Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,180 members, 7,925,690 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 08:24 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (460020 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by laura2014: 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
unnamdi79: why not get your uncle transfer the funds into your dads account little by little..though I don't know if the lodgement might be spotted by the VO..I know so many people who went through this track but I don't know if it is advisable..just my opinion..I stand to be corrected

I have thought of that too like you said . But I have a feeling the lodgment might be easily known .
I just got my I20 last week . My sevis fee is still valid from last payment.

My dad has been slow in running his account since February since the incidence happened. til now he hasnt gained balance.,
from Feb till now is almost 6 months .which is exactly the duration of account that I have to print .

do you understand me now ? cos if my uncle should put it in .like 5m . it will definitely show. because the account would be so empty maybe half sheet because he hasnt operated it due to the crisis .
but last year . it was my dad"s account that i sent to the school work like 6 M .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 3:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
unnamdi79: why not get your uncle transfer the funds into your dads account little by little..though I don't know if the lodgement might be spotted by the VO..I know so many people who went through this track but I don't know if it is advisable..just my opinion..I stand to be corrected

I tought about this before tho, but it may look like money lodgement, that's how the VO will view it and it will result in outright denial, the best bet for him is to use his uncle as his sponsor, pray and hope that the VO don't ask why the change (there is a 90% chance that the VO will ask since they already have you details in their system) but if they ask, like I said before, its best you tell the VO why your uncle is sponsoring you, this is my advice to you bro..
Wishing you the best and God's favour..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 3:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
domex007:

I tought about this before tho, but it may look like money lodgement, that's how the VO will view it and it will result in outright denial, the best bet for him is to use his uncle as his sponsor, pray and hope that the VO don't ask why the change (there is a 90% chance that the VO will ask since they already have you details in their system) but if they ask, like I said before, its best you tell the VO why your uncle is sponsoring you, this is my advice to you bro..
Wishing you the best and God's favour..
I agree with you.. I see she's so tensed and nervous..she has to calm down and go through transcripts and be prepared for her next interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
laura2014:

I am afraid his present balance as a result of his condition at present cannot cover my tuition for the first year . He is distabilised that i dont even want to disturb him at the moment is why am shifting grounds to my Uncle and which he has accepted since my dad already talked to him.

my first year tuition is 28000$ from the account i sent to the school . they estimated the funds to be 45,000$

so my Uncle is my last hope. Just dont know how to package it and go about it is why i need that help and please correct me on my previous transcript.

God Bless as i await your correspondence..

I have read your profile and previous transcript. You didn't do badly. The problem must be from the fact that you were nervous and responded with crammed responses like a robot. Just fill your DS form with your uncle's information. By the way, does your uncle bear the same last name as your dad? Again, do not mention your dad's financial stress as a reason why your uncle is sponsoring. You need to show stronger ties with your uncle. Present him as someone who has been responsible for your education since undergraduate. Your dad on the other hand is capable but your uncle just wants to complete what he has started since he already sees you as his own child. Take your dad's previous statement of account with you alongside your uncle's. Also work on how your chosen graduate program relates to your previous degree and future career prospect.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 3:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
laura2014:

I have thought of that too like you said . But I have a feeling the lodgment might be easily known .
I just got my I20 last week . My sevis fee is still valid from last payment.

My dad has been slow in running his account since February since the incidence happened. til now he hasnt gained balance.,
from Feb till now is almost 6 months .which is exactly the duration of account that I have to print .

do you understand me now ? cos if my uncle should put it in .like 5m . it will definitely show. because the account would be so empty maybe half sheet because he hasnt operated it due to the ucrisis .
but last year . it was my dad"s account that i sent to the school work like 6 M .

Hi Laura.........I feel ur situation. Since your uncle will sponsor you bt due to the inherent difficulty in convincing the VO's abt sponsorship coming from a long distance relatives, they would have commenced bit by bit deposit into your dad's account. Anyways, that is in the past.
You don't have a choice than to fill the appropriate person who's SOA you going to use at the embassy. Hope the source of funding stated on ur I-20 is same? If so, just objectively prepare your responses to the possible questions the VO might ask you abt dis and be convinced you will get it.
Resort to prayers......That is going to be the judge.
It is well.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by laura2014: 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
juntod:

I have read your profile and previous transcript. You didn't do badly. The problem must be from the fact that you were nervous and responded with crammed responses like a robot. Just fill your DS form with your uncle's information. By the way, does your uncle bear the same last name as your dad? Again, do not mention your dad's financial stress as a reason why your uncle is sponsoring. You need to show stronger ties with your uncle. Present him as someone who has been responsible for your education since undergraduate. Your dad on the other hand is capable but your uncle just wants to complete what he has started since he already sees you as his own child. Take your dad's previous statement of account with you alongside your uncle's. Also work on how your chosen graduate program relates to your previous degree and future career prospect.

I am really tensed as speculated and I haven't been on my laptop this long waiting for your correspondences , but i appreciate everyone that has contributed , May God bless you all and I hope to share my positive news soon.
if am not mistaken . here is what I have been advised to do

1 pray hard , I sure will do that . i can be a prayer warrior (want to try to put a smile on my face)
2 I would choose my Uncle as my sponsor this time , if VO doesn't talk about it .I would not talk about it .if he does . I would present a stronger ties with him like he was involved in my undergraduate .
3 I would not mention his present condition and would just take my dad"s account with me Should or In case (for back-up ). but I would not present it if not asked. cos my Uncle is my Sponsor
4 I will on the best answer to relate my BSC WITH Intended MSC .
5 yes My uncle and my dad bears the same last name (My dad is the elder brother) . I bear same too . cos I am not yet married . single but not searching .maybe when i get to obama land shaa grin( just kidding ,just wanna put a smile on my face cos i feel relaxed now .) as a matter of fact , I have started filling the ds 160 before i decided to through the question up here . but serioulsly . kudus to you all. would recommend this trend to anyone i know would need help. I LOVE YOU all. thanks i appreciate .

I still will become advice . as i am still seating here by my laptop. alone with plenty thought .

maybe i need a trip to the beach to kool off . any new friend. grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
laura2014:

I am really tensed as speculated and I haven't been on my laptop this long waiting for your correspondences , but i appreciate everyone that has contributed , May God bless you all and I hope to share my positive news soon.

1 pray hard , I sure will do that . i can be a prayer warrior (want to try to put a smile on my face)
2 I would choose my Uncle as my sponsor this time , if VO doesn't talk about it .I would not talk about it .if he does . I would present a stronger ties with him like he was involved in my undergraduate .
3 I would not mention his present condition and would just take my dad"s account with me Should or In case (for back-up ). but I would not present it if not asked. cos my Uncle is my Sponsor
5 yes My uncle and my dad bears the same last name (My dad is the elder brother) . I bear same too . cos I am not yet married . single but not searching .maybe when i get to obama land shaa grin( just kidding ,just wanna put a smile on my face cos i feel relaxed now .) as a matter of fact , I have started filling the ds 160 before i decided to through the question up here . but serioulsly . kudus to you all. would recommend this trend to anyone i know would need help. I LOVE YOU all. thanks i appreciate .

I still will become advice . as i am still seating here by my laptop. alone with plenty thought .

EXACTLY... But since your uncle bears the same surname as your dad, PM me let me suggest something to you (Don't want VOs to read the suggestion). You may want to consider the option.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 4:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
Laura,

Below are what you should work on.

- Your answers to the V.O question;

* Always say you applied to at least 3 schools.
* Your reason for choosing your school wasn't convincing enough.
* You didn't write the GRE or GMAT. The V.O was particularly interested in that and that was why he asked.

Anybody can be your sponsor in as much you can give good reasons why the person would be doing that. Unless you work on the reasons above especially your GRE or GMAT. I am afraid your next interview won't be an easy ride and I pray you don't get denied again. Please fix all loop holes. Shalom!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 4:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
laura2014:

Nice one. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 4:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
juntod:

EXACTLY... But since your uncle bears the same surname as your dad, PM me let me suggest something to you (Don't want VOs to read the suggestion). You may want to consider the option.

Same opinion dey my mind bt do u think it will conflict with the previous info?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
Rijo02:

Same opinion dey my mind bt do u think it will conflict with the previous info?

I hope not. If middle name nor dey, no wahala.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
OjaP: Laura,

Below are what you should work on.

- Your answers to the V.O question;

* Always say you applied to at least 3 schools.
* Your reason for choosing your school wasn't convincing enough.
* You didn't write the GRE or GMAT. The V.O was particularly interested in that and that was why he asked.

Anybody can be your sponsor in as much you can give good reasons why the person would be doing that. Unless you work on the reasons above especially your GRE or GMAT. I am afraid your next interview won't be an easy ride and I pray you don't get denied again. Please fix all loop holes. Shalom!!!

Nice observation. Laura, if you do not want to write the GMAT/GRE, you still have a chance. The VOs know some schools exempt students from these exams. When asked about it, do not simply say it wasn't required. State a strong reason why you were exempted. Maybe due to your work experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by francisabuah: 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
igbonerd:

ETS doesn't accept Master card for Nigerian test takers; you'd need a Visa card. I got mine from First Bank and it cost me #2,000 and less than a week to do so.

I should alert you that because there are only three centers in Lagos, and we're just entering a fresh admission window, seats for the GRE are filling up really fast. As I type this, the earliest date you available is October 26. Or maybe even later. Another alternative is registering to take the exam in another state: Port Harcourt or Abuja.

I'm forewarning you because I'm presuming you're working with the December 15 deadline, else there's no rush. Lemme know if you need any clarification.
plz bro how much is the fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by annabee(f): 5:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
Finally I was able to log on. Miss everyone here. Congrats to all dat got their visas approved.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
juntod:
Nice observation. Laura, if you do not want to write the GMAT/GRE, you still have a chance. The VOs know some schools exempt students from these exams. When asked about it, do not simply say it wasn't required. State a strong reason why you were exempted. Maybe due to your work experience.

You are right, some give good reasons why they were exempted from taking the exam and still get the visa. Her case is peculiar being that she has a denial history. I wouldn't advise her to leave everything to luck. She should make sure to cross all t's and dot all i's before hitting the embassy again.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
Have learnt alot from this forum. I must say a big Thank you to everyone. I have two questions to ask. 1. Is Murray State university Reg flagged?

2. How much will be good to have in my statement of account for the embassy interview ? I have a wife and a year old Son. The school requested for a statement of $26,944.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by superfavour(m): 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
Can someone pls answer my pending question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
house, please am trying to fill ds160 and its not bring out the previous education. i want to know why. please assist
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
teepeehall: Have learnt alot from this forum. I must say a big Thank you to everyone. I have two questions to ask. 1. Is Murray State university Reg flagged?

2. How much will be good to have in my statement of account for the embassy interview ? I have a wife and a year old Son. The school requested for a statement of $26,944.

Murray State Uni is a good school. Very green flag. The money in your account should be at least that amount. The bigger, the better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by baggylips(m): 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Pls house...how will someone tackle the question of how he or she chose u.s other than other educationally sound countries like uk and other european countries?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
baggylips: Pls house...how will someone tackle the question of how he or she chose u.s other than other educationally sound countries like uk and other european countries?

You may not be asked.
Either way. Diversity. More international recognition. More stringent and relevant curriculum. Versatility.
Oya paraphrase.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: house, please am trying to fill ds160 and its not bring out the previous education. i want to know why. please assist

Maybe US visa site bug. They will rectify it immediately they spot it. Just chill small.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 6:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
baggylips: Pls house...how will someone tackle the question of how he or she chose u.s other than other educationally sound countries like uk and other european countries?

US skols are renowned for being research oriented unlike others. Focus more on this. The VO's even know this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
Rijo02:

Maybe US visa site bug. They will rectify it immediately they spot it. Just chill small.
since Sunday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Doctoroma(m): 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
Qatar is cheaper in most cases but depends on days n flight class
streetMic: Qatar n Emirate.. Which offers cheaper rate 2 NY?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: Its a nice school, guest he thought it was a red flag school. You're good to go bro.
So it's not Red Flagged? whoa! y'all got me scared there a lil
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: one building university with accreditation issues e.g devry, Virginia international university and also some community colleges.
What About University of Virginia, Florida?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
domex007:

Bro, its not my fault jare, it was my 1st time,
I felt like the whole world had fallen down on me coupled with the money I spent that time and am mummy's boy.. Lool

Plz sharply remove the "007" from your name...007 and Mummy's boy don't go together. cheesy

Don't worry we all had our first time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by andonajnr(m): 7:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nice thread. Please, is there anyone in this
thread that is a student or an alumni of the
university of illinois. I want to knw what it
takes to study there, student life and all. And
again how long is four semesters over there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: I smilled when I read the post. The bank with the best exchange rate so far is access bank. GTbank are crooks in their exchange rates. Exchange rates are not static, they fluctuate over time. I remeber when I went to cash some dollars in 2012, at the counter the guy said the exchange rate was 151. Before I finished filling the rubbish form, I got to the counter and it rose to 156 grin. I smild plenty.

The beat way to use their card is the money order purchase and cash returns outlined by MsNas. Swiping cards at 3$ aint wise at all.
If you had money transferred to you from Nigeria and you wanted it in your American account (say you wanna pay your school fees with it, cos some schools don't accept International cards and because exchange rates flunctuates like crazy), this is what to do...

Go to Walmart Money Center. Tell them you wanna buy money order. Money Order is charged at the rate of 70c where I live. But with money order, you can only put $1,000 on each money order at most. So, let's say you wanna withdraw $5,000 from your Nigerian card, you buy 5 money orders worth $1,000 each. The total amount you pay for the money orders will be 5X70c. That's $3.50 for drawing $5,000.

This is what I do whenever I wanna transfer funds from my Nigerian account to my American account because using the ATM isn't a viable choice.
1. Most ATMs have a limit of how much you can withdraw from it everyday with a card. It's most times capped at $1,000. So if I had $5,000 to withdraw, I have to do it over a period of 5 days.
2. Asides the fact that GTBank (that's my Nigerian bank) will charge me #420 for using my card on an ATM, the bank you're using its ATM will also charge you like $5 for using their services. 5X5 is $25. Excluding the GTBank charges oo. I'm not an Ijebu Lady grin but i don't subscribe to wasting my meagre funds.

One other thing: you might even find some stores that sell Money Orders for cheaper prices than Walmart. There's a store where I live called Kroger, its a super-store just like Walmart and they sell their own money other for 54c. I go there most of the time because its even closer to my house than Walmart.

Edited: after you buy the money orders, take them to any branch of your bank and tell them you want to deposit them into your account. Most times it clears almost imediately. But I live in the Bible belt, folks are kinda racist. They don't believe a young black female can have such amount. The first two times I did it, they actually asked me where I got the money order from(to ascertain it was genuine). When I told them Walmart, they called Walmart and verified if indeed I bought the money order from them. Who cares undecided. Still at that, it took 2days for the Money Order to clear and reflect in my account. Others might be luckier.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
Business at its best cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 8:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
Walspring:

Send her pm maybe she didnt check NL but am sure she will check her email.. Her school is in ....

Edited
LOL. Where did you tell the dude my school was? cheesy Honestly, say it out. Wanna know if you're right or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.