Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

Confession, Our Profession - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confession, Our Profession (408 Views)

Confession, Our Profession Part 2 / Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' / Pope John Paul Confession Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Confession, Our Profession by PstWoleSoetan(m): 1:24am On Oct 15, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

Oct 11, 2013

CONFESSION, OUR PROFESSION

Heb 3:1 (KJV) Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Everything we do as Christians is hinged on the fact that our lives can never be ordinary because we have been called to share in heavenly things. When people say there is a casting down, we say there is a lifting up, where they are rejected we have divine appointments and when they are termed forsaken, we are called into His beloved.

The word ‘profession’ is defined as an occupation and as children of God, we have all been assigned an occupation for which we will rewarded. It is however saddening to discover that many Christians do not work yet, they expect to be paid. The bible says that the labourer is worthy of his wages (1 tim 5:18) so if we have not worked, we are worthy of nothing.

What is this profession? Hebrews 1:3 (NKJV) ...consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus,

Our confession is our profession. This means that the same way we get all serious about going to work everyday in an organization, should be the way we go about our profession of confession. Confessing what we believe should be how we live as Christians; it should be our primary job, our core responsibility.

Until we practise our profession, we cannot and should not expect to get paid. Too many Christians want to experience, practically, what it means to be encompassed with favour but have kept their mouths shut, refusing to confess anything.

James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the WORK, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

In the verse above, 'work' is used rather than 'word' because the Word of the Lord is our work and it is impossible to work and not be paid by God. When you practise your profession, you shall be blessed in your deeds!

CONFESSION: favour surrounds me like a shield, I have supernatural results! I am a partaker of the divine life and I excel in all I do. My health springs forth, my life blossoms on!

FURTHER READING: 2 Thes 3:10, Gal 6:7

(1) (Reply)

DAILY MANNA Feeding On His Word Daily / Rhapsody Of Realities Friday,october 18th, 2013. / The Heart And The Mouth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.