Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:50 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (456994 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 9:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
genxris:
You can start processing ur transcript right away, once u have paid your processing fee to d skol they will "open file " for u and any of ur credentials (GRE, Transcript, recommendation letter, letter of purpose etc) will all be attended to anytime it comes in.
It doesn't matter if u graduated with a BSc or a HND, they are all seen as a 4year degree by WES and skols in d states. So all polytechnics HND graduates aspiring to do their graduate studies in d states are very good to go .
Thanks boss. More brains to your head baba...
Hope i am not mandated to still evaluate my result with WES sha?
Cant i bypass them ni abi wetin dey worry them sef? grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
juntod: Hi peeps.. Just landed JFK. Was on same flight with Feexo and calmdown . Wonderful guys. What have I missed?
I shall join you there in Jesus name coz this country is a dream killer and an EBOLA of destiny.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by vickiestephen: 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
ngofancy: I'm heading to OHIO at the university of Findlay
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Please what state are u heading to and what school are going to because my Flight is also on Wednesday night. I am heading to Connecticut ....University of Bridgeport.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 10:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
THIS FORUM IS A SUCCESS!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 10:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
@juntod,feexo and calmdown. nice on guys. y'all have a blessed stay in the US.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 10:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tekecoms1: I went to the Wichita State University Kansas website oooooo but the information i saw there about school fees was too high for my sponsor ooooooo..
Eshanu mi oooooooooo.

yes boss

Check Minnesota State University, New Mexico State University, University of New Mexico, Alabama A & M University too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 10:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
decreamaster: THIS FORUM IS A SUCCESS!!! grin
like seriously cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 10:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Check Minnesota State University, New Mexico State University, University of New Mexico, Alabama A & M University too.
Checking straightaway... Thanks baba..
May God bless your accessible heart....
GBAM.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 10:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
PLEASE OOOO .. Dont say my wahala too musssssh oooooo cos na how i will leave this 9ja dey my head ooooo.
Please how long does it take to see/get the GRE result?
After the GRE, can someone leave 9ja in a space of two months provided satisfying all conditions... I am beginning to get sick of still been in nja i swear....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
@ vickiestephen n rubywoo...congrats n enjoy ur stay in obamaland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
Mckenziii: Everyone goin For interview dis week is gonna b a sucess in jesus mighty name.Amen
I also claim the Victory, IJN amen!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 10:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tekecoms1: PLEASE OOOO .. Dont say my wahala too musssssh oooooo cos na how i will leave this 9ja dey my head ooooo.
Please how long does it take to see/get the GRE result?
After the GRE, can someone leave 9ja in a space of two months provided satisfying all conditions... I am beginning to get sick of still been in nja i swear....

Computer-based GRE result comes out immediately you hit the submit button after taking the test. The paper-based GRE result comes out 3 weeks after taking the test.

I'll suggest that you calm down and stop showing off unnecessarily your desperation. The VOs are quick to detect desperation in one's eyes and deny you because of it. Moreover, coming to US DOES NOT end your 'sufferings'. Know this today, US is not paradise and do not expect to come here and start picking dollars off the street or expect that once you come here all your sufferings in this life will end. Life for migrants here can be tough and only the extremely hardworking, not just average hardworkers, and greatly perseverant survive here. US isn't for a lazy man. Be prepared to work extra hard when you come here.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Computer-based GRE result comes out immediately you hit the submit button after taking the test. The paper-based GRE result comes out 3 weeks after taking the test.

I'll suggest that you calm down and stop showing off unnecessarily your desperation. The VOs are quick to detect desperation in one's eyes and deny you because of it. Moreover, coming to US DOES NOT end your 'sufferings'. Know this today, US is not paradise and do not expect to come here and start picking dollars off the street or expect that once you come here all your sufferings in this life will end. Life for migrants here can be tough and only the extremely hardworking, not just average hardworkers, and greatly perseverant survive here. US isn't for a lazy man. Be prepared to work extra hard when you come here.

U ar right bigfrancis, bills incured must be paid within speculated period, no carry-over of bills like Naija.....lol. How far abt your guy in dat sch, have u confirmed the procedures frm him? Thnaks!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
aekmanweb: U ar right bigfrancis, bills incured must be paid within speculated period, no carry-over of bills like Naija.....lol. How far abt your guy in dat sch, have u confirmed the procedures frm him? Thnaks!

Let's talk privately.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 10:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
Joenice: yes...very compulsory, if you want to study in America. US and Nigeria does not have the same system of learning. Just like in football 3-5-2 formation is totally different from 4-4-2. you got my drift, right?

Van gaal n yeye Moyes. I get the drift grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 10:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Nairaland, seun and others.. It's time you guys update "love" instead of like.. I love this true words from you sir.. Bless

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
bigfrancis21:

I'll suggest that you calm down and stop showing off unnecessarily your desperation. The VOs are quick to detect desperation in one's eyes and deny you because of it. Moreover, coming to US DOES NOT end your 'sufferings'. Know this today, US is not paradise and do not expect to come here and start picking dollars off the street or expect that once you come here all your sufferings in this life will end. Life for migrants here can be tough and only the extremely hardworking, not just average hardworkers, and greatly perseverant survive here. US isn't for a lazy man. Be prepared to work extra hard when you come here. Thanks baba... Nice one there coming from a true brother...I wont disappoint nigerians and nairalanders whenever i make it to the states... Omor shishe ni mi but na naija turn Nigerian labour to all work and no pay........... i love this forum of informed minds and great intellect....

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 11:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
Pls which is better between the paper based GRE and the computer based GRE? ? By the way in response to someone's words, USA does not put an end to one's sufferings but i will say that the chances of making it in USA is far possibly higher than wasting away in naija and be saying God will do it as if our parents did not pray the same prayer. I ld rather do menial jobs in yankee and get well paid than stay in naija doing a white collar job and paid a rubbish wage where a stupid boss will be claiming lordship over my live...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 11:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tekecoms1: Pls which is better between the paper based GRE and the computer based GRE? ? By the way in response to someone's words, USA does not put an end to one's sufferings but i will say that the chances of making it in USA is far possibly higher than wasting away in naija and be saying God will do it as if our parents did not pray the same prayer. I ld rather do menial jobs in yankee and get well paid than stay in naija doing a white collar job and paid a rubbish wage where a stupid boss will be claiming lordship over my live...

Bros calm down!!! Once you are able to get a stay, with hardwork, you will make it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 11:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tekecoms1: Pls which is better between the paper based GRE and the computer based GRE? ? By the way in response to someone's words, USA does not put an end to one's sufferings but i will say that the chances of making it in USA is far possibly higher than wasting away in naija and be saying God will do it as if our parents did not pray the same prayer. I ld rather do menial jobs in yankee and get well paid than stay in naija doing a white collar job and paid a rubbish wage where a stupid boss will be claiming lordship over my live...

not all schools require wes. n its not compulsory..

any unibenite ere leets hoook up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by davidgunther: 12:03am On Aug 11, 2014

The paper based GRE is only available at some certain location in Nigeria. I think they are three that should be in Aba, Benin city, and Gieva in Lagos. The computer based GRE is the most recommendable so register for the GRE and get the study materials in order to use it for studying.

And please listen to what they are telling you, you seem kinda desperate which is not good. You need to know that it's not so easy in the state and look at you talking about doing menial jobs (i'm shaking my head for you). Some Americans don't find it easy not to talk of an International student who is not allowed to work more than 20 hours in a week on-campus or work off-campus unless under DHS authorization. Calm down, pick your schools, ask the school questions about admissions, tuition & scholarship, apply to them, do the tests, and then apply for visa. One step at a time.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 1:23am On Aug 11, 2014
davidgunther:

The paper based GRE is only available at some certain location in Nigeria. I think they are three that should be in Aba, Benin city, and Gieva in Lagos. The computer based GRE is the most recommendable so register for the GRE and get the study materials in order to use it for studying.

And please listen to what they are telling you, you seem kinda desperate which is not good. You need to know that it's not so easy in the state and look at you talking about doing menial jobs (i'm shaking my head for you). Some Americans don't find it easy not to talk of an International student who is not allowed to work more than 20 hours in a week on-campus or work off-campus unless under DHS authorization. Calm down, pick your schools, ask the school questions about admissions, tuition & scholarship, apply to them, do the tests, and then apply for visa. One step at a time.
Thanks bro........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:21am On Aug 11, 2014
What menial jobs do you wanna do here that's gonna pay you well enough in America? FYI, In case you don't know; menial jobs here pay you minimum wage. If you're lucky enough to pay rent out of it, to pay bills and feed from it sure won't be easy if not impossible. Not to talk of the fact that you're restricted to 20hours of work as an International. Except you plan to elope and work under-the-table jobs which is even worse than working normal hours. They will owe you salary and won't pay and you cant go to the police cos you're illegal. I can go on and on.

You better re-examine your reasons of wanting to come to America. If its to get an education, get a good job after (after paying your dues), then you're on the right track. If it's to live the live you see Americans live on TV (which is a lie BTW), or post pictures on facebook as you've seen your friends do, drive the fastest cars and so on within a short period if time? Please do not come to America cos you will be greatly dissapointed.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:54am On Aug 11, 2014
Mjseun:

Nice transcript there!
Did they ask for your ticket to Oklahoma at POE in Houston? I just need to know. Coz I intend to get to Atlanta first on Monday before going to Florida (my school) on Thursday? Will Hv my POE in New York City(JFK).
Thanks for your prompt response in advance
beware of Houston Poe. they so strict, is your flight landing in jfk? if yes, you can connect to anywhere in usa and only our passport willl be asked for identification
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:56am On Aug 11, 2014
juntod: Hi peeps.. Just landed JFK. Was on same flight with Feexo and calmdown . Wonderful guys. What have I missed?
welcome boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:22am On Aug 11, 2014

Personally, I prefer the usual paper-and-pencil paper exam as that's what I have been used to all my life so I opted for the paper GRE. I wrote the paper GRE at Aba and scored well on it.

Which menial job in US that pays minimum wage of $7.5 per hour will pay you well? How do you even compare the pay of menial jobs to the pay of white-collar jobs of between $20 to $50 an hour? Don't put the cart before the horse even before it is time to hit the road. Which menial job in america will pay you well so as to cover all as-you-know-it expenses and leave you with much change to spare on partying, enjoyment galore and shopping? You need to wake up. It is only the rich and celebrities that live such luxurious life here.

As an Igbo man, I love dealing with figures. Now let us delve into the financials.

I assume you get a job at Walmart(which is almost impossible as you have work restrictions on your visa but I will assume so for I was taught in science to make assumptions) which pays $7.5 per hour and you work 75 hours a week. Mind you, for such a low-paying salary, you'll need to work as many hours as possible as your body can permit to break even. And for such jobs, you're not paid overtime as obtained in white-collar jobs where you work 40 hours a week usually, 5 days a week, and any extra hours spent on the job is overtime and you're paid at an overtime rate of 1.5 times your hourly salry.

MONTHLY EARNINGS:
300 hours(75 hours per week times 4 weeks) * 7.5 = $2,250 per month.
Tax deduction = $350 to $400 per month. Yes, taxation here is killing. In most states you are taxed both federal and state taxes.
Other deductions such as social security benefits = $100

Take home pay: $1,750 to $1,800 per month.

EXPENSES:
1) Health insurance = $110 per month. Health care is very expensive here and almost everyone here has health insurance that covers medical bills during times of ill health.
2) Rent = average of $500 to $600 per month. I am even being generous. Some places are as high as $1,000 per month. Except you decide to put up with as many roommates as possible to split up the cost.
3) Feeding = $200 to $400 per month, that is if you cook at home. Eating outside is very costly as you spend twice/thrice of the stated figure.
4) Transportation = $100 to $200 on fuel per month on fuel if you'll be driving or on bus ticket if you'll taking the bus daily to work.
5) Light bill = $200
6) Water bill = $150
7) Miscellaneous = $100
8.) Phone bill = $50
Total expenses = $1,610

How much left = $140 to $190 in savings.

Then you remember you will have to save some money. Then relatives and friends from back home with same mindset like you will be calling you asking you to send $1,000 so that they can start enjoying life as they are 'suffering' in Nigeria, because they think that Obi is picking up dollars from the street of America. Not knowing that Obi is still struggling to have mere $1,000 as savings in his bank account. Then you think of how you'll send the very little you manage to save from your daily hardwork, sweat and energy and becoming stingy becomes your watchword.

Remember that this is the so-called menial job you envision to do which you will wrench your back doing everyday and standing on your feet 12 hours a day. You then think of your future and envision yourself doing the same recurring cycle every month in a year for the rest of your life in America, the land of opportunities and a place of 24/7 work all seasons of the year with very little rest, then you smile to yourself and tell yourself 'welcome to America. Now I understand what these people have been telling me since.'

Okay, you decide to finish school and get a 'well-paying' job in the vicinity of $70,000 per year or $5,833 pre-tax monthly salary. Fine, the job is white-collar and you are one step away from breaking your back and standing 12 hours a day. Your life is one step better than the class of menial workers. However, you are still not free from the ever-attractive recurring rat race cycle that entraps millions of employees in America that comes with heavy bills to pay every month such as house mortgage, car loans, college loans, heavy tax deductions, monthly light and water bills, phone bills, internet cable bills etc. with very little to spare in savings.

Is this your so-called glorious vision of 'being well paid'?

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 6:41am On Aug 11, 2014
bigfrancis21:
Personally, I prefer the usual paper-and-pencil paper exam as that's what I have been used to all my life so I opted for the paper GRE. I wrote the paper GRE at Aba and scored well on it.
Which menial job in US that pays minimum wage of $7.5 per hour will pay you well? How do you even compare the pay of menial jobs to the pay of white-collar jobs of between $20 to $50 an hour? Don't put the cart before the horse even before it is time to hit the road. Which menial job in america will pay you well so as to cover all as-you-know-it expenses and leave you with much change to spare on partying, enjoyment galore and shopping? You need to wake up. It is only the rich and celebrities that live such luxurious life here.
As an Igbo man, I love dealing with figures. Now let us delve into the financials.
I assume you get a job at Walmart(which is almost impossible as you have work restrictions on your visa but I will assume so for I was taught in science to make assumptions) which pays $7.5 per hour and you work 75 hours a week. Mind you, for such a low-paying salary, you'll need to work as many hours as possible as your body can permit to break even. And for such jobs, you're not paid overtime as obtained in white-collar jobs where you work 40 hours a week usually, 5 days a week, and any extra hours spent on the job is overtime and you're paid at an overtime rate of 1.5 times your hourly salry.
MONTHLY EARNINGS:
Tax deduction = $350 to $400 per month. Yes, taxation here is killing. In most states you are taxed both federal and state taxes.
EXPENSES:
1) Health insurance = $110 per month. Health care is very expensive here and almost everyone here has health insurance that covers medical bills during times of ill health.
2) Rent = average of $500 to $600 per month. I am even being generous. Some places are as high as $1,000 per month. Except you decide to put up with as many roommates as possible to split up the cost.
3) Feeding = $200 to $400 per month, that is if you cook at home. Eating outside is very costly as you spend twice/thrice of the stated figure.
4) Transportation = $100 to $200 on fuel per month on fuel if you'll be driving or on bus ticket if you'll taking the bus daily to work.
5) Light bill = $200
6) Water bill = $150
7) Miscellaneous = $100
8.) Phone bill = $50
Total expenses = $1,610

Then you remember you will have to save some money. Then relatives and friends from back home with same mindset like you will be calling you asking you to send $1,000 so that they can start enjoying life as they are 'suffering' in Nigeria, because they think that Obi is picking up dollars from the street of America. Not knowing that Obi is still struggling to have mere $1,000 as savings in his bank account. Then you think of how you'll send the very little you manage to save from your daily hardwork, sweat and energy and becoming stingy becomes your watchword.
Remember that this is the so-called menial job you envision to do which you will wrench your back doing everyday and standing on your feet 12 hours a day. You then think of your future and envision yourself doing the same recurring cycle every month in a year for the rest of your life in America, the land of opportunities and a place of 24/7 work all seasons of the year with very little rest, then you smile to yourself and tell yourself 'welcome to America. Now I understand what these people have been telling me since.'
Okay, you decide to finish school and get a 'well-paying' job in the vicinity of $70,000 per year or $5,833 pre-tax monthly salary. Fine, the job is white-collar and you are one step away from breaking your back and standing 12 hours a day. Your life is one step better than the class of menial workers. However, you are still not free from the ever-attractive recurring rat race cycle that entraps millions of employees in America that comes with heavy bills to pay every month such as house mortgage, car loans, college loans, heavy tax deductions, monthly light and water bills, phone bills, internet cable bills etc. with very little to spare in savings.

May GOD help us.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:45am On Aug 11, 2014
OjaP:

May GOD help us.

Yea bro. America and Nigeria are both good places to enjoy only if you are financially independent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 11, 2014
bigfrancis21:

MONTHLY EARNINGS:

EXPENSES:
5) Light bill = $200
6) Water bill = $150
7) Miscellaneous = $100
8.) Phone bill = $50
Total expenses = $1,610

These vividly reminds me of Rich dad Poor dad..The main reason people struggle financially is cos they have spent years in school but learned nothing about money
The end result is people become slaves to money and learn to work for money..but never learn to have money work for them.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 7:37am On Aug 11, 2014
stevecrun, true talk, rich dad and poor dad.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by PedigreeCity: 8:18am On Aug 11, 2014
Mckenziii: Everyone goin For interview dis week is gonna b a sucess in jesus mighty name.Amen
Amen! IJN. I claimed mine...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tolex34(m): 8:33am On Aug 11, 2014
Amen, IJN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.