Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,766 members, 7,979,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:20 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (462301 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:44am On Jul 01, 2014
iamchux:

The bold is so true. Inconsistency is a big red flag when it comes to United States and her database. Visiting the embassy and lodging your complains wouldn't harm you...

Don't take chances!

I've been saying this countless times.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 2:48am On Jul 01, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

I've been saying this countless times. I don't why an applicant should gamble around with such things.
I've messaged them.. they said they will get back 2 me in 2 working days
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 3:01am On Jul 01, 2014
dahfweshdude69: I've messaged them.. they said they will get back 2 me in 2 working days

Very good. It is a work in progress. Make sure you follow-up, and post their reply on here.

Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 3:05am On Jul 01, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Very good. It is a work in progress. Make sure you follow-up, and post their reply on here.

Best of luck
Yeah..sure I will...even if the school is assuring me about no issues at Poe..it is better to get it straight from the consulate

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaadx(m): 5:36am On Jul 01, 2014
Stewee: Hello NLers,

I'm confused about something...
I'm going to the US for flight training.
I have my visa interview coming up on the 7th of July after an initial refusal in may this year. Now the DS 160 I filled has my Mom as my sponsor but last last week an Airline company agreed to sponsor me and give me a job when I return.

I Do not have all this info in the DS160 I filled and submitted. Can I fill another one with this new development with the company as my sponsor.

Or should I use them as a co sponsor and still go with my mom's statement of account.

Or should I just go for interview with the DS160 I already filled an submitted.

Urgent responses need please.

even if you dont include it, go with ya proof and reason why
they are sponsoring you when you are ask who is ya sponsor you gona say ya mum and then include that with a back up. Mine to is on 7th, by God grace we shal be approve
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 5:57am On Jul 01, 2014
Stewee: Hello NLers,

I'm confused about something...
I'm going to the US for flight training.
I have my visa interview coming up on the 7th of July after an initial refusal in may this year. Now the DS 160 I filled has my Mom as my sponsor but last last week an Airline company agreed to sponsor me and give me a job when I return.

I Do not have all this info in the DS160 I filled and submitted. Can I fill another one with this new development with the company as my sponsor.

Or should I use them as a co sponsor and still go with my mom's statement of account.

Or should I just go for interview with the DS160 I already filled an submitted.

Urgent responses need please.

If I were you, I will fill another DS160 form and indicate the Airline company as my sponsor and update my profile with the new code.

Filling another DS160 form can't affect your interview date. You can use your mum as standby sponsor in case of unforeseen circumstances where the airline company withdrawn the sponsorship.

Note: You must go with detailed letter of sponsorship from the airline company and should be able to explain why the airline is sponsoring you(what they stand to gain from it). Lobatan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 6:24am On Jul 01, 2014
Hello all, please help check my documents as I prepare to get my visa tomorrow by God's grace.

PRIMARY DOCUMENTS
International passport
I-20
sevis receipt
GTB visa fee receipt
ds-160 confirmation page
visa appointment confirmation
5 x 5 passport photograph

FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS
Sponsor's bank statement
Sponsor's bank letter
Sponsorship letter printed on sponsor's company letter head (stamped and signed)

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
School's admission letter (MS Mathematics)
TAship appointment letter
BSc Certificate (Mathematics)
Associate certificate (NCE)(Computer/Maths)
BSC transcript
NCE transcript
Letter of appointment from work
GRE and TOEFL results
NYSC certificate
High school certificate
Work ID Card

And most importantly God's favour

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 01, 2014
Ashigolo, you're good to go. Just add Gods grace. All the best bro. #Justgivemethetranscript grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 6:31am On Jul 01, 2014
slimmy05: Ashigolo, you're good to go. Just add Gods grace. All the best bro. #Justgivemethetranscript grin
Thanks alot bro, All the best in yours as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 6:37am On Jul 01, 2014
jaadx:

even if you dont include it, go with ya proof and reason why
they are sponsoring you when you are ask who is ya sponsor you gona say ya mum and then include that with a back up. Mine to is on 7th, by God grace we shal be approve

Amen, We Shall!
Have No Fears!
...And thanks for your inputs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 7:08am On Jul 01, 2014
stevecrun: Happy new month my nairaland brothers and sisters.
May the month of July,be a month of testimonies.
May we the fall students going for our interviews this month bring back smiles and testimonies.
Amen!!

In MFM mood-Amen in Jesus name...... Fire! smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 7:36am On Jul 01, 2014
stevecrun: @Stewee,i think the airline company should have it in writing that they are willing and able to sponsor your training in the United States;then grant you an employment upon your return to Nigeria.
That's a great home-tie and then you should use your mom as a co-sponsor.
All the best on the 7th of July.

They have it in writing saying all of that on their letterhead.
Using my mom as a co-sponsor means i'll go with her statement of account and other documents yeh?

Thank You So Much for your Inputs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 01, 2014
Stewee:

They have it in writing saying all of that on their letterhead.
Using my mom as a co-sponsor means i'll go with her statement of account and other documents yeh?

Thank You So Much for your Inputs.
yes go..with all your mom's financial document.
Most times,documents are not requested..what they need is your word of mouth.
Please,produce no documents when not asked to..
Goodluck..Chief
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:45am On Jul 01, 2014
dahfweshdude69: Yeah..sure I will...even if the school is assuring me about no issues at Poe..it is better to get it straight from the consulate

Ehen! Good attitude towards the issue. Way to go!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 01, 2014
Graviton v.2.0, the code to transfer data *229*PIN*Volume of MB*MSISDN#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:48am On Jul 01, 2014
Ashigolo: Hello all, please help check my documents as I prepare to get my visa tomorrow by God's grace.

PRIMARY DOCUMENTS
International passport
I-20
sevis receipt
GTB visa fee receipt
ds-160 confirmation page
visa appointment confirmation
5 x 5 passport photograph

FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS
Sponsor's bank statement
Sponsor's bank letter
Sponsorship letter printed on sponsor's company letter head (stamped and signed)

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
School's admission letter (MS Mathematics)
TAship appointment letter
BSc Certificate (Mathematics)
Associate certificate (NCE)(Computer/Maths)
BSC transcript
NCE transcript
Letter of appointment from work
GRE and TOEFL results
NYSC certificate
High school certificate
Work ID Card

And most importantly God's favour

You are good to go!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:49am On Jul 01, 2014
slimmy05: Graviton v.2.0, the code to transfer data *229*PIN*Volume of MB*MSISDN#

Alright, Slimmy. I have been a bad boy with that data. God forgive me!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 01, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Alright, Slimmy. I have been a bad boy with that data. God forgive me!
cheesy I just wish I can transfer from my data. I don't even get browse much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 8:00am On Jul 01, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

You are good to go!
Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idee91: 8:00am On Jul 01, 2014
goodmoring all, graviton, zeezahbee, calmdown, walspring, olumide, juntod, slimmy05, and all other guru's in d haus. av bin following dis thread 4 some time naw, & u guys are doing a nice jahb. I'm about applying to some skulls in u.s, to study financial mgt(graduate study), i need clarifications on the exams to rite, i know of toefle, but which am i to write amongst gre and gmat?.... And i also if possible, need materials... And pls, u could recomend skulls 2(especialy dos dat gives fundin). Tenk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 8:05am On Jul 01, 2014
slimmy05: cheesy I just wish I can transfer from my data. I don't even get browse much

True to God? Is it that you don't know sites to visit? shocked

Check out African comedians' videos: Chief Obi and dontjealousme, you will laugh-cry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 8:15am On Jul 01, 2014
idee91: goodmoring all, graviton, zeezahbee, calmdown, walspring, olumide, juntod, slimmy05, and all other guru's in d haus. av bin following dis thread 4 some time naw, & u guys are doing a nice jahb. I'm about applying to some skulls in u.s, to study financial mgt(graduate study), i need clarifications on the exams to rite, i know of toefle, but which am i to write amongst gre and gmat?.... And i also if possible, need materials... And pls, u could recomend skulls 2(especialy dos dat gives fundin). Tenk

Sup, Idee91.

You can take any one of those exams. Since you are going for finance management in the masters level, GMAT would be more likely to meet your demand because it is an exam created mainly as a criteria to get in business schools and management courses. GRE on the other hand, also applies to a lesser extend, but it usually preferred by schools. For materials please send a blank email to selfstudy@gmail.com.

Check out Howard university, University of Texas, Brown university. These are the universities I know that pride themselves in taking a majority of business students on funding. Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 01, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

True to God? Is it that you don't know sites to visit? shocked

Check out African comedians' videos: Chief Obi and dontjealousme, you will laugh-cry.
With which time cry. The plenty work load on my neck both home and work ehn. sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 8:25am On Jul 01, 2014
slimmy05: With which time cry. The plenty work load on my neck both home and work ehn. sad

Chai! E go better. You will have all the time you need in the States, go and collect your visa abeg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 01, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Chai! E go better. You will have all the time you need in the States, go and collect your visa abeg.
Yeah. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:33am On Jul 01, 2014
idee91: goodmoring all, graviton, zeezahbee, calmdown, walspring, olumide, juntod, slimmy05, and all other guru's in d haus. av bin following dis thread 4 some time naw, & u guys are doing a nice jahb. I'm about applying to some skulls in u.s, to study financial mgt(graduate study), i need clarifications on the exams to rite, i know of toefle, but which am i to write amongst gre and gmat?.... And i also if possible, need materials... And pls, u could recomend skulls 2(especialy dos dat gives fundin). Tenk

GMAT will be better for you since some schools do not accept GRE for your field (few schools though). As for list of schools, Graviton has listed a few, but do a little search on your own. Navigate on this link http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings . Please do not narrow your search to the first page.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dimmy08: 8:34am On Jul 01, 2014
olumide098: My appointment was exactly 6.30 am, Believe me that i was unable to sleep all through the night because i still believe that am not fully prepare especially when NL was completely down for 3 days to my interview date. Just arranging my files and documents. I took a taxi from Lekki down to Water Carrington, but unfortunately the Cab took me down to the venue and along the line he was arrested which i felt so bad. i waited and i gave him small amount of money so that the man wont curse me. exactly 7 am. they started arranging us. i quickly join the queue and i chose number 5. they now arrange the number in series..meaning you will definitely know where your digit gonna fall. i knew that counter 1 will definitely get to my turn coz it started from 001 to 005, She refused 001-003 and approve 004 which happened to be a guy from Nairaland......here it goes...I quickly sat at the back to ease tension coz facing the VO directly atimes can bring pressure...

Me: Good morning Madam
Vo: Good morning, put your finger on the machine which i did. the first question she asked.....
Vo: Why the school? Apart from the unique tradition excellence of the school since 1898....Vo cut in and said am saying nonsense that she couldn't comprehend what am trying to tell her ooo...she reframe the question again
Vo-Why did you choose this school? what inspire you? Me-I told her sharply that, the school was highly ranked by Usnews and world report to be among the 49 best national universities, The faculty ratio is 13:1 which will facilitate easy access to lecturer to discuss and brainstorm on some difficult courses, Also have spoken with Professor Joseph Griffin which have read his journal publication title" Managing life cycle of a project" which encompasses cost of execution of projects, method of reporting and metrics adopted to excel in project managing. ( she gave me quality time to express my points)
Vo-why this course project management? Me-When i come back to Nigeria, it has been detailed in my study leave letter that after the completion of my program that i will be implementation manager overseeing Airtel Account, Mtn Account, Globalcom Account.....Vo cut in? Please what did you study in your undergraduate? I quickly said Bsc in Accounting? why project management ? Ma, having elementary background from Accounting perspective, in the area of finances, Project Mgt will assist me to be proactive in the area of monitoring projects end to end, calculating risk involves on embarking on such projects and finally it will assist me to adopt metrics in the execution of projects. (Note always make reference to your course contents, it will assist you to talk more.......
Vo- When did you finished your Degree? 2009, Vo-which school? University of ilorin, Vo- what have you been doing since 2009? i can see her face on her computer looking at my ds160...Me- i served at PH as an Account officer in bursary dept, 2010-2011 i worked with mbhs and also worked with Aklab international services....vo asked which year? i said Jan-May 2012. Vo-when did you joined your present company. Me- I joined my company June 6 2012 as a commercial manager, 2 years ma. Vo- what are your duties? Me- i detailed out the whole 5 i filled on my ds160
Vo- Are you sponsoring yourself? Me- No my dad
Vo- what does he do? He retired from NNPC as a senior manager and now owns oil and gas company
Vo- who are his client? Oando, Zenon, Majok etc
Vo- How do you intend paying for your school tuition fee because this school is highly expensive? yes i know, but the quality of education there too is on the high side that will boost my career in life, meanwhile am working as well and i earned lucrative salary to support my dad
Vo- how many are you in your family? just three Ma, what is your position? last born. what about the remaining two of your brothers? one worked with NNPC as a field Engineer while the other one worked with Airtel Nigeria.
Vo- Is this the only school you apply to? No Madam, I applied to 4 schools, Vo-name them...Me...Troy University, Saint Joseph and MSU.
she brought out a white paper and circle it that go to this address and pick up your Visa.

Note: Secret about my success story today....do not be in haste in filling your ds160, choose course you can defend and talk more about it. always be at alert in answering VO and applying brian in every question atleast to show VO that you have nothing to do in USA than to school and come back home to Nigeria. Put God first, fast and always observe who you discuss your awaiting success with.
During your discussion with VO, if there is a need to express what can boost your chances pls make it know to them, do not present documents unnecessary, they believe in eyes contact and boldness. go to the embassy with indifference mind and ease your mind. Be bold, be confident in yourself and be vigilant. Only documents i presented to her was just my GRE..she didnt asked for it but i just feel like showing her coz i was like why this woman didnt demand for any documents, meanwhile she requested from those 3 ladies.
Thanks to Almighty God for the success story, I will always be grateful to Anthony mighty, Amefrica, i-pledge, slimmy,c-temi, Joseph adeyeye for the wonderful prayer, bimbola098, Walspring, Rasheed,streetmic etc for their support in actualizin my Dream...May Almighty God bless all of you for me.

congrat bro..this is soo cool...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by saisbury10: 8:40am On Jul 01, 2014
@gravit pls send me PM cuz I need to ask you some stuff
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 8:43am On Jul 01, 2014
Morning House. I am new to this group or section. I hv read alot on this section and I am impressed. GOD bless you all. I am going for my MBA(Marketing Management) in Liberty University Virginia for fall semester. I hv received my I-20 and also booked my visa appointment and in 20days frm now. I dont wanna be a spy anymore. Pls feel free to ask me any question or questions. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 8:52am On Jul 01, 2014
saisbury10: @gravit pls send me PM cuz I need to ask you some stuff

Replied, sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 8:56am On Jul 01, 2014
goldenchic: Morning House. I am new to this group or section. I hv read alot on this section and I am impressed. GOD bless you all. I am going for my MBA(Marketing Management) in Liberty University Virginia for fall semester. I hv received my I-20 and also booked my visa appointment and in 20days frm now. I dont wanna be a spy anymore. Pls feel free to ask me any question or questions. Thank you

Well, this is not the approach we usually get in here. It goes thus, you ask your questions and you will get answers. Not the other way around, ma'am.

Congratulations on your admission. That school is not a red flag to the best of my knowledge.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (501)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.