Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,011 members, 7,922,445 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 07:33 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (624562 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 27, 2014
SavedbyYaweh: Morning all,
Pls do I need 4 passport photograph when going to Asaju for medicals?
Thanks

You only need 1
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 27, 2014
tnuola:

Lol.. Mabinu..

It's ok. grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by harkinhola: 8:09am On Jul 27, 2014
No Ma, and may I know why. Thanks
gavinmensah:

Are you a lecturer?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gavinmensah(f): 8:11am On Jul 27, 2014
harkinhola: No Ma, and may I know why. Thanks

Your post. Sounds like you have done quite some research. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 8:24am On Jul 27, 2014
Classical Alawada...whatever you say my friend. cheesy
earthgreeners:

Na only number 2 be the truth..the rest na asodun

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 27, 2014
Truth be told like earthgreeners said its cos getting into a good university is hard. Thats why agents confuse so many of you before you even try to apply and when you do apply you might get rejected. Which brings everyone to apply to colleges.
Why would anyone want to have a diploma in his cv talkless staying in school in some cases for 2 years to get it. All these ones na story. I can assure everyone here that you would feel better with yourself with an msc compared with a pgd.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by harkinhola: 8:37am On Jul 27, 2014
Lolz, maybe you are right when it comes to Research about Canada grin.
I ask people (Prospective Students and Students) questions though.
gavinmensah:

Your post. Sounds like you have done quite some research. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 8:45am On Jul 27, 2014
earthgreeners:

Bros u still dey here?
I dey o!...

how ur end?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 27, 2014
codebreaker: Truth be told like earthgreeners said its cos getting into a good university is hard. Thats why agents confuse so many of you before you even try to apply and when you do apply you might get rejected. Which brings everyone to apply to colleges.
Why would anyone want to have a diploma in his cv talkless staying in school in some cases for 2 years to get it. All these ones na story. I can assure everyone here that you would feel better with yourself with an msc compared with a pgd.

Dnt blame agents what about those that come here to ask for schools and tell everyone their GPA.Nairaland members will still sugguest Colleges.so its the same thing.stop blaming agents.nairaland members should encourage new members to go on research.email the school ask the school questions.some schools don't take up to 2hrs to response to your questions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 27, 2014
To seal off the argument!

Which one better and hard to enter between Obafemi Awolowo University and Tai Solarin College of Education?

Case closed!

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 8:49am On Jul 27, 2014
blink6:
I dey o!...

how ur end?

How far have you gone?..u don dey unto this matter for close to 2years now

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mPop(f): 8:52am On Jul 27, 2014
Slimdel: @mpop I didn't hear from u again, whatsup?

wel do it today smiley
Slimdel: @mpop I didn't hear from u again, whatsup?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by twaintoy(f): 8:53am On Jul 27, 2014
gavinmensah:

That should be your own secret, I advice you not to let the VO know, get a pgd in line with ur course of study or a master course better still, then also get the pgd for infotech. When you get to canny go to the place of your choice,Speaking from experience tho.
definitely the VO won't know. Will do as u said. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 8:53am On Jul 27, 2014
Amefrica: To seal of the argument!

Which one better and hard to enter between Obafemi Awolowo University and Tai Solarin College of Education?

Case closed!

grin grin

You mean OAU and Adeyemi College of Education.

FYI, Tai Solarin College of Education no longer exist (now Tai Solarin University of Education)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 8:55am On Jul 27, 2014
slimmsyyetty: Suggestions please!
MUN gave me an undergraduate admission for dis fall and I have received my LOA since may. Sometin came up S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ I couldnt apply for TRV. I'm now ready 2apply, hope its not 2late 2apply 4 TRV for sept 3 resumptn.
-̶̶•-̶̶•̸Ϟ•̸Thank You•̸Ϟ•̸-̶̶•-̶ Ɣ☺ΰ all
no dear! if you got all ur docs ready, you can apply today n go for biometric on Wednesday.

PMed u tho.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 8:56am On Jul 27, 2014
lovelydamsel:

Dnt blame agents what about those that come here to ask for schools and tell everyone their GPA.Nairaland members will still sugguest Colleges.so its the same thing.stop blaming agents.nairaland members should encourage new members to go on research.email the school ask the school questions.some schools don't take up to 2hrs to response to your questions.

Yeah..Blame the lazy bones who can't conduct a simple internet research but wanna proceed for a Masters degree.. They don't deserve a University admission either

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Divalavender(f): 9:03am On Jul 27, 2014
Haustraliah: Equlibrium seneca paper route
2. Pcachuks Lambton MARCH 4 Paper route TRV LOADING
3. mistur_chris: MARCH 15 paper route lambton college
4.Coolsammy1: Holland college MARCH 19 Online route (FALL/SEPT -2014 resumption)
5. Drizzle_era Centennial college APRIL 02 ( FALL/SEPT -2014 resumption ).
6. Walofy88: APRIL 3 online route HUMBER college CHOPPED TRV
7. Kingsolve: mohawk APRIL 10 Online route CHOPPED TRV
8. Tianadiva APRIL 17 Paper route
9. Sleem-b: APRIL 19 MUN TRV loading
10. McToby: May 28, New brunswick community college Online route.
11. Halle2: June 6, MUN online route,TRV chopped
12. Aulor: June 6, USASK paper route.
13. Owenizes: June 11, Humber college. Online route.
14. Amefrica: June 13, University of Prince. TRV choped Loading Edward Island(UPEI) Online route.
15. mPop: June 13, Centennial college online route.
16. haustraliah : June 22, medicine hat college online route.
17.Akanni: July 3, Umanitoba.Online route 18.Lassky: July 4, Memorial university of Newfoundland, online route.
19.Parisbluefox: July 7, Memorial University Of Newfoundland, Online Route.
20, Kanny1: July 18,memorial University of Newfoundland online route:
21: Divalavender : May Humber college ,paper route , (Fall/Sept -2014)
N.B- If you have gotten your admission for spring/summer and have applied for TRV. Please provide the following information *submission date **Mode of submission: online/paper ***Institution
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 27, 2014
In foreign countries certificates don't mean anything.its what you have studied and learned that's what they after.if you can deliver.Except you want to be a lecuturer that's when certificates are needed like the msc and phd holders.
Its only in Africa Nigeria for example,we are certificates.Gathering all the certificates in this world won't give you work.its your intelligence,your abilities.even those canadians some of them stop school after college and start life.
Africans need to stop degrading and grading certificates

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 9:10am On Jul 27, 2014
earthgreeners:

How far have you gone?..u don dey unto this matter for close to 2years now
no worry...! God dn hear you.

settle Me now Oh Lord.

Nonetheless, I later start to skool(ansu) here jare.

no forget Me when u dey pray biko.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 27, 2014
earthgreeners:

Yeah..Blame the lazy bones who can't conduct a simple internet research but wanna proceed for a Masters degree.. They don't deserve a University admission either

Masters does not give you a great job.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 9:19am On Jul 27, 2014
You're on point Ma'am. The commonest reasons people from Nigeria opt for PGD are lenient entry requirements and change of field.This is not to say, however, that there aren't other reasons which some people are not aware of. Most westerners consider other reasons like shorter training period and more Practical training giving quick opportunity to work in the industrial sector. Once a child reaches the age of majority in the west, he is expected to fend for himself. This is why more westerners go to college first, even if they would ever consider a University. Colleges bring quicker job opportunities. A typical college trains students in Laboratories, Worshops, studios and fields while a typical University trains in classrooms, seminar rooms and conference rooms. Westerners that proceed to University after college are the ones who wanna become academics and researchers. Many Universities and colleges now run partnership programmes to enable students combine practical as well as theoretical knowledge. These are the ideals, it doest mean there aren't exceptions such as colleges running a University degree or a University running a technical programme.
And yes, you're also right on the issue of two years' programme. It's just logic-2 years gives a higher duration of work permit, thereby giving one more time to be eligible for and to process one's PR. It follows that where one doesn't have enough qualification to enter a University, one would simply get an alternative that will give one the required number of years in Canada to be eligible for PR. This is the reason many Nigerians choose colleges in Canada. But let's note that not everybody chooses a College simply for this reason as some people have concluded from insufficent premise. Most of the facts here are on the internet...do a thorough research.
Just to clear the air, I may sound like I'm supporting colleges. This is just a discussion that requires facts, so as to help peeps that want to make a choice. Personally, a University does it for me, hence no reason to be sentimental about colleges.I am into research and teaching, so I have no place in a college. I say this to hint those who may want to attach sentiments in this analysis to avoid it. I don't wish to join issues with anonymous peeps here, so if anyone starts screaming on Nairaland, he or she is on his or her own (OYO). I welcome intellectual and factual contributions like Harkinola's.
Sorry Ma'am, for the long post. Happy Sunday.
harkinhola: Good point Sir, I would relate Mr Vinnygod's question to "Why do people prefer some province"

Just to add to what you have said Sir, I really can't say if people prefer College to University; however if he is talking based on the outcome of a research carried out, maybe we might need to check the reasons the people gave, but if it is just his view, then let me add my own opinion as well.

From the conversations I have had with people, They go to Colleges mainly because they had 2.2 @ Undergraduate Level, or they want to change field of study, so getting admission into Universities seems a bit difficult.
However, I heard from some people that it is better to go to a College if the aim is to get PR rather than the Studies itself, I can't prove this point, just some of the reasons I have heard.

For those that chose University instead of Colleges (now am concentrating on Post graduate Students), they argue that they prefer to go for a Masters than for a PGD no matter the advantages of a PGD, because they said Masters is Masters anywhere in the world, and PGD is also PGD all over; therefore Masters gives them the flexibility of switching Countries, or getting a PHD.

Some people are also beginning to argue that with a Masters degree (that is going to a University) one stands the chance to get PR easily, since Opportunity Ontario (The Ontario Nomination Program) gives preference to Masters and PHD holders.

In conclusion, I think one needs to be sure of his/her goal in Canada, then choose the perfect fit. Some prefer a 2years program to a 1 year program, simply because of PGWP.

Note: I am in Nigeria, so I don't know what operates in Canada, just adding my own, hope it is allowed Vinnygod, u know I am not a Guru, and the question is meant for Gurus grin.

God Bless.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ornaments(f): 9:48am On Jul 27, 2014
SavedbyYaweh:
I am for Carleton this fall by God's grace, anything I can help u with?
I am having a change of mind as regard carleton. Its seems too expensive than I can afford.....all the same thank you so much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by harkinhola: 9:57am On Jul 27, 2014
How can you use Nigeria as a Case study. This kind of conclusion is why Nigeria is where she is today. The truth is Colleges of Education and Polytechnics are meant to be for serious practicals, and their graduates are meant to be celebrated, but what do we have happening in Nigeria? We disrespect them. There was a year in UK, I think 2004, they were seriously looking for Nurses from Nigeria that had DIPLOMA, from School of Nursing.

So not everyone goes to Colleges cos it is easier to get into.

Or how do you explain it, someone with Msc, MBA, and has decided to go for PGD or PGC.

Please always look at things from a general perspective and not just some few cases.
How can you close a case you didn't open?

Amefrica: To seal off the argument!

Case closed!

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by harkinhola: 10:00am On Jul 27, 2014
Nice Shot Sir, I am M not F, Thank You.

Jijola: You're on point Ma'am. The commonest reasons people from Nigeria opt for PGD are lenient entry requirements and change of field.This is not to say, however, that there aren't other reasons which some people are not aware of. Most westerners consider other reasons like shorter training period and more Practical training giving quick opportunity to work in the industrial sector. Once a child reaches the age of majority in the west, he is expected to fend for himself. This is why more westerners go to college first, even if they would ever consider a University. Colleges bring quicker job opportunities. A typical college trains students in Laboratories, Worshops, studios and fields while a typical University trains in classrooms, seminar rooms and conference rooms. Westerners that proceed to University after college are the ones who wanna become academics and researchers. Many Universities and colleges now run partnership programmes to enable students combine practical as well as theoretical knowledge. These are the ideals, it doest mean there aren't exceptions such as colleges running a University degree or a University running a technical programme.
And yes, you're also right on the issue of two years' programme. It's just logic-2 years gives a higher duration of work permit, thereby giving one more time to be eligible for and to process one's PR. It follows that where one doesn't have enough qualification to enter a University, one would simply get an alternative that will give one the required number of years in Canada to be eligible for PR. This is the reason many Nigerians choose colleges in Canada. But let's note that not everybody chooses a College simply for this reason as some people have concluded from insufficent premise. Most of the facts here are on the internet...do a thorough research.
Just to clear the air, I may sound like I'm supporting colleges. This is just a discussion that requires facts, so as to help peeps that want to make a choice. Personally, a University does it for me, hence no reason to be sentimental about colleges.I am into research and teaching, so I have no place in a college. I say this to hint those who may want to attach sentiments in this analysis to avoid it. I don't wish to join issues with anonymous peeps here, so if anyone starts screaming on Nairaland, he or she is on his or her own (OYO). I welcome intellectual and factual contributions like Harkinola's.
Sorry Ma'am, for the long post. Happy Sunday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 10:25am On Jul 27, 2014
Oh, my bad, Sir. Your Moniker sounds like the name of one of my female colleagues, that's why. Cheers.
harkinhola: Nice Shot Sir, I am M not F, Thank You.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 10:29am On Jul 27, 2014
My bro, the difference between University and College abroad is not the same in Nigeria.A monotechnique or Polytechnic is the equivalent of a college in Nigeria. And the discrimination between the two as we have in Nigeria does not exist in the Western World. Choosing between one of them is a matter of interest and career goals.

Case closed!

grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 10:29am On Jul 27, 2014
My bro, the difference between a University and a College abroad is not really the same in Nigeria.Although colleges in Nigeria may also specialize like the one's abroad, the fact that their degree is regarded inferior to University degrees make them different.A Monotechnique or Polytechnic in Nigeria is a proper equivalent of a college in the West, though there's discrimination but not necessarily superior-inferior relationship. And the discrimination between the two as we have in Nigeria does not exist in the Western World. Choosing between one of them in the West is a matter of interest and career goals.

Case closed!

grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:35am On Jul 27, 2014
Jijola: My bro, the difference between University and College abroad is not the same in Nigeria.A monotechnique or Polytechnic is the equivalent of a college in Nigeria. And the discrimination between the two as we have in Nigeria does not exist in the Western World. Choosing between one of them in the West is a matter of interest and career goals.

It does exist big time.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 10:42am On Jul 27, 2014
justwise:

It does exist big time.

Pls sir, what are d discriminations?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 10:54am On Jul 27, 2014
Yea. But not as bad as here because most of the areas they work are different.
justwise:

It does exist big time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 27, 2014
4-8 passport won't bite his pocket ni so its usually better, my own two cents
rawlizo:

No Slimdel, they actually need just one. He'l b fine with just 1 copy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 27, 2014
Yep yep Ontario all the way
earthgreeners:

Yeah, Im good.... Ontario?

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.