Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,685 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:20 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457608 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 9:25am On Jul 17, 2014
Walspring:

Big boss dont think that way, I know one school that will accept him with that result...

Wale pls give me the name of the school. thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:26am On Jul 17, 2014
Amerinancy: Very soon white people will start writing TOIFL (test of igbo as first language) just to study @
University of ohaneze
University of ndi ichie
University of umu afo
University of ndi nwe obodo enwe
Umu okoro college
Ahiazu mbaise community college
Owerri aba comunity college
Nwoke gbara dimkpa polythecnic
Umu Biafra college of Dibia nzu
Etc
With semesters of eke, orie, afo and nkwo
grin grin

Lol. You're a serious case. BTW, are you from Imo?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 9:36am On Jul 17, 2014
Advice for guyz...If you want to pay for flight..make sure you have substantial amount of money in your ATM card, try as much as possible to check website frequently so that u can get the cheapest flight..we do not have to be wasting money for flight nah all bcoz we are going to yankee....Imagine Prices don rise again this morning...see update...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:38am On Jul 17, 2014
Amerinancy: Very soon white people will start writing TOIFL (test of igbo as first language) just to study @
University of ohaneze
University of ndi ichie
University of umu afo
University of ndi nwe obodo enwe
Umu okoro college
Ahiazu mbaise community college
Owerri aba comunity college
Nwoke gbara dimkpa polythecnic
Umu Biafra college of Dibia nzu
Etc
With semesters of eke, orie, afo and nkwo
grin grin

Nice one but who will be the examiner, VC, Professor, Lecturers and so on?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:39am On Jul 17, 2014
olumide098: Advice for guyz...If you want to pay for flight..make sure you have substantial amount of money in your ATM card, try as much as possible to check website frequently so that u can get the cheapest flight..we do not have to be wasting money for flight nah all bcoz we are going to yankee....Imagine Prices don rise again this morning...see update...

When is your school resuming?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 9:40am On Jul 17, 2014
hello house, my prospective schools(undergraduate) requested that my high school transcripts be sent "directly" from the school, I told my high school and they was like they cool with whichever plans I got for delivery. so I wanna ask if I cud send d transcripts in a separate envelope(stamped) within my entire package or I just send it separately from my admission package....Looking to save a couple of thousands from courier money so peeps in d house that have gone thru dis process should help out, as I dunno if my transcript is gonna be compromised by sending it together with my other documents. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:45am On Jul 17, 2014
Theflint1: hello house, my prospective schools(undergraduate) requested that my high school transcripts be sent "directly" from the school, I told my high school and they was like they cool with whichever plans I got for delivery. so I wanna ask if I cud send d transcripts in a separate envelope(stamped) within my entire package or I just send it separately from my admission package....Looking to save a couple of thousands from courier money so peeps in d house that have gone thru dis process should help out, as I dunno if my transcript is gonna be compromised by sending it together with my other documents. Thanks in anticipation.

Since your school is insisting on your academic transcript sent in directly from your high school, you'll have to send it in seperately using your high school's address — you can send your other documents in however you please.

You should also consider contacting your school to inquire if you can scan and send your other documents. Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 9:47am On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

When is your school resuming?

sept 8
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2014
olumide098:

sept 8

I see. Are you aware that there are other airlines besides Qatar airways?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

which kind question be this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 9:59am On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

yep, their prices re crazy as well...if Qatar want to carry for $1000 believe me that Emirate will be $1150
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 10:01am On Jul 17, 2014
@Graviton....Stop asking me silly questions huh! am an elderly person so gbo....pls huh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:10am On Jul 17, 2014
olumide098: @Graviton....Stop asking me silly questions huh! am an elderly person so gbo....pls huh

Lol. What has being an "elderly person" got to do with this. If you like make you old pass Gandalf, that is nobody's business undecided — I'm telling you to check other airlines. Simple!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:13am On Jul 17, 2014
slimmy05: which kind question be this

The guy is too focused on Qatar — made me wonder if he knew there were other airlines.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:14am On Jul 17, 2014
olumide098:

yep, their prices re crazy as well...if Qatar want to carry for $1000 believe me that Emirate will be $1150

Try Royal Air Maroc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

The guy is too focused on Qatar — made me wonder if he knew there were other airlines.
but truly, they are highly rated. The experience at Doha and Manchester and their onboard treatment are exceptional. Emirates as well is a nice airline, but the air fare.... Quite high. Now name other better airline
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

Try Royal Air Maroc
can't still compare with Qatar and Emirates
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 17, 2014
slimmy05: can't still compare with Qatar and Emirates

#WorldClass cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 17, 2014
temi4fash: Good morning house

Pls house, Is university of florida an ivy league school because these their admission requirement na die oo...

315 is the average score for students admitted to the school for Msc...

Dats scary..

Pls, How do i find my level because the schools am seeing today dai make me look like olodo with dis their admission requirement....

Pls what is the difference btw Msc and MEng?? which is better in the two in the Nigerian context.

Thanks in advance.

Don't look at average scores of the university
They're highly deceptive.
You should be more interested in the departmental scores.
Princeton has an average verbal score of 166 for example. But this is deceptive because many engineering and math majors don't even crack 161.
But many guys in the arts get 170 in Verbal. So if you take the average verbal you might develop BP thinking you're not good enough for the school. Meanwhile all that matters is what your department thinks is OK.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by temi4fash(m): 11:12am On Jul 17, 2014
MsNas:
No, University of Florida isn't Ivy League. Most of the Ivy League schools are concentrated in New England. But the University is a competitive school to get in based on the sheer volume of applications they receive yearly. Also you should take into account the location of the school and also its reputation. As per their admission processing, You should know that Mechanical Engineering is a competitive course. Most of the time, all the student in the masters program are always on tuition waiver (at least for the A-rated schools)

My room-mate is a Mechanical Engineering student and while me as an IT student have like 18 students in my class(90% Indians), they are just 3-4 in their class. Lol cheesy. And their admission requirements is also set higher than the baseline admission requirements set by the graduate college. My advise to you is that while you apply to The University of Florida, try and apply to some B-ranked schools too as a safety net in case its doesn't pan out with UofF.

Msc Mechanical Engineering and MEng Mechanical Engineering: I really don't think there's much of a difference, except for the fast that maybe with the Msc route, you don get to concentrate too much on the architecture of Mechanical Engineering but rather the science that is used for the application of the course. MEng, most likely is gonna be much more technical than the Msc, as you're almost assured of doing all the grime work associated with the course.

I know in Naija it means literally nothing though. I graduated with a B.Tech Pure and Applied Physics just because I went to a University of Technology and spent 5 years doing it. It doesn't mean I'm better than those people who spent 4 years doing the same course. I definitely know employers of labor don't care. smiley
Thanks very much... I appreciate... Its actually electrical and Computer engineering not mechanical Engineering... Went to school of tech too.. FUTA to be precise.. How do I know a B ranked school??.. Thanks again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:13am On Jul 17, 2014
Walspring:

I think they will show you plenty emergency dates and you will pick one you prefer

I doubt, this is how it works, I need directions on how to book emergency from someone that has booked it before please.. Its urgent thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by temi4fash(m): 11:14am On Jul 17, 2014
ebdib:

Don't look at average scores of the university
They're highly deceptive.
You should be more interested in the departmental scores.
Princeton has an average verbal score of 166 for example. But this is deceptive because many engineering and math majors don't even crack 161.
But many guys in the arts get 170 in Verbal. So if you take the average verbal you might develop BP thinking you're not good enough for the school. Meanwhile all that matters is what your department thinks is OK.
mehn Thank you very much.. As in I was so dumb founded.. Thanks for coming to my rescue..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:19am On Jul 17, 2014
Currently trying to book emergency appointment date, please I need directions on what to write, where they are asking for the reason why I want emergency appointment?
also do I have to cancel the initial appointment I booked on the 1st week of august!? My school resumes 16th aug
Thanks peeps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:49am On Jul 17, 2014
domex007:

I doubt, this is how it works, I need directions on how to book emergency from someone that has booked it before please.. Its urgent thanks

okay big boss.. Pm Idazbawz he should tell you better about...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 11:52am On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

Since your school is insisting on your academic transcript sent in directly from your high school, you'll have to send it in seperately using your high school's address — you can send your other documents in however you please.

You should also consider contacting your school to inquire if you can scan and send your other documents. Best of luck
thanks bro, especially on the scanning idea, wud contact 'em ASAP...please house, other ideas and experience on dis issue wud be of tremendous help...tnks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 11:54am On Jul 17, 2014
juntod: Hello house. Please be extremely careful about how/where you use your cards for online transactions in the US. So many websites are built by hackers just to get your card details. If dem get am, your own don finish. I will be giving out guidelines on how to know a safe (verified) billing merchant website later on. I hope I am not derailing the forum by so doing.

Information from these links will help you a lot.

http://www.staysafeonline.org/stay-safe-online/protect-your-personal-information/online-shopping

http://home.mcafee.com/advicecenter/?id=ad_sos_wmap&ctst=1

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2373130,00.asp

https://www.getsafeonline.org/shopping-banking/shopping1/

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 12:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
Also house, hw soon after sending my admission package shud I pay d application fees, I know most schools give a very flexible period for paying the application fee but I just wanna know hw soon peeps here went about theirs and also some info on method of payment wud be highly appreciated. Tnks .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
Walspring:

okay big boss.. Pm Idazbawz he should tell you better about...

Do you have his contact or know anybody that has his contact?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
slimmy05: but truly, they are highly rated. The experience at Doha and Manchester and their onboard treatment are exceptional. Emirates as well is a nice airline, but the air fare.... Quite high. Now name other better airline

- British Airways
- United Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Multi Airlines
- Ethiopia Airways
- KLM Royal Dutch
- Lufthansa
- Air France
- South-African Airways (Really cheap)

All these are tested and trusted viable, cheaper flights to NY, and they have world class services for all passengers on board. I've researched extensively and read many reviews to get these information - Qatar is just one of many reputable airways, let's not make it seem like Qatar is the one means to travel.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
Theflint1: thanks bro, especially on the scanning idea, wud contact 'em ASAP...please house, other ideas and experience on dis issue wud be of tremendous help...tnks

Yeah, you do that.

Regarding the app fees, most schools might consider waiving it for you (if you are fast with your application). During my time applying, mine was waived, you could however consider paying before or after (before would be preferable) - makes no notable difference, just bear in mind that your application will not receive attention nor will you be cleared for admission until you have paid your app fees.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

- British Airways
- United Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Multi Airlines
- Ethiopia Airways

All these are tested and trusted viable, cheaper flights to NY, and they have world class services for all passengers on board. I've researched extensively and read many reviews to get these information - Qatar is just one of many reputable airways, let's not make it seem like Qatar is the one means to travel.
Travelling is just getting cheap flight, the adventure, the stops, the food and drinks. I want to see that Qatar airport.

I will still choose Qatar or Emirates anytime. We still have Iberia airline, arik angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
slimmy05: Travelling is just getting cheap flight, the adventure, the stops, the food and drinks. I want to see that Qatar airport.

I will still choose Qatar or Emirates anytime. We still have Iberia airline, arik angry

You forgot to read the bolded

Graviton2:

- British Airways
- United Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Multi Airlines
- Ethiopia Airways
- KLM Royal Dutch
- Lufthansa
- Air France
- South-African Airways (Really cheap)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.