Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,055 members, 7,916,069 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 02:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (459609 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Green120: 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2014
juntod:

So sorry bro. This is really a difficult situation. I can only guess that the problem started from you all applying at the same time. She would have applied alone since yourself and the kids back home would have been a very strong home tie. Joining her after a couple of months would have been easier. Again, daycare in the US is very expensive. Approval rate for a full time student visa for a woman with a toddler is really very low. I really have no suggestion for now. I will revisit the case once I have ideas. *All hope not lost*
thanks man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2014
Green120: Hello house, i need your help.
I have Been a silent follower and read through all the post.
My wife, myself and my two kids ages 3yrs and the other 7 months,applied for a student visa, my wife was the main applicant while myself and the kids applied for f2 but we applied at the same time as she did and our visas where denied,the VO only gave her a paper stating she didn't have any strong ties back home and the only question asked was why did you pick this school.

She reapplied immediately and went for interview today with just my 7month old baby and she said all the VO asked her was how will you pay for your studies which she answered that I was going to pay for her, he asked her again what I do and she said I own my company and that I am also into landed properties,
VO how will you cope with your child
She answered that she will enroll her in a day care

VO how will you pay for the day care
She answered my husband will

VO why did you choose this school( roosevelt university)
She said as she was about answering, she had only said the school has a good academic reputation the the VO cut her short and said by who
She said usnews.com

VO what does the school rank in the usnews ranking
She said 77 in the region

VO why didn't you go for other ones that are ranked higher
She said she needed a school that is affordable as well

VO is cost a problem and she said no

Only for him to bring out a blue paper and handed it to her saying am sorry you do not qualify for bla bla bla

Kindly advice

Hey, sorry for turning your home ties into nightmare. It's quite unfortunate. I think you guys didn't study visa categories and its demands very well before heading to the embassy. Success doesn't come over night. You have to work for it. Infact, going abroad should be one after another and not the family going at once for non-immigrants visa. It's like you guys are running away. This is what the VO would be thinking. Honestly, these guys are well-trained and do not want desperate people. But we have numerous VOs here who can make your dreams come through. Be part of our community first so as to learn some strategies. A loser today can be a winner tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2014
Tochium: The pleasure is mine. How far with ur visa parole?

Not too far bro and its in God's hand and he will surely give it to me...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2014
juntod:

If your mother has enough money in her account, I will suggest you front her as your sponsor and further explain to the VO that upon discussing with your employer (airline) about your decision to resign and further your education, they were very impressed and offered to take full responsibility as they will be needing your services after your degree (This hammers on home tie as well).

Im using my mom as my primary sponsor...
Please note that I do not work in an airline company,i work in my mom's company. The airline sponsorship I got was just a venture I tried and it payed off tremendously.
I got that sponsorship as part of the company's local content initiative where they help young and aspiring pilots who will eventually work in their company after the training.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2014
juntod:

If your mother has enough money in her account, I will suggest you front her as your sponsor and further explain to the VO that upon discussing with your employer (airline) about your decision to resign and further your education, they were very impressed and offered to take full responsibility as they will be needing your services after your degree (This hammers on home tie as well).

Please note that I do not work in an airline company,i work in my mom's company. The airline sponsorship I got was just a venture I tried and it payed off tremendously.
I got that sponsorship as part of the company's local content initiative where they help young and aspiring pilots who will eventually work in their company after the training.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 02, 2014
The case would have been different if the guy is going for a PhD and wants the family to join him on F2.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
slimmy05: The case would have been different if the guy is going for a PhD and wants the family to join him on F2.
Absolutely.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2014
@jundon, slimmy, gravinton, walspring and odas....thk u so much 4d words of encoragmt, i ll try to go by ur words. GOD Bles nairalanders

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Green120: 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
Joenice: Hey, sorry for turning your home ties into nightmare. It's quite unfortunate. I think you guys didn't study visa categories and its demands very well before heading to the embassy. Success doesn't come over night. You have to work for it. Infact, going abroad should be one after another and not the family going at once for non-immigrants visa. It's like you guys are running away. This is what the VO would be thinking. Honestly, these guys are well-trained and do not want desperate people. But we have numerous VOs here who can make your dreams come through. Be part of our community first so as to learn some strategies. A loser today can be a winner tomorrow.

Really nice I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2014
Stewee:

Perfectly understood. You have no problem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2014
Stewee:

Bimbola no vex ooo
These things can be complicating some times.
My mom's statement is what I've been using since for processing all my documents. It wasn't until recently the airline company decided to sponsor and give me a job when I return.
Please any inputs or suggestions or contributions or clarifications will be appreciated. Thank You!!!

Bro,I no dey vex oo. My ogas don give you more than enough advice. smiley

Go collect your visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 9:46pm On Jul 02, 2014
Sorry, I Later saw dat twas treated. aws prep 4 ur trip?
bimbola85:

I advised him based on the information he supplied and forgot to ask him whose bank statement he sent for the issuance of his I-20.

I decided not to say more when I've seen enough people advising him. I'm surprised you even quoted me when the op himself didn't.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by xteemd01: 9:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
Green120: Hello house, i need your help.
I have Been a silent follower and read through all the post.
My wife, myself and my two kids ages 3yrs and the other 7 months,applied for a student visa, my wife was the main applicant while myself and the kids applied for f2 but we applied at the same time as she did and our visas where denied,the VO only gave her a paper stating she didn't have any strong ties back home and the only question asked was why did you pick this school.

She reapplied immediately and went for interview today with just my 7month old baby and she said all the VO asked her was how will you pay for your studies which she answered that I was going to pay for her, he asked her again what I do and she said I own my company and that I am also into landed properties,
VO how will you cope with your child
She answered that she will enroll her in a day care

VO how will you pay for the day care
She answered my husband will

VO why did you choose this school( roosevelt university)
She said as she was about answering, she had only said the school has a good academic reputation the the VO cut her short and said by who
She said usnews.com

VO what does the school rank in the usnews ranking
She said 77 in the region

VO why didn't you go for other ones that are ranked higher
She said she needed a school that is affordable as well

VO is cost a problem and she said no

Only for him to bring out a blue paper and handed it to her saying am sorry you do not qualify for bla bla bla

Kindly advice

Obviously, every1 seems to be ignoring the fact that your wife is still a nursing mother. How do you combine taking care of an infant baby with educatn?? That's gonna be super-herculean.I would personally recommend you stayed away frm d embassy fr d time being......Plus I dnt rly knw ur wife's profile but I think her chances will be upped if her reasons for d M.SC degree is career-oriented and d VO will definitely be more convinced if the company she works for is d 1 sponsoring her and she has an assured higher position than she currently occupies to assume upon d completion of her degree abroad. And she can say her family ll always come visiting once she has found her foothold abroad....

Note: d 7 month baby needs to grow up to like age 3 or 5 since she has been involved in d framework and her existence cnt be withheld.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 9:51pm On Jul 02, 2014
ur number not connecting all day
Graviton v.2.0.:

I will be very direct with you.

She has to go alone for now, you and the kids can join her later if need be. An entire family leaving the country just because a member wants to go for a degree doesn't sound too convincing nor is it logical.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 10:03pm On Jul 02, 2014
Things am reading for my interview: My Bible, Wikipedia, My school's site, My Ds160 and my Copy of olumide's Transcript. grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
streetMic: ur number not connecting all day

Been having issues.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:12pm On Jul 02, 2014
streetMic: Things am reading for my interview: My Bible, Wikipedia, My school's site, My Ds160 and my Copy of olumide's Transcript. grin

Lmao! *faints* StreetMic, please allow the guy to live it down.

The Rhapsody of reality daily devotional.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 10:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
streetMic: Things am reading for my interview: My Bible, Wikipedia, My school's site, My Ds160 and my Copy of olumide's Transcript. grin

Hope u've digested it as advised

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 10:25pm On Jul 02, 2014
streetMic: Sorry, I Later saw dat twas treated. aws prep 4 ur trip?

Ok no p. Preparation dey go small small.

I dey reply ur pm bt guess U no dey see am.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by coobboy(m): 10:38pm On Jul 02, 2014
Ashigolo: I claim it ooo..my interview will be in a couple of days though.
Congrats mr ashigolo.....my prophecy came to past.... I should open a church :d
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 10:50pm On Jul 02, 2014
tot as much...fixed? wah really de issue maybe my technical DIY recommendations may help
Graviton v.2.0.:

Been having issues.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 10:53pm On Jul 02, 2014
Congratulations to all the Nairalanders who recently got their student visas! Na beta tins we go dey hear for here o smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 10:53pm On Jul 02, 2014
regurgitating some cos i Nor gallant to digest all o.

juntod:

Hope u've digested it as advised
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
Hello house, wanna ask some questions. Can a person who finished WAEC since 2004 apply for an undergraduate degree? What amount can a person have in his account before he can sponsor himself? Is 27 years too old to apply for a BBC? And what are the necessary Exams and documents I need to submit?. Thanks and God bless as I await your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 10:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
Yeah...NL still doing shiii

bimbola85:

Ok no p. Preparation dey go small small.

I dey reply ur pm bt guess U no dey see am.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 11:06pm On Jul 02, 2014
nicholls2013: Hello house, wanna ask some questions. Can a person who finished WAEC since 2004 apply for an undergraduate degree? What amount can a person have in his account before he can sponsor himself? Is 27 years too old to apply for a BBC? And what are the necessary Exams and documents I need to submit?. Thanks and God bless as I await your response.

If You can comfortably define what(Productive) you'v bin doing since 2004 after ur waec, No Particular amount...just have something reasable above what is stated on your i20, as a self sponsor, you may also need to show alot of home tie, i.e business establishments, heavy inheritance or High net-worth assets. 27 is cool if u can defend the two former. for underG u will need to sit for SAT and if possible TOEFL. but w8 a minute, do u have a Bachelors degree Cert? if yes, your best shot will be a masters degree.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 11:34pm On Jul 02, 2014
House my uncle wants to apply for a B1 visa. What document does he need, what kind of questions would be asked, note: His going to buy trucks and some big cars from the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ProfEze: 11:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
Doctoroma: Congrats bro! Are u a member of MFM H/qtrs youth church,Unilag?

I attend a different church but belief so much in MFM MInistries. I always attend the Wednesday Revival unless I am out of the country!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:26am On Jul 03, 2014
exxy: House my uncle wants to apply for a B1 visa. What document does he need, what kind of questions would be asked, note: His going to buy trucks and some big cars from the US.

I don't think this is the right place to ask that question, post that question in the appropriate thread. This thread is for F1 (student) visas only.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:27am On Jul 03, 2014
streetMic: tot as much...fixed? wah really de issue maybe my technical DIY recommendations may help

I'm all set and ready to rumble!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 12:33am On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

I don't think this is the right place to ask that question, post that question in the appropriate thread. This thread is for F1 (student) visas only.

Ok thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by smartguy1759: 12:46am On Jul 03, 2014
Ashigolo: I thank the Almighty God who made everything possible for me. I thank every member of this thread who have been there for me right from the early stage of the application process.

I slept in a friend's room (@doctoroma) at henry carr hostel, unilag postgraduate school, woke up at 3:15 and join a cab at unilag gate at exactly 4:25. I got to the embassy too early (4:45) and had to wait at the gate b4 it was finally opened at 5:15. At 6:00am, we were checked in, documents were checked and we finally landed in the consulate building where I got the number A003. My number flashed at counter 14, did the biometrics, primary documents were collected and I was asked to wait for my number to flash again. We waited for like 15 minutes b4 the VOs came around and the main interview started. Several applicants were interviewd b4 me, some accepted and some denied, I was so nervous but I kept my cool. Finally my number (A003) flashed at window 6 and I moved straight to the VO, a male in his early or late 40s I think. The interview lasted for like 1mins, this is how it went down

Me: Good morning sir, hw was your night
VO: fine thank you, how are you today
VO: you are Ashimi ...
me: yes sir
vo: I can see you are going for a master's degree in mathematics
vo: do you write SAT (i quickly corrected him that its gre)
vo: can i see your score card
me: i quickly gave him, he checked and returned
vo: what is your last degree and from which sch
me: mathematics from lagos state university (LASU)
vo: can i see your certificate
me: I gave it to him, he checked for some seconds and confirmd
the authenticity
vo: I can see you have an assitanship, in what form
me: its a teaching assistanship sir
vo: what will you do with your MS degree
me: I will come back to Nigeria to become a researcher and a college professor in computational mathematics.
vo: so who will pay for the rest
me: my dad
vo: what does he so
me: he is an aviation consultant for airlines and nigeria airforce
vo: your visa has been approved, pick it up at dhl V.I

it was simply God's favour, only gre and my BSc certificate were checked. No questions like why are u goin 2 US, hw many schs did u apply to, he didnt even ask me the name of the sch. I only made sure i maintaind eye contact with the VO all through th process I spoke confidently. All the same, it was God.

Thank you so much once again and to those that are yet to go for their interview, I wish u all success.

Sorry about the errors, I'm stucked in trafic along badagry express road, so I used my phone to type.
Cheers!
bro congrats mehn! I was thinking it's tomorrow sha. Nice one! Welcome to the league of MEN! I hope you know this is Parker tho...I have not been here in ages but I had to drop this for my guy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.