Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,806 members, 7,972,882 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 09:28 PM

Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) (27090 Views)

Nairaland Educatn Section End Of The Year Party Planning Thread / NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) / Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Danjuma827(m): 4:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
Wow what a nice thread
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Mikebis(m): 4:50pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fynestboi: not atall
is it untill ppl nominate me,dat am eligible to b amng d debater or wat
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Danjuma827(m): 4:50pm On Oct 15, 2013
My two topics are:
1.single sex schools are better than mixed sex schools.
2.corruption is better compared to armed robbery in Nigeria
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Mikebis(m): 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fynestboi: in addition to this...

.Next on our agenda is suggestion of topics to be debate on...

Suggested ones

SINGLE SEX SCHOOLS ARE GOOD FOR EDUCATION

Children need to be exposed to the opposite sex in preparation for later life

University education should be free

Science is a treat to humanity

It is sometimes right for the government to restrict freedom of speech

other viewer are also allowed to suggest other topics, after which two would be generally accepted through our consensus....

Drop your topics or if you think any of the above listed topics can be considered then you can do so by posting it, more ideas/suggestion are warmthly welcome....

Thanks

Note:
The topic should be drawn from contemporary educational issues or any other topical issue. As much as possible, we shall avoid very sensitive and emotional topics.

CHOOSING OF TOPICS

This shall be thrown open, suggestions taken from everyone, and topics arrived at by consensus. Topical and developmental issues shall be given preference. 2 topics shall be arrived at, one for first round, another for final. Or same subject but different angles as points of debate in first round and final.

The first topic would be in form of an essay, then our judge would decide going by 4 candidate with the best/leadng essay......
hw will science b a treat to humanity,i tink we gona debate on dat,let all science studnt shld pls focus on dat.science is nt a treat to humanity,i totall dsagry wt dat nd i av ma full reasns
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Mikebis(m): 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
SCIENCE AS A TREAT 4 HUMANITY...I DISAGRI WITH DAT..dat a gud topic to debate on plss
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 5:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
Mikebis: is it untill ppl nominate me,dat am eligible to b amng d debater or wat
there s ntn like nominatn just show ur interest when the time comes

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 5:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Mikebis: hw will science b a treat to humanity,i tink we gona debate on dat,let all science studnt shld pls focus on dat.science is nt a treat to humanity,i totall dsagry wt dat nd i av ma full reasns
common thats just a suggested topic kindly suggest yours and let settle for two... If you think u want that topic you can also suggest it...
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 5:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
Suggested topics so far... 5pm..

1. Strike: A wrong approach to Nigeria education problems.

2. ASUU: To be or not?

3. SINGLE SEX SCHOOLS ARE GOOD FOR EDUCATION

4. Children need to be exposed to the opposite sex in preparation for later life.

5.University education should be free

6. Science is a treat to humanity

7. It is sometimes right for the government to restrict freedom of speech

8. Is Religion Part of the Problem In Nigerian Politics?

9. Nigeria Isn't Practising Democracy. True or False?

10. Childhood Experience Is Responsible For How People Turn Out?

11. Cloning: Right or Wrong?

12. Negligence of The Education Sector Is Responsible For The Present State of The Nation.

13. Should Post Utme examination be conducted in Nigeria Universities?

14. single sex schools are better than mixed sex schools

15.corruption is better compared to armed robbery in Nigeria
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Caracta(f): 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ooops! Late again. Sorry, i was sleeping. Good job, organizers. This is progress.

By the way, is today WORLD RAINBOW DAY? Let us all take it easy on the colour blocking. Nagode cheesy
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by drdams: 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2013
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by drdams: 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2013
* Conversion of all polytechnics to universities will create more harm than good.

* scrapping courses in Humanities and Arts in Nigerian Universities to reduce mass unemployment.

Late, bt d panel of judges shud be in odd number to cancel any equality in votes

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2013
Caracta: Ooops! Late again. Sorry, i was sleeping. Good job, organizers. This is progress.

By the way, is today WORLD RAINBOW DAY? Let us all take it easy on the colour blocking. Nagode cheesy
lol, I was about to ask.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by SEYIKP(m): 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2013
Topic1: "Nigeria Education should take 20% of annual budget"
point: i will use America as my case-study, they spend atleast 17.1% on their education sector, that's the reason we see many of their citizens attend public institutions, (88%public skuls, 9%private skuls, why the remaing 3% attend register homeschooled.)
2nd Topic: " Nigeria private universities should be non-profit institutions"
point: you guys shouldn't call me america puppet, they are the perfect example i can cite as an example, i will still use them for my case-study, most of their private universities are non-profit institutions you, can google it if you are one of thomas descendant.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by DesChyko1(m): 5:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
I'll suggest that you just bring out five or three topics, number them and let there be a vote/selection to determine which would be taken. These random suggestions will just worsen issues.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by UjSizzle(f): 5:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fynestboi please stop using all that colour. You're hurting our eyes and it's distracting. Thanks smiley
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Caracta(f): 5:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: lol, I was about to ask.

I think we need more colours on NL wordpress, so people can explore the use of different colour combinations. We are restricted to just a few. That's against human right!
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Caracta(f): 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
Good topics, i must say.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Mikebis(m): 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
Caracta: Ooops! Late again. Sorry, i was sleeping. Good job, organizers. This is progress.

u shld try to undstand wat he means by usn dffrent colour,he's only try to use dem as a dffrent topic..miss judge
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Caracta(f): 5:40pm On Oct 15, 2013
Mikebis: u shld try to undstand wat he means by usn dffrent colour,he's only try to use dem as a dffrent topic..miss judge

Hehehe. Number 1. Ghen ghen. The last time i checked, it wasn't just one person that used different colours on his thread. Then, others too do not find the use of colours appealing.

Whatever issues you have with me mister, shouldn't blind your sense of reasoning. Let us do things right and move forward. Thank ya grin
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by quivah(f): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2013

If not too late,I suggest this as a topic;
Nigerian students should learn french.

And out of the suggested topics,
I choose:
"should Post Utme examination be conducted in Nigeria Universities?"
And

"University education should be free"

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2013
Mikebis: hw will science b a treat to humanity,i tink we gona debate on dat,let all science studnt shld pls focus on dat.science is nt a treat to humanity,i totall dsagry wt dat nd i av ma full reasns
he meant threat not treat! Fynestboi make u dey proof-read ur posts nah. Many ppl have been complaining abt dat
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by drdams: 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2013
click2cbn: he meant threat not treat! Fynestboi make u dey proof-read ur posts nah. Many ppl have been complaining abt dat
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by drdams: 5:49pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fynest boi, take tym and post each shortlisted topics differently. D 1s dat has d highest numbers of likes shud be selected.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 5:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
uj_sizzle: Fynestboi please stop using all that colour. You're hurting our eyes and it's distracting. Thanks smiley
ok ma'am
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
dr dams: Fynest boi, take tym and post each shortlisted topics differently. D 1s dat has d highest numbers of likes shud be selected.
dats exactly my plan..
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Mikebis(m): 5:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
Caracta:

Hehehe. Number 1. Ghen ghen. The last time i checked, it wasn't just one person that used different colours on his thread. Then, others too do not find the use of colours appealing.

Whatever issues you have with me mister, shouldn't blind your sense of reasoning. Let us do things right and move forward. Thank ya grin
hahaha..maam u already takn it personel,i dnt av any issue wt u o,dat ash menh..i only say ma mind..pls o miss judge,am gona participate on d debate nd i wan win,abeg
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Caracta(f): 5:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
dr dams: Fynest boi, take tym and post each shortlisted topics differently. D 1s dat has d highest numbers of likes shud be selected.

Wonderful idea! I think he should do that, but it's like we have so many topics. But then, people with alternate accounts can get to like one topic as many times as they can, just because they are interested in that topic. That won't be fair on others.

Or what do you think?
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Mikebis(m): 5:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
click2cbn: he meant threat not treat! Fynestboi make u dey proof-read ur posts nah. Many ppl have been complaining abt dat
hey dude,am nt a secondry skul boi,i knew wat he mean
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
i must confess thats actually a typographic error

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Mikebis(m): 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
Caracta:

Wonderful idea! I think he should do that, but it's like we have so many topics. But then, people with alternate accounts can get to like one topic as many times as they can, just because they are interested in that topic. That won't be fair on others.

Or what do you think?
seconded ma'am
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Mikebis(m): 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fynestboi: i must confess thats actually a typographic error

fast thinkn
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
Caracta:

Or what do you think?
i also knw thats bound to happen but dont worry it would be fixed

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (38) (Reply)

ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off / Pls I Need My Waec Gce Center Number / Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.