Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,028 members, 7,966,790 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:32 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (461752 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 6:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
stevecrun: @Olumide098,i can't access my nairaland private mailing system due to the war that befell nairaland recently..

Send me a mail to Stevecrun AT AOL DOT COM.
Let me know when you do..

sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
olumide098:

sent
not recieved a mail yet..can you resend it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
slimmy05: royal maroc air. Try checkout

How reputable is their on-air food and entertainment? wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
stevecrun: not recieved a mail yet..can you resend it?

sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
olumide098:

sent
you have an unread mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
idee91: No o.... its for his bsc...I dont tink msc is graded like dat ... And plss, whats the easiest way to appply for d exams (toefl, gre, gmat)... and the prices, plus the venues for d exams... (sorrie o we still be novice) bear wit us

Same grading bro.. You can register for toefl and gre on www.ets.org. All the info you need are there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
stevecrun: you have an unread mail.

ok boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 7:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
I am new on this thread but I have been an ardent follower. I have ga post and a tuition waiver but got accepted into only one state university. I have been denied before. What are my chances? Have u gotten your visa?

My gre is poor 310/340.

Nb:I have posted my experience before.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 7:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hello house,
I am a married man with some months old boy but I intentionally filled 'single' on my ds-160 because I couldnt sponsor myself as a married man and that could raise eyebrow, this was why I used my dad as my sponsor. Now I want my wife and kid to join me next year through F1 and F2 respectively. Please what marital status will be best and who is the best person that can serve as her sponsor. And please is there any better options. Your opinions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ashigolo: Hello house,
I am a married man with some months old boy but I intentionally filled 'single' on my ds-160 because I couldnt sponsor myself as a married man and that could raise eyebrow, this was why I used my dad as my sponsor. Now I want my wife and kid to join me next year through F1 and F2 respectively. Please what marital status will be best and who is the best person that can serve as her sponsor. And please is there any better options. Your opinions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What kind of marriage did you do before? I mean traditional,church, mosque,court, shrine, etc. With this, I can advise.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sponge3: I am new on this thread but I have been an ardent follower. I have ga post and a tuition waiver but got accepted into only one state university. I have been denied before. What are my chances? Have u gotten your visa?

My gre is poor 310/340.

Nb:I have posted my experience before.

Your GRE is very rich okay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 7:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
juntod:

What kind of marriage did you do before? I mean traditional,church, mosque,court, shrine, etc. With this, I can advise.
it was court marriage but in a Local govenment registry, not ikoyi registry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ashigolo: it was court marriage but in a Local govenment registry, not ikoyi registry

Bros i go use slang reply u sake of say VOs dey reach here too. Try run another court paper before you waka. Make e be like say una marry after dem nack u ur kpali. Na u and court go come reason how e wan be.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
juntod:

Bros i go use slang reply u sake of say VOs dey reach here too. Try run another court paper before you waka. Make e be like say una marry after dem nack u ur kpali. Na u and court go come reason how e wan be.

Smart move wink Naija Nigga eh!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 7:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
juntod:

mehn!..u are too much. Abeg make i pm u sharp sharp make we yarn

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
juntod:

you got mail bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ashigolo: you got mail bro

You got one too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idee91: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
juntod:

Same grading bro.. You can register for toefl and gre on www.ets.org. All the info you need are there.
tenks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by chidexhenry: 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
pls gurus in the ous my GRE score is 286...very poor.I just want kn if it is possible for me get admission.if the answer is YES! I nid to kn d schools and the possilities of getting financial aid from the schools.pls ous I nid a quick response.tanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by temi4fash(m): 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
Gud evening house, Am new here.. Pls I want to make enquiries abt going to the U.S.A to do my masters degree.. I don't have a skool in mind yet... But, I intend to go for Masters in Control and instrumentation Engineering.. Am a fresh graduate going for my NYSC next month... Is dere anyone who can help...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
juntod:

Your GRE is very rich okay.

Juntod, I greet u. Did mathematics and scored 155 and quantitative. Verbal 155. Kinda surprised with the score!!! How can I bend joss (luck) for my next interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by xteemd01: 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
McKinzie:

What if she defers her admission to Spring 2015, by that time, the baby would have been a year old. then she gives it another trial alone. and if the VO asks for her baby, she should tell the VO the baby is under an intensive care of her grandmother and has also been assigned a pediatrician for a routine preventive health maintenance.

A husband and 2 kids back home is also a perfect tie to Nigeria bro.

Just my opinion.

If you're adviced to wait 3-5 years before going to America, I'm sure you'd wanna curse the person!!!

Dude, it's jux personal suggestions & no one is trying to compel her to take to any of those. Let her use her discretion to decide on what line of action she wants to take. Our best wishes are with her & d family anytime
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by xteemd01: 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
& everyone makes it seem like it's all bed of roses in America. Seeing they say, is believing. My candid opinion to anyone coming dwn 's to package well (financially-strapped up) or experience go teach d person.lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
temi4fash: Gud evening house, Am new here.. Pls I want to make enquiries abt going to the U.S.A to do my masters degree.. I don't have a skool in mind yet... But, I intend to go for Masters in Control and instrumentation Engineering.. Am a fresh graduate going for my NYSC next month... Is dere anyone who can help...

Control and instrumentation is under electrical and electronics engineering (electrical and computer engr in most usa schools). There are many schools offering it in USA. Visit usnews.com for a comprehensive list.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by opechy(f): 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
I made God my lifeline and he didn't disappoint. My Visa was granted in an interview not up to two minutes this morning at Abuja. No document was requested. It went down thus;

Me: Good morning ma
VO: Good morning and how are you today?
Me: Fine

VO: What do you want to study
Me: Masters in Applied anthropology

VO: Why did u choose d course?
Me: The course 'll give me the golden opportunity of becoming the first lecturer of applied
anthropology in my undergraduate school where I read sociology. Also, it won't only make me an astute teacher who can teach her students how to read and write but also inculcate in them the application of anthropological methods and theories to human practical problems.

VO: smiles...how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 4

VO: Can you name them?
Me: Montclair State University, New Jersey; University of Texas, San Antonio; University of Ibadan and San Jose State University

VO: How many gave u admission?
Me:3

VO: Who's sponsoring you?
Me: My aunt

VO: Pick up your visa on tuesday and she handed me the pickup slip

I really appreciate the likes of Kunlebal(nicest dude so far), Idazbawz(official dude), Olumide( d dude wiv d cudgel...lolz) and mandybaby(words can't describe her kindness). I also appreciate d gurus who had at a point contributed directly/indirectly to my admission process/interview. God bless you all as my joy knows no bound today.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
xteemd01:

Dude, it's jux personal suggestions & no one is trying to compel her to take to any of those. Let her use her discretion to decide on what line of action she wants to take. Our best wishes are with her & d family anytime

Exactly. We just give different views. It is left for the OP to decide.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
I really appreciate the likes of Kunlebal(nicest dude so far), Idazbawz(official dude), Olumide( d dude wiv d cudgel...lolz) and mandybaby(words can't describe her kindness). I also appreciate d gurus who had at a point contributed directly/indirectly to my admission process/interview. God bless you all as my joy knows no bound today.
[/quote]

Nice one babe..welcome to the club
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
slimmy05: STAMPED

Wow...!!!! that's great...!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

That means I'll have to book closer. how about the 18th of august?

Yea, look for closer date and you will get it but might not be cheap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
juntod:

Lol grin grin grin... You should have pm him this info cos VO can use google to translate or even understand this slang or the cgi people can translate it for them if they really have interest in what you wrote

But i dont think they have time doing the above sha!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
chidexhenry: pls gurus in the ous my GRE score is 286...very poor.I just want kn if it is possible for me get admission.if the answer is YES! I nid to kn d schools and the possilities of getting financial aid from the schools.pls ous I nid a quick response.tanks.

Here is a useful link bro..

http://www.msinus.com/content/low-gre-universities-609/#.U7XKLvldUnc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hello house,
Please help me out with this issue,
I am yet to receive my i-20 from my sch (UCO).
The i-20 is ready and I have sent my credit card authorisation countless times, but they keep replying that the card keeps declining their request,
Its the same card I used in paying for my first i-20 , I really don't know why its declining, I have also informed my bank about the transfer..
Please, I need advice and assistance as time is really running out. School resumes on 19th august.

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.