Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,027 members, 7,966,786 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:25 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (461750 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DadaOluwabunmi: 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hello! Pls, I already sent a blank mail to selfstudy@gmail.com for Gre materials, hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks!
Graviton v.2.0.:

Sup, Idee91.

You can take any one of those exams. Since you are going for finance management in the masters level, GMAT would be more likely to meet your demand because it is an exam created mainly as a criteria to get in business schools and management courses. GRE on the other hand, also applies to a lesser extend, but it usually preferred by schools. For materials please send a blank email to selfstudy@gmail.com.

Check out Howard university, University of Texas, Brown university. These are the universities I know that pride themselves in taking a majority of business students on funding. Good luck.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
slimmy05: myopic. What made you feel when you're interviewed they document what you say by typing. They most times cross check and confirm the authenticity if what you filled in your ds160 and also your intentions to return if you actually show a good tie. A friend of mine went for interview and told the VO his dad is a banker, he went bank and told the VO the 2nd interview his dad works for an oil and gas firm, if his earlier speech was taken down. He should get a ban. If you don't document anything with the embassy, dude forget it, its just a hearsay.

sorry to ask, did the get later get visa with the bold at end of the day? because someone once asked me about changing sponsor's job
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Dada Oluwabunmi: Hello! Pls, I already sent a blank mail to selfstudy@gmail.com for Gre materials, hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks!

Kindly send empty/blank message to selfstudy360@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
I'd like to know:

if one's school is resuming on the 21st of August and the student arrives the US on the 22nd, will the student face any problems at the POE?

Note: the date on his I-20 reads 21st August, 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
Walspring:

sorry to ask, did the get later get visa with the bold at end of the day? because someone once asked me about changing sponsor's job

Of course you can change anything you supplied orally. What they type is just remarks about your responses. E.g, Unconvincing reason for choosing Bleep, home ties is convincing, doesn't meet financial requirements, etc. There is no way they can type what you are telling them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
juntod:

Of course you can change anything you supplied orally. What they type is just remarks about your responses. E.g, Unconvincing reason for choosing Bleep, home ties is convincing, doesn't meet financial requirements, etc. There is no way they can type what you are telling them.

Ok.... Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:
I'd like to know:

if one's school is resuming on the 21st of August and the student arrives the US on the 22nd, will the student face any problems at the POE?

Of course POE will ask you question why coming late... Just defend yourself or give a good reason like maybe delay of flight... But it depend on you and what you want to give as excuse
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by thibcyrain: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
olumide098:
i dont think dere is any school without admission stress,u can tell him to try south dakota state university,for his case u will need good SAT scores in MATHS and VERBAL

thanks...the guy want to major

Commerce-D7
Financial Accounting- C5
Econs-B3
Govt- C6
Lit in English- C6
English - C6
Maths- B3
Biology- B3

please want school that wont ask for TOEFL from him and also admission stress free
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idee91: 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2014
juntod:

Is that 3.88 on a 4.0 scale or 5.0? There is no particular score for funding. He should only put in all effort to perform excellently. Availability of funds will also play a great role. Has he done Msc or wants to apply for Phd directly from Bsc?
the 3.88 is on 5.0 scale... and he has don his msc... currently lecturing at uni ilorin sef... tenks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2014
idee91: the 3.88 is on 5.0 scale... and he has don his msc... currently lecturing at uni ilorin sef... tenks

OK you mean the 3.88 is cgpa for msc?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:
I'd like to know:

Its a problem but if you have an email conversation from your school asking you to come without deferring to the next sem, you are good to go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
Walspring:

Of course POE will ask you question why coming late... Just defend yourself or give a good reason like maybe delay of flight... But it depend on you and what you want to give as excuse

That means I'll have to book closer. how about the 18th of august?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 5:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ctemi: @bbdd, did the 1300 include postage stamp?

Which one is postage stamp? .. She handled those ones herself.
Everything is 1300 and theyll give you a tracking number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
juntod:

Its a problem but if you have an email conversation from your school asking you to come without deferring to the next sem, you are good to go.

The school is resuming on the 21st, but classes are not starting on that day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:
I'd like to know:

Don't take unnecessary risks, there is still a lot of time.. Request for an extension letter from the school stating your reason. Most schools email you the letter and all you have to do is print.

and yes, bookin closer is advisable.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
McKinzie:

Don't take unnecessary risks, there is still a lot of time.. Request for an extension letter from the school stating your reason. Most schools email you the letter and all you have to do is print.

and yes, bookin closer is advisable.. grin

The prices are damn high!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
Joenice: It's not provided that they take some time off to galvanize cheesy i'm just fine and you? Hope you're doing good. You seem to argue smartly and I like it cheesy
I'm fine too. cheesy I'm taking that as a compliment. Thanks much, sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

The school is resuming on the 21st, but classes are not starting on that day.

Yes, that is why they can issue you an extension letter which can be presented at POE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:
I'd like to know:

He's going to have issues, let him get an extension letter!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

just mail ur school and explain everything to them...they will give u a letter which u will present @ the point of entry if they ask u questions about it... my sis did d same back in 2012...she couldn't resume due to personal family issues and the school gave her an extension letter which she presented @ d point of entry...ur school might b different.. but just try
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
juntod:

cry cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
Walspring:

STAMPED

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idee91: 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
juntod:

OK you mean the 3.88 is cgpa for msc?
No o.... its for his bsc...I dont tink msc is graded like dat ... And plss, whats the easiest way to appply for d exams (toefl, gre, gmat)... and the prices, plus the venues for d exams... (sorrie o we still be novice) bear wit us
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

you are right the prices will be high now..as the weeks draw by..because people love travelling these period all over the world.

The prices drop drastically by winter from december through March mostly when travelling to places that snowy(Spring students take note to book your flight travelling tickets from November..very cheap..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
stevecrun: you are right the prices will be high now..as the weeks draw by..because people love travelling these period all over the world.

The prices drop drastically by winter from december through March mostly when travelling to places that snowy(Spring students take note to book your flight travelling tickets from November..very cheap..

Eff up!

I've reserved a flight, that extension letter is the thing holding me back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Temmysteel: 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
Applying for US Visa through a conference or seminar,please i need clue on what to know and how the interview used to look like...Thanks for your contribution
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
Amefrica: Me is fine oo, our thread don follow whirlwind comot. grin

Chief, I have been trying to get in contact with u. I am new on this thread but I have been an ardent follower. I have ga post and a tuition waiver but got accepted into only one state university. I have been denied before. What are my chances? Have u gotten your visa?

My gre is poor 310/340
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Eff up!

I've reserved a flight, that extension letter is the thing holding me back.
ask your school..no school will ever decline a student's request for an extension..give them your reasons..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by electronic(m): 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
Walspring:

Kindly send empty/blank message to selfstudy360@gmail.com

ALERT!!!GRE MATERIAL UPDATE!!
best of luck
[url]
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_JxGwdI0aTKVmxmVTBYcnVWenM&usp=sharing&tid=0B_JxGwdI0aTKR0QwWU1pVXYtR1k
[/url]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
stevecrun: ask your school..no school will ever decline a student's request for an extension..give them your reasons..

I am aware, Stevecrun.

I am more concerned about the flight price, not the extension letter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2014
@Olumide098,i can't access my nairaland private mailing system due to the war that befell nairaland recently..

Send me a mail to Stevecrun AT AOL DOT COM.
Let me know when you do..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

royal maroc air. Try checkout

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.