Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,609 members, 7,944,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:41 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (627252 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 18, 2013
NasdaQ: Yeah Buddy!!! gotten my TRV. Its d Lord's doing. TRV nd Medic hopefuls, dont stop believing. Its ur turn in a bit

Congrats man!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by NasdaQ: 10:18am On Dec 18, 2013
Amefrica:

Congrats man!
Thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DrJay02(m): 10:26am On Dec 18, 2013
NasdaQ: Yeah Buddy!!! gotten my TRV. Its d Lord's doing. TRV nd Medic hopefuls, dont stop believing. Its ur turn in a bit
Congratulations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 18, 2013
j-pepper:
So i got an email from university of manitoba,they didn't offer me admission and they didn't give me any reason either, they just said they "regret", cry cry cry,well i regret as well,i just wasted my hard earned money!and i don buy winter coat down o(yes, am that optimistic).And my friend wanted us to use an agent i declined, now I look like someone who has fallen victim of their own ITK

Anyway can any1 suggest schools that do not require english test exam and gre with application fees in the range of 75-100 dollars?

I am worried though, how will i get trv when dem no gree give me admission,i thought that was a given once you meet the requirements! cry cry cry cry cry
God dey sha, no be by force

Please you can also suggest schools in the US

Would appreciate your contributions, thanks.

I applied to so many schools and was rejected in so many too, including Manitoba. Just keep on applying . You can try out University of Windsor , I was given admission there .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 18, 2013
I was at the embassy this morning and I learnt that the last day for in person enquiries is tomorrow. So if u are thinking of storming there , don't dull. because I myself will storm there again tomorrow. cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by buzritchy: 10:47am On Dec 18, 2013
CONGRAT bro

snugle: Before @NasdaQ announces the good news, let me be the first to say CONGRATS!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by surveyor1: 10:48am On Dec 18, 2013
j-pepper:
So i got an email from university of manitoba,they didn't offer me admission and they didn't give me any reason either, they just said they "regret", cry cry cry,well i regret as well,i just wasted my hard earned money!and i don buy winter coat down o(yes, am that optimistic).And my friend wanted us to use an agent i declined, now I look like someone who has fallen victim of their own ITK

Anyway can any1 suggest schools that do not require english test exam and gre with application fees in the range of 75-100 dollars?

I am worried though, how will i get trv when dem no gree give me admission,i thought that was a given once you meet the requirements! cry cry cry cry cry
God dey sha, no be by force

Please you can also suggest schools in the US

Would appreciate your contributions, thanks.
Lots of people makes mistake when choosing university in Canada without doing through research. University of manitoba is too competitive, so you need to have first class, work experience and publication to secure you an admission. Although they stated that 2:1 is there requirement but is too competitive. All the Indians guru with high GP and publication are competing with you for the same course or whatever. I reckon you don't choose all those high prestige universities in Canada Expecially for msc or phd without first class. Is not about agents, is just Canada system. University of manitoba, ,alberta, ontario etc in major cities are damn too competitive. You know what?since uk immigration rules have changed for international students, Canada is the countries people are heading to now. Just search for low prestige university like memorial university of newfoundland etc. Don't choose competitive uni. Check usa aswell. Lots of universities and you have better chance of getting admission. All the best!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mPop(f): 10:53am On Dec 18, 2013
@chrigo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mPop(f): 10:56am On Dec 18, 2013
Morning, the course I am goin for is an 8months course, so once I'm through with it will I have problems with my PGD work permit and stuff? Does it mean I'll be given 8months PGD work permit instead of 1year?. Or how does it work guys that know abt this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by surveyor1: 11:10am On Dec 18, 2013
mPop: Morning, the course I am goin for is an 8months course, so once I'm through with it will I have problems with my PGD work permit and stuff? Does it mean I'll be given 8months PGD work permit instead of 1year?. Or how does it work guys that know abt this
You will only be eligible for 8 months post graduation work permit. To be eligible for post graduation work permit, you need to study minimum of 8 months. The only graduates they give an additional of 1 year to their normal work permit are students who studied for 2 yrs or more.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by cconcept: 11:14am On Dec 18, 2013
@surveyor,MUN is competitive too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by surveyor1: 11:18am On Dec 18, 2013
cconcept: @surveyor,MUN is competitive too
Really? Two of my friends got admission with funding and they graduated with 2:1
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mPop(f): 11:19am On Dec 18, 2013
@surveyor after d 8months post graduate work permit, am I eligible for permanent residence? Or my chances r very slim?

So,wt about if after my 8months course,I take a 1yr course? Does that lead to 3yrs pgd WP?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by cconcept: 11:20am On Dec 18, 2013
surveyor1:
Really? Two of friends got admission with 2:1 with funding.

what level of study? grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by surveyor1: 11:21am On Dec 18, 2013
cconcept:

what level of study? grin
Msc and phd chemical engineering.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by surveyor1: 11:27am On Dec 18, 2013
mPop: @surveyor after d 8months post graduate work permit, am I eligible for permanent residence? Or my chances r very slim?

So,wt about if after my 8months course,I take a 1yr course? Does that lead to 3yrs pgd WP?
Your chances are slim if you opt for 8 months. I reckon 1yrs so you can obtain 1yr post graduation work permit. Something about Canada is, there are routes to get your PR as a student. U can apply through Canada experience class or provisional nominee in each province for international students. The set back in provisional nominee is u can only work in that province but with Canada experience class route for PR u can work anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mPop(f): 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
U didn't fully answer my question
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jpepper: 1:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
I applied for Computer Science,made a 2.1, thats the grade the requested in their requirements.The odd thing is they didnt say the rejection was for lack of academic competence,they even said "even if you met the minimum requirements of the faculty,our inability to consider you application at this time is not necessarily a reflection on you as a candidate for postgraduate studies....blablabla" and something about number of appications and available slots.Too bad i guess

cconcept:

what did you apply for and what were your grades?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Emerald92(f): 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
I don PORT oooooo!!!!! My Visa just landed after all d sleepless 9t,Am alwyz ere on nairaland reading peeps comment,hoping and prayin my time wld come..... Silent observer tho! ....All praise to Almighty God... To all medicals/TRV peeps... Don't worry ur time wil surely com..... Chirgo and mis bon ( I see u in 3D)....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
Emerald92: I don PORT oooooo!!!!! My Visa just landed after all d sleepless 9t,Am alwyz ere on nairaland reading peeps comment,hoping and prayin my time wld come..... Silent observer tho! ....All praise to Almighty God... To all medicals/TRV peeps... Don't worry ur time wil surely com..... Chirgo and mis bon ( I see u in 3D)....

Lemme be the first to say "Congrats sis!"

Congrats sis! smiley have fun.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Emerald92(f): 3:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
Thanxs soooo very much...Am super excited.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ehis1010(m): 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
Congrats emerald......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by snugle: 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
So much good news today! I also just got my TRV!!

Thank God!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Emerald92(f): 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
Congrats too....loads of Goodnews 2 com insha ALLAH
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
snugle: So much good news today! I also just got my TRV!!

Thank God!

Congrats bro! *chop knuckle*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 3:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
Congrats dear, chrigo is saying congrats from the skies grin
Emerald92: I don PORT oooooo!!!!! My Visa just landed after all d sleepless 9t,Am alwyz ere on nairaland reading peeps comment,hoping and prayin my time wld come..... Silent observer tho! ....All praise to Almighty God... To all medicals/TRV peeps... Don't worry ur time wil surely com..... Chirgo and mis bon ( I see u in 3D)....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
Congrats on ur TRV...kindly list out all d docx u submitted, the institution and level of studies. All the best dearie...

My main men Chrigo n GH, I know u are in the air now on ur way 2 Tdot...safe landing.
@Nasdaq...Congrats on ur TRV...All d best man...pls follow d instruction I gave 2 emerald92
@snugle...congrats on ur TRV...follow d instruction promptly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Seunalasho: 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
NasdaQ: Thanks bro
congrats bro,was it online route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
Congrats snugle smiley

Thank God!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Seunalasho: 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2013

Thank God!
congrats dear,was it online route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Seunalasho: 3:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
Emerald92: Thanxs soooo very much...Am super excited.
congrats dear,pls what route was it and list of docs you submitted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Emerald92(f): 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
Thru my agent tho!... Submitted:

Waec result
Transcript
Police report
Bank statement : 6.8M
Notarized affidavit of support
Company' document(CAC)
Birth certificate
Admission Letter( Lethbridge college,Alberta)
Tuition fee receipt
Nysc cert.... Etc....

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (501)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.