Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,953 members, 7,915,793 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:35 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (459601 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 02, 2014
TheDim, you better cancel that appointment and save your 27,200 and outright denial. You better email the school and have them resend another i-20 for you via private courier so it could get to you asap.

Please, I beg you in the name whatever God you serve, don't go to the embassy with a printed copy of i-20. Cancel the appointment, when you get the new i-20, schedule appointment and use the emergency apointment. They will honour it as you have a cogent reason.

Let's get feedback from you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 02, 2014
Visa...visa..visa..visa..transcript everywhere..3 visas granted today..two in lagos,one in Abuja..
Imperioux,bring 2crates of beer coz you go share beer tire today..
Happy,for you boyz..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 02, 2014
slimmy05: TheDim, you better cancel that appointment and save your 27,200 and outright denial. You better email the school and have them resend another i-20 for you via private courier so it could get to you asap.

Please, I beg you in the name whatever God you serve, don't go to the embassy with a printed copy of i-20. Cancel the appointment, when you get the new i-20, schedule appointment and use the emergency apointment. They will honour it as you have a cogent reason.

Slimmy05,well said bother..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 9:50am On Jul 02, 2014
Doctoroma: Am happy 4 u bro! Congrats! It was nice having u pass d night @ ma place & i hope mosquitoe didnt bite u. Morale booster! God will grant all others too!
lol..thank you so much bro, I really enjoyed my stay. It was indeed a lovely experience passing the night in unilag and in a doctor's room for that matter. Others will get theirs too by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 02, 2014
I swear our set of fall 2014..get luck pass!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:52am On Jul 02, 2014
juntod:

Complain to your school. Have them resend another copy via TNT, FedEx, DHL etc. You can still get it within 5 working days.

I concur with this, I don't think it will make sense to the VO if you take the photocopy of you i-20 to the embassy.
I think your best bet is to contact your school aSAP, tell them what happened and send another money to them to send your i-20 to you aSAP.. I-20 takes only 1week before getting to nigeria.
Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 02, 2014
domex007:

I concur with this, I don't think it will make sense to the VO if you take the photocopy of you i-20 to the embassy.
I think your best bet is to contact your school aSAP, tell them what happened and send another money to them to send your i-20 to you aSAP.. I-20 takes only 1week before getting to nigeria.
Good luck
Fedex will take 48hrs to your doorstep sef..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Bimmey(m): 10:02am On Jul 02, 2014
congrat to Ashigolo, unnamdi n feexo... Plenty good news still ahead...enjoy obamaland

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 10:08am On Jul 02, 2014
Dot1: Congratz to one of my beloved brothers on this thread Ashigolo for his VISA Approval
Thanks bro..I wish u success in advance in yours too.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 10:09am On Jul 02, 2014
stevecrun: Fedex will take 48hrs to your doorstep sef..

Take it easy. It has never worked that fast for international delivery.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 10:11am On Jul 02, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Jesus! Three visas and counting...

Congratulations, Ashigolo!
Thanks my brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 10:14am On Jul 02, 2014
juntod:

48-72 hours! Depends on your local FedEx carrier
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 02, 2014
juntod:

must you attack everybody here?I have a reason why i said 48hrs..maximum of 72hrs cos ive used Federal express before,not for my i20 but for another delivery from the United States and one again from England..precisely from Manchester City FC store..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by genxris: 10:21am On Jul 02, 2014
I need advice .. I filled my ds-60 form last week & while doing so I entered d sevis number of my previous i-20form (which I used 2years ago) as my sevis no and after I submitted d form I noticed that the sevis no written in the i-20 my uncle scanned to me is not same with d one I used (it's same skol though). Also my second problem is that I got august 28 as my interview date while my skol resumes august 25th. So I applied for expedited/emergency interview date and uploaded my i-20form as a back up. My worry is that when I applied for d emergency date,there was a space for filling in tentative travel date ...I wanted to write 1/8/14 but didn't calculate well and wrote 1/7/14. (This happened on 28/7/14) although in the space for a brief explanation I wrote out d dates and months correctly as it should be). I haven't gotten any response/email on weather my application is accepted or denied uptil now. Please guys what do u think about my story?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 10:21am On Jul 02, 2014
slimmy05: Unnamdi79, congratz bro. Enjoy your stay
thanks bro,go pick up yours soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:22am On Jul 02, 2014
slimmy05: TheDim, you better cancel that appointment and save your 27,200 and outright denial. You better email the school and have them resend another i-20 for you via private courier so it could get to you asap.

Well said..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 10:24am On Jul 02, 2014
am so happy for you guyz for the Good news. May God bless you all and pls do not forget Naija when u get to obamaland..a friend told me that after USA na Heaven..lol

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 10:25am On Jul 02, 2014
juntod:

I got mine in 3working days

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 02, 2014
unnamdi79: Finally,all glory to God..a big thanks to all of you,slimmyt,graviton,imperioux,zeezah,xron,streetmic,rijo all of you infact...my visa was granted this morning at abuja embassy.Transcript coming soon
congrats my brothers on your visas..happy for all of you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:27am On Jul 02, 2014
genxris: I need advice .. I filled my ds-60 form last week & while doing so I entered d sevis number of my previous i-20form (which I used 2years ago) as my sevis no and after I submitted d form I noticed that the sevis no written in the i-20 my uncle scanned to me is not same with d one I used (it's same skol though). Also my second problem is that I got august 28 as my interview date while my skol resumes august 25th. So I applied for expedited/emergency interview date and uploaded my i-20form as a back up. My worry is that when I applied for d emergency date,there was a space for filling in tentative travel date ...I wanted to write 1/8/14 but didn't calculate well and wrote 1/7/14. (This happened on 28/7/14) although in the space for a brief explanation I wrote out d dates and months correctly as it should be). I haven't gotten any response/email on weather my application is accepted or denied uptil now. Please guys what do u think about my story?

Firstly, are you for abuja? If yes, I think abuja is really booked up, why not try reschedulling to lagos.
Secondly, I am sure there is a way you can fill another ds160 and update the confirmation number or barcode..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:28am On Jul 02, 2014
genxris: I need advice .. I filled my ds-60 form last week & while doing so I entered d sevis number of my previous i-20form (which I used 2years ago) as my sevis no and after I submitted d form I noticed that the sevis no written in the i-20 my uncle scanned to me is not same with d one I used (it's same skol though). Also my second problem is that I got august 28 as my interview date while my skol resumes august 25th. So I applied for expedited/emergency interview date and uploaded my i-20form as a back up. My worry is that when I applied for d emergency date,there was a space for filling in tentative travel date ...I wanted to write 1/8/14 but didn't calculate well and wrote 1/7/14. (This happened on 28/7/14) although in the space for a brief explanation I wrote out d dates and months correctly as it should be). I haven't gotten any response/email on weather my application is accepted or denied uptil now. Please guys what do u think about my story?

Firstly, are you for abuja? If yes, I think abuja is really booked up, why not try reschedulling to lagos.
Secondly, I am sure there is a way you can fill another ds160 and update ur sevis number.
I stand to be corrected for I am still a learner, lool.
Good luck bro.
My $0.02..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 02, 2014
Everybody is heading for Abuja..We should have it in our minds to seek the face of God and know that it's not the venue..
If it's written that you'll be given visa you will..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:37am On Jul 02, 2014
stevecrun: must you attack everybody here?I have a reason why i said 48hrs..maximum of 72hrs cos ive used Federal express before,not for my i20 but for another delivery from the United States and one again from England..precisely from Manchester City FC store..

Stevecrun, you have time to be replying every quote abi? Some quotes don't deserve a reply; just keep scrolling and ignore.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:39am On Jul 02, 2014
xron: Everybody is heading for Abuja..We should have it in our minds to seek the face of God and know that it's not the venue..
If it's written that you'll be given visa you will..

Sure tin..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:40am On Jul 02, 2014
Where is Joebelly91 and Annabee? angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 02, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Stevecrun, you have time to be replying every quote abi? Some quotes don't deserve a reply; just keep scrolling and ignore.
abi..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:43am On Jul 02, 2014
stevecrun: abi..

You should know what's up. Have you read your daily devotional?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 10:43am On Jul 02, 2014
Visa granted this morning at abuja...the interview was for 7:30am and I got there by 6:00am.. By 7:15am we were called in and then the biometrics. The first woman got her visa approved with her two children,the second person was denied,the third person was denied and I was the fourth,just then another VO stepped in and called for me.
Me:Good morning ma'am
VO:Good morning,where in US have you been?

MesadI didn't hear her very well)yes, I've been to the US before
VO:where in the US?
Me:texas,maryland

VO:have any family in the US?
Me:no

VO:what programme are you going for?
Me:pre-medical studies

VO:OK,who will sponsor you?
Me:my dad

VO:what does he do?
Me:he's a permanent secretary retired but he's now into agriculture

VO:ok,you're going for an associate degree?
Me:yes

VO:what will you do after your studies?
Me:I'll transfer to a university to get my bachelors then move into medical school to become a medical doctor proper.

VO:how did you know about this school?
Me:it was one of the places I visited while I was in the US and after much research on them,I found out that the student to faculty ratio is 25:1(though I wasn't sure) and that will in turn make me closer to my professors

VO:fine,when did you graduate from secondary school?
Me:2012

VO: you have your waec?let me see it
Me:hands it over..

VO:ok,you visa will be ready for pick up on friday..
Me:thanks
As I was about leaving,she called me back,I almost fainted,and she said "sorry your visa will be ready on monday,friday is a public holiday"..she kept typing and looking at her screen...I was so confident that I wasn't scared...just pray and be confident and you'll get your visa..out of all my documents,just my waec was asked for

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 02, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:
Where is Joebelly91 and Annabee? angry
as slimmy05 will always say..he might be in the romance thread..no offence Joe.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:44am On Jul 02, 2014
juntod:

You have a big problem here. Kindly request for another I-20 from your school. Your I-20 cannot indicate personal funds and you are presenting mum and airline to the VO. At least get an I-20 that has your mum (Family) and then explain the airline sponsorship verbally to the VO.

Mehn, this oversea shit is getting very annoying. I've emailed my school,havnt gotten a reply. Its all very tiring.
Lemme hear from school then i'll know what to do.
Thanks @juntod
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:46am On Jul 02, 2014
@those that just got their visas approved, please I have been refreshing the page for your transcript.. Abeg anxiety is killing me ooo...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:48am On Jul 02, 2014
stevecrun: as slimmy05 will always say..he might be in the romance thread..no offence Joe.

Make him catch you first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.