Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,786 members, 7,952,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:33 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (627805 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
I guess ur uncle knows what's best for you. I would have adviced u differently but I guess u have ur uncle to guide you. I wish ya the best
slimmsyyetty: I say a big -̶̶•-̶̶•̸Ϟ•̸Thank You•̸Ϟ•̸-̶̶•-̶ 2those dat answered my initial questn.

Pls house, d issue iƧ̷̜̩̌̋ dis.....

I applied 4MUN graduate program (geophysics precisely) but I wasn't given admission. I just tried d undergraduate program aπϑ I was admitted. Am a 1st degree holder since 2009 in applied Physics(2.2). Some1 now suggested I shldnt go 4dat undgergrad program, rather, I shld do a year PGD in applied geophysics @ FUTA b4 applying 4anoda Msc program in Canada cos it could boost my chances of being admitted. No schools in Canada offers PGD in Geophysics. An uncle residing in Canada now got mad @me when he heard of my new plans of doing PGD @ FUTA firstly b4 applying 4anoda Msc program. He told me d undergrad prog iƧ̷̜̩̌̋ better because of d duratn which will be easier 4me 2settle down compared 2yrs M.sc. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ he OREDRED me to apply 4my TRV wit d undergrad admission. Honestly, am seriously confused was y I decided 2come here 4ur opinions. -̶̶•-̶̶•̸Ϟ•̸Thank You•̸Ϟ•̸-̶̶•-̶
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
lovelydamsel:

Abeg Oga tell am the truth o.Justwise coma read o, this is what I expected from you.
...Lol....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by slimmsyyetty: 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=missbon]I guess ur uncle knows what's best for you. I would have adviced u differently but I guess u have ur uncle to guide you. I wish ya the best [/quot

@misbon: pls say sometin. am here 4advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
The arguement is not petty actually we are not insulting one another or anything. You learn from such arguements. It makes you rethink alot of things and guides your decision making.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by slimmsyyetty: 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
missbon: I guess ur uncle knows what's best for you. I would have adviced u differently but I guess u have ur uncle to guide you. I wish ya the best

@misbon: as regard 2our last discussion concerning d PGD in GIS in Canada, I realised I didnt do any GIS related course(s) during my undergrad program. Don't Ɣ☺ΰ tink my chances of being admitted will be slim
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
ChriGo: ....Justwise....are you talking based on UK educational system?.....here in Canada we have professors(I mean real professors) in Colleges.....professors full Lambton wella and they hate to be called teachers else dem go gang up stone you to death grin.....

Yes there are professors in many college but they can still teach students rather than lecture them, not all lecturers in universities are professors, some are Dr and they still lecture.

I'm not here to run down college education or promote university system, i'm only stating how the system is.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=slimmsyyetty][/quote]

/////

From experiences on this thread I think its difficult to convince a VO of ur genuine intentions going for a lesser program after ur 1st degree....u may need to consider dat...y wud a bsc holder wanna go for bsc again...unless u'r changing field entirely..it may work...I wud advise u go a pgd related to ur 1st degree....seriously we need to appreciate our 1st degrees guys...no be small thing, so I think we shud always progress unless there reliable reasons to divert....

As regards d PR thing after a longer stay studying, I believe there are always ways to get ur PR even after a 1yr program in canada...I'm not in canada yet, I don't know how easy or how it works, but I believe there will be a way...a lot of us desire this PR thing and we will get by Gods grace.

Maybe the house shud even let's talk a little about getting permanent residence after ones pgd or msc..especially if na 1yr. Enough of college and uni discussion. Deeply in my heart I know my own reason for choosing college instead of uni..u shud know urs too.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
slimmsyyetty:

@misbon: as regard 2our last discussion concerning d PGD in GIS in Canada, I realised I didnt do any GIS related course(s) during my undergrad program. Don't Ɣ☺ΰ tink my chances of being admitted will be slim
....The fact the you're Slim doesn't mean your chances to any thing you wana do are slim too grin.....You'll get admitted for PGD in GIS....colleges accept 2:2 .....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
Let's leave canny or naija aside, anywhere you find yourself in life, your qualifications are just an additional bonus, what one can make out of it is what matters, some build mansions with just a coin and some can't even build a bungalow with millions. Your environment only comes in to determine whether you will shine through easy or hard way. If you have the potentials inside and can't find it no college, MSC, PGD, masters, PhD whatever can find it. Know what works for u and develop in it.

Happy Sunday

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
yomiraheem:

/////

From experiences on this thread I think its difficult to convince a VO of ur genuine intentions going for a lesser program after ur 1st degree....u may need to consider dat...y wud a bsc holder wanna go for bsc again...unless u'r changing field entirely..it may work...I wud advise u go a pgd related to ur 1st degree....seriously we need to appreciate our 1st degrees guys...no be small thing, so I think we shud always progress unless there reliable reasons to divert....

As regards d PR thing after a longer stay studying, I believe there are always ways to get ur PR even after a 1yr program in canada...I'm not in canada yet, I don't know how easy or how it works, but I believe there will be a way...a lot of us desire this PR thing and we will get by Gods grace.

Maybe the house shud even let's talk a little about getting permanent residence after ones pgd or msc..especially if na 1yr. Enough of college and uni discussion. Deeply in my heart I know my own reason for choosing college instead of uni..u shud know urs too.

Cheers!

I feel you man! So case closed, lets end it..

My msc too is 1 year.. I guess thats the same dilema I am in.. But as people say, wait till you land first. Cos until I see my trv stamped I'm not stressing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
U cant assume without trying, I advice u apply first before concluding dat ur chances are slim. Do not assume based on what is wrriten on the site. Several peeps got admitted into courses they have no background in. So don't limit urself. Pgd is the easy way to go instead of redoing another bachelors. It saves u from visa problems and it also adds to ur previous degree. It can also help u advance for masters so pls do wat works for ur career best.
slimmsyyetty:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
Lol Oga mi abeg leave #teamslim alone.
ChriGo: ....The fact the you're Slim doesn't mean your chances to any thing you wana do are slim too grin.....You'll get admitted for PGD in GIS....colleges accept 2:2 .....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 3:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
Slimdel: Let's leave canny or naija aside, anywhere you find yourself in life, your qualifications are just an additional bonus, what one can make out of it is what matters, some build mansions with just a coin and some can't even build a bungalow with millions. Your environment only comes in to determine whether you will shine through easy or hard way. If you have the potentials inside and can't find it no college, MSC, PGD, masters, PhD whatever can find it. Know what works for u and develop in it.

Happy Sunday

You are actually missing the point
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bodmas3000(m): 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
Happy Sunday everyone
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
yomiraheem:

/////

Cheers!
.....Doing 1yr PGD in search of PR is not bad as i learnt recently....once you get ur 1yr post graduate work permit(Pgwp), and you get a job within 2-5 months....before your post graduate work permit expires, you can apply for the normal work permit every tom,dick and harry applies for grin and continue using it till you're ripe enough to apply for PR through the Canadian experience class(CEC) route which requires at least 1yr work experience......the gamble here is what if you don't get that professional job before your 1yr post graduate work permit expires ?....Note: you can't use a flipping burger job at Mc Donalds to apply through CEC route grin....hence reason why peeps opt for a 2yrs program so as to bag a 3yrs post graduate work permit which gives you enough room and flexibility to do whatever you like...lol......But i would advice if you can only afford a 1yr program, then come do it.....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
ChriGo: .....Doing 1yr PGD in search of PR is not bad as i learnt recently....once you get ur 1yr post graduate work permit(Pgwp), and you get a job within 2-5 months....before your post graduate work permit expires, you can apply for the normal work permit every tom,dick and harry applies for grin and continue using it till you're ripe enough to apply for PR through the Canadian experience class(CEC) route which requires at least 1yr work experience......the gamble here is what if you don't get that professional job before your 1yr post graduate work permit expires ?....Note: you can't use a flipping burger job at Mc Donalds to apply through CEC route grin....hence reason why peeps opt for a 2yrs program so as to bag a 3yrs post graduate work permit which gives you enough room and flexibility to do whatever you like...lol......But i would advice if you can only afford a 1yr program, then come do it.....
.....To add to this....If you got previous work experience then 1yr course isn't bad.....getting a job after graduation will be much more easier than someone without previous work experience who did 1yr course.......

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2014
Slimdel: Lol Oga mi abeg leave #teamslim alone.
.....Lolzzz grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2014
ChriGo: .....To add to this....If you got previous work experience then 1yr course isn't bad.....getting a job after graduation will be much more easier than someone without previous work experience who did 1yr course.......

Oga you don finish work o smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by slimmsyyetty: 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
yomiraheem:

/////

Cheers!
-̶̶•-̶̶•̸Ϟ•̸Thank You•̸Ϟ•̸-̶̶•-̶ I also don't av d intention of going 4anoda bsc. I av not bin given grad admission was y I tried d undergrad aπϑ it worked. Besides, my 1st degree iƧ̷̜̩̌̋ applied physics aπϑ applied MUN gave M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ geophysics..... Dats entirely different
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
ChriGo: .....To add to this....If you got previous work experience then 1yr course isn't bad.....getting a job after graduation will be much more easier than someone without previous work experience who did 1yr course.......
People that swore that they will come back! tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by slimmsyyetty: 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
ChriGo: ....The fact the you're Slim doesn't mean your chances to any thing you wana do are slim too grin.....You'll get admitted for PGD in GIS....colleges accept 2:2 .....
Lol.... But am no longer slim anyway. Dats an ID since 2002.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by slimmsyyetty: 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
missbon: U cant assume without trying, I advice u apply first before concluding dat ur chances are slim. Do not assume based on what is wrriten on the site. Several peeps got admitted into courses they have no background in. So don't limit urself. Pgd is the easy way to go instead of redoing another bachelors. It saves u from visa problems and it also adds to ur previous degree. It can also help u advance for masters so pls do wat works for ur career best.
*big huuuuuug* will try d GIS. Tenks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
ferdimako:
People that swore that they will come back!
....Come back ? grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
slimmsyyetty:
....You are no longer slim but your chances to things are still slim?....hmmm!!! grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
Chrigo dear....winks kiss

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
missbon: Chrigo dear....winks kiss
....[size=26pt]Winks[/size] kiss.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
slimmsyyetty:
*big huuuuuug* will try d GIS. Tenks

/////
My friend got GIS with flemming college with 2.2. Read geology though but I remember asking flemming too if I had the chance with GIS with my bsc microbioloy, they said yes. So yetunde, I believe u'll get pgd in GIS. Most colleges av dat for sept entry though, so if its ok, u cud try flemming for sept 2015 or oda colleges.

@Chrigo...weldone bro...dat was a relief..hoping to get PR in d long run na the big dream oo. u know plenty of us love naija soo much dat want to get PR in canny to better our beloved naija. Na so d VO wan hear....lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by monoformdude: 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
first flight tinz.. wat will u do?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 5:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
slimmsyyetty:

Sorry but I thought NL started in 2005

I dunno o but I thought Chrigo is married, what's with all the winks and slim talk... ah ah ah hmmm Miss bon hope your seeing what I sawing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
No I'm not I know exactly what I'm saying which is some people have MSC cert and didn't make anything out of it while some have diploma and doing something with it, maybe u didn't get the proverb there. That's all
justwise:

You are actually missing the point
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
chrisviral:

Sorry but I thought NL started in 2005

I dunno o but I thought Chrigo is married, what's with all the winks and slim talk... ah ah ah hmmm Miss bon hope your seeing what I sawing
....Na ur Gf i dey wink to?...you sure say you wear ur goggles before reading my post grin....You no see the moniker wey i dey wink to?.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
Slimdel: No I'm not I know exactly what I'm saying which is some people have MSC cert and didn't make anything out of it while some have diploma and doing something with it, maybe u didn't get the proverb there. That's all

You are still missing the point, this debate got nothing to do with value of college or university qualification or what one can achieve with it.

The debate here is about the difference between college and university education and why some people prefer to attend college rather than university.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.