Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,725 members, 7,924,331 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 10:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (459962 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
@Amefrica, please do not let your denials hold you back! This may sound like a shock to you but the VO had already categorized you as an intending immigrant from your previous denial case so he wasn't really satisfied with your response to why you chosed the school. There are things that you need to watch out for in your next appointment which some folks here already mentioned. You do get it now! Wishing you the best of luck in Fall!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2013
kunlebal:
Link to book appointment as how, are you not seeing available date on the appointment site. because i dont understand the link you need.

Late last night (early morning in Nigeria) when I clicked on renew visa link, I saw a message saying the first date is Nov 2.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by femmoy(m): 4:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
imperiouxx:

You're welcome sir. https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?country=Nigeria

thank u sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2013
femmoy:

sorry i mean the appointment site itself
No prob bro.
https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?country=Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
Again @Amefrica, on why you want to study Political Science, you may say this: The happenings in Nigeria are really shedding light on just how incompetent many of our politicans are. They are so clouded with their own ideology. So you want to bring sanity to Nigeria and contest for House of Rep in future.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 5:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
imperiouxx:

Late last night (early morning in Nigeria) when I clicked on renew visa link, I saw a message saying the first date is Nov 2.
Do you need to come to nigeria to renew or u will do it from mexico
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
Graviton: Bolded

(I was a USAP scholar till I moved to owerri)

USAP scholar? you be badt guy o!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babsharon(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
imperiouxx:

I guess NO. Most deadlines are tomorrow.
South Dakota State University.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
De Tus: Again @Amefrica, on why you want to study Political Science, you may say this: The happenings in Nigeria are really shedding light on just how incompetent many of our politicans are. They are so clouded with their own ideology. So you want to bring sanity to Nigeria and contest for House of Rep in future.

Good! Thanks bro. I appreciate..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:42pm On Oct 30, 2013
kunlebal:
Do you need to come to nigeria to renew or u will do it from mexico

I only clicked on the link to see how the website is now.

Nigeria isn't bad for F1 renewal, getting it for the first time is the hardest. The hassle about getting appointment date (many months before the interview) and lots of other stress one has to go through in Nigeria make me want to do it in Mexico when it's time (I've a friend in Texas tech who did this in June). In Mexico, you can schedule even the same week you like to be interviewed and as a English speaking student, you'll be attended to in more friendly manner.

Also, I asked the VisaOfficer on the other thread and he/she said students still have to leave the US to get visa renewed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:49pm On Oct 30, 2013
babsharon:
South Dakota State University.

Question is, can he meet up with sending application materials before the deadline?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babsharon(m): 7:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
imperiouxx:

Question is, can he meet up with sending application materials before the deadline?
It depends on him, all I know about d school is that the application deadline is November 14.
I hail yah imperiouxx, d finest guy in New Mexico. LMAO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walecrsyler: 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
Good evening to everyone
Please I would like to know if anyone here can enlighten me more about paying the SEVIS fee in Cotonou especially the bank charges , please house my interview is coming up soon. I will really appreciate all responses. Thanks bless!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2013
babsharon:
It depends on him, all I know about d school is that the application deadline is November 14.
I hail yah imperiouxx, d finest guy in New Mexico. LMAO

angry angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babsharon(m): 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
Walecrsyler: Good evening to everyone
Please I would like to know if anyone here can enlighten me more about paying the SEVIS fee in Cotonou especially the bank charges , please house my interview is coming up soon. I will really appreciate all responses. Thanks bless!
You can budget 43k including d charges and d payment can be мαкє @ Eko bank in seme.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 7:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
imperiouxx:

Nigeria isn't bad for F1 renewal, getting it for the first time is the hardest. The hassle about getting appointment date (many months before the interview) and lots of other stress one has to go through in Nigeria make me want to do it in Mexico when it's time (I've a friend in Texas tech who did this in June). In Mexico, you can schedule even the same week you like to be interviewed and as a English speaking student, you'll be attended to in more friendly manner.

Also, I asked the VisaOfficer on the other thread and he/she said students still have to leave the US to get visa renewed.

Mexico is your best option bro, wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
Walspring:

Yes it is but you will need to contact DHS for them to transfer the fee on your new sevis number given to you by the new school by stating a reason why u want to transfer it. Just check ICE/DHS site for more info.
Bro i cant just imagine you leaveing your fellow mustang remember we must get to obamaland nothing will stop us!

Your sevis fees are valid for a year. All I would say is you tel the school issuing a new i-20 about you having paid for sevis before, and have then contact DHS there.

If it's still valid, and there's no certain amount of time it can be used over and over during that one year. So, if there's no such stipulated concurrent use then the school would be about to send you the new i-20 with the same sevis information.

DHS is a medium used to monitor the influx of students and individuals on the system. It track all your activities and somewhat I'll say movement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux: 8:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
Walecrsyler: Good evening to everyone

I actually copied this out from one of the previous pages on this thread. It should be of help!

1. Photocopy your passport and I-20 form.

2. Go to mile2 and enter a cab going to SEME border. Not sure how much the T.fare is now, just ask anyone where Cabs going to SEME border are.

3. When you get to the border, take a bike and inform the Okada man that you are going to ECO bank.There is one ECOBANK before you cross the border, that's Nigeria's ECOBANK.There is another ECOBANK when you cross, that's your destination.

4. The Immigration guys will stop you for sure.They will ask for your passport and ask if you have foreign currency. Pls, don't give your money to okada man. Some may request this from you that they will help you to cross with it so that you won't tip those guys.Pls, don't be penny wise.

5. They have about 5 points you are going to cross. If you tip for just 1k at the first point, tell the Immigration guys b4 you pay that they will give you some1 to take you along the other 4points.If you didn't request for this, you will tip at 5points.Talk with boldness.Max you can tip 2k.Those guys are thieves.They can just hijack your phone to hold you to ransom and request for 5k tip.Be smart with them.

6. Now when you get to ECOBANK, just tell the cashier you want to pay for SEVIS fee.They understand this wella.

7. The Cashier will write you 200dollars equivalence in CFA/235 dollars equivalence in CFA if you are paying for courier delivery. The last time I went 200dollars = 119,000CFA = 38k naira.You know currency flunctuates. ### Okay, lemme add what Kunsoft just said, the bank will charge you 6,000 naira.

8.The cashier will direct you to the security guys. They will accompany you to a reliable Exchanger.Don't give bank security guys anything cos those exchanger appreciate them.

9. You get back to the bank, a girl will help you fill the Western Union form. The Cashier will request for your I-20 form so that they wont make mistake and request for photocopy of your passport so that they wont make mistake in your name.

10.When you are through, ask the security guy to point a reliable Okada man to you among those that queue in front of the bank. The Okada man will hold you fone and any other valuables with you so that you wont give any tip while coming back.

11. When you cross the border, enter cab for 800/1k back to Mile 2.

Please, do not qoute... cheesy
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
shynepapin101:

Your sevis fees are valid for a year. All I would say is you tel the school issuing a new i-20 about you having paid for sevis before, and have then contact DHS there.

If it's still valid, and there's no certain amount of time it can be used over and over during that one year. So, if there's no such stipulated concurrent use then the school would be about to send you the new i-20 with the same sevis information.

DHS is a medium used to monitor the influx of students and individuals on the system. It track all your activities and somewhat I'll say movement.

For the bold 1

FYI you didnt read is question and maybe you should just go back and read it again because school cant transfer student sevis fee for them, they can only release or transfer student sevis record. You can only transfer your sevis if you have not received a visa or if you are visa exempt and have not applied for non-immigrant status at the POE, you can apply the SEVIS I-901 fee that you already paid to another Form I-20 or DS-2019 and if you meet the basic rules for reapplying fees.

The basic rules for moving a SEVIS I-901 fee payment between SEVIS ID numbers are:

1, The SEVIS I-901 fee must be moved between SEVIS ID numbers for the same individual
2, An additional SEVIS I-901 fee is not required (For more information, see the section, Do I pay the fee?)
3, The SEVIS I-901 fee amount for the new school or program must be less than or equal to the SEVIS I-901 fee already paid (see the Fee Amount Chart)
4, Only the student or exchange visitor may request the move

For the bold 2

There is a difference between transferring sevis fee and sevis record, Amefrica only asked if ''the SEVIS fee valid for other school or I'm going to pay another one after I gt an admission.'' I dont think a student can use a sevis number issued to him/her by Texas state university if he/she later got admitted into University of California which am sure is not possible.

Source -- http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/faq7.htm#_Toc81222150 (transfer of sevis fee)

You can also check the link below;

http://www.ice.gov/sevis/f_1_transfers.htm#_Toc174419532 (Transfers for F-1 Students )
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
kofsy:

Oh, I see! Who made you the judge over good or bad advice?

I don't need to be a Judge. It was BAD Advice. PERIOD. he has denials already and you want him to go back for spring. Please tell me what can possibly change between now and spring. As far as the VO is concerned, he is an intending immigrant and WILL BE DENIED AGAIN if he goes as early as spring. Most people who go back early after a denial and get approved only got it probably as a result of an earlier VOs error/discretion. In this case, he's been tagged as unqualified. I hate to be blunt but the truth is the odds of getting that visa will beclose to 0.5% should he decide to go back too early. WAIT till at least Fall 2014.
Again this is just my opinion and you may choose to ignore or lesrn from it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
imperiouxx:

You only need to leave the US to renew if you intend to travel. If not, your i94 has a duration of status or d/s stamped on it which guarantees your legal status throughout your study unless you do something illegal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
Walspring:

What makes you think that way? Do you know him from ADAM/ABRAHAM? Why are you attacking him? I thought everyone has the right to ask any questions over here? please dont derail this thread and let people learn because there a lot of people viewing this thread and had gain alot through all the questions people asked on this thread.

FYI this thread is not like this politics thread that you can attack people's personalities and please lets be mindful with what we typed since people only come here to ask question from the Visa Officer only and not people viewing or reading this thread

Thanks Walspring! I never knew it was a sin to him. He's just an a s s
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
A-town:

I don't need to be a Judge. It was BAD Advice. PERIOD. he has denials already and you want him to go back for spring. Please tell me what can possibly change between now and spring. As far as the VO is concerned, he is an intending immigrant and WILL BE DENIED AGAIN if he goes as early as spring. Most people who go back early after a denial and get approved only got it probably as a result of an earlier VOs error/discretion. In this case, he's been tagged as unqualified. I hate to be blunt but the truth is the odds of getting that visa will beclose to 0.5% should he decide to go back too early. WAIT till at least Fall 2014.
Again this is just my opinion and you may choose to ignore or lesrn from it.

Thanks boss! I'm not going to ignore ur opinion. But no bash pls!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 11:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
A-town:

You only need to leave the US to renew if you intend to travel. If not, your i94 has a duration of status or d/s stamped on it which guarantees your legal status throughout your study unless you do something illegal

Yea, I know that for sure. I'm renewing because I need to see home after 2 and half years and for my regular movement in between the two countries.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yea, I know that for sure. I'm renewing because I need to see home after 2 and half years and for my regular movement in between the two countries.

No be beanz,.. You don stay for there small..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 11:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
imperiouxx:

You don't want to renew it in Canada?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 12:03am On Oct 31, 2013
OjaP:

You don't want to renew it in Canada?

Canada is another issue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 12:26am On Oct 31, 2013
imperiouxx:

Canada is another issue.
How and why?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 1:45am On Oct 31, 2013
walako: I am applying to do graduate studies there in MSC. SPORT BUSINESS MANAGEMENT.

Cool... Guess you wanna work in the management section of sports grin What section if i may ask? Well, start your application asap, write requisite tests and always keep in touch with the school admin... mehn! but this school like money o. learnt you will have to deposit about 400 bucks (non-refundable) before issuing you I-20. na wa o. undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 1:48am On Oct 31, 2013
imperiouxx:

When i grow up, i wanna be like you sir. #Omo Naija tokantokan# grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:00am On Oct 31, 2013
lisadem:

When i grow up, i wanna be like you sir. #Omo Naija tokantokan# grin

#Yimu!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gbopee: 3:03am On Oct 31, 2013
Amefrica: I was at the US consulate this morning only to add another denial to my record cry..

I feel like sleeping n never get to wake up. cry cry
hmmm....really sorry about that!the LORD that changed Joseph's story within a second.will do urs....just don't give up.....U will have the best laugh last...the Lord is ur strength.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.