Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,798 members, 7,915,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (459574 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
domex007: Hello good people,
Can a student defer admission twice?
Example: got admission for spring 2014,
Deferred to august (fall 2014) and now wants to defer to spring 2015,
Is it possible?
No, it's not.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
domex007: Hello good people,
Can a student defer admission twice?
Example: got admission for spring 2014,
Deferred to august (fall 2014) and now wants to defer to spring 2015,
Is it possible?
Yes it is. Smoothkool differed his admission twice cos his visa was refused.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 5:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
Fadinus, we get talk biko. Wherever u dey, please holla. #TreatAsUrgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
aw far with dis Ebola? hope e no go affect trips dis season
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mckenziii(m): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2014
@domexx is possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
Joenice: No, it's not.
of cos, it is... after the second deferment, he'll need to pay another application fee..
That's all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 6:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
streetMic: aw far with dis Ebola? hope e no go affect trips dis season
I bin won ask seff undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
thanks guy....

imperiouxx:

Happy Biday! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
Am back from the Future...... grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
Idazbawz: of cos, it is... after the second deferment, he'll need to pay another application fee..
That's all

If he get brain am sure he wont need to pay for second deferment...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
stevecrun: I left ikeja with my cousin and his wife at about 5.30am to victoria island
We arrived at about 6.20am at the embassy and checked in for my appointment which was slated for 6.30am.I joined the short queue.After all the normal ritual done before the applicant sees the VO,here is my transcript.

Note-i was tensed i nearly had an heartattack,its my first time at the usa embassy. I was praying to be interviewed by the white lady or the young white guy.I finally got the young guy,my number was A046.

VO-How did you know about this school?
Me-I made my research on the internet using Usnews.com,wikipedia,collegeboard.org and the school's website.

VO-Did you not apply to other schools?
Me-I applied to University of Central Arkansas and Texas Southern University

VO-What does SMSU have that these other two do not have?
Me-both TSU and UCA do not offer out of state tuition scholarship but SMSU does cos international students are allowed to pay same fee with those born in Minnesota(he nods)

VO-Why criminal justice and safety studies?
Me-With a bachelor degree in criminal justice and safety studies,i will be able to ascertain the psychology behind crime,and measures that can be taken to limit the rate of crime in our society thereby rehabilitating offenders.
Sir,i believe our present methods in dealing with criminals in Nigeria has not made our society safe rather it has made our problems worse,so with this degree,i will be able to contribute to the security of lives and properties here in Nigeria.(All this while he was looking at me and i maintained eye contact)

VO-Your sponsor?
Me-My mother
VO-What does she do?
She's owns a cement distributing company,which distributes majorly for Elephant cement co.

VO-How many workers work with her?
Me-Sir,she has two branches one in Asaba and warri and has alot of workers

VO-What's your other qualification?
Me-I have an NCE qualification and i did that from 2009-2012 including the compulsory Teaching practice

VO-Why is your mom sponsoring only you to the usa,don't you have other siblings?
Me-Am the first son and i have 3other siblings
My younger sister is in a law school,the third girl is a medical student in one of the Nigerian unis and the last(he cut me off here)
VO-what do you stand to gain?
Am the first and i will be the heir to her business empire including my dad's houses.

VO(nods and says i will have to issue your visa now,you choose isolo,so pick up your visa there,after 3 working days,we contact you through an sms or email.
Hands me my white pickup slip after circling.
I gave him a thumb up and he smiled.

The journey has not been easy only those that know me will attest.
I thank God for his mercies and unending favour.
Walspring,is a good friend and brother,God will make u smile
Gre8ever,your calls and words of encouragement
Graviton
Bimbola,thanks for correcting my mistakes before i headed to the consulate
Slimmy,God will make you smile soon
Teddyrain,not forgetting u bro...your prayer lines helped too.
If ive not mentioned you no vex,my brain full now.

And my mother,without her i won't be here..I love you mom..she's the happiest mom now in the world..

All those who are headed there soon,be steadfast and commit your needs to God.
I cut off with my girlfriend cos of american visa,am sorry babe,cut off sex,cut off drinking.I was closer to God..
More testimonies sha abound here.

Its being a long journey..THANK GOD WE MADE IT TO AMERICA

Congrats big boss.... I didnt post this here before i did that off thread... Wishing you a blissful stay in obamaland...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
gr8ever:

The journey of a thousand mile begins with a step.

I'm really happy for you brother. Our efforts finally paid off....Thank God we made.

My greetings to your cousin. smiley

The Girl or the Guy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
Came across this and thought I should share.

Cuz e be like say Na "As you can see" dey collect visa now.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
Niiade: Hello RickyRozay, Mandybaby2007, stevecrun, drzik, Amefrica, Walspring and other members of this thread,

A good friend just had his interview and has been granted his visa,
He has so many questions to get answered before leaving and he turned to my direction and i have come to my NL to get solutions for him
He is headed to SMSU, Minnesota for Business Administration, He was told school fees is about 8000 and Living expenses 7000, He looking to get cheaper accomodation, since he cant really afford that after school fees.
Please what does he need, any needed information and relevant information about flight, accomdation, school enviroment etc is very key. thank you

Sorry to ask, cant your friend connect to NL at all

Since he cant afford the fee, let him defer and hustle or source for money to get the fee or he should look for CC or UNI he will be able to pay.

He should contact Ricky for further assistance via pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
Idazbawz: of cos, it is... after the second deferment, he'll need to pay another application fee..
That's all
oh great...that sounds cool.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
Graviton2:

1. The school refused instamental payments.
2. The school refused to defer the admission
3. They are insisting on the student arriving this fall or they will cancel the i-20 and not issue another.

There are three people facing this problem and I know them personally — they read this thread as guests, I'm also facing a similar dilemma so I took on myself to inquire. I've being open enough.

This school extra bad or the witches wey dey those people back or village no wan make dem enter obamaland after they have their visa.. Lol grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
Walspring:

This school extra bad or the witches wey dey those people back or village no wan make dem enter obamaland after they have their visa.. Lol grin grin grin

Well unfortunately for the witches, God is far more powerful and able to break whatever hold they might have. What's your take on the issue?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
goldenchic: Can I use first bank atm or gtb bank atm in usa to withdraw dollars. Will it work? Leaving tonight frds. Urgent reply pls

It will work if first bank get biz with any of the bank is usa but Gtbank own is tested and trusted so far..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
vickiestephen: I want to share my visa experience yesterday at abuja US embassy. My appointment was for 9.30 but I got there by 8am. Here's the transcript
VO- good morning maam
Me- good morning to you (smiles)
VO- so was this the only school you applied
Me- no. I applied to three other schools
VO- so why this school
Me- this school has a well structured curriculum that fits my career goals and they offered me scholarship
VO- who will sponsor you
Me-my mother
VO- can I have her bank statement
Me- hands it to her. As she was flipping through it I then mentioned I also have her shares statement and certificate here-
VO- can I have a look
Me- hands the shares stamens to her
VO- your visa has been approved and will be ready to pick up in three business days
Me- smiled and said thank you
I was so excited that I couldn't eat all throug yesterday. Thanks to my mother for her unending support, thanks to my boo and love of my life and thanks to all naira landers for your helpful tips and advise. I will be leaving naija on Wednesday

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
Graviton2:

Well unfortunately for the witches, God is far more powerful and able to break whatever hold they might have. What's your take on the issue?

I told you that on phone, am sure that will work perfectly without no delay at POE and homeland too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
aanowai: Hello Imperiouxx, Hello house!!

I have been accepted and granted admission for my graduate study this Fall. I'm also made to understand that my admission letter and I-20 should be here in a couple of days.

My questions are:-

(1) Do I wait for the admission letter and I-20 to get here first, before proceeding to pay the SEVIS fee and Visa fee?

(2) If no, how do I proceed with paying the SEVIS fee through the help of a friend in the U.S? I have a friend who can help me pay with a Money Order, but what do I need to do from here and what does my friend need to do?

Thanks all..

Are you referring to fall 2014 or fall 2015? cos date for embassy now is August 22 downward and when is your resumption date?

For the sevis fee, go to www.fmjfee.com and fill the payment coupon form, print it out and scan it to your friend or save it on ur system and send it to your friend to print.. After that your friend can address the Money order with your sevis details and names both at the back of the Money order and mail it to their mailing address via courier or post office
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
Walspring:

I told you that on phone, am sure that will work perfectly without no delay at POE and homeland too

There is a new development. Let me call you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
castrotroy80: Abeg gurus in the house, urgent advice needed
I lost my old international passport with expired south african visa and turkish visa on which i already filled on the ds160 form as my travel history. This was the passport i used to apply for admission, although the old passport will expire this month end, which made me applied the new one which i have with me now. I have an affidavit and a police report. My interview is nextweek
Do i need to notify the school?
Hope there wont be a problem if i go to the embassy with the new passport, affidavit and police report?

Another thing is my mum is co-sponsoring me, can i go with her personal bank statement which reflects the returns we make on my late Dads property, though the transaction and balance on the account is very huge instead of going with the company's account which the balance is lower.
Abeg make una advice me o as i no fit sleep they think of what to do

Well there wont be problem in Jesus name, just go with the back up that you have
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
Graviton2:

There is a new development. Let me call you.

Okay.. waiting for the call
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
Walspring:

Okay.. waiting for the call

Your airtel line is registering as "Switched off"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
Graviton2:

Your airtel line is registering as "Switched off"

Yea but On already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
Walspring:

Congrats big boss.... I didnt post this here before i did that off thread... Wishing you a blissful stay in obamaland...
thanks..wishing we all a blissful stay in America.Go get your visa,make we fly together.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Niiade(m): 7:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
Walspring:

Sorry to ask, cant your friend connect to NL at all

Since he cant afford the fee, let him defer and hustle or source for money to get the fee or he should look for CC or UNI he will be able to pay.

He should contact Ricky for further assistance via pm

He can sir, but he has a bad phone so he cant really do all that, we read all the comments together sir.

well he dey hustle the money out, flights and first payment ready, he just need extra and working towards the next payment. he is in the same department with babysim i guess.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 7:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
Walspring: Am back from the Future...... grin grin grin

Ehen, tell us what we should expect from this Ebola wahala. And, will I ever be the VC of OAU? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 8:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
godG:

Ehen, tell us what we should expect from this Ebola wahala. And, will I ever be the VC of OAU? cheesy

Hahahaha....just can't stop laughing. Walspring must answer this question oh.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by amanze15(m): 8:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
osahons9:

Well, I will tell you this. Apply for spring 2015. You can send gre scores on or after the deadlines. They will surely accept it.
thanks!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 9:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
Please house, I want to book my ticket to New york now. but the airline (british airline) transiting through London, Do I need a transit visa to stop in London? please i need response as soon as possible.

cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.