Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,471 members, 7,911,128 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 04:20 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (623060 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bonen(f): 8:34am On Nov 15, 2013
Hi guys would love advise, planing for a masters in fall September 2014; would like advise, I want to travel with my 4 children ages 9yrs to 14. Please should apply for all of us in one go or should I apply for myself first. Because of the time the embassy takes to reply was thinking I should just apply at once for myself and my children.....PLEASE ADVISE!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by detolaa: 8:45am On Nov 15, 2013
Please how do I unlock my application page. It was locked due to excessive invalid login attempt
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shekinahglory12: 9:11am On Nov 15, 2013
PLEASE I NEED HELP. ANYBODY IN THE HOUSE KINDLY HELP ME.

MY UNI CERTIFICATE IS NOT READY BECAUSE I NEED TO WRITE AN INCOMPLETE EXAM IN FEBRUARY (BECAUSE I MISSED THE EXAM), BUT I HAVE A DIPLOMA FROM ANOTHER WHICH I USED IN SECURING ADMISSION.

THE PROBLEM IS HOW DO I TELL THE EMBASSY THAT I HAVE AN EXAM TO WRITE IN FEBRUARY BEFORE I CAN TAKE MY CERTIFICATE, THE SCHOOL IN CANADA RESUMES IN APRIL.

PLEASE HELP ME OOOOO

I DID NOT TELL THE SCHOOL IN CANADA I HAVE UNI CERT ON THE WAY I JUST USED MY OTHER DIPLOMA FOR THE ADMISSION.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 9:15am On Nov 15, 2013
bonen: Hi guys would love advise, planing for a masters in fall September 2014; would like advise, I want to travel with my 4 children ages 9yrs to 14. Please should apply for all of us in one go or should I apply for myself first. Because of the time the embassy takes to reply was thinking I should just apply at once for myself and my children.....PLEASE ADVISE!

I'll advise you leave ur children cos they'll act as 1st class hometie...when you're settled, you can easily bring them over (afterall, Canada is keenly interested in uniting families).

Alternatively, if you have enough cash in ur SOA (for their assumed upkeep) and other strong evidence that'll act as hometime (such as lands or business establishment), you can apply with them @ once (though has its own limitations).

Lastly, with online application, you'll no longer experience such long period of time for visa processing...

You still have enough time to make a final decision and work things out very well...

I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Champion2013: 9:21am On Nov 15, 2013
bonen: Hi guys would love advise, planing for a masters in fall September 2014; would like advise, I want to travel with my 4 children ages 9yrs to 14. Please should apply for all of us in one go or should I apply for myself first. Because of the time the embassy takes to reply was thinking I should just apply at once for myself and my children.....PLEASE ADVISE!

Great point @ onye Oma. @ bonen i think you should follow her advise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 9:25am On Nov 15, 2013
shekinahglory12: PLEASE I NEED HELP. ANYBODY IN THE HOUSE KINDLY HELP ME.

MY UNI CERTIFICATE IS NOT READY BECAUSE I NEED TO WRITE AN INCOMPLETE EXAM IN FEBRUARY (BECAUSE I MISSED THE EXAM), BUT I HAVE A DIPLOMA FROM ANOTHER WHICH I USED IN SECURING ADMISSION.

THE PROBLEM IS HOW DO I TELL THE EMBASSY THAT I HAVE AN EXAM TO WRITE IN FEBRUARY BEFORE I CAN TAKE MY CERTIFICATE, THE SCHOOL IN CANADA RESUMES IN APRIL.

PLEASE HELP ME OOOOO

I DID NOT TELL THE SCHOOL IN CANADA I HAVE UNI CERT ON THE WAY I JUST USED MY OTHER DIPLOMA FOR THE ADMISSION.

You can as well use the Diploma you used for securing admission into that school to present to the embassy while applying for ur visa, and then must be prepared to draft down a very captivating LOI to explain well to the VO what he wants to hear(stories that touches the heart and soul) so that he'll give you what you're looking for (visa)...

On the other hand, if no one is chasing you away from Naija (ur village people), you can chill till September so you can get ur certificate from ur school once and for all before travelling (cos you'll still need it someday in Canada)...

I hope this helps...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shekinahglory12: 9:30am On Nov 15, 2013
THANKS SO MUCH, AM GRATEFUL
MY CERT WILL BE READY BY FEB ENDING OR EARLY MARCH, BUH PLEASE AM SORRY TO ASK, HOW DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DRAFT THAT CAPTIVATING MESSAGE, SHOULD I WRITE THAT AM AT THE POINT OF GRADUATING OR I SHOULD OBTAIN A LETTER FROM SCHOOL STATING THAT I HAVE ONE EXAM LEFT TO FINISH WITH?

PLUS CAN MY UNCLE WHO IS NOT IN THE COUNTRY BE MY SPONSOR?

THANKS PLENTY.GRACIA

Onye oma:

You can as well use the Diploma you used for securing admission into that school to present to the embassy while applying for ur visa, and then must be prepared to draft down a very captivating LOI to explain well to the VO what he wants to hear(stories that touches the soul) so that he'll give you what you're looking for (visa)...

On the other hand, if no one is chasing you away from Naija (ur village people), you can chill till September so you can get ur certificate from ur school once and for all before travelling (cos you'll still need it someday in Canada)...

I hope this helps...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 9:30am On Nov 15, 2013
Champion2013:

Great point @ onye Oma. @ bonen i think you should follow her his advise.

Fixed grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 9:43am On Nov 15, 2013
shekinahglory12: THANKS SO MUCH, AM GRATEFUL
MY CERT WILL BE READY BY FEB ENDING OR EARLY MARCH, BUH PLEASE AM SORRY TO ASK, HOW DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DRAFT THAT CAPTIVATING MESSAGE, SHOULD I WRITE THAT AM AT THE POINT OF GRADUATING OR I SHOULD OBTAIN A LETTER FROM SCHOOL STATING THAT I HAVE ONE EXAM LEFT TO FINISH WITH?

PLUS CAN MY UNCLE WHO IS NOT IN THE COUNTRY BE MY SPONSOR?

THANKS PLENTY.GRACIA

Hope you don't mind stating the certificate you applied with (whether WASCE or ND or HND) and then the level of degree you're heading to (Diploma, Adv Diploma, Cert. Program or another 1st degree) so more people cud come in and put you thru on how to go abt the educational gap that might come in without the inclusion of the certificate you don't have yet.

I won't advise you to include the bolded in your S0P cos it might make the VO start wondering why you're in such a haste when you've not concluded ur 1st degree...

Help me with the above question, and I'll take it from there...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shekinahglory12: 9:48am On Nov 15, 2013
Onye oma:

Hope you don't mind stating the certificate you applied with (whether WASCE or ND or HND) and then the level of degree you're heading to (Diploma, Adv Diploma, Cert. Program or another 1st degree) so more people cud come in and put you thru on how to go abt the educational gap that might come in without the inclusion of the certificate you don't have yet.

I won't advise you to include the bolded in your S0P cos it might make the VO start wondering why you're in such a haste when you've not concluded ur 1st degree...

Help me with the above question, and I'll take it from there...

thanks so much
i applied to the school with ND(national diploma).
i am heading for post graduate diploma, but the school accepted my ND.
so do you think i should just tell the VO that i have just ND.

PLUS I am not in Nigeria I am in UKRAINE as a student.

thinking the VO might wonder what am doing here in Ukraine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by khemthar: 10:33am On Nov 15, 2013
Congrats funnyem. Very smooth application- one month! If you don't mind, I'll like to ask you some questions later on, as I also intend to use my employer as my sponsor.

funnyem:
I really appreciate all the info I got from here, God bless u all!

Submitted on the 14th of October(online)

Medical request on the 25th of October.

Passport request on the 13th of November.

University of Winnipeg. Sponsored by my company, but also used my sister as a co-sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Oduwan(f): 10:49am On Nov 15, 2013
hello friends, how una dey? pheeeww after a long search for schools n course i finally pin down with Lambton college(humane resource mgt(PGD) for next yr 2014) but d school fee is so much its a 1yr thing do i ve to pay all or maybe part of it before i get admission? can some one in dat college help me out. i want to start applying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ahmedonia4real(m): 11:16am On Nov 15, 2013
padolife: Team,

At last, I have gotten medical call-up. Will call asaju tomorrow. how long does Q life medics take?

Also, am I to go to VFS first for the passport, before the medics.

Someone should please brush me up.

Thanks a lot.

Congrat man ....I tap from ur success.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2013
Oduwan: hello friends, how una dey? pheeeww after a long search for schools n course i finally pin down with Lambton college(humane resource mgt(PGD) for next yr 2014) but d school fee is so much its a 1yr thing do i ve to pay all or maybe part of it before i get admission? can some one in dat college help me out. i want to start applying.
....Hello Oduwan...Talking about the high sch fees, Lambton no dey carry last for that one....Lol....but however you do not have to pay all the tuition...Once you send in ur appication to us, we shall review ur application to know if u're eligble for the program...once ur application has been reviewed and accepted,we will issue u a conditional offer letter....We only charge you for the 1st semester tuition deposit grin....with dis payment u get to secure ur seat for the program....You can then proceed with ur visa application....We strongly advice u attach ur tuition receipt with ur application to demostrate commitment to CDHC....Hope this helps...

Lambton College- I dont want Justwise to ban me grin

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shekinahglory12: 11:39am On Nov 15, 2013
PLEASE ANY ONE IN THE HOUSE KINDLY RESPOND TO MY QUESTION. THANK YOU
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 11:51am On Nov 15, 2013
shekinahglory12: PLEASE ANY ONE IN THE HOUSE KINDLY RESPOND TO MY QUESTION. THANK YOU
...Onye oma na boss so he's on ur case grin....pls what year did u finish ur OND ?....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lymelyte(m): 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
ChriGo: ....Hello Oduwan...Talking about the high sch fees, Lambton no dey carry last for that one....Lol....but however you do not have to pay all the tuition...Once you send in ur appication to us, we shall review ur application to know if u're eligble for the program...once ur application has been reviewed and accepted,we will issue u a conditional offer letter....We only charge you for the 1st semester tuition deposit grin....with dis payment u get to secure ur seat for the program....You can then proceed with ur visa application....We strongly advice u attach ur tuition receipt with ur application to demostrate commitment to CDHC....Hope this helps...

Lambton College-The bridge to your future grin
Oga chrigo,u nor well oo. grin cheesy so na u come be the chancellor for Lambton! :-)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Oduwan(f): 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
@ ChriGo, thanks for d response. but just wanna when am applying for visa can i go along wit my son 2yrs and my househelp?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 12:08pm On Nov 15, 2013
lymelyte:
Oga chrigo,u nor well oo. grin cheesy so na u come be the chancellor for Lambton! :-)
.....LOLzzz....my brother na so jare grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ambeyh(m): 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
ChriGo: ....Hello Oduwan...Talking about the high sch fees, Lambton no dey carry last for that one....Lol....but however you do not have to pay all the tuition...Once you send in ur appication to us, we shall review ur application to know if u're eligble for the program...once ur application has been reviewed and accepted,we will issue u a conditional offer letter....We only charge you for the 1st semester tuition deposit grin....with dis payment u get to secure ur seat for the program....You can then proceed with ur visa application....We strongly advice u attach ur tuition receipt with ur application to demostrate commitment to CDHC....Hope this helps...

hey Chrigo u dey work for Lambton colkege this one wey u dey talk.say ''we will offer you a conditional offer'' i fear you oooo (o_O) 0mo i dey asaju na i no even book for appointment d woman jst ask me if i get my money and my medical form i don even do lab test i dey wait for xray
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ambeyh(m): 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2013

hey Chrigo u dey work for Lambton colkege this one wey u dey talk.say ''we will offer you a conditional offer'' i fear you oooo (o_O) 0mo i dey asaju na i no even book for appointment d woman jst ask me if i get my money and my medical form i don even do lab test i dey wait for xray
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shekinahglory12: 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2013
OGA onye oma am sorry for my impatience,

OGA chrigo i finished 2009, do you think i should act like i never went to any school after then?

thank you plenty my OGA'S
smiley grin

ChriGo: ...Onye oma na boss so he's on ur case grin....pls what year did u finish ur OND ?....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rilly2000: 12:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
ExcellentV: Good morning house. planning on apply to usask and would like to know how to go about the online payment option for application fee.Pls i need help on how to go about this as I plan paying it today.Thanks.

Well, i paid mine with GTB Mastercard, thou, and ive been using GTB mastercard and my First Bank Visa Card for all form of online payment with the school.

BUT; NOTE - FIRST YEAR TUITION FEE CAN ONLY BE PAID VIA WIRE TRANSFER.

HOPE this helps!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DrJay02(m): 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
shekinahglory12: OGA onye oma am sorry for my impatience,

OGA chrigo i finished 2009, do you think i should act like i never went to any school after then?

smiley grin

I advise you state your present educational pursuit in ukraine in your application and have a cover letter written explaining why your certificate is not yet available further an updated copy of your transcript can be included which will serve as evidence to your cover letter. Keeping your present academic pursuit in ukraine completely out of your application seem to be more of a disadvantage than any good to you in the sense that you have to explain your academic gap between 2009 - 2013 and your international passport which I believe contains a Ukraine student visa will be another point of concern which you would have to explain to the VO's hence giving the VO's reasons to doubt the integrity of your application and person.
All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nicemax: 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
ChriGo: ....Hello Oduwan...Talking about the high sch fees, Lambton no dey carry last for that one....Lol....but however you do not have to pay all the tuition...Once you send in ur appication to us, we shall review ur application to know if u're eligble for the program...once ur application has been reviewed and accepted,we will issue u a conditional offer letter....We only charge you for the 1st semester tuition deposit gringrin....with dis payment u get to secure ur seat for the program....You can then proceed with ur visa application....We strongly advice u attach ur tuition receipt with ur application to demostrate commitment to CDHC....Hope this helps...

Congrats on your recent promotion as the international admissions officer at lambton college...gringrin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
Oduwan: @ ChriGo, thanks for d response. but just wanna when am applying for visa can i go along wit my son 2yrs and my househelp?
.....You can go along with ur son....Mehn!! Dis na the 1st time i dey hear of dis househelp thingy.....Dats more like a Live and Caregiver job....Dis is really gona be complicated cuz stating u wana take an househelp along from naija might wana Complicate ur app cuz ur house help will definitely need workpermit....Canny ogas would be able to give u insight to this...You can PM ogas Siga and Fhemmmy to know how u can go abt dis....But to me i believe taking ur Son alone wont complicate issue.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ambeyh: hey Chrigo u dey work for Lambton colkege this one wey u dey talk.say ''we will offer you a conditional offer'' i fear you oooo (o_O) 0mo i dey asaju na i no even book for appointment d woman jst ask me if i get my money and my medical form i don even do lab test i dey wait for xray
....Lolzzz....Yes na we dey give admission grin...Good to know u used asaju...Ur TRV should be knocking soon.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
shekinahglory12: OGA onye oma am sorry for my impatience,

smiley grin

....Ok gud bro...Who do u want to use as ur sponsor?...and does ur sponsor own a company?....if yes then that settles the gap frm 2009 - 2013....Just have ur sponsor arrange a backdated Employment letter(2009) for you...Lobatan!!! grin.....just say you have been working with him from 2009 till date.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
nicemax: [/b]

[b]Congrats on your recent promotion as the international admissions officer at lambton college...gringrin
....hahaha...Bad guy grin......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
ChriGo: ....hahaha...Bad guy grin......
...Chrigo...how far... I will advise u to remove that Lambton thingy u put before Justwise ban u again ooo....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Siga: ...Chrigo...how far... I will advise u to remove that Lambton thingy u put before Justwise ban u again ooo....
....Phew!!..Modified grin...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by greatheights: 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
ChriGo: ....Yea i only get to call Miss bon alone biko grin.....

#np rainbow - chrigo ft miss bon

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.