Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,808 members, 7,886,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 01:35 AM

After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? (14767 Views)

Teething In Children, What You Should Know ..... / Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children / Against Your Will,tribal Mark On The Faces Of Children. What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by tucee31: 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
Tpave: As in striving to be a very popular person like celebrities and power like a well known political figure eg IBB, OBJ AND JONATHAN.

Very simple, go and join politics!
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by lockedOut: 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
@OP how well have you impacted your immediate environment? You can begin with the motherless babies home. Pick up a cause and believe in it.

2 Likes

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Willgates(m): 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
you are very typical
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Vykiano(m): 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
Making Heaven
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Aromas: 1:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
Tpave: After education, house, car and children. Is there any other achievement that one needs to be called a successful man. I believe that fame and power is an extra achievement. Pls let us discuss about it.

Bros, u nd 2 strive hard 2 overcome dis challenges, bcus wot u mention here does not mean u'r successful. Circumstances can make someone sell those things during difficult time, but not ur degrees n children o
Wot I've 2say is dat so far u'r still alive n u've attain all dis things, I believe u nd 2 start n build ur future right away which are ur children, and once ur children are in school, struggle continues den if you really wish dem well ooooooooooo
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Omogbhollahorn(m): 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
you need JESUS CHRIST grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by oluwashaddow(m): 1:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
In life u can b successful n yet nt fufilled,so after avin all dat u said d next big tin is to fulfill destiny or ur set goal
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by josite: 1:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
Tpave: my brother that is the first and major achievement. Thanks.

if u really have Christ then you will not ask this kind of question that potrays you as a man that doesn't know the reason for his existence.even dogs have children ,even birds have comfortable nest and even bees have good jobs.so whats the big deals about cars etc .these are the preoccupation of gentiles.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
Help the needy & less privileged you come across & impact everyone around you positively.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by stelaar(m): 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
Now you Going to need peace of Mind
you would be lucky to pass the education phase

House= fear of robbery shocked
Car= fear of accident or death cry
Children= fear of them disgracing you lipsrsealed

we forbid all this but am happy you have attained some level of contentment in your mind if you tie only this to success...some others would be focusing on how to rip nigeria off or steal from the government or aquire ill gotten wealth

1 Like

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by salafiyy: 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
...Paradise, much important than...that is, you need to be dutiful to your Lord
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by ITbomb(m): 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
Those things you mentioned are indeed what makes a man successful, I dont think you need any other thing.
However being successful is not the destination, it is just a means through which God has given you resources to impact upon the life of others.
What you need now is to be a channel of blessing to others, this does not only mean giving people money but more of giving them knowledge on how to be successful like you from your wealth of experience, empowering people to start up sustainable things, being a loving model to your children and a responsible husband to your wife.
Remember , this life was suppose to be a training school and a fragment of the eternity you were created for.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by denony(m): 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
ALL U NEED IS CHRIST
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2013
You need to learn how to hear the voice of God.
Find out what He wants you to do and go ahead and do it.
Then your job is done and you are ready to go home and be with Jesus.

Please note, this is not a easy thing to do but is most rewarding life experience.

All the best
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by anselm791(m): 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2013
Well you need to touch another person's life. Help them get those things too and then you can say you've really lived.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by XwhY(m): 1:27pm On Oct 22, 2013
Invest on your children and help the needy around you.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Tiwanna(f): 1:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
@op u forget to add wife to ur list, na who go born the pikin dem for u nau?
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by nikkypearl(f): 1:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
long life and good health to enjoy those!
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by foyeks2001(f): 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
You are more than these people you mentioned that's if u have Jesus Christ because Jesus Christ is priceless...
Tpave: As in striving to be a very popular person like celebrities and power like a well known political figure eg IBB, OBJ AND JONATHAN.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by funkyjms: 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
josite: death.stupid question as if cars etc are the reason for ur existence.u ar the perfect examples of millions of Nigeria whose worth and existence is hinged on what u have and who even told u d children are urs?.sorry if I sound rude ,thas not my nature.it just amazes me anyone still thinks like this and im very sure u go to church regularly.

Dude, he was just asking a question... Do you know if the OP is just a teen trying to seek opinion?
You haven't answer the question Mr josite Critic

From my end, I have no answer...

2 Likes

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by dabrake(m): 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Tpave: After education, house, car and children. Is there any other achievement that one needs to be called a successful man. I believe that fame and power is an extra achievement. Pls let us discuss about it.
Keep making more money.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by BrightCar: 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
VANITY UPON VANITY = VANITY. WHAT SHALL IT PROFIT A MAN TO GAIN THE WHOLE WORLD AND LOOSE HIS SOUL? DO YOU HAVE JESUS? ARE YOU SAVED? IS YOUR TREASURE HEAVEN? THIS IS THE MAIN ACHIEVEMENT.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by funkyjms: 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
Tiwanna: @op u forget to add wife to ur list, na who go born the pikin dem for u nau?

That's to tell you that that(family) has been added...

1 Like

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by ghettodreamz(m): 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
You need your 'SALVATION', it is the most important of all, every other things are vanity upon vanity.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by mactolf: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ones u don get all dis, abeg make u dey prepare 4 heaven, u must acept JESU as ur personal saviour
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Youngzedd(m): 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
Humans!
Insatiable animal.

Human wants are unlimited.

@OP
You speak like a student.
Don't worry, soon you will understand the meaning of the word "Human"
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
wife nko...abi u wan do like tuface
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by biafranqueen: 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
What you need is peace of mind, which comes from doing the right thing and making sound decisions in life, joy and true happiness. Without these things all material things are useless! Those are great achievements, and being happy with what you have gained in life and appreciating them will continue to create joy! Being of service to your community will bring wealth and effortless success!

It is so funny that so many people will say you need Jesus, but have a problem loving thy neighbor as they love themselves, forgiving those that wronged them etc; judging other people, condemning other religions smh Religion is so funny that people will commit atrocities and later claimed to be save and born again thinking they will not pay for what they have committed unto others, you people are fooling yourself, whatever you do will come back to you, no matter you confess and give your life to Christ. The unhappiest people I know are the most religious undecided

3 Likes

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by akinladejo: 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
Na to die na
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by mymz(f): 1:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
an education, a house, car, wife and kids are society's definition of success/happiness. which is why most people get married just because they think they 'should'. it's just society's way of inculcating individuals into a group with set laws/guidelines that form cultures and pave the path for people to succumb/adhere to.

Fulfillment however, is a different paradigm all together, it involves self sufficiency, peace and contentment in the knowledge of ones' abilities and even disabilities. it's that level you attain in life where you're no longer after materials things. you seldom have any fears. you're totally in control of who and what you are. you revel in the solemn truth of what you're infinitely capable of because you know that you are filled with possibilities far beyond human comprehension. it's a quiet assurance that you're here, and that you would strive to let generations after you, know that you were indeed, here.

purpose
meaning
contentment
inner strength and beauty
courage
......and life.

instead of living a life, so many people exist in life.
Don't make that mistake. you'll wake up one day and ask yourself the very bitter question; "what am i doing here?" wink

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Who Waited For Many Years Before Welcoming Her Daughter, Shares testimony / The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! / OAP Blossom Martins Accuses Twin Sisters Of Fraud In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.