Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,121 members, 7,943,050 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (627033 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 11:59am On Aug 09, 2014
Amefrica: Hello house!

Is Eja panla (Stock-fish) allowed while checking in, also at the Point of Entry? I'm traveling with a lot of it.. cheesy

very very allowed bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
rawlizo:

very very allowed bro.

Oh! Yay.. Thanks so much, bro. It (they) should be wrapped in newspapers shey? Abi, if he smell too much them fit seize am nah?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
Amefrica:

Oh! Yay.. Thanks so much, bro. It (they) should be wrapped in newspapers shey? Abi, if he smell too much them fit seize am nah?

Oyes newspaper will be better. I used transparent cellophane tho. Just make them look neat, there will be no problem.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
rawlizo:

Oyes newspaper will be better. I used transparent cellophane tho. Just make them look neat, there will be no problem.

Ok, thanks g! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 12:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
Holu26:

Ultimately God was involved in your case. Congrats.

The Lord says I should tell someone here, that news you are expecting will be good news in Jesus name.

Amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Patdeka(f): 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
Amefrica: Hello house!

Is Eja panla (Stock-fish) allowed while checking in, also at the Point of Entry? I'm traveling with a lot of it.. cheesy

I came in wit lots of Oporoko-stock fish and panla- Dry fish.its all about packaging in a transparent bags and neatly labelling. e.g dry pepper- Chilli, ginger+maggi+curry+thyme- Spice etc. pls seal well and u are good to go. wit all of dis I still gave Nigerian Customs some Change SMH.

Btw wen are u portin seff?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mtxatx: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
Funny thing is that i didnt write a LOI or SOP .. and i got TRV ..
Important thing is to Get ur documents correct and set well first, LOI or SOP is just a secondary addition not a main one..

If your documents aint right and u write the best SOP, the VO might still think otherwise.

Just saying..............

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
Patdeka:

I came in wit lots of Oporoko-stock fish and panla- Dry fish.its all about packaging in a transparent bags and neatly labelling. e.g dry pepper- Chilli, ginger+maggi+curry+thyme- Spice etc. pls seal well and u are good to go. wit all of dis I still gave Nigerian Customs some Change SMH.

Btw wen are u portin seff?

Hehehehe! See packaging... I'll do same too wink

I'm porting around 20th of this month! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by twaintoy(f): 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
mtxatx: Funny thing is that i didnt write a LOI or SOP .. and i got TRV ..
Important thing is to Get ur documents correct and set well first, LOI or SOP is just a secondary addition not a main one..

If your documents aint right and u write the best SOP, the VO might still think otherwise.

Just saying..............
No SOP and you got TRV? That's some news.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 2:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
vanrichie4u: //////////////Morning all yo///////////////////
@jijola@missbon

I intend requesting my aunt to be a Co sponsor, not that I need a dime from her, its just to boost my financial backing. The issue is that she might find it invading her privacy. Is it possible that she sends her bank statement directly to CIC on my behalf? And if YES how do I advise her to go about it?

[color=#990000][/color]

Kindly read through the july post on the thread, your case has been addressed previously.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vanrichie4u: 2:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
HELLO!!!!!!!!!
I intend requesting my aunt to be a Co sponsor, not that I need a dime from her, its just to boost my financial backing. The issue is that she might find it invading her privacy. Is it possible that she sends her bank statement directly to CIC on my behalf? And if YES how do I advise her to go about it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vanrichie4u: 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Kindly read through the july post on the thread, your case has been addressed previously.

Really!?...but july has a lot of threads, I'm not using a laptop, navigating tru it would take like forever to find it. Please if can send me d link I would gladly appreciate. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2014
twaintoy: No SOP and you got TRV? That's some news.

SOP has always been optional...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 2:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
vanrichie4u:

Really!?...but july has a lot of threads, I'm not using a laptop, navigating tru it would take like forever to find it. Please if can send me d link I would gladly appreciate. Thanks

www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/369
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
vanrichie4u:

Read from
https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/365

To

https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/369
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by PrinceMario(m): 3:01pm On Aug 09, 2014
Good day house. pls i need an urgent reply.
i have both WAEC and GCE(WAEC) result. my waec grades are all C's with two distinctions in irrelevant subjects while the GCE result is okay with six distinctions. i actually disregarded the waec gce result and making use of the internal waec .
Now planning to write SAT and apply to an american/canadian uni. but when i checked the grade requirement of these schools i realised my waec didnt meet up with it but gce(waec) met the requirement.
my question is,do american and canadian uni. recognise GCE result? and been that they would be requiring my high school transcript as an international student,how do i explain the difference in the school name of the secondary school transcript and that on the WACE GCE result.
please haos...i need a reply asap.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by twaintoy(f): 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
Amefrica:

SOP has always been optional...
Never knew.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2014
PrinceMario: Good day house. pls i need an urgent reply.
i have both WAEC and GCE(WAEC) result. my waec grades are all C's with two distinctions in irrelevant subjects while the GCE result is okay with six distinctions. i actually disregarded the waec gce result and making use of the internal waec .
Now planning to write SAT and apply to an american/canadian uni. but when i checked the grade requirement of these schools i realised my waec didnt meet up with it but gce(waec) met the requirement.
my question is,do american and canadian uni. recognise GCE result? and been that they would be requiring my high school transcript as an international student,how do i explain the difference in the school name of the secondary school transcript and that on the WACE GCE result.

Hey.

You have to contact each school you intend applying to. They are in a better position to give you institution specific pre-requisites based on your enquiry.

But I feel you can go ahead and use your G.C.E and Sec. Schl Transcripts provided it's in your name.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Lordopsy4jc: 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hello house and well done to everyone. Please I need your advice on this situation of Conditional offer of admission, Like is it ever advisable to
apply with a Conditional offer.. The actual situation is kinda dilemma for me, the condition by the Concordia Uni is that they want to see Original
copy of Degree Certificate, either sent directly from School or presented in person after getting to Montreal... Please has anyone been face with this kind of situation before.... I will appreciate your kind recommendation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vanrichie4u: 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
@mrnilobrawn & @Elcapt thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
PrinceMario: Good day house. pls i need an urgent reply.

GCE ar accepted by most

Better still, contact any sch u ar interestd in,and ask dem directly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
Lordopsy4jc: Hello house and well done to everyone. Please I need your advice on this situation of Conditional offer of admission, Like is it ever advisable to
apply with a Conditional offer.. The actual situation is kinda dilemma for me, the condition by the Concordia Uni is that they want to see Original
copy of Degree Certificate, either sent directly from School or presented in person after getting to Montreal... Please has anyone been face with this kind of situation before.... I will appreciate your kind recommendation.

why not send ur transcript to them through ur school once and for all, so u will b given an unconditional Admission Letter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ScGuy(m): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
rawlizo:

very very allowed bro.

I no of som1 who is travellin to canada today n food stuffs were nt allowed cos of EBOLA virus in d country
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
Lordopsy4jc: Hello house and well done to everyone. Please I need your advice on this situation of Conditional offer of admission, Like is it ever advisable to

Why's it a dilemma? Get the copy of your degree and show them.

Are you unable to get it or what's the issue?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
twaintoy: Never knew.

Now, you know. kiss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2014

Hello.

Since there is an option to present your certificate in person, I'd advise to go for that.

One thing I learnt from this thread that you can also do, is to mail the graduate administrator (that you are usually in contact with) stating your intention to submit Your degree certificate in person, clearly referring to the condition and the given options to fulfill it. Print this email as well as the eventually reply from the administrator acknowledging your decision.

Include it with your admission documents for visa app. and I believe you are GTG.

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Optimistdolapo(m): 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
Optimistdolapo:
sup

I'm sure it's possible to get cheaper tickets in September
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BaaleofMontreal: 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
Optimistdolapo:
All airlines will stop at their hub before proceeding to their final destinations well if d transit time is short they may not sleep in Doha for Qatar Air.

sir, transist time in doha is almost 9hrs and Nigerians are not allowed into the state of Qatar despite being qualified for it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Lordopsy4jc: 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hello thanks to all ... I really do appreciate your response.

@Emperoracro: I have actually fulfilled all required documentation to the School including school
official transcript,I was specifically told this is a condition given after offer of admission.

@Aflyingbird: The copy of Degree certificate was uploading as part of the documentation, but I was told
until the school sends and official copy of the degree cert or personal presentation before the
condition could be meet, well the two options seems to be impossible as you my school will never give
a second copy of the degree cert and I never know about chances of apply with conditional admission

@ELcap: actually I have a trail email close to what you have adviced above, where it is stated that
I should show my Degree in person in montreal.

Guyz just wanna be sure of what to do in other not to waste my time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2014

I'm in the same shoes.. Conditional admission because I just i received my certificate from my uni. But I applied for my visa as soon as i got it by uploading it in my app.. You have yours right.. hope that helps

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Cufs(f): 6:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
aflyingbird:
Do you have questions? Ask away.

I'm going for Winter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
Lordopsy4jc: Hello thanks to all ... I really do appreciate your response.

@Emperoracro: I have actually fulfilled all required documentation to the School including school
official transcript,I was specifically told this is a condition given after offer of admission.

@Aflyingbird: The copy of Degree certificate was uploading as part of the documentation, but I was told
until the school sends and official copy of the degree cert or personal presentation before the
condition could be meet, well the two options seems to be impossible as you my school will never give
a second copy of the degree cert and I never know about chances of apply with conditional admission

@ELcap: actually I have a trail email close to what you have adviced above, where it is stated that
I should show my Degree in person in montreal.

Guyz just wanna be sure of what to do in other not to waste my time.

Cool.

Even better. Go ahead and use @bolded.

No need to worry, people have gotten TRV with conditional offer as yours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.