Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,526 members, 7,971,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:07 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (630493 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by halle2: 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2014
Hassan0007: Hey guys am new hear pls I need u guys assistant I submitted my application on june 2 and I am yet to receive it and also d skool is resuming on september pls what can I do
Which route did you apply through? Online or paper?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chizzy01(f): 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2014
Amefrica: Lol ...no change am oo.. cheesy me been dey joke nii.
ok na. started 6-6fasting for medical call grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2014
BaaleofMontreal:

Oh!now I get it, that means he has his own business and I guess it is registered. The documents required are the same with your boss
Thanks bro, am grateful

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Krysstofa(m): 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2014
Hola roomies! I'm impressed, nice thread. Kudoz y'all! I sent my application to a Canadian sch and I'm awaiting admission. My question is can I apply for a TRV before gaining admission as the program is to begin september! Thanks. #Krysstofa [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2014
Krysstofa: Hola roomies! I'm impressed, nice thread. Kudoz y'all! I sent my application to a Canadian sch and I'm awaiting admission. My question is can I apply for a TRV before gaining admission as the program is to begin september! Thanks. #Krysstofa [color=#000099][/color]
No, u av to wait for ur admission letter, dat is d only prove dat u ar really goin for studying,and maks u eligible for a TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Krysstofa(m): 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2014
Thank Emperor, but before then what're the financial requirements for applying for a TRV? And do I need Toefl, Ielts or Melab to gain admission in CNA NL?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Hassan0007(m): 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
halle2:
hi applied through paper
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Hassan0007(m): 8:54pm On Jul 01, 2014
halle2:

I applied through paper at vfs global at ikeja pls help me out. I applied 4 study visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chizzy01(f): 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
miss bon: You should be called for medicals by now, if not then all you can do is relax and wait for them to notify u .all the best
is it advisable to ask d skl to give u anoda start date while u wait for d decision of d VOs cos rite now my last start is september. applied 5th june n still v july n august to wait?ur opinions are needed tnk u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by akosh005: 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
Hassan0007:

I applied through paper at vfs global at ikeja pls help me out. I applied 4 study visa
Hi Hassan0007, mine is 4th June. Paper route. Be rest assured our medical call up is coming soon. Oti de tan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 9:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
Don't be in a hurry to get another start date..just relax and see how things go this July..remain positive and am sure u will get good news this month.
All the best
chizzy01: is it advisable to ask d skl to give u anoda start date while u wait for d decision of d VOs cos rite now my last start is september. applied 5th june n still v july n august to wait?ur opinions are needed tnk u.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vinnygod: 10:33pm On Jul 01, 2014
yes u must renew it since you're goin for a long program .your passport have to be valid for the duration of ur study period as a study permit cannot be issued beyond the validity of ur passport

tebbyosi: hey guys, im new here and ive been reading posts about the visa application thing, its been really helpful.
i hav a lil question though, I intend to apply in august for the winter session, 2015 in canaada but then my passport expires May 2015.
i dont know if i should apply with this passport or renew it before applying for the visa... what do you guys think?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
chizzy01: ok na. started 6-6fasting for medical call grin
God go hear am! No forget me in ur prayers shaa.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 01, 2014
miss bon: You can simply write 'none'
It should accept alphabets and should not be left blank

Thanks for the response, Miss bon; however its not accepting none for the employment dates. the error message keeps saying 'The correct format is: Numeric characters and between 1990-current year. The following characters are invalid: N/A'

Please how do i get past this? Does anyone know what to fill in for the form to be validated? I'm stuck here and need to apply ASAP. Pleaseeeee
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 11:43pm On Jul 01, 2014
I guess if it's not taking alphabets then u can write '0' as in the number zero.
All the best
ms.anon:

Thanks for the response, Miss bon; however its not accepting none for the employment dates. the error message keeps saying 'The correct format is: Numeric characters and between 1990-current year. The following characters are invalid: N/A'

Please how do i get past this? Does anyone know what to fill in for the form to be validated? I'm stuck here and need to apply ASAP. Pleaseeeee
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Hassan0007(m): 11:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
ChriGo: .....hmmm!!!....please give details on how you applied online.....dis looks like paper route to me.....paper routers too dey do biometrics so dont confuse yoursef oooo........waiting for the details.....

Oga chrigo am new on dis site pls I applied 4 study permit visa on 2nd of june and am yet to receive back my application but I was giving tracking number when ever I checked this was d reply = Your Passport Status
Visa application, tracking ID No.20131219CALASTUxxxxx is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, ACCRA To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.
I submitted it VFS Global ikeja billings way. Also the school is resuming on september oga chrigo what can I do pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 11:58pm On Jul 01, 2014
I had to download the form to check myself, I noticed the form has changed. What use to work before doesn't work now so I will advice you to write it this way
Date: indicate ur graduation date from ur first degree and month
Current activity: graduated on the said date and no current actiivity or state any volunteer work or anything ur doing
Company/employer name: write 'none' if you stated no current activity or place ur doing the work stated
I hope this helps
ms.anon:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 02, 2014
This is a month of Ramadan,a month when good news will be shared on this thread, medical calls soon by God grace.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 02, 2014
Hassan0007:

Oga chrigo am new on dis site pls I applied 4 study permit visa on 2nd of june and am yet to receive back my application but I was giving tracking number when ever I checked this was d reply = Your Passport Status
Visa application, tracking ID No.20131219CALASTUxxxxx is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, ACCRA To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.
I submitted it VFS Global ikeja billings way. Also the school is resuming on september oga chrigo what can I do pls.
Oga, go chillax!! Your medicals dey come. Don't become restless nah!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 02, 2014
miss bon: I had to download the form to check myself, I noticed the form has changed. What use to work before doesn't work now so I will advice you to write it this way
Date: indicate ur graduation date from ur first degree and month
Current activity: graduated on the said date and no current actiivity or state any volunteer work or anything ur doing
Company/employer name: write 'none' if you stated no current activity or place ur doing the work stated
I hope this helps

I appreciate the effort miss bon. Thanks. I'm still doing my first degree; just going for an exchange program. I have worked briefly in the past but for a few weeks, should i just put that down? They were temporary jobs and i don't know if they really count. At this point, i'm willing to just put it down so i can get past this stage to be honest. Thanks for your help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 1:00am On Jul 02, 2014
Since ur still in skul then write the year you got in and the month. Then the current activity should be that you are still in school and going on an exchange program. The current employer should be ur school's name
The jobs dat can be included are the ones attained after you have graduated so Pls don't put any temporary jobs there cos it could affect ur purpose of visit.
All the best
ms.anon:

I appreciate the effort miss bon. Thanks. I'm still doing my first degree; just going for an exchange program. I have worked briefly in the past but for a few weeks, should i just put that down? They were temporary jobs and i don't know if they really count. At this point, i'm willing to just put it down so i can get past this stage to be honest. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 02, 2014
miss bon: Since ur still in skul then write the year you got in and the month. Then the current activity should be that you are still in school and going on an exchange program. The current employer should be ur school's name
The jobs dat can be included are the ones attained after you have graduated so Pls don't put any temporary jobs there cos it could affect ur purpose of visit.
All the best

Thank you soo much! You're a life saver.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Hassan0007(m): 3:43am On Jul 02, 2014
Amefrica: Oga, go chillax!! Your medicals dey come. Don't become restless nah!

Thanks Amefrica
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ikillmods: 5:41am On Jul 02, 2014
Hello peeps, please I have a bro who finished with 1.7 cgpa in statistics, but he wishes to do Msc in geology, is it possible he can do pgd in geology, then Msc in geology. Or does he starts from Bsc again thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chizzy01(f): 6:48am On Jul 02, 2014
miss bon: Don't be in a hurry to get another start date..just relax and see how things go this July..remain positive and am sure u will get good news this month.
All the best
tnk u so much. gudmoni
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lassky(m): 6:58am On Jul 02, 2014
Please @all, I've been trying to pay for my visa application online with my bro's master card but couldn't. And I have like 37k inside d account. I'm so confused!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 02, 2014
lassky: Please @all, I've been trying to pay for my visa application online with my bro's master card but couldn't. And I have like 37k inside d account. I'm so confused!
Which bank's card? Zenith, First and GTBank's cards work well. Also, I will advise you to sum all up to 40K (e go remain change shaa) ...and I hope you entered the card's information correctly?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by fejeerow(f): 8:11am On Jul 02, 2014
Good day everyone, few questions to ask. I got accept to bcit for post graduate diploma program for jan 2015
Anyone going to bcit?
Paper route and online, which do u recommend?
What do u recommend for me to use as strong ties to my country? Am still young 23,not married, not engaged, no company to take care of, pls help me of an idea to use as home tie
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by fejeerow(f): 8:12am On Jul 02, 2014
ikillmods: Hello peeps, please I have a bro who finished with 1.7 cgpa in statistics, but he wishes to do Msc in geology, is it possible he can do pgd in geology, then Msc in geology. Or does he starts from Bsc again thanks.
I think this too low...at least a 2.5 should be manageable...so i think
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 8:44am On Jul 02, 2014
Krysstofa: Thank Emperor, but before then what're the financial requirements for applying for a TRV? And do I need Toefl, Ielts or Melab to gain admission in CNA NL?
Some schs in canada dont require Toefl or ielts, so i suggest u ask d sch u ar applying to.
N for the financial requirements, it depends on ur program. So kindly state d program n d tuition fee, wit accomodation fee, and oda expenses u will incur. I am sure d masters in d house will put u tru #am still a learner#

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.