Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,800 members, 7,915,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 08:01 PM

Confession, Our Profession Part 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confession, Our Profession Part 2 (410 Views)

Confession, Our Profession / Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' / Pope John Paul Confession Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Confession, Our Profession Part 2 by PstWoleSoetan(m): 1:43am On Oct 15, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

Oct 12, 2013

CONFESSION, OUR PROFESSION II

James 1:25 But [t]he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, THIS ONE will be blessed in what he does.

'The one' being referred to in the verse above is the man or woman who does the work of confession! He is the one who wakes in the morning and confession proceeds from his mouth, the one who spends his days actively pursuing his profession! He has been specially schooled in his profession by practising it. This man, the bible lets us know, will be blessed in EVERYTHING he lays his hands upon. His health, finance, marriage, etc will flourish!

When your profession of confession becomes a priority to you, Prov 4:18 will become fulfilled in your life. There will never again be a better yesterday for you. Today, build a castle of increase, enlargement and promotion with your confession and make it impossible for the devil to touch you.

What is it we are to confess?
Confession is from the Greek word ‘Homologia’ from the word ‘homologeho’ which means ‘same talk’.

Matt 18:18 (AMP) " Truly I tell you, whatever you forbid and declare to be improper and unlawful on earth must be what is already forbidden in heaven, What did you forbid this morning as soon as you woke up? What have you declared improper in your family and in your life?

Matt 18:18 (AMP)...and whatever you permit and declare proper and lawful on earth must be what is already permitted in heaven."

For believers who want to experience what it truly means to be encompassed by favour, there are words which should not be far from their mouths. Words like "For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround ME as with a shield" (Psalm 5:12), "the blessing of the Lord shall come on me and overtake me" ( Deut28:2 ), my way is prosperous even as I have good success ( Josh 1:8 ).

CONFESSION: I have the right words to say at all times. I have everything I say in Jesus’ name.

FURTHER READING: Deut 28:3-14

(1) (Reply)

Couples, How Do You Celebrate Religious Festivities When U're Of Mixed Religion? / Beneficial Problems / Who Can Use College Degree Express

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.