Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,151 members, 7,880,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:25 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457597 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by vickiestephen: 9:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
Thanks ngofancy. I'm going to OHIO. I'm using Arik from naija to newyork. Then another flight from New York to Toledo airprt in OHio. My school is university of Findlay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 09, 2014
siegfried99:

Yes it's possible to take the 2, but I'm just wondering if a company bank statement wouldn't be a red flag..

Or which of the two would be requested.. his personal. Acct or company acct?
Personal account is better though, but take the two in case the PA doesn't have sufficient money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 9:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
siegfried99:

Boss please when does a SAT exam result expire.

And can u help me with study materials? Please

It takes 5 years or so to expire. That's the time length validity for GRE/GMAT. Not sure if it applies to SAT also. But be rest assured that it is valid for at least 2 years.

Send an automatic email to selfstudy360@gmail.com. You'll receive an automatic email response containing the download links to the materials you need.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
bigfrancis21:

It takes 5 years or so to expire. That's the time length validity for GRE/GMAT. Not sure if it applies to SAT also. But be rest assured that it is valid for at least 2 years.

Send an automatic email to selfstudy360@gmail.com. You'll receive an automatic email response containing the download links to the materials you need.

Thanks bro.. I sent u pm.. pls respond
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 9:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
Joenice: Personal account is better though, but take the two in case the PA doesn't have sufficient money.

OK thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
siegfried99:

OK thanks
You're welcome. @teemodel, just got your mail now. Am replying you so just chill out, you will get my feedback pretty soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
we thank God for life.its been a while i visited the thread.i have been preparing for placement test(TSI). congrats to those that got their visas and those still preparing to hit the embassy,goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 11:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
i get headache once i step out of the house due to the hot and harsh weather in texas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 2:02am On Aug 10, 2014
sorry for posting my travel experience this late. i've been busy exploring my school.
I left lagos on the 25th of july via emirates around 8;50pm. It was very interesting(my first time in a plane), i sat beside the window and got scared at first but later summoned up the courage to look outside. I got to dubai in the morning and i decided to walk round the airport .It was magnificent, compared to mma, it looked like paradise. I met a married couple who were also going to texas, we took pictures together and they were very friendly,they also bought food for me. We left dubai that same morning for texas and the journey was very long and boring. The peeps beside me missed their flight so i was alone. You will be given an immigration form where you must declare everything you have on you once you are on board and en route the united states. We got to houston in the afternoon by 4pm and went straight to claim my luggage, on getting there, emirates forgot my smaller box which contained just food stuffs at dubai, ijust had to go through immigration like that. The immigration line was just 2 long and while waiting i spoke with a dude whose connecting flight will take off by 5:45pm and we were still far behind and that was around 5:15pm. Cut long story short,he missed his flight(if you are booking a connecting flight,make sure you leave at least 4hrs interval between your arrival time and time your connecting flight will take off). It finally got to my turn and i was interviewed by a chinese dude. He took my finger print(both left and right hand), eye scanning stuff then he asked for my passport and placed my passport in a machine to verify if it was authentic. He went through it and asked for my i-20,admission letter and sevis receipt paper. He looked at it for some secs and asked me how i got to know about the school and why i picked it .I told him ets recommended the school to me after my toefl result came out and after searching about the school, i decided to apply and i was given admission.He then stamped my passport and showed me a place in my i20 that i should tell head of international department to sign once i get to school. Going through customs wasn't hard,just took off my belt,shoe and wristwatch, passed through a body scanner and was told to go and bigger box and handbag were also scanned. Saw my aunt waiting for me already. I left texas on the 28 of july for Oklahoma and my school official was waiting for me at the airport. I got to my school,registered and enrolled for classes,got my id card and was told i won't be needing a placement test, i had a good SAT score(advantage of taking SAT exam even though it wasn't needed for admission). Enjoying life in oklahoma!

Am not really a good writer, it may be boring but please pardon me. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 2:24am On Aug 10, 2014
siegfried99:

Thanks bro.. I sent u pm.. pls respond

Yea. I replied you asking you to go ahead and ask your question.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 2:50am On Aug 10, 2014
unnamdi79: i get headache once i step out of the house due to the hot and harsh weather in texas
cheesy grin, you never see anything. it was 103 degreeF yesterday, i don dey black
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 2:56am On Aug 10, 2014
osahons9:

Seriously? Are you in texas? because that's the only place that comes to mind that usually experience such heatwave.
yes, am in houston TX
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:40am On Aug 10, 2014
dahfweshdude69,your writeup no boring as you say.

Thank God for journey mercies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 5:44am On Aug 10, 2014
At long last. Thank you Jesus Christ my Lord
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 5:45am On Aug 10, 2014
Please whose heading to GNV Florida? Na only me waka come?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 10, 2014
@teemodel, i already replied now. Greetings.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 9:58am On Aug 10, 2014
I have an HND result in elect elect and i ll like to know if i can further on masters in usa..
And please What is the minimum cpga for admission considerations??
I will also need gre materials... THANKS HOUSE...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 10:03am On Aug 10, 2014
Mjseun: Please whose heading to GNV Florida? Na only me waka come?
I have an HND result in elect elect and i ll like to know if i can further on my masters in usa..
I will also need gre materials... THANK
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 10:06am On Aug 10, 2014
this question as been coming up on this forum lately,
if someone has ND result here in nigeria,can he/she apply for an admission to any us universities?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 10:07am On Aug 10, 2014
bigfrancis21:

I have an HND result in elect elect and i ll like to know if i can further on my masters in usa..
I will also need gre materials... THANKs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 10:09am On Aug 10, 2014
dahfweshdude69: sorry for posting my travel experience this late. i've been busy exploring my school.
I left lagos on the 25th of july via emirates around 8;50pm. It was very interesting(my first time in a plane), i sat beside the window and got scared at first but later summoned up the courage to look outside. I got to dubai in the morning and i decided to walk round the airport .It was magnificent, compared to mma, it looked like paradise. I met a married couple who were also going to texas, we took pictures together and they were very friendly,they also bought food for me. We left dubai that same morning for texas and the journey was very long and boring. The peeps beside me missed their flight so i was alone. You will be given an immigration form where you must declare everything you have on you once you are on board and en route the united states. We got to houston in the afternoon by 4pm and went straight to claim my luggage, on getting there, emirates forgot my smaller box which contained just food stuffs at dubai, ijust had to go through immigration like that. The immigration line was just 2 long and while waiting i spoke with a dude whose connecting flight will take off by 5:45pm and we were still far behind and that was around 5:15pm. Cut long story short,he missed his flight(if you are booking a connecting flight,make sure you leave at least 4hrs interval between your arrival time and time your connecting flight will take off). It finally got to my turn and i was interviewed by a chinese dude. He took my finger print(both left and right hand), eye scanning stuff then he asked for my passport and placed my passport in a machine to verify if it was authentic. He went through it and asked for my i-20,admission letter and sevis receipt paper. He looked at it for some secs and asked me how i got to know about the school and why i picked it .I told him ets recommended the school to me after my toefl result came out and after searching about the school, i decided to apply and i was given admission.He then stamped my passport and showed me a place in my i20 that i should tell head of international department to sign once i get to school. Going through customs wasn't hard,just took off my belt,shoe and wristwatch, passed through a body scanner and was told to go and bigger box and handbag were also scanned. Saw my aunt waiting for me already. I left texas on the 28 of july for Oklahoma and my school official was waiting for me at the airport. I got to my school,registered and enrolled for classes,got my id card and was told i won't be needing a placement test, i had a good SAT score(advantage of taking SAT exam even though it wasn't needed for admission). Enjoying life in oklahoma!

Am not really a good writer, it may be boring but please pardon me. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 10:31am On Aug 10, 2014
decreamaster: this question as been coming up on this forum lately,
if someone has ND result here in nigeria,can he/she apply for an admission to any us universities?

You can apply as a transfer student if your course tally, you will get waiver on some credits.. If it doesn't then it pays to apply as a freshman.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 10, 2014
dahfweshdude69: sorry for posting my travel experience this late. i've been busy exploring my school.

Nice. Good luck. Wishing you the best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 11:15am On Aug 10, 2014
@ vickiestephen n rubywoo...congrats n enjoy ur stay in obamaland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 11:19am On Aug 10, 2014
bigfrancis21:

boss i jus sent u a pm. I wanna sm discussion with u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 12:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tekecoms1: I have an HND result in elect elect and i ll like to know if i can further on my masters in usa..
send a blank mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 12:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tekecoms1: I have an HND result in elect elect and i ll like to know if i can further on my masters in usa..
send a blank mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com to get GRE materials
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 1:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
Pls is it immediately that i register for GRE that i will write the exam or i must have been preparing for the exams before going to register to write it?
Thank you fellow forumite......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
honeyad:

You can apply as a transfer student if your course tally, you will get waiver on some credits.. If it doesn't then it pays to apply as a freshman.
Please i will like to know if someone with 2.56 cgpa HND holder can also get to do masters in USA?
And how do i evaluate my result?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 1:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tekecoms1: Please i will like to know if someone with 2.56 cgpa HND holder can also get to do masters in USA?

I really cannot tell what your cgpa would be after evaluation, I'll leave that to some of the ogas who has an idea on evaluation, but you will need to evaluate your result by WES(you can google their website) after which you would know if its possible for you to get admission for masters with it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tekecoms1: Please i will like to know if someone with 2.56 cgpa HND holder can also get to do masters in USA?

Hello, it's not impossible to procure admission for masters but it's somehow difficult. If you really wanna make your American dream a reality, you may just have to go for Bachelor first in a good university and then transfer to community college when you get to America. Isn't it okay for you this way?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by PedigreeCity: 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
unnamdi79: we thank God for life.its been a while i visited the thread.i have been preparing for placement test(TSI). congrats to those that got their visas and those still preparing to hit the embassy,goodluck.
Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.