Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:38 PM

Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online (11316 Views)

Buhari Postpones Emergency FEC Meeting Till Monday / The Set Stage Of The FEC Banquet Ahead Of Cabinet Swearing In / Message For APC Members Online And Physically About Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 14, 2013
The Federal Government is yet to make necessary changes on the nation’s official web portal, thirty-two days after nine ministers were axed in the first major cabinet shake-up since President Goodluck Jonathan’s inauguration on May 29, 2011, Punch findings have shown.

A check yesterday on www.nigeria.gov.ng  reveals that the names and portfolios of four of the nine axed ministers were retained as subsisting members of the Federal Executive Council. On the portal, erstwhile Minister of State for Defence, Olusola Obada, leads the pack of sacked ministers still being referred to as cabinet members.

Others include former Minister of State for Agriculture and Rural Development, Alhaji Buka Tijani; Science and Technology, Prof. Okon Bassey-Ewa;  as well as the Minister of State for Power, Zainab Kuchi, who were relieved of their positions,  were still being referred to as FEC members on the portal.

But apart from the official national portal that still parades axed ministers as FEC members, some ministries are also doing the same.

For instance, the Federal Ministry of the Environment has yet to see reasons to describe Hajia Hadiza Mailafa as a former minister on its website. Both local and foreign visitors to environment.gov.ng, hoping to conduct official businesses with the ministry,  would still read a “Welcome Message’’ written by Mailafa.

On the website of the Ministry of Defence, mod.gov.ng, Obada’s photograph appeared conspicuously on a picture gallery section of the portal where the profiles of the management team of the ministry were uploaded. No mention was made of the supervising minister for the ministry, Labaran Maku, who doubles as the minister of information.

The Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs is also yet to make the changes on its website, www.foreignaffairs.gov.ng. On its list of past and present ministers who held sway in the ministry, Olugbenga Ashiru, who was at the helms until September 11, is still being referred to as the incumbent.

PUNCH
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by Afam4eva(m): 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
It will be updated in 12 month time. That's how we do it in Nigeria. We are special people.

12 Likes

Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by ammyluv2002(f): 8:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
Afam4eva: It will be updated in 12 month time. That's how we do it in Nigeria. We are special people.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
Should we shame the government into updating its website, the same way Channels shamed it into renovating the Police College?

1 Like

Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by Afam4eva(m): 8:50pm On Oct 14, 2013
HNosegbe: Should we shame the government into updating its website, the same way Channels shamed it into renovating the Police College?
I'm not sure Jonathan knows what a website is. It's his IT people that are supposed to be taking care of anything IT related but they're not doing their job and no one is asking questions cos those that are supposed to be asking questions are clueless.

2 Likes

Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by Wittywizard(m): 9:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
I wonder why Jonathan sack them... Even if he did sack them. Why not appoint anther new ministers or Declare a state of emergency in the ministerial cabinet....
Lets start with the Rules of Law...
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by picoba(m): 9:47pm On Oct 14, 2013

We shall update the website when MY OGA AT THE TOP approved it.

Otherwise, when we finished ASUU batle. ok

1 Like

Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by itsmayiela(m): 9:48pm On Oct 14, 2013
the IT boys dont wanna update something and later the oga at the top will say it's anoda

1 Like

Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by iduzebaba(m): 9:48pm On Oct 14, 2013
lols:;dem dey wait for next year budget; so dem go fit include allocation for updating websites:.
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by pullyacap: 9:50pm On Oct 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm not sure Jonathan knows what a website is. It's his IT people that are supposed to be taking care of anything IT related but they're not doing their job and no one is asking questions cos those that are supposed to be asking questions are clueless.

***rubs my face with my palm*** Did u just mention the word CLUELESS

I thot u used to play for ANYTHING GEJ FC

Members of that team don't always like to hear that word o

3 Likes

Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 14, 2013
picoba:
hi

Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
They won't update it since it doesn't involve signing of contract agreement that will yield commission for them.
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by emandman: 9:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
this is common wit most govt sites,it only during dia 419 recrtment dey update d site,ever notice a "one month ago event" as upcoming event? Cos i dey c am well wit al dis govt sites
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
Whats the cost of maintaining the Country's governmental websites ?? I'm sure N3bn has been appropriated for that... Yet a simple update cannot be carried out doesn't the website expose how this same very government who rigged themselves into power are scamming the country they serve?
Things like this is what bring shame to the country..

2 Likes

Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by adavetee(m): 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
dat's naija fr yu. Dos incharge of changing and updatin dey profile ar busy embezelling dey money in dey various affected ministries.
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by Dee60: 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nothing new. They are probably too busy chopping and having no time to work!
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by osifred(m): 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ok
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by dridowu: 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
not surprised cos hardly can u find and govt website functioning 24/7 with uptodate info
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by ifyalways(f): 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
great1: Whats the cost of maintaining the Country's governmental websites ?? I'm sure N3bn has been appropriated for that... Yet a simple update cannot be carried out doesn't the website expose how this same very government who rigged themselves into power are scamming the country they serve?
Things like this is what bring shame to the country..

e mandman: this is common wit most govt sites,it only during dia 419 recrtment dey update d site,ever notice a "one month ago event" as upcoming event? Cos i dey c am well wit al dis govt sites
Sadly true.
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by linuster(m): 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
They want to set comittee to look into it.
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by 9ijaprince(m): 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
Don't worry a committee will be set up to know why the website has not been updated.
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by osifred(m): 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
NIGERIA
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by drdams: 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
Wot are u saying?
D fact nw is, thev sacked dem and their names still appear online..

U shud worry more about our IT.
I stumbled into d Min of Environ. Website, I was abt to fill a form and d most recent year available to select was 2010..

Naija updating process is wacked!!
Wittywizard: I wonder why Jonathan sack them... Even if he did sack them. Why not appoint anther new ministers or Declare a state of emergency in the ministerial cabinet....
Lets start with the Rules of Law...

1 Like

Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by maafen: 10:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
There is no money so tђε̲̣̣̣̥ contract †☹ effect tђε̲̣̣̣̥ changes is yet †☹ be awarded because tђε̲̣̣̣̥ finance Fø̲̣̣я it is in tђε̲̣̣̣̥ next budget that's why it has not been updated not that they don't know.
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by YoshiMaster: 10:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
Heya, if punch is so concerned, let them send in brown envelopes. I'm sure that will quicken the pace, it always does.

Then again, there is nothing to be gained by the viewers of the site, and nothing to be gained by the webmasters. So no possible brown envelope spin can be put on this.

You know what that means, no brown envelope, no progress. So as Afam said, check back in 12 months.
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by chakula: 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
Haven't see this news as a vital issue to take into consideration by the way even if it was changed then it couldn't give ASUU a room to resume work.
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by snika: 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
Don't worry, a national committe has been set up to look into the matter.

Those idiots paid to do these things are busy embezzling the money. Or were you expecting Goodluck Jonathan to start logging in to WP dashboard to start making the changes when somebody is being paid for that?
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by naptu2: 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
Some of them are still guarded by members of the police force, SSS and armed forces.
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by Decryptor(m): 10:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
Guys! I no go lie una o! I work in the IT unit of the FCTA. Everyone is engrossed in getting Sallah Ram + Monetary Bonus package for now. Here, it is always "Chop now, work later".
Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by dnative(m): 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2013
Naija government never update Economy, Education, Petroleum Sector, Electricity... na common website dem get time for. You sef, your optimism knows no bound grin Anyway don't be surprised if the website is updated before tomorrow morning - when those IT gurus in charge realise say yawa don gaz - you go surprise how quick the website go update make e no come spoil chop for the boyz.

1 Like

Re: Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online by YoshiMaster: 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2013
But nawa sha! when you really think about this again, it is so sad.

Have you guys ever used a live sport game companion online, like for soccer and basketball?

The companion updates play by play, so it feels like you're not missing anything, even if you aren't viewing the live video feed.

That's the level of commitment some of these personal sport sites show, and here these guys can't even update names, pics, and info in couple of weeks?

That sht cray!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency / Timi Alaibe Sues PDP, Others Over Bayelsa Governorship Primary / 2023: Tinubu Not Stopping Any Youth From Contesting For Presidency – Adeyeye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.