Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,849 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:09 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457881 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 2:58am On Jul 08, 2014
Peaches90:

Ok. Thank you. How please?
I can assist you in making the payment from here instead of you going to Benin Republic. Sorry my replied came late.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 3:05am On Jul 08, 2014
Stewee:

My pick letter too wasn't circled...But I chose VI for my pick up centre....
I hope there won't be any yawa?
My guess is, by default, your passport with visa is collected at wherever location you selected while (or after ) booking your visa appointment regardless of where the VO said or circled (occasionally not circled) after the visa approval. My thought though

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by femmy10303: 3:09am On Jul 08, 2014
femmy here again, morning to you all .. please house i need you to kindly assist me with letter of sponsorship format or what it look like, please so urgent .. you can paste it on here or you send to my email femiogbimi@yahoo.com God bless you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 3:23am On Jul 08, 2014
This is how my affidavit of support looks like
and please don't copy and paste ooooo.

The Consular General,
United States of America Consulate
2,Walter Carrington Crescent,
Victoria Island,
Lagos.

Dear Sir/Ma,
AFFIDAVIT OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT

I write to introduce my son, Mr. David
Johhn Paul who is applying for a student
visa from your office. He needs to undergo
qualitative studies of crime to withstand
today's challenges in the field of Criminal Justice.

He has already been accepted as a student
for a full master's degree study at Saint
Joseph's University majoring in Criminal
Justice. He is expected to report to the
school not later than 21st August, 2014.

To this end, all arrangements concerning
his studies abroad has been concluded and
I will be duly responsible for his tuition and
fees,living expenses, insurance and books
totaling $14,000 per academic term of
12months.

I will therefore appreciate your positive
response to his application.

Thank You.

Yours Truly

Signature
Mr David John West
Managing Director
******* Nig. Ltd.

Lobatan....Please I drafted this myself and you can correct any grammar you think is wrong. I hope this helps someone. Note: Mine is stamped and on my dad's letter head.

*That was posted by @bimbola85 and was on page 438 of part 5 b4 nairaland was attacked.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by femmy10303: 3:27am On Jul 08, 2014
house please see what i come up with after my research can i edit it to my taste ,, please advice

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by femmy10303: 3:35am On Jul 08, 2014
Ashigolo wa gbayi ... nice one......congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 3:41am On Jul 08, 2014
femmy10303: Ashigolo wa gbayi ... nice one......congrats
No wahala man..thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mucokey(m): 3:56am On Jul 08, 2014
Ashigolo: This is how my affidavit of support looks like

The Consular General,
Victoria Island,
Lagos.

Dear Sir/Ma,

12months.

Thank You.

Yours Truly

Signature
Mr David John West
Managing Director
******* Nig. Ltd.

Lobatan....Please I drafted this myself and you can correct any grammar you think is wrong. I hope this helps someone. Note: Mine is stamped and on my dad's letter head.

*That was posted by @bimbola85 and was on page 438 of part 5 b4 nairaland was attacked.
Interesting
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 5:47am On Jul 08, 2014
Ashigolo: I guess it was a mistake on the part of the V.O. Same thing happend to me, I selected Isolo as my pickup adress while booking but the V.O circled V.I and from the mail i got this evening, my passport with visa is ready for pickup at DHL Isolo. So bro, you will likely get your visa at Isolo. Cheers!

I hope so! Thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 5:53am On Jul 08, 2014
Stewee:
My Transcript:
I arrived at the embassy at exactly 6:55am for 6:30am appointment.
Security Frisked us and we lined up and walked into the waiting area...When they went through my document,the guy jus told me I had to go and take another passport photo cause the two I has was stapled exactly ontop my eyes. I immediately told him I had an extra one.

We eventually got into the pavilloin and I dropped my documents and did biometric.

I waited patiently for my turn...I started praying the Psalm saying "Lift Up your Head O ye gates"
That was the only prayer that could calm me. I knew the chinko guy won't interview me cos as usual he was denying like no man's business.

Then bang...My number appeared.

Me: Goodmorning (I know put sir cos the guy was dissapointingly too young and I wasn't in the mood)
VO: Good morning *with small smile*...I see you're going to the United States for flight training.
Me: That's correct.
VO: So where did you do your Bsc program?
Me: University Of Lagos
VO:And What did you Study?
Me: Psy
VO: So why are you just pursuing a career in Aviation...Why Didn't you do this before.
Me: My Mentor advised me that Airline Piloting requires a lot of commitment and maturity...He it will be wise for me to get a Bsc first then proceed for Flight training. Psychology is also related to Piloting cause one of the courses i'll be taking for my flight training is called "Crew and Passenger Management".
VO: So what are you doing currently?
Me: I work in my moms company....its a bla bla bla..........
VO: and what is your responsibility in the company?
Me: bla bla bla
VO: Good Good.
VO: I see you where here in May and was refused...Why did you still choose to do your flight training here in the US out of all the other flight schools in world.
Me: (I said the fastest hail Mary here cos I hadd rehearsed this question a Zillion times)
I didn't just apply to schools in the US...I applied to one school in south Africa, one in ukraine, One in Canada and 3 in the United States.
I picked this school because in was ranked 2nd in the South-western region of the states(Hot Kunu drink), It has the distinction of training one of the US astronaut that walked on the moon and it's also one of the independent flight training centres in the US that have integrated and Implemented the use of iPad as part of its Ground school and flight training proper.
VO: Cuts in...Lemme get this straight...You want to go to this school cos the use ipads?
Me: Yes,but it's not just the ipads but the software and applications on this ipads. These ipads are what is called in aviation as EFB's meaning Electronic Flight Bags that displays all you aeronautical navigational charts, processes and interprets flight logs and generally records flight information...It is imposssiblle to fly modern jets without these ipads.
VO: Nods and says Great!
VO: Whose gonna sponsor you for this training
Me: My Mom will be sponsoring me for this training...i'll also be supporting myself with the little money I've saved up. However, I've been in talks with 3 aviation airline company's here in Nig and they have agreed to support,sponsor and offer me a job as a First officer position once I complete my training and return home.
VO: oh Good. So why does this Airline company want to sponsor you...what do they stand to gain?
Me: Current aviation industry buzz going now says there will be a big shortage of pilots in the next few years and even some retired pilot are being called back to service. Some airline company's that are trying to avert this problem are looking into local content where they sponsor and train young and aspiring pilots and also offer them a job afterwards.
VO: In what capacity is this Airline company gonna sponsor you?
Me: I wasn't expecting this question and it threw me off kind of.So I used NL style of stalling and said "Sorry dint get that"
VO: I just wana understand the capacity in which this company is gonna sponsor you...Are they gonna pay for your meals or apartment or give you pocket money?
Me: Oh not at all... They will be sponsoring me for my jet type rating...He seemed confused...There a part of my training called "Jet type rating" where i'll be trained to fly a specific type of aircraft. they going to be sponsoring me for that so I can come back and fly their own type of aircraft. My mom will shoulder the rest.
VO: May I see your mom's statement?
Me: Hands it to him.
VO: Flips through...then says those magic words
Your Visa Is Approved. He gives me the white pick up paper and i20 but all the other thing he said didn't register. I grap my stuff say thank you...Did a 360 on the spot and zoomed out before he changes his mind.

Great transcript! Congrats bro... Bless

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 6:29am On Jul 08, 2014
Stewee:
My Transcript:
I arrived at the embassy at exactly 6:55am for 6:30am appointment.
Security Frisked us and we lined up and walked into the waiting area...When they went through my document,the guy jus told me I had to go and take another passport photo cause the two I has was stapled exactly ontop my eyes. I immediately told him I had an extra one.

We eventually got into the pavilloin and I dropped my documents and did biometric.

I waited patiently for my turn...I started praying the Psalm saying "Lift Up your Head O ye gates"
That was the only prayer that could calm me. I knew the chinko guy won't interview me cos as usual he was denying like no man's business.

Then bang...My number appeared.

Me: Goodmorning (I know put sir cos the guy was dissapointingly too young and I wasn't in the mood)
VO: Good morning *with small smile*...I see you're going to the United States for flight training.
Me: That's correct.
VO: So where did you do your Bsc program?
Me: University Of Lagos
VO:And What did you Study?
Me: Psy
VO: So why are you just pursuing a career in Aviation...Why Didn't you do this before.
Me: My Mentor advised me that Airline Piloting requires a lot of commitment and maturity...He it will be wise for me to get a Bsc first then proceed for Flight training. Psychology is also related to Piloting cause one of the courses i'll be taking for my flight training is called "Crew and Passenger Management".
VO: So what are you doing currently?
Me: I work in my moms company....its a bla bla bla..........
VO: and what is your responsibility in the company?
Me: bla bla bla
VO: Good Good.
VO: I see you where here in May and was refused...Why did you still choose to do your flight training here in the US out of all the other flight schools in world.
Me: (I said the fastest hail Mary here cos I hadd rehearsed this question a Zillion times)
I didn't just apply to schools in the US...I applied to one school in south Africa, one in ukraine, One in Canada and 3 in the United States.
I picked this school because in was ranked 2nd in the South-western region of the states(Hot Kunu drink), It has the distinction of training one of the US astronaut that walked on the moon and it's also one of the independent flight training centres in the US that have integrated and Implemented the use of iPad as part of its Ground school and flight training proper.
VO: Cuts in...Lemme get this straight...You want to go to this school cos the use ipads?
Me: Yes,but it's not just the ipads but the software and applications on this ipads. These ipads are what is called in aviation as EFB's meaning Electronic Flight Bags that displays all you aeronautical navigational charts, processes and interprets flight logs and generally records flight information...It is imposssiblle to fly modern jets without these ipads.
VO: Nods and says Great!
VO: Whose gonna sponsor you for this training
Me: My Mom will be sponsoring me for this training...i'll also be supporting myself with the little money I've saved up. However, I've been in talks with 3 aviation airline company's here in Nig and they have agreed to support,sponsor and offer me a job as a First officer position once I complete my training and return home.
VO: oh Good. So why does this Airline company want to sponsor you...what do they stand to gain?
Me: Current aviation industry buzz going now says there will be a big shortage of pilots in the next few years and even some retired pilot are being called back to service. Some airline company's that are trying to avert this problem are looking into local content where they sponsor and train young and aspiring pilots and also offer them a job afterwards.
VO: In what capacity is this Airline company gonna sponsor you?
Me: I wasn't expecting this question and it threw me off kind of.So I used NL style of stalling and said "Sorry dint get that"
VO: I just wana understand the capacity in which this company is gonna sponsor you...Are they gonna pay for your meals or apartment or give you pocket money?
Me: Oh not at all... They will be sponsoring me for my jet type rating...He seemed confused...There a part of my training called "Jet type rating" where i'll be trained to fly a specific type of aircraft. they going to be sponsoring me for that so I can come back and fly their own type of aircraft. My mom will shoulder the rest.
VO: May I see your mom's statement?
Me: Hands it to him.
VO: Flips through...then says those magic words
Your Visa Is Approved. He gives me the white pick up paper and i20 but all the other thing he said didn't register. I grap my stuff say thank you...Did a 360 on the spot and zoomed out before he changes his mind.

Truly She is FULL OF GRACE........Congrats and have a wonderful training.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 6:34am On Jul 08, 2014
Ashigolo: This is how my affidavit of support looks like

The Consular General,
Victoria Island,
Lagos.

Dear Sir/Ma,

12months.

Thank You.

Yours Truly

Signature
Mr David John West
Managing Director
******* Nig. Ltd.

Hi....I think it should serve its purpose. Use a letter headed paper to print. That will do. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 6:42am On Jul 08, 2014
jaadx:
bro am heading to west virginia uni at parkersburg
send me a pm sir,also got an I-20 for wvu @ parkersburg

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 08, 2014
Which one be MsZeezah again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 08, 2014
dimmy08: Hello house, please I need a good explanation on the difference between MBA and Msc, and what strong point can I tell the VO why I want to have another Msc degree in Management since I already have MBA in management. Thanks
You need MSc to be able to further to PhD level here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:54am On Jul 08, 2014
slimmy05: Which one be MsZeezah again?

Who be that one again? Don't tell me zeezahbee created another alternate account. grin

Which reminds me where is MsNas? I am seriously missing her contributions here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 08, 2014
jaadx:
bro am heading to west virginia uni at parkersburg
ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaskinbo: 8:40am On Jul 08, 2014
Joenice: ok
That's my school but am going to morgantown. See you bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 9:41am On Jul 08, 2014
jaskinbo: That's my school but am going to morgantown. See you bro
I also got an I-20 for morgantown,when are you resuming
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 10:50am On Jul 08, 2014
Please House, Advise Needed.

Am preparing to apply for an Msc in Computer science - Spring 2015. Its no news that American Msc's usually run for 2years, Thing is, my Nigerian Passport expires in 2016. That would mean my passport would expire during my period of study.

My Question: should i proceed with my current passport which would expire in 2016 or go get a replacement with a much longer lifespan?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 10:55am On Jul 08, 2014
DanjaNinja: Please House, Advise Needed.

Am preparing to apply for an Msc in Computer science - Spring 2015. Its no news that American Msc's usually run for 2years, Thing is, my Nigerian Passport expires in 2016. That would mean my passport would expire while my Msc program is in progress.

My Question: should i proceed with my current passport which would expire in 2016 or go get a replacement with a much longer lifespan?

my passport is also gonna expire next year during my period of study,I advice you leave it that way and then get a replacement when it expires from the Nigerian immigration in the US(my cousin did his own same way)..my own opinion

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 10:57am On Jul 08, 2014
unnamdi79: my passport is also gonna expire next year during my period of study,I advice you leave it that way and then get a replacement when it expires from the Nigerian immigration in the US(my cousin did his own same way)..my own opinion

Thanks for your speedy response. Can u please provide more details for acquiring a replacement while in the U.S?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 11:00am On Jul 08, 2014
DanjaNinja:

Thanks for your speedy response. Can u please provide more details for acquiring a replacement while in the U.S?
I don't know much about the details but I think its gonna be the same way of passport renewal in Nigeria...let the gurus in the house help..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:23am On Jul 08, 2014
Hello house, am a bit confused,
In my previous interview.
I was asked how many schools I applied to and I said 3 namely UCO, NJCU n U.O
I was advised in this trend that it not wise to mention 2 schools from the same state.
Now if asked how many schools I applied to,
Can I say Troy Uni, UCO and NjCU?
Hope the VO didn't type what I said in my previous transcript.??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:38am On Jul 08, 2014
domex007: Hello house, am a bit confused,
In my previous interview.
I was asked how many schools I applied to and I said 3 namely UCO, NJCU n U.O
I was advised in this trend that it not wise to mention 2 schools from the same state.
Now if asked how many schools I applied to,
Can I say Troy Uni, UCO and NjCU?
Hope the VO didn't type what I said in my previous transcript.??

During my interview, Murray State University & University of Kentucky, Lexington were amongst the schools I told the VO I applied to. These two schools are in the same state.

Have no fear, you'll be okay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaskinbo: 11:42am On Jul 08, 2014
unnamdi79: I also got an I-20 for morgantown,when are you resuming
I would be leaving on the 3rd of August and you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:43am On Jul 08, 2014
Graviton2:

During my interview, Murray State University & University of Kentucky, Lexington were amongst the schools I told the VO I applied to. These two schools are in the same state.

Have no fear, you'll be okay.

Thanks bro..
Preparing my transcripts now, will post sample transcript shortly..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shakol91(m): 11:48am On Jul 08, 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shakol91(m): 11:49am On Jul 08, 2014
I am happy for those that were approved and to those that were not approved I pray God will make it a right step to your success in Life. Please house,what are available M.sc courses available for Bachelor in Accounting Education. It's giving me headache base on using degree in education to apply for M.sc. Pls I need better explanation from mates and senior colleagues here. They can as well list the available courses or share links.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:53am On Jul 08, 2014
domex007:

Thanks bro..
Preparing my transcripts now, will post sample transcript shortly..

You're welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Fadekemi001(f): 11:57am On Jul 08, 2014
Hi everyone, why is everyone so calm here pls let someone throw up lite into d house. It remains just a day between my interview day, am going gaga and little Bit nervous. With all d researches have Done so far, it keeps looking like have done nothing and am yet to prepare. Please can someone save me from the grip of visa interview phobia embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.