Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (456997 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
my goons, please check dis out ==>>
boneruns:

Sorry to ask ones more: how easy is getting TA? Can single Letter of Recommendation be used for multiple PG application?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
Can I use first bank atm or gtb bank atm in usa to withdraw dollars. Will it work? Leaving tonight frds. Urgent reply pls

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by luckyluciano77: 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
xp17: @luckyluciano77, my cousin (male) starts his grad program this august for petroleum eng also at uni Louisiana. I'd like you guys to know each other. he's a newyork resident.

note: Louisiana police arrest like mad those guys don't joke with tickets, they distribute like church fliers

PM me. No yawa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
goldenchic: Can I use first bank atm or gtb bank atm in usa to withdraw dollars. Will it work? Leaving tonight frds. Urgent reply pls

GTB's work!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babysimzy(f): 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hello house. Am reporting live from the city of Marshall in Minnesota, U.S. Thank God for safe journey and thanks to all my bosses here who helped me climb this ladder succesfully within 8months. To all aspiring student, ire na a kari ooo. What's left now is how to pay almost a million naira every 6month, hmm! God dey sha. Thanks peeps

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 2:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
babysimzy: Hello house. Am reporting live from the city of Marshall in Minnesota, U.S. Thank God for safe journey and thanks to all my bosses here who helped me climb this ladder succesfully within 8months. To all aspiring student, ire na a kari ooo. What's left now is how to pay almost a million naira every 6month, hmm! God dey sha. Thanks peeps
Darling, how dare u leave without informing your boo?? I'm vexing for u angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
goldenchic: Can I use first bank atm or gtb bank atm in usa to withdraw dollars. Will it work? Leaving tonight frds. Urgent reply pls
GTb ma'am...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
kennyzita: thanks so much everyone.

Quick one please, are there vaccinations that one has to take in preparation for travel to the US? plus with this ebola thing, what precautions are necessary for POE things?

Thanks.

MsNas: Fellow LAUTECH Alumni, how you doing?
I'm doing good, Ma'am. Congrats again

As per vaccinations goes, you don't need to show proof of Vaccination at the POE but you will be required to show it in school. Or the school will tell you to do it on campus. I'd advise you to get them done in Nigeria as its dirt cheap in Nigeria. My school charged me almost $250 for the immunizations I did on campus. Its cheaper outside of school but you have to set up an appointment and they're always backed up a lot. So do the MMR and Rubella thingy in Nigeria, please. All the best. Lemme know if I can help in any other regard.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
babysimzy: Hello house. Am reporting live from the city of Marshall in Minnesota, U.S. Thank God for safe journey and thanks to all my bosses here who helped me climb this ladder succesfully within 8months. To all aspiring student, ire na a kari ooo. What's left now is how to pay almost a million naira every 6month, hmm! God dey sha. Thanks peeps

Welcome! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by xp17(m): 2:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
luckyluciano77:

PM me. No yawa.
I just talked with him, he said you guys would be at different cities and campuses respectively. his major (petroleum eng) is at Lafayette while yours (mba) is at Monroe and they are about 2hrs drive apart.

I can't get access to my NL email account, my working email is ighodaroosagie17@gmail.com. just pm me and indicate you re a NL buddy and I'd try to link you guys, even if it ones in a while meeting, at least it would reduce the home feelings.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 2:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
Pls ETSU will like me to send my docs to dem tru postage and they said they cannot send my docs back to Nigeria but they can send it to any of my relatives in the US.
Is any body in the usa who can help receive this docs and mail dem back to me
I will pay the sending fee from US.
Pls i need geniue answers.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mckenziii(m): 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
@ teddy reinvite mi on bbm,hw far
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teddyrain(m): 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2014
Mckenziii: @ teddy reinvite mi on bbm,hw far
okay bro i got a new android phone i discarded my old blackberry. do pm me your pin. i will soon be back on bbm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
zeezahbee: imperrioux, like we all know VOs are different and it depends on how you nail the question i still believe saying you registered for classes already always help, vo asked me same question and i didnt even prepare for that question, i just said yes and he said i should list the classes, well as a qualified student i mentioned the classes even though i wasnt sure and the interview was over and i got d visa. some visa interview end immediately and still VOs try to ask more question to see if they can still approve you, for me i think when you having your interview around aug and early september for fall, i think the person should say they registered for classes already, its like a commitment. all in all, what works for A, might not work for B
anyways how are you?

I understand you my sis but the case I described is for someone on B1/B2 and who's already living in the US and seeking F1 visa to change status.

The B1/B2 visa holders who are in the US must not enroll until they do their F1 visa interview and the visa approved. In fact, it's written on schools international students FAQ webpage this way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
zeezahbee: HONEYAD oga ooo, you just forget your aunty tongue

My nairaland aunty.. I'm sorry ma embarassed oya let's talk private kiss kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
laura2014:

Thanks Sir . so do you mean i should still take my uncle as sponsor so i do not change information.? please advice.

because i want to re apply soon .
saw August 16 for Lagos .
but i wish to go to Abuja . can i seek emergency at abuja cos the available date in abuja is september 25

Yes, since this is your most recent sponsor and you have cogent reasons for that. Other sponsor can be your co. I've seen cases like this here many times. Just let them know why you have the cosponsor (e.g your dad - your cosponsor doesn't want to be left out and said he would be a backup and support some of your minor needs like caring for your housing and transportation).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by vickiestephen: 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
I want to share my visa experience yesterday at abuja US embassy. My appointment was for 9.30 but I got there by 8am. Here's the transcript
VO- good morning maam
Me- good morning to you (smiles)
VO- so was this the only school you applied
Me- no. I applied to three other schools
VO- so why this school
Me- this school has a well structured curriculum that fits my career goals and they offered me scholarship
VO- who will sponsor you
Me-my mother
VO- can I have her bank statement
Me- hands it to her. As she was flipping through it I then mentioned I also have her shares statement and certificate here-
VO- can I have a look
Me- hands the shares stamens to her
VO- your visa has been approved and will be ready to pick up in three business days
Me- smiled and said thank you
I was so excited that I couldn't eat all throug yesterday. Thanks to my mother for her unending support, thanks to my boo and love of my life and thanks to all naira landers for your helpful tips and advise. I will be leaving naija on Wednesday

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
Thumbs up vickiestephen!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kennyzita(f): 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
congrats. . . vickiestephen

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by donpapachi(m): 4:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
vickiestephen: I want to share my visa experience yesterday at abuja US embassy. My appointment was for 9.30 but I got there by 8am. Here's the transcript
VO- good morning maam
Me- good morning to you (smiles)
VO- so was this the only school you applied
Me- no. I applied to three other schools
VO- so why this school
Me- this school has a well structured curriculum that fits my career goals and they offered me scholarship
VO- who will sponsor you
Me-my mother
VO- can I have her bank statement
Me- hands it to her. As she was flipping through it I then mentioned I also have her shares statement and certificate here-
VO- can I have a look
Me- hands the shares stamens to her
VO- your visa has been approved and will be ready to pick up in three business days
Me- smiled and said thank you
I was so excited that I couldn't eat all throug yesterday. Thanks to my mother for her unending support, thanks to my boo and love of my life and thanks to all naira landers for your helpful tips and advise. I will be leaving naija on Wednesday
congrat bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jeffobodo: 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
house a friend of mine went for f-1 interview in 2011 and was denied although he presented an ond certificate during the interview now hes done with his hnd and working now,hes now planning to go for visiting b1/b2 visa what are his chances at the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by donpapachi(m): 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
Graviton2:

I trust you, you be rich nigga nau!
4 where bro na packaging
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aanowai(m): 4:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hello Imperiouxx, Hello house!!

I have been accepted and granted admission for my graduate study this Fall. I'm also made to understand that my admission letter and I-20 should be here in a couple of days.

My questions are:-

(1) Do I wait for the admission letter and I-20 to get here first, before proceeding to pay the SEVIS fee and Visa fee?

(2) If no, how do I proceed with paying the SEVIS fee through the help of a friend in the U.S? I have a friend who can help me pay with a Money Order, but what do I need to do from here and what does my friend need to do?

Thanks all..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by vickiestephen: 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=donpapachi]congrat bro.I'm not a bro. I'm a she. Lol grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aanowai(m): 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hello Decreamaster, Hello house!!

I have been accepted and granted admission for my graduate study this Fall. I'm also made to understand that my admission letter and I-20 should be here in a couple of days.

(1) Do I wait for the admission letter and I-20 to get here first, before proceeding to pay the SEVIS fee and Visa fee?

(2) If no, how do I proceed with paying the SEVIS fee through the help of a friend in the U.S? I have a friend who can help me pay with a Money Order, but what do I need to do from here and what does my friend need to do?

Thanks all..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aanowai(m): 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hello Joenice, Hello house!!

Thanks all..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by vickiestephen: 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
aanowai: Hello Imperiouxx, Hello house!! Well I will advise you to pay for your sevis before your 1-20 arrives. This because it takes two business days for them to confirm it at the embassy. All you need to do is provide your sevis number and your date of birth to your friend in USA. Then your friend will go online and fill the form and take the print out to western union to make payment. I hope this helps?

Thanks all..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
aanowai: Hello Joenice, Hello house!!

Thanks all..
I am responding to you right now. Well, if your school can forward scanned copy to you, then you have to take a look at the documents, after that you proceed with paying of SEVIS and visa fee. But if they cannot, then you need to wait for the packet before making any payments.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jeffobodo: 4:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
joenice pls i need you to throw somelight

house a friend of mine went for f-1 interview in
2011 and was denied although he presented an
ond certificate during the interview now hes done
with his hnd and working now,hes now planning
to go for visiting b1/b2 visa what are his chances
at the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 5:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
aanowai: Hello Joenice, Hello house!!

Thanks all..
sire... since your admission package is in transit, go ahead and make the payments(SEVIS and visa fee) email your school to scan u a copy of your i20, you'll need it during your SEVIS payment...

Speaking of sevis payment, why cant u just go and pay it via western union at cotonou?? Wen is yur schoil resuming.. well, payment through check/money order can be made after filling your payment coupon(can be found at fmjfee.com) online, then print it out.... scan it to your Frnd in US; he'll need to mail the coupon alongside the money order to SEVIS i901 mailing address(its boldly written on their website)

Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
jeffobodo: joenice pls i need you to throw somelight

house a friend of mine went for f-1 interview in
2011 and was denied although he presented an
ond certificate during the interview now hes done
with his hnd and working now,hes now planning
to go for visiting b1/b2 visa what are his chances
at the embassy
Hey, this forum is for students' visa and not tourists. But to respond to your question, how long has he been working now? Was he working before? If no, then his chances are higher now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hello good people,
Can a student defer admission twice?
Example: got admission for spring 2014,
Deferred to august (fall 2014) and now wants to defer to spring 2015,
Is it possible?

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.