my besties over the years r xtians.... I tolerate any religion, cos to me, religion is not an end in itself, it's a means to an end (God)..... Just because u don't understand the principles of other religions doesn't mean u should condemn them..... Xtians kill lots of chickens during easter/xmas/new year, yet nobody condemn them..... Don't comment just because u want to...... It's better to keep shut, if u won't talk sense.......

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by eluquenson(m): 12:53am On Oct 13, 2013
Nigerians will always attribute their exploit(hike price) to one thing or the other when there is increase in demand for certain product.
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by segzicres(m): 5:41am On Oct 13, 2013
Somrtimes I won't which hole some christians came out of. I'm a christian. That mumu talking about killing animals. Lmao! That just funny and @ the same time annoying. I just tire
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by akwunmi(m): 5:48am On Oct 13, 2013
Kingscee: Wasting innocent animals life for nothing. Thank God say i be christian.
U are so stupid dis is hw idiot lik u alwayz luk 4 a way 2coz choas btw religion,n na ignorant de worri u bcz if 2say u kno well abt ur religion n bliv in all d prophets of ur creator,common sense wld tell u we muslims are emulating d ways of our prophet. Ibraham(may peace n blissins of god b upon him).besides christain wey get moni among una do kill on christmas,e-sta n january 1st,unless ur own no de kill due 2finicial problems wey de mak una settle 4 1,500 chicken..think b4 u talk!!!!
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by uceee(m): 6:15am On Oct 13, 2013
Since Rams are expensive, I hope I can find a UK used Ram.
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by osesx: 6:18am On Oct 13, 2013
all these boko haram self wit their Eid-el-kabir or wateva dey call it....
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by zeedof(m): 6:19am On Oct 13, 2013
ahiakenny :
Is it a must for all muslim to kill ram

... Is not must to be Ram, but you can only look for another animal like goat, camel, cow.... In the absence of Ram.
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by pappilo(m): 7:08am On Oct 13, 2013
This brings back memories of when my mum will argue/fight seriously with my dad for wearing his suit to the ram market to buy the christmas goat. My mum always believed he had paid double the actual going price because of his suit. My dad being a peace loving person finally gave in and kept aside a very old tattered native attire which he always wore whenever he went to the ram market.

I cant remember if this made any difference to the price he paid.

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by olopan(m): 7:16am On Oct 13, 2013
nigeria used ram...........for sale 15k ...........contact me thru pm
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by Cabsso(m): 7:28am On Oct 13, 2013
ahiakenny :

No but must for dos dat can afford it.
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by Cabsso(m): 7:29am On Oct 13, 2013
R animals meant for fashion?

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by Cabsso(m): 7:33am On Oct 13, 2013
ifebosco: which state in nigeria can one buy cheap cow meat??
maiduguri
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by Cabsso(m): 7:35am On Oct 13, 2013
Kingscee:
Killed without pity?
haa! Sum pple tink wit dia ass, do u eat meat at all?
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by SHAAWA: 7:50am On Oct 13, 2013

Are u a vegetarian? Chicken and goat no get life abi?

E beta sef, me carry my koro koro eyes see 150k ram for Abuja. May Allah continue to provide us with the means.
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by Judek2(m): 7:55am On Oct 13, 2013
sheelay:
I'm a Muslim, but I can tell u that my besties over the years r xtians.... I tolerate any religion, cos to me, religion is not an end in itself, it's a means to an end (God)..... Just because u don't understand the principles of other religions doesn't mean u should condemn them..... Xtians kill lots of chickens during easter/xmas/new year, yet nobody condemn them..... Don't comment just because u want to...... It's better to keep shut, if u won't talk sense.......

Fighting is your solution to everything.. Don't quote me just because you want to, its better you keep shut If you couldn't answer sensibly.

First of all, the Chicken we kill on xmas doesn't have any significance in the Bible, nobody killed any thing, its just something for cerebration.

My question is simple, people celebrate occasions that has significance in their lives, but here, I don't seem to find any significance and importance of this thing.. I'm not condemning any religion, I'm just asking questions..
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by SHAAWA: 8:05am On Oct 13, 2013
[quote

author=Judek2]

Fighting is your solution to everything.. Don't quote me just because
you want to, its better you keep shut If you couldn't answer sensibly.

First of all, the Chicken we kill on xmas doesn't have any significance
in the Bible, nobody killed any thing, its just something for
cerebration.

My question is simple, people celebrate occasions that has significance
in their lives, but here, I don't seem to find any significance and
importance of this thing.. I'm not condemning any religion, I'm just
asking questions..[/quote]

You if you know the story of Abraham in the Bible, where God asked him
to sacrifice his son,when he was about to do so God ransomed his son
with a ram. the ram was slaughtered in place of his son.
Islam as one of the Abrahamic religion draw this significance from there.

Unlike in christianity were all sacrifices were abolished since Jesus (Pbuh) paid the price, Muslims still offer sacrifices.

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by DrHarziz(m): 8:26am On Oct 13, 2013
U must be a fool for making such statement cos I don't know how d practices of oda religion affects u .Dats a typical example of an imbecilic and childish behaviour .mtcheeeeew
To all ma muslim Brodas and Sisters Happy Eid-Il-Fitri in Advance
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by Reference(m): 8:31am On Oct 13, 2013
almurtadha: The prices of Ram did not increased only in Ogun. Kaduna state that is even a northern state experiences high cost of rams. People exploits people, later we now shout government, gej, we self no good at all.
This killing of Ram is a sacrifice ordered by God to anyone who is capable. The father of faith, Abraham, Peace be upon him was its origin. Barka da sallah in advance.

I totally agree. I don't know whether this is a Nigerian thing but the spirit of the festivities are often overlooked which is sacrifice. It means that even if you can't offer some of your regular profits, maintain prices so that everyone can participate. But everyone exploits, from the bus driver to the market woman. Taking our earthly blessing upfront instead of God's.
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by Tenim47(m): 8:59am On Oct 13, 2013
dheaven: Its good not to eat animals. But its a hard decision to take especially in the mist of other people with different views.
xpecialy dose xtian ram seller wil rise dere price.
May GOD provide 4 us
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by sylve11: 9:05am On Oct 13, 2013
banega: Mtcheeew!

u follow her get wahala b4? cool
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by KDULAR: 9:08am On Oct 13, 2013
Ol boy or girl, you are not a Muslim so your not knowing the significance both spiritually or otherwise of celebrating sallah as a Muslim is not utta place . If you ask with a sincere intension to know, then you'll know and appreciate the reason as given to them by their religion. But I guess that you don't want to know but you are asked with the intension of criticizing like the pHarises asked Jesus about sign and he made them realize that no sign will be given you unless you want to study and the clue is what happened to Noah ( meaning the answer is there for you to know if you really wanna know and not to fault).

To the Muslims here I rejoice with you as you are thanking God in your own way for another year and the significance of the happenings to father Abraham ( Ibrahim ) in his expression of plain unalloyed faith in God Shallom.
Judek2:

Fighting is your solution to everything.. Don't quote me just because you want to, its better you keep shut If you couldn't answer sensibly.

First of all, the Chicken we kill on xmas doesn't have any significance in the Bible, nobody killed any thing, its just something for cerebration.

My question is simple, people celebrate occasions that has significance in their lives, but here, I don't seem to find any significance and importance of this thing.. I'm not condemning any religion, I'm just asking questions..
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by REVOLUTNIS: 10:26am On Oct 13, 2013
Dog is the best meat for every Muslim i don't why they are not going for it
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by vedaxcool(m): 10:32am On Oct 13, 2013
country is hard! n may Allah bring ease for us.
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by Metallurgist: 11:09am On Oct 13, 2013
ahiakenny :

no, the ram sacrifice is to remember the blessing, and mercy of god to our father Abraham when god command him to slaugther his son and latter change that son's place and Ibrahim slaugther a ram instead, and also some other benefit to the muslims
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by Jomark(m): 11:27am On Oct 13, 2013
Muslims and rams...siamese things* one day ram will go extinct like the dinosaurs...lol
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by ohbejay(m): 12:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
Haba........one of the states in north central budgeted #1.2b for ileya Rams ......dis is to much....fear GOd .......Haba
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by lilTunechi(m): 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
Dis guy na first class retärd u be. Remove ur brain and wash it. Hijo lá putá
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by Fishout(m): 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
It is not cost too much in Osun here.from 20000 to 50000.. I wish all d muslims in d world HAPPY ED-IL-KABIR in advance.
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by novexme(m): 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
Check this out http:///1aiYpaD
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by zion442: 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: Dog is the best meat for every Muslim i don't why they are not going for it
Do not descend on pets ooo!
Re: Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir by zion442: 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
So much for the celebration!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Simple Steps To Becoming MTN, GLO, Airtel Sim Registration Agent / Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? / Cement Business In Nigeria How Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.