Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,755 members, 7,915,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 04:35 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (459566 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 4:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
lentywilly: What a small world, welcome on board Bro. Fall 2014 is ok. But you need intensive preparations right now, be committed and serious, concentrate more on quantitative for the GRE. I'll advice you to write TOEFL too as to be at the safer side when the VO asks for standardized tests. Lastly make researches on schools that best suites your career path, usnews.com can help. Hit me a PM.
Pls bro assist me.
I have an HND result in elect elect and i ll like to know if i can further on my masters in usa..
And please What is the minimum cpga for admission considerations??
I will also need gre materials... THANKS boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
zeezahbee: dry and summer na same. inshort its so hot where i am noww, in short hotter than naija. its like 95degreeF

Seriously? Are you in texas? because that's the only place that comes to mind that usually experience such heatwave.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
Frizzle: Naija I dey hail oooo Amefrica, Walspring, Graviton2, Slimmy and the rest hope u are all enjoying the summer

Boss mi! Longest time.. Lemme send you a PM!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
Frizzle: Naija I dey hail oooo Amefrica, Walspring, Graviton2, Slimmy and the rest hope u are all enjoying the summer

Badt guy! You just disappeared off the grid. Na wa for you oh!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by HOTWATER(m): 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
Thanks guys for the good work you guys are doing here . I need to ask , what is the implication if one hides the fact that the husband is a legal resident in the US and claims He is here in Naija while applying for a student Visa .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
HOTWATER: Thanks guys for the good work you guys are doing here . I need to ask , what is the implication if one hides the fact that the husband is a legal resident in the US and claims He is here in Naija while applying for a student Visa .
Lol. Firstly, your username is funny. Legal resident based on what? What type of visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
Seems so many friends want the SAT textbook..If you closer to me,come get it..Am in Delta State capital now,left lagos today.My coming to lagos again,would be to enter plane leave Naija.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aanowai(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
Rubywoo: Hello everyone.Got my visa approved at the Abuja Embassy this morning. It was surprising to know interviews were granted on Saturdays too.

First of all I want to thank God Almighty, the God of my Father Bishop David Oyedepo, and all my Pastors under Him, this is indeed strange act of God for which I am grateful.

And thanks to everyone on this forum, your experiences, personal help and mails were really helpful. You all are amazing people.

As is the custom in my local Church, I went for pastoral prayers concerning the interview a few days before (it NEVER fails).

So my appointment was for 8:30 this morning. I got to the embassy at about 7:50am and we were called in at about 8:30am.

We did all the needful blah blah blah and I waited my turn.

I was called in by the nice looking lady in the 8th cubicle, and we exchanged pleasantries’ don’t remember who greeted who first.

VO: so what school are you going?

Me: I tell her.

VO: Have you travelled out of the country before (I was a little taken aback by this question, I didn’t expect it)

Me: Yes

Vo: Where?

Me: I told her

Vo: So you were there for four years

(I can’t really remember how dis part of the interview went, but it was something around these lines)

Me: No 6 years, I was there for 6 years.

VO: Do you have a master’s degree already?

Me: No. I am a doctor; I spent 6 years there getting a medical degree.

(Maybe because of my age she thought I went for a master’s degree)

Vo: OK, what are you going for?

Me: I’m going for a master’s degree in public health

Vo: What would this degree do for you?

Me: Well currently I work as a physician in a government hospital, and most of our patients are really poor people and inspite of the fact that the bills are cheap, they still cant afford what we ask them to pay. So I want to change my approach to patient care. I want to come from a preventive point of view so that I can reach more poor people and teach them to prevent the diseases rather than come and cant afford treatments.

(I don’t think I was this eloquent but this was the general idea I gave her, and I seemed to have been going on and on lol! She looked really interested, and let me keep talking. This is what really happens at my working place and I am truly passionate about this so I guess my passion came forth for me)

VO: So who is sponsoring you?

Me: My uncle

Vo: What does he do?

Me: He is the CEO of blah blah blah and blah blah blah company.

VO: let me have your account statements

I hand it over to her, and she goes thru it for a while and hands it back to me with my I-20 and the white paper saying something. I wasn’t listening anymore.

The reason I emphasize that its all God is that
1.I didn’t write any standardized exam: No TOEFL, no GRE and it wasn’t asked.

2. I didn’t have an extension letter from the school and she told me to come for my passport on the day which is the deadline date for me by the school to get into the US, as stated on my I-20.

Special Thanks to Streetmic, Idazbwaz, Joenice, Ashigolo, Goldenchic (My very personal paddy of life.) and to everyone.

May God bless all your beautiful hearts.
And for those who were delayed and those still going for interviews, May the God of heaven show you all favour.

Bless.

Congratulations to you.. This is reiterating the fact that God does not follow any procedures to bless His children.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by davidgunther: 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
HOTWATER: Thanks guys for the good work you guys are doing here . I need to ask , what is the implication if one hides the fact that the husband is a legal resident in the US and claims He is here in Naija while applying for a student Visa .

I will not like to say the outcome but if they get to know that a person lied about having a husband who is a permanent resident (green card holder) then that might lead to automatic rejection. I think it just depends on individual case and they might not even ask about. I remember my cousin telling me some year ago that a guy was told that until his wife who lives in the US come back to Nigeria, he can never get a student visa to the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Frizzle: 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
No be my fault bro I dey busy dey settle down for Obamaland since ni jareee....... shey u don land for here already?
Graviton2:

Badt guy! You just disappeared off the grid. Na wa for you oh!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
davidgunther:

I will not like to say the outcome but if they get to know that a person lied about having a husband who is a permanent resident (green card holder) then that might lead to automatic rejection. I think it just depends on individual case and they might not even ask about. I remember my cousin telling me some year ago that a guy was told that until his wife who lives in the US come back to Nigeria, he can never get a student visa to the US.
Yes, you're right. It can lead to automatic rejection. But let HOTWATER respond to my question, then I would know what to tell him or her, so to speak smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Frizzle: 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
Plz resend the pm hommie. ...... where are u?
Amefrica:

Boss mi! Longest time.. Lemme send you a PM!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by HOTWATER(m): 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
davidgunther:

Thanks a lot . If I get him to file for me for K1. Do you have an idea of how long it takes and can I ever get a visiting visa while the petition is on ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Frizzle: 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
Lmao grin the raining and dry season for naija still better pass winter and summer for here ooooo because for summer na sun go burn ur fine body turn u to Baba Dudu and for winter na cold go wan kill u until u find one Chick wey u go take warm body grin
osahons9:

Nigeria no get that kin season. Na raining season n dry season grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
Frizzle: No be my fault bro I dey busy dey settle down for Obamaland since ni jareee....... shey u don land for here already?

No, bruh. I dey face small issue, but e no phase me. Make we holla offline first.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Frizzle: 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
Got ur PM hommie
Graviton2:

No, bruh. I dey face small issue, but e no phase me. Make we holla offline first.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
Frizzle: Got ur pm hommie. ...... where are u?

You haven't replied tho ...enjoying Ibadan for the meantime. Leaving to Canada soon, got the VISA like 2 weeks ago!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Frizzle: 6:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
I just replied u now....... canada ke U no dey come yankee again shocked
Amefrica:

You haven't replied tho ...enjoying Ibadan for the meantime. Leaving to Canada soon, got the VISA like 2 weeks ago!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by HOTWATER(m): 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
Joenice: Lol. Firstly, your username is funny. Legal resident based on what? What type of visa?

LOL , He is working in the US . I have heard that if he files for me , is going to take a very long time . Now, I want to go and do my MSC and also stay with him while He waits to become a US citizen , what are my chances given the fact that I am not also applying with family fund
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
Frizzle: I just replied u now....... canada ke U no dey come yankee again shocked

Long story! Let's chat offline shaa. Will reply as soon as I get your reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by davidgunther: 6:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
HOTWATER:

Thanks a lot . If I get him to file for me for K1. Do you have an idea of how long it takes and can I ever get a visiting visa while the petition is on ?

I am not too sure but I think it takes mostly 6 to 8 months but I heard it depends on the country. And you know you have to get married in 90 days when you get to the US. I don't know too much about petition via fiance(e).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
HOTWATER:

LOL , He is working in the US . I have heard that if he files for me , is going to take a very long time . Now, I want to go and do my MSC and also stay with him while He waits to become a US citizen , what are my chances given the fact that I am not also applying with family fund
Lol. For the fact that he's currently working in the United States, your chances of getting the visa is as bright as ever, if only you're more articulated. As VOs carryout interviews, they also hunt for talents who may stay in their country. grin But they would never tell you this cheesy

In other words, I don't know if your chances are higher concerning family funds.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
HOTWATER:

are you married?
if yes you are NOT eligible for K1.
If your "husband" is a PR he CANNOT file K1 for you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
osahons9:

Seriously? Are you in texas? because that's the only place that comes to mind that usually experience such heatwave.
It's hotter in Florida
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
siegfried99:

Pls I wouldn't mind all the help I can get.. pls help a brother.
how do u wanna get it?? I stay in Lag
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
davidgunther:

I am not too sure but I think it takes mostly 6 to 8 months but I heard it depends on the country. And you know you have to get married in 90 days when you get to the US. I don't know too much about petition via fiance(e).
you're correct 6-12months
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 8:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
Idazbawz: how do u wanna get it?? I stay in Lag

I'm in lag too.. where do u stay I can come meet u.

I stay around surulere
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 8:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
@house, pls would it be OK to tender a sponsors (company) bank statement rather than his own personal acct?

He owns the company and I don't know which one I should request from him ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
siegfried99: @house, pls would it be OK to tender a sponsors (company) bank statement rather than his own personal acct?

He owns the company and I don't know which one I should request from him ?
Take the two if it's possible. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by HOTWATER(m): 8:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
shidoshi:

are you married?
if yes you are NOT eligible for K1.
If your "husband" is a PR he CANNOT file K1 for you!

Thanks a lot , please what are my options now . I really want to know the capabilities of a PR and durations as far bringing the spouse over is concerned.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by vickiestephen: 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
I'm also leaving on Wednesday. Anyone going to Ohio? Pm me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
Joenice: Take the two if it's possible. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. cheesy

Yes it's possible to take the 2, but I'm just wondering if a company bank statement wouldn't be a red flag..

Or which of the two would be requested.. his personal. Acct or company acct?

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.