Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,146 members, 7,880,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:00 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457595 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ultrazone2(m): 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
@House, I appreciate all the information shared on this thread. Please keep up the good work.

1. Can anyone share with me more schools with cheap tuition with antecedent of providing GA to Nigerian students. I know about SDSU and SMSU only.

2. In what states should I be searching for schools if tuition is a major concern?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 1:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
Amefrica: Hello house!

Is Eja panla (Stock-fish) allowed while checking in, also at the Point of Entry (Toronto not New York)? I'm traveling with a lot of it.. cheesy

It's allowed in Nigeria here, can't say about the port of entry over there but a friend of mine went with lotta stock fish to canada like a year back.. As long as its dried.. I don't think there should be problem...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
bigfrancis21:

The next SAT dates are Oct 11 and Nov 8 this year. Visit their website, http://sat.collegeboard.org/home for more information.

Boss please when does a SAT exam result expire.

And can u help me with study materials? Please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by PedigreeCity: 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
JycOsas: hello
am new to dis trend
want to say a big thanks to Graviton , streetmic
just had a successful interview Big Congrats

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
Who wants my SAT KAPLAN textbook 2013?Am giving it out free..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
honeyad:

It's allowed in Nigeria here, can't say about the port of entry over there but a friend of mine went with lotta stock fish to canada like a year back.. As long as its dried.. I don't think there should be problem...

Thanks bro! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
siegfried99:

Boss please when does a SAT exam result expire.

And can u help me with study materials? Please

5years only!

...if I'm not wrong.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
Amefrica:

Thanks bro! smiley

Ya welcome boss... Thought u were defering earlier? You changed your mind cos of EBOLA abi? lipsrsealed grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
stevecrun: Who wants my SAT KAPLAN textbook 2013?Am giving it out free..

Bros I raise hand... Getting it for a close friend of mine.. Can I pm u ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ultrazone2(m): 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
ultrazone2: @House, I appreciate all the information shared on this thread. Please keep up the good work.

1. Can anyone share with me more schools with cheap tuition with antecedent of providing GA to Nigerian students. I know about SDSU and SMSU only.

2. In what states should I be searching for schools if tuition is a major concern?
Please people, don't turn a blind eye to my questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ngofancy: 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
Walspring:

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland....
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am also leaving on Wednesday. What school are you heading to and what state in the US.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2014

Bros pls I need it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
honeyad:

Ya welcome boss... Thought u were defering earlier? You changed your mind cos of EBOLA abi? lipsrsealed grin

grin grin

The fear of Ebola is the beginning of Wisdom.. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 1:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
me too... who wants my SAT Kaplan 2011?? Free too cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 1:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
Amefrica:

5years only!

...if I'm not wrong.

okay thanks, but do u have an idea where I can get study materials for SAT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ngofancy: 1:49pm On Aug 09, 2014
vickiestephen: I want to share my visa experience yesterday at abuja US embassy. My appointment was for 9.30 but I got there by 8am. Here's the transcript
VO- good morning maam
Me- good morning to you (smiles)
VO- so was this the only school you applied
Me- no. I applied to three other schools
VO- so why this school
Me- this school has a well structured curriculum that fits my career goals and they offered me scholarship
VO- who will sponsor you
Me-my mother
VO- can I have her bank statement
Me- hands it to her. As she was flipping through it I then mentioned I also have her shares statement and certificate here-
VO- can I have a look
Me- hands the shares stamens to her
VO- your visa has been approved and will be ready to pick up in three business days
Me- smiled and said thank you
I was so excited that I couldn't eat all throug yesterday. Thanks to my mother for her unending support, thanks to my boo and love of my life and thanks to all naira landers for your helpful tips and advise. I will be leaving naija on Wednesday
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Please what state are u heading to and what school are going to because my Flight is also on Wednesday night. I am heading to Connecticut ....University of Bridgeport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
siegfried99:

okay thanks, but do u have an idea where I can get study materials for SAT

I don't!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
Idazbawz: me too... who wants my SAT Kaplan 2011?? Free too cheesy

Pls I wouldn't mind all the help I can get.. pls help a brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
siegfried99:

Pls I wouldn't mind all the help I can get.. pls help a brother.
Google rarely fails. Go online and search for these texts:
1) Barron's SAT 2400, it would make the difference when tackling those hard questions. very important.
2) Mastering the SAT math by jerry Bobrow, would help in tackling the easy questions.
3) Go to the college board website and download all available practice tests, u could just Google "free download of SAT practice test questions" and voilà!
4) GET UR OFFICIAL SAT STUDY GUIDE(HARD COPY), a complete soft copy that contains the practice tests ain't available online(trust me on this) and darn! one needs those practice tests for speed and accuracy building- heard its found "under the bridge at Yaba and Ikeja for 1500-2000."
5) Get the Barron's "critical reading workbook for the SAT" by Sharon Weiner Green.
6) Mastering the SAT critical reading test by Thomas R. Davenport.
7) "501 critical reading questions" by learning express, New York.

cool McGraw-Hill's SAT text, 2010 edition
9) Download several essay prompts and learn as many new words as you can.

All these stuffs and more are available free online for at most 50mb. That's about the help I can give.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Frizzle: 2:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
Naija I dey hail oooo Amefrica, Walspring, Graviton2, Slimmy and the rest hope u are all enjoying the summer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
Frizzle: Naija I dey hail oooo Amefrica, Walspring, Graviton2, Slimmy and the rest hope u are all enjoying the summer

Nigeria no get that kin season. Na raining season n dry season grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 3:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
castrotroy80:

Thanks zeezah, but am sorry to ask this. Hope the school does not share information with the embassy, i mean the information i used in applying for admission. Though it was the old passport i used to apply for admission and at the time i was filling the ds160, i used the new passport number.
My question now is does the school one is going share students information with the embassy?
NO, they dont. you good to edit the ds 160
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
Theflint1: Google rarely fails. Go online and search for these texts:
1) Barron's SAT 2400, it would make the difference when tackling those hard questions. very important.
2) Mastering the SAT math by jerry Bobrow, would help in tackling the easy questions.
3) Go to the college board website and download all available practice tests, u could just Google "free download of SAT practice test questions" and voilà!
4) GET UR OFFICIAL SAT STUDY GUIDE(HARD COPY), a complete soft copy that contains the practice tests ain't available online(trust me on this) and darn! one needs those practice tests for speed and accuracy building- heard its found "under the bridge at Yaba and Ikeja for 1500-2000."
5) Get the Barron's "critical reading workbook for the SAT" by Sharon Weiner Green.
6) Mastering the SAT critical reading test by Thomas R. Davenport.
7) "501 critical reading questions" by learning express, New York.

cool McGraw-Hill's SAT text, 2010 edition
9) Download several essay prompts and learn as many new words as you can.

All these stuffs and more are available free online for at most 50mb. That's about the help I can give.

Lawd! .. thanks grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rubywoo(f): 4:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hello everyone.Got my visa approved at the Abuja Embassy this morning. It was surprising to know interviews were granted on Saturdays too.

First of all I want to thank God Almighty, the God of my Father Bishop David Oyedepo, and all my Pastors under Him, this is indeed strange act of God for which I am grateful.

And thanks to everyone on this forum, your experiences, personal help and mails were really helpful. You all are amazing people.

As is the custom in my local Church, I went for pastoral prayers concerning the interview a few days before (it NEVER fails).

So my appointment was for 8:30 this morning. I got to the embassy at about 7:50am and we were called in at about 8:30am.

We did all the needful blah blah blah and I waited my turn.

I was called in by the nice looking lady in the 8th cubicle, and we exchanged pleasantries’ don’t remember who greeted who first.

VO: so what school are you going?

Me: I tell her.

VO: Have you travelled out of the country before (I was a little taken aback by this question, I didn’t expect it)

Me: Yes

Vo: Where?

Me: I told her

Vo: So you were there for four years

(I can’t really remember how dis part of the interview went, but it was something around these lines)

Me: No 6 years, I was there for 6 years.

VO: Do you have a master’s degree already?

Me: No. I am a doctor; I spent 6 years there getting a medical degree.

(Maybe because of my age she thought I went for a master’s degree)

Vo: OK, what are you going for?

Me: I’m going for a master’s degree in public health

Vo: What would this degree do for you?

Me: Well currently I work as a physician in a government hospital, and most of our patients are really poor people and inspite of the fact that the bills are cheap, they still cant afford what we ask them to pay. So I want to change my approach to patient care. I want to come from a preventive point of view so that I can reach more poor people and teach them to prevent the diseases rather than come and cant afford treatments.

(I don’t think I was this eloquent but this was the general idea I gave her, and I seemed to have been going on and on lol! She looked really interested, and let me keep talking. This is what really happens at my working place and I am truly passionate about this so I guess my passion came forth for me)

VO: So who is sponsoring you?

Me: My uncle

Vo: What does he do?

Me: He is the CEO of blah blah blah and blah blah blah company.

VO: let me have your account statements

I hand it over to her, and she goes thru it for a while and hands it back to me with my I-20 and the white paper saying something. I wasn’t listening anymore.

The reason I emphasize that its all God is that
1.I didn’t write any standardized exam: No TOEFL, no GRE and it wasn’t asked.

2. I didn’t have an extension letter from the school and she told me to come for my passport on the day which is the deadline date for me by the school to get into the US, as stated on my I-20.

Special Thanks to Streetmic, Idazbwaz, Joenice, Ashigolo, Goldenchic (My very personal paddy of life.) and to everyone.

May God bless all your beautiful hearts.
And for those who were delayed and those still going for interviews, May the God of heaven show you all favour.

Bless.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
osahons9:

Nigeria no get that kin season. Na raining season n dry season grin
dry and summer na same. inshort its so hot where i am noww, in short hotter than naija. its like 95degreeF
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
Rubywoo: Hello everyone.Got my visa approved at the Abuja Embassy this morning. It was surprising to know interviews were granted on Saturdays too.

First of all I want to thank God Almighty, the God of my Father Bishop David Oyedepo, and all my Pastors under Him, this is indeed strange act of God for which I am grateful.

And thanks to everyone on this forum, your experiences, personal help and mails were really helpful. You all are amazing people.

As is the custom in my local Church, I went for pastoral prayers concerning the interview a few days before (it NEVER fails).

So my appointment was for 8:30 this morning. I got to the embassy at about 7:50am and we were called in at about 8:30am.

I was called in by the nice looking lady in the 8th cubicle, and we exchanged pleasantries’ don’t remember who greeted who first.

VO: Have you travelled out of the country before (I was a little taken aback by this question, I didn’t expect it)

(I can’t really remember how dis part of the interview went, but it was something around these lines)

Me: Well currently I work as a physician in a government hospital, and most of our patients are really poor people and inspite of the fact that the bills are cheap, they still cant afford what we ask them to pay. So I want to change my approach to patient care. I want to come from a preventive point of view so that I can reach more poor people and teach them to prevent the diseases rather than come and cant afford treatments.

(I don’t think I was this eloquent but this was the general idea I gave her, and I seemed to have been going on and on lol! She looked really interested, and let me keep talking. This is what really happens at my working place and I am truly passionate about this so I guess my passion came forth for me)

I hand it over to her, and she goes thru it for a while and hands it back to me with my I-20 and the white paper saying something. I wasn’t listening anymore.

2. I didn’t have an extension letter from the school and she told me to come for my passport on the day which is the deadline date for me by the school to get into the US, as stated on my I-20.

Special Thanks to Streetmic, Idazbwaz, Joenice, Ashigolo, Goldenchic (My very personal paddy of life.) and to everyone.

And for those who were delayed and those still going for interviews, May the God of heaven show you all favour.

Bless.
Wow...that's so fantastic. And thanks for listening to me. All in all, I'm happy for you. Thank God for everything.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by PedigreeCity: 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
Rubywoo: Hello everyone.Got my visa approved at the Abuja Embassy this morning. It was surprising to know interviews were granted on Saturdays too.

Bless. Congrats
Congrats

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rubywoo(f): 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
Joenice: Wow...that's so fantastic. And thanks for listening to me. All in all, I'm happy for you. Thank God for everything.

Thanks Joenice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rubywoo(f): 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
PedigreeCity: Congrats

Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
slimmy05: those in darkness? That's a very wrong choice of words Joe.
Wrong? No..lol. I am only referring to my sister's friends. They're asking me lots of questions about US stuff. I think they want to join my sister. So I asked them to come to Nairaland and stop asking me a lot of questions.

They're in darkness. They are those in darkness. cheesy

Hope you got my drift now, huh?

Slimmy, how's everything going?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
me abeg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
Rubywoo:

Thanks Joenice.
My pleasure. Take care!

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.