Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,068 members, 7,980,799 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 04:58 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (462371 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 14, 2013
asemota osazuwa: that
means me staying in badagry.will have to book an hotel.close.to d
place.....am just feeling shy to meet all dis vo again....

Don't be shy, don't get nervous. Any hotel in Obalende/CMS would do.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by justwise(m): 9:26am On Dec 14, 2013
Ctemi: Justwise,pls I need process on hw to apply for skul in US,kindly send me website of skul in US and as an HND holder which program can I put in for

You are at the right place, all you need to know is here, take your time and read through this thread
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 14, 2013
Amefrica:

Doesn't matter bro! This is a public forum, informal typing/writing is allowed.

Ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:02am On Dec 14, 2013
dolapobello1:

I know this may be totally off and everything, but I'm just curious. Why the double exclamation marks?

You don't need to be curious because there is nothing serious about the double exclamation marks. Thanks bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 14, 2013
Walspring:

You don't need to be curious because there is nothing serious about the double exclamation marks. Thanks bro!

It's nothing actually. I was just wondering whether you were super excited about Maryland. Perhaps you intend visiting or something.
Like I said, it's nothing, and I wasn't attacking your typing like Professor Amefrica wrongly inferred.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:16am On Dec 14, 2013
Ctemi: Justwise,pls I need process on hw to apply for skul in US,kindly send me website of skul in US and as an HND holder which program can I put in for

U will have to make google ur (boy) friend lol and search intensively. You will put in for a course related to ur hnd certificate because that's very important
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:21am On Dec 14, 2013
dolapobello1:

It's nothing actually. I was just wondering whether you were super excited about Maryland. Perhaps you intend visiting or something.
Like I said, it's nothing, and I wasn't attacking your typing like Professor Amefrica wrongly inferred.

Okay bro, I will still tour maryland to see bigfrancis and co lol but it will be at the right time. Thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 14, 2013
dolapobello1:

Did I infer/say you attacked his post? lipsrsealed Well, no lies, I thought you were up to something.
It's all good bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Just4mide: 12:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hello gurus in the house pls my interview is next week I have a question botherin me nd the question is on how to tell d VO of what I have been doing since 2011 cos I graduated from high school in 2011.I have two point on my mind which are. 1) can I say that after finishin high school I enrol in computer institute for 9 month and later work in a computer center. OR. 2) I was in year one already but because of the persistence ASUU strike I decided to move to more stable education environment nd I would love to start affresh cos am still young vibrant and sound. Pls advise me? Which one is the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hello house,
pls im going to seme border to pay my SEVIS I-901 fee at Ecobank.
I knw the fee is $200, but how much will the bank collect from me-- like is there any other bank charge attached Or should i just go with $200 Also, what should i take along wen going Pls i need urgent real answers. Thank you in advance....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
Idazbawz: Hello house,
pls im going to seme border to pay my SEVIS I-901 fee at Ecobank.
I knw the fee is $200, but how much will the bank collect from me-- like is there any other bank charge attached Or should i just go with $200 Also, what should i take along wen going Pls i need urgent real answers. Thank you in advance....

Go with 45K. Just incase, u need to settle some touts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
Amefrica:

Did I infer/say you attacked his post? lipsrsealed Well, no lies, I thought you were up to something.
It's all good bro.

smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 14, 2013
dolapobello1:

smiley

wink cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by puppiluv(m): 12:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
Walspring:

Congrat bro and lets give that thanks to God no matter the situation!!! Next year will be better than this on your behalf..

thanks Walspring...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by puppiluv(m): 12:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
Amefrica:

Work on the bolded, why you switching from Bus. Admin. to Public Admin. and go back to collect your VISA.

Goodluck!
Thank u so much Amefrica,i'll come back here to write my success testimony next time i go for my interview.AMEN!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
Amefrica and Walspring, you both have really tried on this thread. God will continually crown your efforts with success in Jesus' name.
Imperiouxx too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ehen, and I want to specially shout out to Chief, Dr. (And future Prof.) Winbyforce. grin Thank you so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hello Guys just wanted to inform you all that I'm currently in the United States. I Just arrived here on wednessday and I have been trying to settle in.

I can fully say for now that I have settle in with my accomodation. I already arranged for a place to stay (off campus accomodation), since when I was in Nigeria, which I got from craiglist.

So I sent out about 40 messages to available rooms close to campus and the ones that had good deals and much affordable for me. And I communicated directly with em thru facebook. So anyone looking for a room should follow this foot steps and you should be fine.

And pls only make housing arrangement on craiglist and NEVER pay any money to anybody on craiglist Until you arrive the United States and move in. Simple!! Then you make payment. That's the way I did mine.

Okay, back to how my journey went,

First I took flyemirate airline and my flight left @ 2:45pm Nigeria time, so I left home by 10am and got to the airport @ 11:30am. So I quickly went to the medical centre @ the int'l airport to get my Yellow card done, I got useful info from Bigfrancis and nomso27 just the same day I was leaving the country, they informed me that the Yellow card has been changed to a new one and updated one, and the former Health yellow card won't be accepted in the US anymore, because it has been rendered Obsolete since the 1st of October. And I did my fist Yellow card in August.
All thanks to the Great Bigfrancis and Nomso27.

so I will quickly rushed down to the Health centre when I arrived the airport and pleaded to em to get mine done quickly because my flight was leaving in few hours time, because there were lots of people on the queue @ the medicals, so I gave em my former yellow card and gave em my int'l passport and #1,000 for them to get it done. And that's the same amount that is collected from everybody in general tho!

So after about 15 minutes, it was ready, I was too happy, so I quickly went to flyemirate counter for the normal check-in, my load plenty no be small, I took 2 loaded boxes and they were above the baggage limit, so we had to split my luggages into 4 places, so I took 3 hand luggages inside the plane and 2 boxes as check-in boxes.

So I took, 1 ghana must go bag, lol, laptop bag and a school bag as hand luggage! Which I took inside the plane.

Those immigration no know say me don tear eyes for them b4 I enter airport, I get their time that day. they were just asking me to drop somethin of em, me I told em I'm a hustler like em. So they freed me. I just dey use style dey form familarity wth em, and behold, I didn't pay any penny to any immigration officer in 9ja till I enter plane, even though my passport was a virgin passport as someone scared the hell outta me that I will get drilled @ the airport because I'm a first timer.

So I got into the plane, and settled in, and that was the first time I will ever enter a plane in my life. grin I give thanks to God. I chose a window seat when I booked my flight, one lady sitting next to me then asked me, if we can swap seat, as a sharp guy, I tell am say I'm a first timer ooo, so i wanna feel the whole experience and asked if she is a first timer too and she said NO. 9ja and their over sabi, that was not all, she con dey threaten me for plane with style, lol con talk say she wants to make a phone call to ask someone who really owns the seat, me just dey look am, she think say she don see Mugu inside plane, make she dey display dey go if she tire she go rest. Lol If she like call President Obama, I'm still headin to the United States in that window seat. grin

because I sat @ the appropriate seat number written on my ticket, e be like say the person for phone wey she call, give am yawa, dem talk say she will sit @ the edge, na so she keep quite.

Mehn, I enjoyed my emirate flight no be small ooooo. E make sense die. I ate all kinds of food inside the plane. Those emirate hostressess no wan pity us wth food, dem just dey knack us with food, snacks, alcohol, pizza, vodka, juice, fried rice chicken e.t.c almost every 30 minutes to 1 hour dem just dey bring am come.

I ate about 6 times in my flight from Lagos to Dubai and I ate another 7 rounds in my flight from Dubai to JFK NewYork. grin me no dey shame oooo. That other aunty wey dey my side dey look me as I dey other like say na only me dey inside plane, me just throway my face commot, shey na she buy flight ticket for me ni. My money talking.. cheesycheesy

Guys were not smiling in the plane ooo. We just dey order for food and drinks like say na our papa get fly emirate. grin
Some of em dey knack toilet like mad. Lol! Me just dey sit dey observe, dey drink vodka.

I watched lots of movies in the plane, latest movies, and I use style enter rest room dey observe.. Mehn dts so on point.

Those female hostressess just dey compliment my winter coat about 2 of em, dem dey feel the Yankee boi. Lol

Na so we land dubai International Airport @ about 1:45am midnite and nxt flight takes off @ 2:25am. We didn't even waste time, immediately we landed dubai, we started checking in for the next flight to JFK NewYork. Mehn dubai airport is veryy big oooo. Chai. Murtala muhammed airport na ghetto compared to what I saw @ dubai. 9ja still dey learn work oooo. cheesycheesycheesy.

How inside airport go even get train station. Chai. Oyinbo don sell us finish. When our own normal train station, na waste product and feaces dey occupy am. cheesycheesy

When I land NewYork, I was like wow!!!! God is wonderful. Your boi don land yankee, yankee wey everybody dey die for. You need see this American cops speaking this their slanks with that american accent. Mehn, I love the way they talk, love the flows, it's got much swagger. grin

So we queued @ the P.O.E and I went up to the VO and he asked for my docs which I gave him, and he asked for my i-20, and he said I should give him a minute, he said I should follow him to another office for further processing. Me con dey fear oooo. I think say maybe dem don detect fraud for my application. Lol because all this person no fit dey predict em all dis cops for yankee

So I waited in the office and I later found out that the reason I was transfered to another office was becos they didn't have Sevis record file on their system. So this chinko man con dey in charge of my file. My next flight to Minnesota leaves @ about 11:25am and I arrived NewYork @ 8:30am.

So immigration kept me in their office till 10:30am. I was later getting scared that I will miss my flight and na another money wey I no budget for be that wan go so.

After I kept waiting and didn't hear a response from those VOs @ the POE, whether na VO or Immigration officer dem dey call em, me no even know. But dem wear uniform, put gun for pocket,

So I walked up to the chinko Vo with confidence and told him, Good morning sir, you have not attended to my file, the student file, it was just dropped here on the table without being attended to, Pls sir, I have a flight to catch in about an hour time, and guess the response this chinko VO gave me;

Go and sit down and wait for your turn, we will call you and in case you miss your flight, you book another one.

Me just dey look am as eem dey run eem mouth like tap. E dey talk like as if na him wan give me money book for another flight ticket. #smh

Guys be careful with any chinese person u see around ooo. Chinese people get too proud especially when they put em in high positions. And this people are Notin to us compared to the Americans. Can't u see their chinese type @ the Us Embassy, the chinese man and woman will just be denying peeps without any reason. They are very wicked and strict.

Na so after about 10 minutes, God sent one better American VO come my side and he took the file and said he will look into it, Na so the chinko VO con use side eyes dey look me as the american officer carry my file, me just throwey face commot. grin

The chinko just dey interrogate one other chinko guy of eem type wey wan enter US, he was like why did u leave your family behind and without coming along wth them. Wetin concern u. He refused to grant the guy entry into the United States oooo. They kept dragging it there.

While I was waiting, those Immigration officers brought about 2 Nigerian Guys in handcuffs, they brought out drugs from their bags. Mehn seriously our nigerian brothers are really spoiling our name abroad ooo. Chai. Una no even dey try @ all. You need to see their faces, they look so innocent.

I even over-heard the immigration officer telling his colleague that, he is the 2nd Nigerian guy we caught 2day. Na wa ooo.

So after some minutes, the VO came outside and asked me some few questions and he was like,

Why did you apply to this school,
Hw many schools did u apply to?
Name em?
And wht course you going for?
And what is the duration of your course and I said 60 months sir, which is about 4 yrs, and he said why did the US embassy give you a 2 year visa and not a 4 year visa, I was wondering he was asking me this question because he sholud know better, maybe he just dey use style dey find my mouth,

As a sharp guy, I told him, it is the normal duration they give to all students in Nigeria and we will be expected to Renew it when it expires, na so he con look me and said okay gimme a minute and he went inside and brought out my int'l passport and stamped somethin on it, which they wrote F-1 and D/S. The D/S stands for Duration of stay, so I can stay in the US for as long as the duration stated on my i-20 and still remain legally on status.

So I told him thank you and off I go to Minnesota, so I had to quickly rush to meet up my flight going to minnesota, along the line I 4got one of my hand luggages @ JFK NewYork airport which had my under pant short, clipper, towel, polsih and some few tings. Thank God say all those tins r somethin that could be replaceable, and my 5 New native wears I sew were inside my checked in boxes.

The security checks were just too much jare, that's one of the reason why I forgot the luggaage, they will tell u to pulll out your belt, ur wallet, phones, bags e.t.c and pass it beneath a machine. na small remain we for evem naked for there self. lol cheesycheesy

And I was in a hurry, that's why I 4got the school bag wth some few stuffs on it.

I took sun country airline from NewYork to Minnesota (Non-stop) and just about 3 minutes after I entered the plane, the doors were shut down by the pilot and the plane took off to Minnesota. Narrow escape, I nearly missed that flight!

NB: You guys have connecting flights should allow enough time for airport delays atleast 5 hrs ahead. You might not get lucky like the way I did.

The journey was quite stessful for me due to the large amount of luggages I carried, you might want to reduce your luggage to relieve ur self wth pressure especially when you don't have anyone to come pick you up @ the airport in the US. Becos I was all alone in the US, na so I wear the laptop bag wth my school doc in em, carry ghana must go for my right hand, still wear school bag for my back, and at the same time pushing 1 big box on my right hand together wth the ghana must go bag and pushing the other box wth my left hand. Omo seriously that tin no easy oooo. I just dey sweat inside A.c for airport. Na so one oyinbo con meet me say make e help me carry my luggage, I guess he is all this airport pick-up service, I even tink say na free, na so I jump rush, before e con tell me say na $5, omo na race oooo, I con tell am $1 I fit pay, thank God he no tear me slap wth the amount wey I wan offer am Lol. The guy look me just dey waka e own. I was left alone to carry my load oooo. Lol

When I arrived Minnesota, I was just amazed wth the beautiful surroundings, Minneapolis Saint Paul Airport is so on point!!!!!.

Everybody keeps warning me about cold weather @ minesota and I will be like 4get all those issues, notin fit happen, oboi my eyes see fire oooo.

When I stepped outside the airport @ minnesota to get a bus to take me to school campus, na race I tear enter airport back ooo. cheesycheesy. The cold fit fling person. I just be like JJC, different oyinbo people dey make calls inside airport, dem dey call their family, friends, taxi cab inside building make dem con block dem outside entrance, me just dey waka like mumu inside that snow, until about 4 minutes, I noticed my fingers were already stiff together like ice block, and it was hurting me real bad. I couldn't lift my box up.

The only luck I had here was that I already made arrangement for off campus accomodation, So it was just to get a bus that will take me to my apartment.

NB: So if u don't know anyone in the US and you haven't even made any arrangement on accomodation. Mehn you are on a long thing oooooo. You can't even stay outside for up to 5 minutes, immediately u step outside, u will quickly run inside a building to stay warm and await a bus.

The cold here is somethin else. So I was able to get a bus wth the help of a guy I saw here in minnesota that works in a company that books taxi for students which takes em to their destination, getting a taxi from the airport to my school campus was going to cost me $200 as he said, suicide!!!!

So he called a free shuttle bus service which came to pick me up @ the airport after a long wait of not seeing any bus @ Terminal 2 in Minneapolis, the shuttle bus took me to Terminal 1, the main station, where I booked Land to Air Express bus to my school campus for $35. The woman/coach who drives the bus was even kind enough to drop me in front of my apartment insead of the school campus, because my innitial plan was to get a bus from Minneapolis Airport to My school campus, then from school campus, will take a $5 cab to my apartment which is about 5 minutes from school campus to my apartment. And it was already gettin late. So I got to my apartment @ about 8:30pm.

The people I have been meeting so far here in Minnesota are very friendly, most especially the white, they will just be smiling with you, answering any questions you ask em, and they are welcoming.. Nothing like Racism here in Minnesota!!! I'm really enjoying my stay here. I feel @ home.

Thank you guyz for everything. You are loved.

Everytime I wake up in the morning here, and look through the window, seeing the beautiful surroundings, the snow in America, sometimes I just wonder if I'm alive or a ghost, because I can't ever imagine ever in my life being able to step my 2 legs on American soil.

My Quotation: "The Happiest day in my life, 11th of December 2013, the day I stepped my foot on American Soil. Dreams do come true"

God is Wonderful!!

28 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
puppiluv:
Thank u so much Amefrica,i'll come back here to write my success testimony next time i go for my interview.AMEN!

A resounding AMEN! to that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
dolapobello1: Amefrica and Walspring, you both have really tried on this thread. God will not let continually crown your efforts with success in Jesus' name.
Imperiouxx too.

Amen! Thanks bro, and you too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
Congrats Ricky! Hope to join you soon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
Congrats Ricky Rozay! I really enjoyed your story. Dreams do come true. Rep Naija well o!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olarwarlay(m): 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2013
Lol @ Ricky Rozay, I was actually waiting for your feedback to the house 'coz i know it's going to be a novel of sort, can't believe i read it all cheesy

Welcome Bro. wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ricky Rozay:
Everybody keeps warning me about cold weather @ minesota and I will be like 4get all those issues, notin fit happen, oboi my eyes see fire oooo.

I told you guys coming to US (red zone) the first time. Xmas there is really boring because the snow and crazy cold in it will kill your morale for fun for the next 2 months. This especially for those going to the red zone (with lowest temperature) like MN, MI, SD etc at far north.

Well, welcome and enjoy your freezing xmas. Hope your ears never froze sha?

But this your story fat no be small ooo. I only scan to pick some parts of it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
dolapobello1: Amefrica and Walspring, you both have really tried on this thread. God will continually crown your efforts with success in Jesus' name.
Imperiouxx too.

Thank you sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ricky, you ought to get a column in one of the newspapers theregrin

I was so moved by your story, bro. I was so inspired that...infact, you can't imagine.

Dreams indeed do come true!! I look forward to sharing my own experience in the States next year by His grace, I'll be praying for you.

P.S- I liked your post

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nethacker(m): 4:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
@Imperiouxx, @Amefrica,@OjaP and other moderators, please beware of 9ja guys that try to prove smart. Like I said before a guy wanted me to pay his SEVIS without paying me. Now he said he is a yahoo guy and thinks most of us here in US are doing the same. Please be warned because these are the kinds of guys we don't want here on NL, those who like to milk others dry. He claim that an expedited delivery only takes 6 hours within the US. He said he can hack my account and I questioned if he had the proper education to do so in the first place.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
nethacker: @Imperiouxx, @Amefrica,@OjaP and other moderators, please beware of 9ja guys that try to prove smart. Like I said before a guy wanted me to pay his SEVIS without paying me. Now he said he is a yahoo guy and thinks most of us here in US are doing the same. Please be warned because these are the kinds of guys we don't want here on NL, those who like to milk others dry. He claim that an expedited delivery only takes 6 hours within the US. He said he can hack my account and I questioned if he had the proper education to do so in the first place.

Wow! Ppl can be so silly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nethacker(m): 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
Amefrica:

Wow! Ppl can be so silly.
That was why I stopped coming to NL and now that i'm back, same thing still happens. Please let's all respect ourselves as well as those who want to help us.
Just my 2 cents
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
nethacker: @Imperiouxx, @Amefrica,@OjaP and other moderators, please beware of 9ja guys that try to prove smart. Like I said before a guy wanted me to pay his SEVIS without paying me. Now he said he is a yahoo guy and thinks most of us here in US are doing the same. Please be warned because these are the kinds of guys we don't want here on NL, those who like to milk others dry. He claim that an expedited delivery only takes 6 hours within the US. He said he can hack my account and I questioned if he had the proper education to do so in the first place.

lol. I always tell people, I don't know how to count money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
nethacker:
That was why I stopped coming to NL and now that i'm back, same thing still happens. Please let's all respect ourselves as well as those who want to help us.
Just my 2 cents

Seconded!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gr8ever(m): 4:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
@Ricky

I like your write up, he be like say make the story no finish.

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Minnesota. Dreams do come's true bro!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (501)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.