Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,041 members, 7,922,533 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 09:18 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (624570 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vinnygod: 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
have noticed a quite number of peepz who are aspiring for graduate study choose colleges to universities despite its expensive nature.have been wandering the factors behind this choice though done a lil research but later decided to ignore it, surprisely this question was later reawaken by a friend who came to me with same issue.please wanna throw same question here,why do people prefer C to U; what are the advantages of one over other??@guruz only
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chichi89(f): 7:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
Meanwhile Chizzy01 how far? You wan change school? Come to UWaterloo na sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by toucheli(m): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
chrisviral:

Hehehehe you know him? grin
Please tell him to stop killing people in Lagos, abeg
Is he still in lagos?? i thought lagos is practically empty apparently and which is why he has progressed to Ogun state...nawa for n.t.a o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
earthgreeners:

no one is an epitome of knowledge

Bros how I go get my ram eh. Am anticipating
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
ManTiger:
Sir, tell her to add Orijin or La'casera join am to make a combination.

Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
vinnygod: have noticed a quite number of peepz who are aspiring for graduate study choose colleges to universities despite its expensive nature.have been wandering the factors behind this choice though done a lil research but later decided to ignore it, surprisely this question was later reawaken by a friend who came to me with same issue.please wanna throw same question here,why do people prefer C to U; what are the advantages of one over other??@guruz only

Would have loved to answer your question in my own perspective but since you said gurus only well...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by akosh005: 7:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
toucheli:
Is he still in lagos?? i thought lagos is practically empty apparently and which is why he has progressed to Ogun state...nawa for n.t.a o

The guy dy Aso Rock

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 7:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
toucheli:

Seriously?
Ogun state now, that's Bad, Boko boys in the North, Eboola in the west, what's happening?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by oghos2k(m): 7:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
How does the idea of this co-sponsoring work cos I got both my brother and uncle that wanna act as my sponsors.. My brother lives in the US and my uncle live in Nigeria.. How do I organize this into my application as both of them sponsoring me?
Waiting to here from the gurus...
Thanks guys so far
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 7:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
@Akosh

Is that not America on white?
Last I heard, the guy been dey sick... chaiii E don rich like this?
Do you know where he kept his TRV? (for safe keeping)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
Anyone going to University of Alberta here?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tnuola(f): 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
vinnygod: have noticed a quite number of peepz who are aspiring for graduate study choose colleges to universities despite its expensive nature.have been wandering the factors behind this choice though done a lil research but later decided to ignore it, surprisely this question was later reawaken by a friend who came to me with same issue.please wanna throw same question here,why do people prefer C to U; what are the advantages of one over other??@guruz only

I would have loved to answer but.............. I ain't no guru
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Zorkky(f): 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
@atomicbomb, I haven't been on this forum,I had to join cos I needed to commend our dearest "gurus" and appreciate the time and effort they put in. And to say a big thank you to Slimdel.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chichi89(f): 8:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
lovelydamsel:

Would have loved to answer your question in my own perspective but since you said gurus only well...
LOOL cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chichi89(f): 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
tnuola:

I would have loved to answer but.............. I ain't no guru
LMAO cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
lovelydamsel:

Sweethrt, just give ur shot.. Forget the guru tag

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ornaments(f): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
Optimall:
okay. I pm You,check your mail...
there is nothing in my mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by pyhz: 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
atomicbomb007: So you had to consult your dictionary before passing your garbaged message? I feel so honored dude tongue this post is so irrelevant and painting yourself in this manner makes you no better than me so i throw your post back at you dude.

Thrs no point dragging this with u....ths jz showed u r a confused fellow!

Were u nt the one criticizing new folks asking questions...calling them out for asking questions whc u called silly Saying they asking dumb questions?? Cant they use thr brain blah blah blah.

Now, here u are again criticizing folks providing suggestions/opinions to pples problems....claiming they force thr opinions on some pple. A claim whc evrybody in here knws is a blatant lie.

Where do u stand bro?? Na only u waka come undecided and na only u go waka go m

Whats ur essence on this thread ?

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
If you have your admission letter please chill till September then apply for your trv at least by then fall rush has reduced
Meanwhile use the time u have to gather your documents
mrnilobrawn: Guyz...
For winter session, is now too early to apply for trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by atomicbomb007: 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
pyhz:

Thrs no point dragging this with u....ths jz showed u r a confused fellow!

Were u nt the one criticizing new folks asking questions...calling them out for asking questions whc u called silly Saying they asking dumb questions?? Cant they use thr brain blah blah blah.

Now, here u are again criticizing folks providing suggestions/opinions to pples problems....claiming they force thr opinions on some pple. A claim whc evrybody in here knws is a blatant lie.

Where do u stand bro?? Na only u waka come undecided and na only u go waka go m

Whats ur essence on this thread ?

dude you need to go sleep.stop trying hard to be what you are not

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 8:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
atomicbomb007: dude you need to go sleep.stop trying hard to be what you are not

Young man you need behave yourself

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kjbobo: 8:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
earthgreeners:

Why comma come full your comment like water?

You are right though.
You be case....longtime...
Trust you good
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 8:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
Slimdel: If you have your admission letter please chill till September then apply for your trv at least by then fall rush has reduced
Meanwhile use the time u have to gather your documents

Thank you dear, but what if i hav all the documents already........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by toucheli(m): 8:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
This is a very good question that requires a good and critical thinker to ask. my views and hypothesis might not fully address your concern or question, but i think they relate in some way.. from my little field work study on the cause of why some international student find it difficult to get a job in canada after several years doing both under graduate an post graduate study "Here in Canada".. I realize that most international student focus Only on their studies to get the best grades, which is however good. but i think most international student fail to put into consideration the advantages the local student have over we the international student..which are; 1.The Colour: Race and ethnicity are two culturally constructed categories, which are most time mainly defined on the basis of skin colour. 2. Work experience: 90% percent of the Canadian parents only sponsor their children to high school level, after which the children are been expected to work and train them self's for undergraduate and postgraduate which is in contrast to the pattern of so many other countries including Nigeria. This is why the citizens are most times regarded as to have more work experience over the international students by many employers. 3.Team work ability: team work is always crucial in workplaces, and it is one of the ability the citizens learn from a much earlier age in their place of work after high school.
..Now think about this advantages and see how it relates with your question. what i think with regards to undergraduate level; I think most people prefer getting a diploma from a College, which has to do with more practicals and less theory studies, and this could stand as a work experience which is one of the advantages the citizens have over you an international student. After which you can pursue a degree from a university, while studying you shouldn't just focus on studying alone but also involving in some volunteering school group, earn volunteering points, which could stand as your Team work ability another advantage the local student have over you. primarily what employers look for when hiring new employees are: 1.Certificate, 2.Work experience, 3.Team work ability, others are secondary..i wish i can elaborate more on this but unfortunately i have to stop here, it's left for you the thinker to think further.. My view on this issue is open for all, other views are welcomed, both for and against..

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by toucheli(m): 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
akosh005:

The guy dy Aso Rock

lol, i wish them well in abj.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kanny1(m): 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
Applied July 18th onliine route.
Biometrics done 22nd
MUN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tokiniofficial(m): 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
Yes o grin

earthgreeners:

are you on ur way to the prairie province (Manitoba)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tokiniofficial(m): 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
20th August 2014.

toucheli:
when are you coming over?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by toucheli(m): 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
chrisviral:

Seriously?
Ogun state now, that's Bad, Boko boys in the North, Eboola in the west, what's happening?
Say it all men, Confra boys in the East and Community violence in the South. i'm from the South, born and brought up in the North, did my primary school in the West, moved back to the north, First experience Undergraduate studies for two good years in the East. i've been to all these places mehn, and i'll say it has all been Outrageous. hoping and praying for better days ahead of Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by double08(m): 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
toucheli:
This is a very good question that requires a good and critical thinker to ask. my views and hypothesis might not fully address your concern or question, but i think they relate in some way.. from my little field work study on the cause of why some international student find it difficult to get a job in canada after several years doing both under graduate an post graduate study "Here in Canada".. I realize that most international student focus Only on their studies to get the best grades, which is however good. but i think most international student fail to put into consideration the advantages the local student have over we the international student..which are; 1.The Colour: Race and ethnicity are two culturally constructed categories, which are most time mainly defined on the basis of skin colour. 2. Work experience: 90% percent of the Canadian parents only sponsor their children to high school level, after which the children are been expected to work and train them self's for undergraduate and postgraduate which is in contrast to the pattern of so many other countries including Nigeria. This is why the citizens are most times regarded as to have more work experience over the international students by many employers. 3.Team work ability: team work is always crucial in workplaces, and it is one of the ability the citizens learn from a much earlier age in their place of work after high school.
..Now think about this advantages and see how it relates with your question. what i think with regards to undergraduate level; I think most people prefer getting a diploma from a College, which has to do with more practicals and less theory studies, and this could stand as a work experience which is one of the advantages the citizens have over you an international student. After which you can pursue a degree from a university, while studying you shouldn't just focus on studying alone but also involving in some volunteering school group, earn volunteering points, which could stand as your Team work ability another advantage the local student have over you. primarily what employers look for when hiring new employees are: 1.Certificate, 2.Work experience, 3.Team work ability, others are secondary..i wish i can elaborate more on this but unfortunately i have to stop here, it's left for you the thinker to think further.. My view on this issue is open for all, other views are welcomed, both for and against..

Nice piece there buddy. I noticed ssince you left for Canny ur input have been incisive. Keep it up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
Orisirisi on this thread!cheesy Happy weekend friends. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by toucheli(m): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
tokiniofficial: 20th August 2014.

That's pretty close, my email WW.NSCDC that's all. joking, toucheli@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.