Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,662 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:24 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457602 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

You forgot to read the bolded

Individual interest differs in what they expect of every airline. First, they also have cheap flights as well. I really do not fancy south African airline neither British or Ethiopia airline. Do you know the quality of food they serve onboard and how do you get to rate the experience and what do you mean by exceptional. Let's leave story for tortoise. Qatar and Emirates are leaving trademarks on your cheek as soon as you arrive your destination.

Of course there are a lot of land transporters, but of every 100 recommendations, ABC would take 70%.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by TheDim(m): 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2014
@domex007.I don't advise that you cancel the appointment you have scheduled for early August.Your 'emergency appointment request' might not be approved.After applying for an emergency appointment yesterday I got the attached message from them this Morning. N:B-My school resumes on the 20th of August 2014 and I have a current appointment for early August.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
TheDim: @domex007.I don't advise that you cancel the appointment you have scheduled for early August.Your 'emergency appointment request' might not be approved.After applying for an emergency appointment yesterday I got the attached message from them this Morning. N:B-My school resumes on the 20th of August 2014 and I have a current appointment for early August.
you know what you'll do. Keep checking the portal you will see early date. That's what I did and it worked. So I don't need their emergency appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by TheDim(m): 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
slimmy05: you know what you'll do. Keep checking the portal you will see early date. That's what I did and it worked. So I don't need their emergency appointment.
. How do I check the portal for available date(s) without cancelling the appointment I currently have now for early August??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
TheDim: . How do I check the portal for available date(s) without cancelling the appointment I currently have now for early August??
you do not need to cancel it. Go to reschedule, then click on cancel, it won't cancel it, it will give you a page like to cancel pres yes or no. You won't touch press anything. On that same page you will see the next available date. I do this all the time and it won't cancel your appointment

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
slimmy05: Individual interest differs in what they expect of every airline. First, they also have cheap flights as well. I really do not fancy south African airline neither British or Ethiopia airline. Do you know the quality of food they serve onboard

Yes, I have researched extensively and read various reviews - You should also note that not everyone fancies Qatar, all I am saying is there is no need for just one airline to be shoved down our throats when there are so many options

slimmy05: and how do you get to rate the experience and what do you mean by exceptional. Let's leave story for tortoise. Qatar and Emirates are leaving trademarks on your cheek as soon as you arrive your destination.

Based on reviews of course - same as you have done with Qatar, we are focusing our basis for judgement on reviews or do you have first-hand information from all the listed flights to actually determine Qatar is better.

slimmy05: Of course there are a lot of land transporters, but of every 100 recommendations, ABC would take 70%.

I know nothing about Land transporters angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
TheDim: @domex007.I don't advise that you cancel the appointment you have scheduled for early August.Your 'emergency appointment request' might not be approved.After applying for an emergency appointment yesterday I got the attached message from them this Morning. N:B-My school resumes on the 20th of August 2014 and I have a current appointment for early August.

Well, I have already submitted, booked for emergency, I may just get lucky,
While waiting for their reply, do I still need to continue checking for earlier dates, I don't want to risk losing the 1st week of august that I already have
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

Yes, I have researched extensively and read various reviews - You should also note that not everyone fancies Qatar, all I am saying is there is no need for just one airline to be shoved down our throats when there are so many options

Based on reviews of course - same as you have done with Qatar, we are focusing our basis for judgement on reviews or do you have first-hand information from all the listed flights to actually determine Qatar is better.

I know nothing about Land transporters angry

No one is shoving any airline on anyone's throat, the airline in high demand is still Qatar and Emirates as a lot of people want to have the Doha/ Dubai experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
slimmy05: No one is shoving any airline on anyone's throat, the airline in high demand is still Qatar and Emirates as a lot of people want to have the Doha experience.

Toh! Make dem carry go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

Toh! Make dem carry go.
Gravi, if you cannot afford Qatar or emirates you have the option of even flying with Arik. Peoples wants differ. A lot of people on here don't waste time to book Emirates or Qatar. tongue

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
slimmy05: Gravi, if you cannot afford Qatar or emirates you have the option of even flying with Arik. Peoples wants differ. A lot of people on here don't waste time to book Emirates or Qatar.

Arik is the flight for youangry angry angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

Arik is the flight for youangry angry angry
tongue tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by TheDim(m): 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
domex007:

Well, I have already submitted, booked for emergency, I may just get lucky,
While waiting for their reply, do I still need to continue checking for earlier dates, I don't want to risk losing the 1st week of august that I already have
Have you cancelled the first week of August appointment you have?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
slimmy05: tongue tongue

All I'm saying is there are a lot of options to choose from - good service and cheaper too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

All I'm saying is there are a lot of options to choose from - good service and cheaper too
It won't hurt if you post them yourself rather than asking him if that's the only airline he knows. I posted royal maroc and the guy wasn't pleased, showing you its emirates, Qatar or no flight grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
slimmy05: It won't hurt if you post them yourself rather than asking him if that's the only airline he knows. I posted royal maroc and the guy wasn't pleased, showing you its emirates, Qatar or no flight grin

Makes no difference to me. His attitude necessitated the question — Since he wants Qatar he shouldn't complain about how exorbitant the prices are. I've given him advice, he is at liberty to take it or leave it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

Try Royal Air Maroc
so you want to compare air maroc with qatar and emirates. Qatar is same as emirate, so far it has been the cheapest. Everyone been talking bout qatar because of ther mouth-watering package, I used qatar and I was satisfied. Go online and read reviews of air maroc and qatar. The difference is clear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by li2pac1717: 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
domex007: Hello friends,
Goodmorning.
Should in case I book emergency date, today and the approve by monday, can they put my interview within this July?

Wanna know how many weeks or days the embassy is likely to place the interview.?
yes. It may be a week after the approval.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
domex007:

Do you have his contact or know anybody that has his contact?
who they ask for my husband ? Bring $100 and I will bring him out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

- British Airways
- United Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Multi Airlines
- Ethiopia Airways
- KLM Royal Dutch
- Lufthansa
- Air France
- South-African Airways (Really cheap)

All these are tested and trusted viable, cheaper flights to NY, and they have world class services for all passengers on board. I've researched extensively and read many reviews to get these information - Qatar is just one of many reputable airways, let's not make it seem like Qatar is the one means to travel.
gravvy don't start oo, SA airway cheap for where, ok why not book them. Everyone is only trying to cut cost, the cheapest flight so far is qatar, emirate and on some specific date air maroc. Go and try BA or lufthansa and tell me you won't pay 400k to new york. We kept talking about the cheap ones because that's what everyone need
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
slimmy05: Travelling is just getting cheap flight, the adventure, the stops, the food and drinks. I want to see that Qatar airport.

I will still choose Qatar or Emirates anytime. We still have Iberia airline, arik angry
arik is around 200k+ and iberia the same. I can't even risk my life on arik lailai. Make I con suffocate or die of hunger inside plane
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
zeezahbee: so you want to compare air maroc with qatar and emirates. Qatar is same as emirate, so far it has been the cheapest. Everyone been talking bout qatar because of ther mouth-watering package, I used qatar and I was satisfied. Go online and read reviews of air maroc and qatar. The difference is clear

Look, follow the train of conversation before you reply, Zeezahbee.

He complained about the price, and I provided a cheaper option — might not necessarily be better but it was a cheaper option because affordability was the issue.

I also provided other options to rival Qatar in quality — Are you saying Qatar is better than KLM or British Airways?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:22pm On Jul 17, 2014
zeezahbee: gravvy don't start oo, SA airway cheap for where, ok why not book them. Everyone is only trying to cut cost, the cheapest flight so far is qatar, emirate and on some specific date air maroc. Go and try BA or lufthansa and tell me you won't pay 400k to new york. We kept talking about the cheap ones because that's what everyone need

Slimmy said I should list better airlines and there you have it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 1:25pm On Jul 17, 2014
Theflint1: hello house, my prospective schools(undergraduate) requested that my high school transcripts be sent "directly" from the school, I told my high school and they was like they cool with whichever plans I got for delivery. so I wanna ask if I cud send d transcripts in a separate envelope(stamped) within my entire package or I just send it separately from my admission package....Looking to save a couple of thousands from courier money so peeps in d house that have gone thru dis process should help out, as I dunno if my transcript is gonna be compromised by sending it together with my other documents. Thanks in anticipation.

I don't think there is a problem to send ur other admission documents alongside your transcript. All you need to do is to make sure the transcript is sealed with ur school stamp.
My skol requested my transcript be sent from my university. I got my transcript from mu skol, added my financial documents and sent it do the US via dhl with my name as the sender.
Your sko might vary.......it worked for me, it might not work for you.
All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

Look, follow the train of conversation before you reply, Zeezahbee.

He complained about the price, and I provided a cheaper option — might not necessarily be better but it was a cheaper option because affordability was the issue.

I also provided other options to rival Qatar in quality — Are you saying Qatar is better than KLM or British Airways?
all am talking about is the cheap price and good package. Qatar and emirates are cheap and offer same service as KLM and BA. We can't advice anyone here to take KLM after paying tuition fee and still gonna feed. In short if anyone here wants to take a flight of 400k to new york, I will E-slap the person because you can get same comfort and package with other airline and pay below 200k. So gravvy if anyone is giving review of their airline its fine, when you flight air maroc you can also give your review.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
slimmy05: It won't hurt if you post them yourself rather than asking him if that's the only airline he knows. I posted royal maroc and the guy wasn't pleased, showing you its emirates, Qatar or no flight grin
its his choice and he has booked his flight, he was only showing those dates and prices to those that are interested and still want to book. I think he paid $806 for his flight

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
zeezahbee: all am talking about is the cheap price and good package. Qatar and emirates are cheap and offer same service as KLM and BA. We can't advice anyone here to take KLM after paying tuition fee and still gonna feed. In short if anyone here wants to take a flight of 400k to new york, I will E-slap the person because you can get same comfort and package with other airline and pay below 200k. So gravvy if anyone is giving review of their airline its fine, when you flight air maroc you can also give your review.

You obviously haven't bothered to understand my post nor have you put in the least effort in following the conversation.

Olumide talked about price issues — I gave him a cheap alternative, Slimmy went for quality — I gave him a list of quality airlines, with some of them rivalling Qatar in quality and affordability.

Don't mention me again on this issue if you have nothing better to say

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
Rijo02:

I don't think there is a problem to send ur other admission documents alongside your transcript. All you need to do is to make sure the transcript is sealed with ur school stamp.
My skol requested my transcript be sent from my university. I got my transcript from mu skol, added my financial documents and sent it do the US via dhl with my name as the sender.
Your sko might vary.......it worked for me, it might not work for you.
All the best.
tnks bro, the information is real helpful, just what I needed to hear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
Doctor malik, sup with your interview.no hide for corner, can see you are online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
bimbola85: For those looking for universities with low tuition, you can check University of Central Missouri if they offers your major.

Their graduate tuition not more than $552.50(without financial aid) per credit hour. With financial aid, you pay half or no tuition @ all.

They are still accepting applications for Fall 2014. You upload all the supporting documents online except for WES evaluation that must be sent by WES.

For those that already gotten their visas and looking for cheaper school, you can check this school if they have your major.

Cheers.
Are you in Kansas?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 1:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
zeezahbee: Doctor malik, sup with your interview.no hide for corner, can see you are online.

angry grin zee we get talk o..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2014
Graviton2:

You obviously haven't bothered to understand my post nor have you put in the least effort in following the conversation.

Olumide talked about price issues — I gave him a cheap alternative, Slimmy went for quality — I gave him a list of quality airlines, with some of them rivalling Qatar in quality and affordability.

Don't mention me again on this issue if you have nothing better to say
hey man, you need to calm your nerves ok. You don't expect me to have the same opinion and I wasn't even trying to support olumide but I was only saying what I know and experienced. Why get worked up when people try to have a different opinion. He yaff do oo, I won't say anything ontop this matter again but my own review is that qatar and emirate are still making sense right now. Shikena

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.