Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:09 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457096 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
shidoshi:

you CANNOT travel ANYTIME you want to!
conditions of the class of visa need to have changed/met.
Do not forget it is not a US passport/PR card that you got it is a Student visa yet to be ''activated''

I've made all the necessary inquiries and I believe I'm in the know. Thanks anyway, I appreciate it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cybercaptive: 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
All set for the interview..... Except 2 thing, when filling DS-160..
I did included my diploma but didn't included my olevel
Education. does that means they won't ask about the year I finish
my high school?... and my uncle is my sponsor..how did you think I
can structure my answer if asked about my sponsor been my uncle
not my Dad.?... Also my diploma notification of result doesn't
have the school stamp but got the register signatory is that OK?.
Advise thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 3:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
Idazbawz: I'm porting by the end of this month 28th precisely... I wish u success in all u lay your hands bro smiley

You are appreciated, bro. All the best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by LoveDecay(m): 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
Just collected my visa at lasgidi getting drunk right now. Leaving for US on the 18th . Goodbye to egusi, edikainkon, and Super sexy fair skinned Nigerian girls with Nigerian accents.

Good Morning America.

@ d dude who got denied 2wice. Try again... White people respect persistence. And if are asked again why or uncle not ur old sponsoring. Start by stating clearly that u where denied twice cos of this. Make u say u changed ur sponsor cos ur dad is having businesses problems and ur uncle is doing well .. Emphasis on WELL and he decided to sponsor u cos ur his favorite nephew or only nephew and he is will to sacrifice to guarantee or future.

I was asked who was paying. Everyone gets that question but it has to convince the v.o, that no matter what the cash flow is guaranteed.

And please don't overdress like a tie and suit. Desperation is a romance killer. Shave baby ass smooth, tuck in ...look at all the vo while or waiting so u tap a feel. Don't act to street smart don't talk to fast....

My 2 cents baby....... cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nikiihardehx(f): 3:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
Ow much will that cost
worldshepherd:

YOU CAN GO FOR ANY MEMBER ACCREDITED UNDER NACES MOST SCHOOLS LIKE WORLD EVALUATION SERVICE (WES) BUT I DO PREFER GLOBAL CREDENTIAL EVALUATION (GCE) BECAUSE THEIR EVALUATION SERVICE IS FASTER AND YOU CAN SCAN YOUR O'LEVEL RESULT TO THEM FOR COURSE-BY-COURSE EVALUATION TYPE.
BEST OF LUCK BUDDY!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
kennyzita: Hi guys,  Just got my visa at Lagos embassy today, between 7:55am and 8:00am.
I just want to thank God. He’s been faithful.
Transcript below:
VO: Student visa?
VO: Your Visa has been approved, pick up your visa here, I will give you your I20 and SEVIS receipt, make you travel with it. (VO smiles)
Me: Thank you very much (I walk away promptly)
pNo documents requested for, I just thank God Again, its God, God, God, then do your part.

Thanks juntod, Idazbawz for helping out.
Congrats, Fellow LAUTECH Alumni. Enjoy your stay in the United States! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
laura2014: Visa denied Yesterday. I was so sad and cried that I couldn't even visit Nairaland.

This is my Second time .
First was in January and i deferred till Fall and my school resumes 25th of AUGUST .

I honestly have read your transcript and I don't know why you keep getting denied. You have a good school. Good course. Your answers were good enough. Is there something you're omitting? Or probably you should change your sponsor to another person (i.e Dad or Mom) and try get funding from the school. That sure helps a lot. Pele smiley

PS: Pray a lot too. It never hurts anything.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2014
Domex,

I'm really sorry about your visa denial, it is well - Do not relent, re-fire as soon as you can manage. God is able.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
LoveDecay: Just collected my visa at lasgidi getting drunk right now. Leaving for US on the 18th . Goodbye to egusi, edikainkon, and Super sexy fair skinned Nigerian girls with Nigerian accents.

Good Morning America.

@ d dude who got denied 2wice. Try again... White people respect persistence. And if are asked again why or uncle not ur old sponsoring. Start by stating clearly that u where denied twice cos of this. Make u say u changed ur sponsor cos ur dad is having businesses problems and ur uncle is doing well .. Emphasis on WELL and he decided to sponsor u cos ur his favorite nephew or only nephew and he is will to sacrifice to guarantee or future.

I was asked who was paying. Everyone gets that question but it has to convince the v.o, that no matter what the cash flow is guaranteed.

And please don't overdress like a tie and suit. Desperation is a romance killer. Shave baby ass smooth, tuck in ...look at all the vo while or waiting so u tap a feel. Don't act to street smart don't talk to fast....

My 2 cents baby....... cool
Lol...i dey feel you bro..

No go drink loose guard..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by PedigreeCity: 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
honeyad: Congrats to those who just got visa.. And to those who are planning to visit the embassy soon.. God will grant you your heart desire.. Amen
Amen. IJN...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
Domex,

I remember telling you several times here that you have red flags all around you. I told you that no reasonable company would invest in a computer operator for a BS degree abroad. There are several IT graduates even with PhDs in Nigeria that they can hire right away; this is just common sense. Sponsoring you for a master degree could be more reasonable.

I could also vividly remember you telling me that I am not the V.O and that the V.O would not look into all of that. FYI, I was particularly interested in your case at that time because you sounded promising, and I thought all you needed was just proper guidance. I have said this in the past and I am saying it again now; unless you change your sponsor to any of your family members preferably your parents, you may never, ever get your visa approved. Do not waste your money re-applying or re-packaging if this won't change. Do the right thing.

P.S: Although your answers to your course offerings were disappointing, this may still be overlooked if you'd given good points in response to questions that followed. Unfortunately, your "sponsor" denied you the visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
Joenice: Congrats. In God We Trust!! In software testing, what language do you use?

YORUBA! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2014
olumide098: Guyz wish me happy birthday nah...

Happy Biday! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
laura2014:

yes they should if i talk to them ? guess its just to give statement of account .
but

1 what if they can ?

2 what if they cannot ?? as we didn't have a sponsorship agreement ? you know how this people can like to take things seriously as if someone is going to use their statement of account for something else especially when such condition is not stated on the offer letter .

I already used two sponsorship right now . my dad first . my uncle second.
is their a space of co-sponsor on the ds160 ? or how should i have answered the V.O

Verbally and by showing the two statements of account whenever the VO asks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
coobboy:

Is this possible in all cases after getting an F1 visa and still have a B1/B2 visa @bolded

There is always no crime in holding B1/B2 and applying for a F1. In fact, it enhances your chance. The problem is thinking your F1 visa would be granted while you are still on B1/B2 in the US. I argued this with someone here before (I can't remember that thread member anymore).

The VO asked if she has registered for classes to nail her.

The rule says you MUST never enrolled in classes before your F1 is approved while you're on visiting or tourism visa in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by phemix: 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
Happy bday Olumide 098:

The guy that transformed my SOP and I was wondering if it was still truly my own handiwork, eyin badt gAan.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by puffilee387: 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hello guys, I just got approved of my F1 visa today and it was God and always God. It was the Black VO at the first booth. She was nice and a bit patient. I actually have a valid B1 visa that will expire Next year august but she never mentioned nor asked about it.
My challenge is that my sch will be resuming 21st of august and I shd be there before august 19th but I have pressing family matters which may not allow me resume about the time I was asked to resume. I spoke with me school and they say it is ok for me to resume late which could be 27th of august and they say they will furnish me a letter to that effect if the need will be. My fear is at the port of entry could this be a challenge?
Please advice....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by phemix: 4:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
imperiouxx:

YORUBA! grin

Dat would be prograMmed by MR Imperrioux 2understand protein (yoruba foods)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by xp17(m): 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
@luckyluciano77, my cousin (male) starts his grad program this august for petroleum eng also at uni Louisiana. I'd like you guys to know each other. he's a newyork resident.

note: Louisiana police arrest like mad those guys don't joke with tickets, they distribute like church fliers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by coobboy(m): 4:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
imperiouxx:

There is always no crime in holding B1/B2 and applying for a F1. In fact, it enhances your chance. The problem is thinking youre F1 visa would be granted while you are still on B1/B2 in the US. I argued this with someone here before (I can't remember that thread member anymore). The VO asked if she has registered for classes to nail her.

The rule says you MUST never enrolled in classes before your F1 is approved while you're on visiting or tourism visa in the US.
Oh thank you very much for this sir.
But I was asking If the B1/B2 visa will still be valid after getting an F1 visa, and enter into the states just for tourism purpose before school resumes.......and when school is about to start you use the F1 visa to enter into the states.

Sorry if I didn't structure my question well its all confusing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2014
coobboy:
Oh thank you very much for this sir.
But I was asking If the B1/B2 visa will still be valid after getting an F1 visa, and enter into the states just for tourism purpose before school resumes.......and when school is about to start you use the F1 visa to enter into the states.

Sorry if I didn't structure my question well its all confusing

If your B1 is not cancelled, then it can always serve its purpose.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
Graviton2:

I've made all the necessary inquiries and I believe I'm in the know. Thanks anyway, I appreciate it.

How are you doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
phemix:

Dat would be prograMmed by MR Imperrioux 2understand protein (yoruba foods)

Opo faweli HTML so pe ......... undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by coobboy(m): 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
imperiouxx:

If your B1 is not cancelled, then it can always serve it's purpose.
Alright thank you sir, for being of so much help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
@pixietop&wife, kennyzita, puffilee387

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
kennyzita: Hi guys,  Just got my visa at Lagos
VO: Your Visa has been approved, pick up your visa here, I will give you your I20 and SEVIS receipt, make you travel with it. (VO smiles)
Me: Thank you very much (I walk away promptly)
pNo documents requested for, I just thank God Again, its God, God, God, then do your part.

Thanks juntod, Idazbawz for helping out.
Dear, I'm so happy for you.... big, big, big congratulations to you and your hubby... my regards to him..

Enjoy your travel preps and finally; have an enjoyable trip to US cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
imperiouxx: @pixietop&wife, kennyzita, puffilee387

Cheers!
grin welcome back big bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 5:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
streetMic:

1. Get a family sponsorship
2. Know ur courses, it shows u really going for studies.
3. u obviously went prepared for certain questions. go ready 2 answer any type of question. don't underate d Powa of mock interviews, am sure u had non.
4. kill tension, read all the transcripts on dis forum.
5. Tell it to God.

Getting a family sponsorship will definately raise more question and might even look more suspicious..
I will work on my flaws, in my 1st and 2nd interview the VO didn't empasize much on the sponsorship.
The first one was a mistake, i-20 stated family funds and I filled company funds on ds160.
I have gone to change the i-20 to company funds and was denied again today..
I don't know how changing the i-20 back to family funds will look?
I really need personally advice..
@stewee, I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2014
juntod:

So sorry bro. I never knew you were going for undergrad. I guess that is where the problem comes from. A company sponsoring your undergrad? That is a big red flag as it is highly suspicious. What do they stand to gain? Tell me the truth, are they actually going to pay for your undergrad or you are just using their statement as a cover up? Get a family sponsor and fire again bro. You can still make it.

Also try to familiarise yourself with a few courses from comp science in the undergrad level.

I don't have a any family member that can sponsor that huge amount ($20,950).
If I change sponsor now it might affect my chances on my next trial, cos they keep records on their system.
I just spoke to my school now; they said that I can't meet up that I should defer to spring by ending of the month (aug)
I don't even know what to do now as I am tired and fed up. I don't know if I should tell the school to change it to family fund now..
I really need assistance..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by phemix: 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
imperiouxx:

Opo faweli HTML so pe ......... undecided

Walahi, mi o mo, Baba, you got PM aptly respond sir,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by phemix: 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
domex007:

If I change sponsor now it might affect my chances on my next trial, cos they keep records on their system.
I just spoke to my school now; they said that I can't meet up that I should defer to spring by ending of the month (aug)
I don't even know what to do now as I am tired and fed up. I don't know if I should tell the school to change it to family fund now..

Calm down Domex and do the needful pls bro.... I feel your pain, PM any of the bossses that can calm you dwon and tell you wat 2do and pls follow wateva they tell you, biko,

You will get it, beleieve me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
domex007:

i really feel for you..i never wish this for anybody cos its a long tedious process writing tests,getting admitted into a school and finally getting denied at the embassy.

You've made the mistake taking a company's SOA to the consulate going for undergraduate studies.
You stated no family of urs can sponsor your fees only this company.And changing it to family will look suspicious,cos the question on the visa officer's mind will be,so you have a family that can sponsor you and you came earlier with a company account.
You might even be placed on administrative processing.

This kind of situation,if the company really wants to sponsor you for 58months..it's best you try out the canadian visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.