Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,801 members, 7,976,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 05:21 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (631215 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chizzy01(f): 5:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
plz huse wats d process of someone helping u pick up ur documents from CVAC? LL appreciate ur response tnk u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BaaleofMontreal: 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
brvheart: hi peeps,

can anyone give me university or college
where i can get PGD in information technology /web technology / networking
anything IT related on PGD level please

thanks

www.aucc.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ManTiger(m): 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
Jijola: U scan one after the other nooni. I used one that covered a year plus.
The e- mail may just be that certain documents were added to the file, it happened to my friend too.then, they do send alerts of an update on your MyCIC account twice, like 2 different days.
thanks boss.
Pls what doc should we take along for biometrics apart from the letter of introduction to vfs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
tokiniofficial: My Q10 isn't compatible
Thank God sef, make I begin prepare for iphone

Hehehehe!

You na rich man pikin nah ...make I dey with my palasa jejely.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sashafierce: 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
Slimdel: Its important but not a must whether online or not sashafierce got her visa online route without any sop or loe abeg befr u give someone HBP

Swerri sorry I had to mention your name just don't want the guy in question here his blood pressure to rise because he didn't submit sop, he needs to hope and pray for the best

Slimdel!!!! Its aii tho. Yh its nt a must cos I dint even know wat dat meant
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sashafierce: 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
chizzy01: plz huse wats d process of someone helping u pick up ur documents from CVAC? LL appreciate ur response tnk u.

Chizzy ur new application is thru? Wish u d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
Have they answered you? grin hope its good news
chizzy01: plz huse wats d process of someone helping u pick up ur documents from CVAC? LL appreciate ur response tnk u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
I say make I apologize here bfr u break my head on bbm kiss
sashafierce:
Slimdel!!!! Its aii tho. Yh its nt a must cos I dint even know wat dat meant
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2014

What's up, babe? shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
It will be on your biometrics letter- Your biometrics letter and international passport.
ManTiger:
thanks boss.
Pls what doc should we take along for biometrics apart from the letter of introduction to vfs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DFodio(m): 7:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartphones_and_mobile_internet/Will_my_mobile_phone_or_smartphone_work_on_the_Bell_network#

For the Issue of phone compatibility when peeps get to canada

Check the link above to also know if your phone will work on this network. (Bell Mobility).

As a rule of thumb. Your phone must be HSDPA (or UMTS) and 850 MHz and 1900 MHz compatible. to know if it is. go to www.gsmarena.com and search for your phone at the top right hand corner, the specification will be shown and you can compare with this.

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

An acquaintance phone from Russia had the following spec:2G Network GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 and 3G Network HSDPA:900 / 2100. The phone was not compatible on the 3G network for Roger but was compatible on the 2G. She had to get another phone when she got to canada.

Majority of the high end phones will be compatible. As far as i know, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, S4, Note 3 will most likely be compatible with most networks in Canada.

My advice is for those planning to buy a phone, it will be best to buy it when you get to Canada so that the money will not be a waste

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by deruboy: 7:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hello thks so much all u guuys av been s much supportive.Big up. Pls am encountering another prblem here. While i was trying to enter My card number for. Payment online d server just went off. N i triied logging in again into my CIC account
It was showing processing application ,when i av not even enterred my bank acct no. N is not even going back to previous page where i signed in my name. Am really worried. Pls wot. Do u advise me too do Oooo. Am rilly confused. If i eveen log out n log in again,when i get to dt stage again it will get stock. N it kips showing application not yet submitted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chizzy01(f): 7:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
Slimdel: Have they answered you? grin hope its good news
bad news dear. but nothing has gone bad yet
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2014
deruboy: Hello thks so much all u guuys av been s much supportive.Big up. Pls am encountering another prblem here. While i was trying to enter My card number for. Payment online d server just went off. N i triied logging in again into my CIC account
It was showing processing application ,when i av not even enterred my bank acct no. N is not even going back to previous page where i signed in my name. Am really worried. Pls wot. Do u advise me too do Oooo. Am rilly confused. If i eveen log out n log in again,when i get to dt stage again it will get stock. N it kips showing application not yet submitted

Just wait for few mins it will go back to "not submitted"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
Oh no that's so sad please pm me when u calmed

#Never back down

chizzy01: bad news dear. but nothing has gone bad yet
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
Erhhm hope say my iPhone 5s go work ni cry no money to buy a new phone ooo
DFodio: http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartphones_and_mobile_internet/Will_my_mobile_phone_or_smartphone_work_on_the_Bell_network#

For the Issue of phone compatibility when peeps get to canada

Check the link above to also know if your phone will work on this network. (Bell Mobility).

As a rule of thumb. Your phone must be HSDPA (or UMTS) and 850 MHz and 1900 MHz compatible. to know if it is. go to www.gsmarena.com and search for your phone at the top right hand corner, the specification will be shown and you can compare with this.

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

An acquaintance phone from Russia had the following spec:2G Network GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 and 3G Network HSDPA:900 / 2100. The phone was not compatible on the 3G network for Roger but was compatible on the 2G. She had to get another phone when she got to canada.

Majority of the high end phones will be compatible. As far as i know, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, S4, Note 3 will most likely be compatible with most networks in Canada.

My advice is for those planning to buy a phone, it will be best to buy it when you get to Canada so that the money will not be a waste
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 7:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
Slimdel: Erhhm hope say my iPhone 5s go work ni cry no money to buy a new phone ooo
no! it won't...
only nokia torch phone works there.

how u m'am?

#just passing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
shocked See your head like coconut kiss iyaf see u finish
How are you dear

blink6:
no! it won't...
only nokia torch phone works there.

how u m'am?

#just passing.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
Slimdel: shocked See your head like coconut kiss iyaf see u finish
How are you dear

iyaf see u too na!

I hail u on whatsapp o! #fine madam!.

I'm doing great btw
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
well true.... my girlfiend had to buy an S3 when she got there her S4 wasnt compatible....
so its not bout high end phones....
so its best to buy a phone when u get there or take a 50/50 risk
but i think blackberry devices should work fine cause RIM is from Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ManTiger(m): 7:54pm On Jul 16, 2014
Jijola: It will be on your biometrics letter- Your biometrics letter and international passport.
ok sir,
Thanks so much.
No need of police clearance?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chichi89(f): 8:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
oh dear.
Well what I was told at vfs is that you'll write a letter of authority giving the person permission to collect your package for you. You'd also give the person that slip and photocopy of your bio data page of your passport. He/she will also have to go with an identity card.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
shocked shocked my friends s3 no work for there ooo she had to buy s5 she kept on lamenting cry
brvheart: well true.... my girlfiend had to buy an S3 when she got there her S4 wasnt compatible....
so its not bout high end phones....
so its best to buy a phone when u get there or take a 50/50 risk
but i think blackberry devices should work fine cause RIM is from Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chichi89(f): 8:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
Slimdel: Erhhm hope say my iPhone 5s go work ni cry no money to buy a new phone ooo
LOL! You should visit the websites of networks in canada to check if your phone is compatible. But it should be tho.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chichi89(f): 8:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
twaintoy: Will do all these. But if i didn't mention that she's late, would i still be required to add her dirth cert? Just asking though, guess will ask my brother abt d cert.
Thanks so much, really appreciate your explanations. Am a newbie and am gonna need a guidance.
Trying to get a school that offers the course i wanna go study. Am looking at next year september.
oh okay. I wish the best. Feel free to ask questions here and people will answer to the best of their knowledge
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
Chi Chi my namesake I'm even scared to check cause I fit faint if its not compatible
chichi89: LOL! You should visit the websites of networks in canada to check if your phone is compatible. But it should be tho.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DFodio(m): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
with your IMEI number, you can easily know if your phone is compatible or not. No harm in checking
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DFodio(m): 8:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
Slimdel: Chi Chi my namesake I'm even scared to check cause I fit faint if its not compatible
If it is not compatible. maybe someone's prayers just got answered. You may need to give someone or sell it off

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by deruboy: 8:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hello thks so much all u guuys av been s much supportive.Big up. Pls am encountering another prblem here. While i was trying to enter My card number for. Payment online d server just went off. N i triied logging in again into my CIC account
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by deruboy: 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
Haaaa it has not ooo since past 4 dis evening. I really dont kw wot to do . Any more info frm others pls.
lovelydamsel:

Just wait for few mins it will go back to "not submitted"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by twaintoy(f): 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
chichi89: oh okay. I wish the best. Feel free to ask questions here and people will answer to the best of their knowledge
Thanks dear. Will do as said.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 16, 2014
Omo its not easy at all I'm valuing my naira cause if u convert it to dollar you will see yourself verryyy broke already

luvly3:

My dear preparations not so good, getting ready slowly ...not had time to concentrate on preparations yet o...but flight has been booked sha....

How are things at your end....

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.