Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,169 members, 7,913,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 01:19 AM

Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore (14461 Views)

Ikpeazu Doesn't Eat Foreign Rice / "Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter) / CNN Doesn't Know Where Nigeria Is? (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 12, 2008
if you think juju doesnt work, come to my native town in kwara state
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by oscarnuel(m): 5:18am On Jul 12, 2008
Olrotimi, don't be deceived, most juju men in nigeria are 419 and scammers.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by Nobody: 5:22am On Jul 12, 2008
i insist that anyone who doubts shoulg pay a visit to my home town
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by Jakumo(m): 6:44am On Jul 12, 2008
All joking aside, anyone who SERIOUSLY believes in juju, magic, voodoo or any other hocus-pocus horse-shit whose effects CANNOT be quantified by mathematical equations, and which does NOT conform with any known and proven laws of physics, is a pathetic ignoramus who belongs in the dark age and deserves to lose every penny they ever earned to tricksters.

Stay in your phucking bush village, you terminally gullible, brain-dead loser, for you will NEVER be ready to join the civilized world in any capacity beyond that of a hilarious zoo exhibit.    It is morons like you that really and truly believe it is possible to murder innocent people and conjure their heads into cash-dispensing ATM machines. 

If juju is such a great "technology", I wonder why it is that all the countries enshrouded in the profound ignorance of unprovable supersition are chronically under-developed and regressing further into utter chaos with each passing day.
Haiti and Nigeria readily come to mind.

[size=14pt]Comparing juju believers to monkeys is a grave insult to monkeys[/size].
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by MaryAnne: 2:27pm On Jul 12, 2008
The power of God neutralises the potency of evil charms. Nothing free comes from the devil. Every thing that looks good from the devil is temporary. Even Juju bows down at the Mention of the name Jesus Christ.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by SeanT21(f): 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2008
I cant believe people actually believes in JUJU. You think its fun to visit witch doctors and medicine man. What happen to believing in God.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by thirdeye(m): 4:19am On Jul 13, 2008
Juju will only help the idiots to add to their sorrows. When you consult a custodian of juju be ready to go home with x4 of your problems that made you to consult a jujuman.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 4:29am On Jul 13, 2008
olrotimi:

if you think juju doesnt work, come to my native town in kwara state

Kwara state? No be the place wey recruit white Zimbabwean farmer to bring agric technology to the area?Unfortunately, with all your renowned juju power your people remain poor, ignorant, and gaullible.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by debosky(m): 4:37am On Jul 13, 2008
@ naijaking

the remaining juju available is the negative juju - best for causing harm; the positive beneficial juju was exported with our ancestors to Brazil, USA, Cuba and the rest sad
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 4:40am On Jul 13, 2008
@Debosky
You bring a new dimension; you mean that we are left with juju chaff while the seed was exported to the New World?
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by RichyBlacK(m): 6:48am On Jul 16, 2008
olrotimi:

i insist that anyone who doubts shoulg pay a visit to my home town

Ol boy, most people on this forum are busy, some of them are working for companies that develop missiles that the juju in your home town in Kwara State will bow to (after turning it to huge pile of rubble), or studying how to solve problems that a billion of your home town juju cannot solve, hence nobody has time to leave their job or school to visit some village in some desolate part of Kwara State.

If you care, tell us what that juju can do, otherwise keep living in the dark ages!
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by RichyBlacK(m): 6:53am On Jul 16, 2008
naijaking1:

@Debosky
You bring a new dimension; you mean that we are left with juju chaff while the seed was exported to the New World?

@naijaking1,

I dey kampe. Was on vacation in the UK and Naija, and quite busy these days with work. How u dey?

Leave the juju merchants alone, by the time they wake up from their slumber, a robot will be world's number one tennis player!
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by daACEman(m): 2:50pm On Jul 16, 2008
Is their a juju demonstration on YOUTUBE perhaps?

I would like to maybe put juju on my job applications grin
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2008
RichyBlacK:

@naijaking1,

I dey kampe. Was on vacation in the UK and Naija, and quite busy these days with work. How u dey?

Leave the juju merchants alone, by the time they wake up from their slumber, a robot will be world's number one tennis player!

@Rickyblack
How was your trip? Did you walk on water--- over the atlantic ocean, disappeared into thin air in London, only to manifest to your loved ones in Naija.

Or did you waste time buying airtickets, and sitting all the 8hr flight to naija in a stuffy airplane?
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by donnie(m): 8:10am On Jul 18, 2008
. . . And the light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not. Darkness cannot withstand light. When light shows up, darkness disappears. That is what has happened in Nigeriqa and will yet happen.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 3:42pm On Jul 18, 2008
Unfortunately, juju people will argue about which one be light and which one be darkness.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by origina9ja(f): 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2008
i dey feel una
so we get plennty pastor 4 house
nawaooo
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 1:47am On Jul 22, 2008
origina9ja:

i dey feel una
so we get plennty pastor 4 house
nawaooo

You mean rational people?
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by RichyBlacK(m): 4:43am On Jul 22, 2008
naijaking1:

@Rickyblack
How was your trip? Did you walk on water--- over the atlantic ocean, disappeared into thin air in London, only to manifest to your loved ones in Naija.

Or did you waste time buying airtickets, and sitting all the 8hr flight to naija in a stuffy airplane?

Can you imagine, in this day and age of expensive aviation fuel (aka high ticket price), na im I go dey waste time and money dey buy ticket, ehn? I for kukuma organize wan babalawo (for six kola nuts, ten baboon brockos, and nine snake eyes - patapata na 25,000 naira for Jankara Market) way for just put me inside Juju Airlines.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by cent2dolla: 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2008
u786
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 9:43pm On Jul 22, 2008
cent2dolla:

u786

Which kind code be dat?
Is dat grammar, security code, or another abracadabra wey the babalawo say make you chant whenever you don't understand the logic of an arguement?
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by lordmassac(m): 1:28am On Jul 24, 2008
hummmm ogun abenu gongo. almost everybody for 9ja don turn juju man. grin tongue grin
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by fionaa(f): 1:42am On Jul 24, 2008
i'm reading all the comments & o_pi_nions on the juju subject. basically, juju is an unpolished, unrefined, and urban practise of magic, hocus-pocus and all the supernatural BS from back in the dayz. unfortunately ppl still are into it. some ppl (including me) don't believe in juju per say, but what about Christianity as a religion, where there are several churhes out there that pray and give visions (same as babalawo seeing the future in his clay pot of water)? do ya really think it's the same? cause i believe in dem visions esp wen the vision says i will win a freeking million buck  wink
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 4:46am On Jul 24, 2008
Juju na juju, whether na African or oyinbo.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by lucabrasi(m): 12:36pm On Jul 24, 2008
@poster
who told you the juju doesnt work anymore/maybe you have not seen an opc procession before,i remember when i was in naija and there was a hold up because they were passing through ikeja everybody including yours truly and the driver all of us were shaking like leaves,i heard the bakassi boys too were into all sorts of diabolic sturvs.the government machinery cut all of them to size because they were getting too close for comfort
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 5:15pm On Jul 24, 2008
lucabrasi:

@poster
who told you the juju doesnt work anymore/maybe you have not seen an opc procession before,i remember when i was in naija and there was a hold up because they were passing through ikeja everybody including yours truly and the driver all of us were shaking like leaves,i heard the bakassi boys too were into all sorts of diabolic sturvs.the government machinery cut all of them to size because they were getting too close for comfort

I beg wetin you mean? You mean say government machinery strong pass OPC and Bakassi juju?
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by kathyekiti: 4:27am On Jul 26, 2008
Thanks so mcuh for this post. I couldn't stop laughing grin
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2008
Last week one of our state houses of assembly, Ondo or Ekiti was in disarray, because someone had come into the chambers of the house in the middle of the night and placed strong juju all over the place. So, the house subsequently adjourned because members were scared of the juju. Can you imagine the US House of Reps or the British House of Common closing down because of juju?

From Ibadan to Kaduna to Enugu, juju phenomena play such a critical role in the psyche of Nigerians that it just can't be ignored. From childhood, naija kids ascribe solutions to difficult problems to juju.

In high school, I can't tell you how many times we almost lynched our sports prefect after loosing soccer matchs to the rival schools, because he- the sports prefect went to wrong babalawos to prepare us for the match. So, the goalie missed the simple save, because he saw 10 balls instead of one coming fast and furiously towards him.

Please tell us your own juju story.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by chidichris(m): 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2008
that is to show how corrupt the country is
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2008
Everyone knows Fani-Kayode's excuses about poor facility maintainace at the airports during his regime: he blamed everything on juju.
OBJ was just recently quoted as saying that only God can solve naija power problems, don't forget this is a ruler who blamed African's inability to dislodge Apertheid South Africa on our inability to conjuncture up a strong enough juju to send the white man packing.
So, expect Yardua to blame every sort comings on juju after his own tenure is over.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by origina9ja(f): 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2008
nawa 4 dis juju thang ooo
even me i do juju 4 boyz grin grin

i dey joke ooo before lipsrsealed
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 11:12pm On Jul 29, 2008
did ur juju work out for the boys and how?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imo Governorship: Uche Nwosu Heads To Tribunal, Blames APC For His Loss / Christopher Datong: Military Refuses To Give Update On Major Abducted At NDA / We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.