Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,955 members, 7,883,339 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 09:21 AM

Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? (4069 Views)

Three Trekkers For Atiku Get Stranded / Fuel Scarcity?? White Woman Seen In The Boot Of A Car In Lagos (photos) / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Imnakoya(m): 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2005
Hnd-holder:

What is bad is bad. What is Atkins offense? He is innocent.

Do you know something many don't?

There is an overwhelming evidence against Atiku that a blind man can see. He needs to address the issues against him...Well, in a typical Nigerian sense, all these events are nothing but lies and the work of saboteurs, right?

What do you see, HND-Holder?
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Hndholder(m): 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2005
Atiku is also fighting coruption like OBJ. this is Nigeria where you think is wrong may be right.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by kodewrita(m): 1:40pm On Aug 31, 2005
the man is a crook. we all know it. privatisations by BPE have all been compromised simply because of the actions of this vice-crook. they should all go and let us select more trustworthy crooks to replace them. I know americans can sometimes do things for propaganda purposes but in this case I believe they are telling the truth.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Imnakoya(m): 1:41pm On Aug 31, 2005
Hnd-holder:

Atiku is also fighting coruption like OBJ. this is Nigeria where you think is wrong may be right.

I don't understand your logic.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Hndholder(m): 1:49pm On Aug 31, 2005
We might be selecting super crooks if the "two" now are crook. What do you think
Imnakoya:

I don't understand your logic.

Simply means Atiku is our VEE PEE very clean and he has immunity. Even the senate will never find him guilty and in case of impeachment it Will last more than two years so his term will be over.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Hndholder(m): 3:46pm On Aug 31, 2005
Wait a minute, do you remember the case involving one time president of powerful nation and Luwasiky(sp) How did it end? The powerful senate of that Land could not impeachment the powerful man. Atikus case will be like that.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Imnakoya(m): 4:29pm On Aug 31, 2005
More on Atiku's mansion and others via Elendu Reports:
http://elendureports.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=58&Itemid=33

(pls help load the pic. Atiku's got taste)

Who is Olu Obsanjo G?
"Olu Obasanjo G. is another famous Nigerian name that acquired a piece of New York real estate. On March 1, 2005, Olu Obasanjo bought a Brooklyn, New York property for five hundred and thirty-seven thousand, one hundred and twenty-six dollars. At about 1:00 PM on April 1, 2005, his agents filed papers with the city. Elendureports.com has been trying for two weeks to confirm the identity of Olu Obasanjo G. A source told Elendureports.com that Olu Obasanjo G is one of Pres. Obasanjo's sons. The source further stated that the President's son is a former law student who lived with Andrew Young, the former United States Ambassador to the United Nations and the Chairman of Goodworks Int. LLC., a firm which lobbies the United States government on behalf of Nigeria."

Adolphus Wabara too
"Disgraced former Senate President, Adolphus Wabara is not left out in the US property mania. Through wife, Felicia, Wabara acquired a piece of Queens, New York for the handsome price of nine hundred and ninety-five thousand dollars. The house was purchased on March 11, 2005, while the documents were filed with the city on April 1, 2005. Felicia Wabara was sighted at the hotel around this time. Elendureports.com is yet to confirm if the white man she was seen with one evening in March is the real estate agent."
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Hndholder(m): 4:37pm On Aug 31, 2005
so is it not fight for our nation/ War against coruption?
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Imnakoya(m): 4:55pm On Aug 31, 2005
Hnd-holder:

Wait a minute, do you remember the case involving one time president of powerful nation and Luwasiky(sp) How did it end? The powerful senate of that Land could not impeachment the powerful man. Atikus case will be like that.

Time will tell.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by IAH(f): 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2005
They should remove him and let another person come and cut his share of the national cake for the next 2 years. He should go and make do with the portion he has helped himself to in the past 6 years. E don do!
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by joftech(m): 9:00pm On Aug 31, 2005
May God and the "irumales" punish all the people that are stealing this country's resources for their own selfish use.
And they think their children will enjoy all these ill-gotten goods, never God forbid.
Don't they know that houses do crumble.

I have been saying it and i mean it, if they don't stop all these stealing, a repeat of the French revolution is imminent here, when it will start is what i don't know.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Hndholder(m): 8:30am On Sep 01, 2005
IAH:

They should remove him and let another person come and cut his share of the national cake for the next 2 years. He should go and make do with the portion he has helped himself to in the past 6 years. E don do!

I am warming up. Please can you tell OBJ that I can do the JOB better,

that I will not receive DONATIONS for library. I shall made you a Chairman of NITEL BOARD.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Hndholder(m): 8:56am On Sep 01, 2005
joftech:

May God and the "irumales" punish all the people that are stealing this country's resources for their own selfish use.
And they think their children will enjoy all these ill-gotten goods, never God forbid.
Don't they know that houses do crumble.

I have been saying it and i mean it, if they don't stop all these stealing, a repeat of the French revolution is imminent here, when it will start is what i don't know.

Please Lord do not answer that prayer, because I want to have my own share. I shall help to build your house called CAN center or church at Abuja. I want to pay fat offering. I would renovate mosques. Let me be . So that I will be able to give contract to joftech so that he can forget his call for a repeat of the French revolution here, when it starts we will not know who will know the end, many of your faithful servant would die.
Only this week lord thousands died in America.I hope not because of Iraq war, again 800 died yesterday in Iraq for the fear of suicide bomber Lord.
Do not let our country offend USA for our PETROLEUM sake so that OBJ can continue to buy processed fuel from them for debt forgiveness sake, I know he will never build refinery but continue to import with price Increase.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by joftech(m): 11:19am On Sep 01, 2005
That one is will never come to reality. And am not looking for dubious contracts.

Those that ruin this country to this level will never know peace. (Ashe ti gun)
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Hndholder(m): 11:36am On Sep 01, 2005
Nairaland help to beg Joftech now. I will not be like them Okay if you do not want contract, Your wife will . Look I will give her the post that was decleared vacant by OBJ.

The chairman of board...Port authority ....where the wife of PDP chaiman was removed , you remeber now or a plot of BITUMEN land at IGBOKODA .
Afterall she will help us to firth coruption .How about that. Or you want Ghana must go just let me know. grin or kiss COCOA farm for chocolate industry in Katsina state.
For Atiku position sake.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by joftech(m): 1:31pm On Sep 01, 2005
I will make sure they render the office of the Vice President null and void if you are the only qualify candidate for that office.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Hndholder(m): 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2005
That means no vice then, Let us look at Abubakar’s transition, Atiku, with his friend and business partner, Boni Haruna were looking forward to occupying the Adamawa State government house when obj made him
joftech:

I will make sure they render the office of the Vice President null and void if you are the only qualify candidate for that office.
Vice Presidential candidate

But Ineed A house in USA badly friend. I will make you a Governor
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by kamakula: 4:55pm On Sep 01, 2005
It seems many of you misunderstand what diplomatic immunity covers. One thing it does not cover is your personal home. Jefferson is currently under investigation for corruption - specifically using his position to forward the interests of a telecom company. In the meeting with Atiku, he supposedly asked for Atiku's help in smoothing the way for the company to do business in Nigeria and left a letter for Atiku to "present" to the proper authorities. Now, what the company is supposed to do is submit their proposals through proper channels. Atiku in fact left the letter in his house. It was found by the FBI in their search.

- If he was in fact going to help Jefferson, he could destroy the letter and just personally convey Jefferson's message
- The fact that he left the letter there suggests that he knew something was up - maybe he's been tipped off about a sting on Jefferson

In any case, I doubt there would be that much more info on this from the FBI, at best, whatever else will be Atiku's word.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Bibi(m): 8:23pm On Sep 01, 2005
Ive said it before, many of you are after stretched sensational dramas. Abubakar knows what he's aiming for and would be so stupid to soil his hands. I think many people under-estimate the guy.

Right now, he's being reconciled with OBJ, while the raid on his house in US has done nothing but false whistles (so far).

Anyway, whatever is going on between Abu and OBJ is another matter. The Yar Ardua political machine which Atiku controls was instrumental in the emergence of OBJ as president and also being successful to manage the senate and reps that have at one time or the other almost whisked him out. OBJ owes Abu and his machinery, but he refuses to acknowledge it publicly.

Or may I say, OBJ is torn between loyalty to the Yar Ardua machinery that brought him to power and the inner caucaus of retired army generals. So does OBJ support Atiku and the Yar Adua Machinery or the Army caucus and support Babangida? This is OBJs dilema.

Anyway, OBJ needs to improve his statemanship. Picking fights with other politicians over the airwaves does not go well with the expected wisdom his position deserves (its Atiku now, it was the former PDP Chairman, It was Soloman Lar sometime back, etc, etc).
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Imnakoya(m): 8:37pm On Sep 01, 2005
"Ive said it before, many of you are after stretched sensational dramas. Abubakar knows what he's aiming for and would be so stupid to soil his hands. I think many people under-estimate the guy."

BIBI: What about issues relating to ethnics ethics and corruption? I believe that is what should be addressed. Atiku as a politican is going to spin the issue in his favor, regardless. The substance of the matter is that he should be investigated thoroughly, nobody is after the sensationalism...
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Seun(m): 2:21am On Sep 02, 2005
If it's true, as some commentators like to assert, that "everybody" (every Nigerian politician) has one thing or the other to hide, it's not in the interest of the others to expose Atiku unless he's involved in a scandal that's blown up to a level where it it too big to be pushed under the carpet.

If the US investigators don't find anything, I'm betting that there'll be no investigation of the Vice President at our end.

See Also: Meet the Veepee at Black Looks
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Imnakoya(m): 5:12am On Sep 02, 2005
You just nailed it Seun! You zeroed in on my fears and the realities of the Nigerian situation. Time will tell.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Hndholder(m): 12:50pm On Sep 02, 2005
Nothing will touch Atiku I said it.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by kamakula: 3:29pm On Sep 02, 2005
The corruption in the US does not affect the country in that corruption in Nigeria affects Nigerians. Also, in the US, once the person who is corrupt is identified and there is proof of the corruption, in most cases, they are arrested, trialed, fined, and/or jailed. The chances of them getting back into their position of power diminishes to very little. There is no, oh, he is a senator, we can't touch him because he may move against us in some other means. Even the president (remember Nixon and Watergate?) is not safe - though I must say Bush has survived so maybe American's are growing soft. This is in stark contrast to Nigeria where the greatest anticorruption arrest has been of an assistant police chief.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Bibi(m): 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2005
Be careful. Abubakar has not been indicted either in US or Nigeria. Everything is mere speculations until proven otherwise. We seem to be playing out the drama a lot without the real actors.

Anticurruption in Nigeria is definitely another story.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Greatpeter(m): 10:09am On Sep 04, 2005
I will say yes rheoritically if the lates information available to me from the media is anything to go by.

Pastor Adeboye of The Redeemed Christian Church of God Intervened to the feud between the President and his deputy with deadlock.

Atiku is on the verge of loosing his seat as number two citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria even as most PDP strongmen backed the President.

read more here www.vanguardngr.com (The case agaist Atiku)

Sorry for Atiku as he is at the verge of not realizing his ambition to become The President of Nigeria. cry cry cry
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Greatpeter(m): 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2005
Don't say Atiku is innocent now oo.

It's taking a new dimmension.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Greatpeter(m): 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2005
Bibi:

Be careful. Abubakar has not been indicted either in US or Nigeria. Everything is mere speculations until proven otherwise. We seem to be playing out the drama a lot without the real actors.

Anticurruption in Nigeria is definitely another story.

Bibi you are far off oo.
You don't know what's happening here.
There is no way you can know more than we people in the country.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Hndholder(m): 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2005
listen men hear this
''Thu Sep 15, 2:43 PM ET

ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigeria's vice president has ordered his lawyers to sue a leading news magazine for libel over a story it published about an FBI raid on his house in the United States, his office said on Thursday''
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Seun(m): 2:48pm On Dec 09, 2005
joftech: In the US, corruption is for the elite and they conceal it in such a way that even if it’s been done right in front of you, you will never know what’s going on. That’s good because it does not make the citizens to raise an eyebrow; what you don’t know won’t give you a sleepless night.

What are you smoking, mate? grin
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Greatpeter(m): 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2005
And the man still lives on, as the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? by Hndholder(m): 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2005
tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yar’adua Posters Flood Kaduna For 2011 / Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway / "no Wahala " Which Language Is It Hausa, Yoruba Or Pigin English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.