Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,347 members, 7,961,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 04:18 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (461437 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ikaboy: 7:37am On Nov 21, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

I explained everythin to you in my post. I think walspring has replied you already. You would be much better off with her clinic's bank statement.

But Before I decide on which kind of bank statement you should take to the embassy, kindly let us know what was written on your i-20 as source of funds?

So we can know the appropriate Bank statement you should use, so you don't complicate issues for yourself.
from my form I-20 is seems there is a mistake as it is has Student personal funds and Intl student Scholarship.
I an just noticing this as it is contrary to the sponsorship letter from my mother sent to the school. What can i do as my interview day is 5 days ahead?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 21, 2013
ikaboy:
from my form I-20 is seems there is a mistake as it is has Student personal funds and Intl student Scholarship.
I an just noticing this as it is contrary to the sponsorship letter from my mother sent to the school. What can i do as my interview day is 5 days ahead?

Ghen ghen! what have you been doing since you noticed dis error. You have to cancel ur appointment date and mail ur school for correction. Btw! Were you given a scholarship? How much is it? How much is your school fees?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 8:08am On Nov 21, 2013
ikaboy:

You were given a FULL or Partial scholarship from your school.

So what will happen is that, you will go along with your mother's personal bank statement to the embassy, and when you get to the part that the VO ask you, "Who is sponsoring you?"

Your Response - I have a scholarship from the school and my mum will pay the rest of the expenses.

Simple!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 21, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

You were given a FULL or Partial scholarship from your school.

So what will happen is that, you will go along with your mother's personal bank statement to the embassy, and when you get to the part that the VO ask you, "Who is sponsoring you?"

Your Response - I have a scholarship from the school and my mum will pay the rest of the expenses.

Simple!!!

Hey bro! You got it all wrong. That's a bad advice. Student personal funds should be Student personal funds. No mama stuff should be involved unless it states family funds. Let him reschedule and mail the school for correction.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 8:18am On Nov 21, 2013
Amefrica:

Ghen ghen! what have you been doing since you noticed dis error. You have to cancel ur appointment date and mail ur school for correction. Btw! Were you given a scholarship? How much is it? How much is your school fees?

I don't think it will be a good idea for him to cancel his appointment right @ this point, because his date is already close. Let him go with faith.

And also, that scholarship he has from the school will play another role towards his interview, it will be an advantage for him. The VOs love to hear students received scholarship from their school.

@nomso27, had this same issue with him and I told him what to do a day before his Visa interview, and he went for his interview and got his visa APPROVED!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 8:25am On Nov 21, 2013
Amefrica:

Hey bro! You got it all wrong. That's a bad advice. Student personal funds should be Student personal funds. No mama stuff should be involved unless it states family funds. Let him reschedule and mail the school for correction.

Listen to me, there is Nothing like bad advice here, the boi already has a scholarship from his school, so even with what was written on his i-20, he still has a better of chance of getting his visa. This same issue happened to Nomso27, and he went like that and still got his visa approved.

IF he cancels his visa appopointment now, he might likely not get a date for next month december anymore, it be till next year January he will see available dates which might NOT be convenient for him given that his school resumes in january...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 21, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

I don't think it will be a good idea for him to cancel his appointment right @ this point, because his date is already close. Let him go with faith.

And also, that scholarship he has from the school will play another towards his interview, it will be an advantage for him. The VOs love to hear students received scholarship from their school.

Do you know the type of scholarship he has? It may be the in-state stuff or the one ur school gives for d first semester(which is small).

Let him answer the questions on the scholarship first.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 21, 2013
@Ricky, something which worked for someone else may not work for another. Some VOs are very curious.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 8:32am On Nov 21, 2013
Amefrica:

Do you know the type of scholarship he has? It may be the in-state stuff or the one ur school gives for d first semester(which is small).

Let him answer the questions on the scholarship first.

Even if it is in-state, it is still a scholarship, Atleast it is still better than the ones without any scholarship @ all.

The scholarship my school gave me for the first semester, Played a MAJOR ROLE, towards the success of my interview. When the VO heard I had a scholarship from my school, she was impressed, and I told her my uncle will pay the remaining.

Before I knew it, she started rounding up the interview and told me my visa has been APPROVED!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 8:35am On Nov 21, 2013
De Tus: @Ricky, something which worked for someone else may not work for another. Some VOs are very curious.

Yea, that's true, what worked for someone else might NOT work for him.

Anyways, let's leave it @ that.. Let him make his decision whether to go like that with faith or Re-schedule another appointment till January as you guys suggest!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 21, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Even if it is in-state, it is still a scholarship, Atleast it is still better than the ones without any scholarship @ all.

The scholarship my school gave me for the first semester, Played a MAJOR ROLE, towards the success of my interview. When the VO heard I had a scholarship from my school, she was impressed, and I told her my uncle will pay the remaining.

Before I knew it, she started rounding up the interview and told me my visa has been APPROVED!!!!!!!!

What was on your I-20? And which bank statement did you use?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 21, 2013
De Tus: @Ricky, something which worked for someone else may not work for another. Some VOs are very curious.

I taya ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 21, 2013
@Ricky, that seems better now, so that the guy will not blame you if something goes wrong. You're a nice guy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pabloexcobar: 9:17am On Nov 21, 2013
Walspring:

Go with her personal bank statement cos it's her own savings that she can spend on herself and her family only but if you go with her clinic bank statement the VO will think that after paying her staffs,rent and bills for her office, tax(es) how much will she have left to use and sponsor your education is the usa. I hope this help

Bro u can go wit any Bank statement, its even better if u go wit d bank statement dat is more active and often used and I guess it shud be d CLINIC bank statement which mite be a current account. All u need do is to ask d bank to give u a reference letter stating dat ur MUM is d sole signatory to d account, to indicate dat she is d sole owner of d account. Its not adviceable to go wit a bank statement dat is not Very active. It is better to go wit a Clinic account dat is debited wit money almost every day dan to go wit a personal accountant dat is debited/credited wit money once in a month
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olaniyisal: 9:22am On Nov 21, 2013
KUNLE PLEASE BEEP OR CALL MY NUMBER, MY BB IS BAD, I LOST SOME CONTACTS.. I WANT TO ASK YOU ABOUT SOMETHING

kunlebal:
You don't need to notarized sponsorship letter, just print it on her company letterhead and let her sign n stamp it. Your leave letter should be address to you not the embassy but your company introduction letter should be address to the embassy, I hope this help. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by suxes2005(m): 9:41am On Nov 21, 2013
ikaboy:

No matter how curious the interviewer is, the decision will be made with
or without a statement of account. The thing is, as y'all know, just be calm
during the interview and make sure you're able to defend any question orally
first and present document if asked.

RICKY ROZAY is trying on here. Thumbs up bro

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 10:18am On Nov 21, 2013
hey guys. I need help asap. im a newbie on the thread. nice to meet u guys. ok, im all set for an interview, my start d8 @uni valparaiso is the 3rd of Jan 2013. got an appointment for the 21st of jan 2014. got approved for an emergency date in Abuja, E.D is valid till the 2nd of Dec, 2013. I'ved logged into my portal n cancelled the previous appointment, but I still cant see earlier d8s. tried kolling customer care, but mtn keeps telling me that I cant call the number. pls help!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 21, 2013
Amefrica:

What was on your I-20? And which bank statement did you use?

Ricky, I dey wait oo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Obajamie: 11:24am On Nov 21, 2013
jcaribie: hey guys. I need help asap. im a newbie on the thread. nice to meet u guys. ok, im all set for an interview, my start d8 @uni valparaiso is the 3rd of Jan 2013. got an appointment for the 21st of jan 2014. got approved for an emergency date in Abuja, E.D is valid till the 2nd of Dec, 2013. I'ved logged into my portal n cancelled the previous appointment, but I still cant see earlier d8s. tried kolling customer care, but mtn keeps telling me that I cant call the number. pls help!

Call dem on dis number 094601748. Same thing happened to me wen I called them, I was told that my emergency booking will only be active on the last day, meaning u can only see earlier dates only on dat 2nd. Note dat it also expires dat same day. Looks lik a new rule or something else. Also try recharge lik 400naira before calling. Hope dis helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by UNIXLover(m): 11:26am On Nov 21, 2013
Hello guys,
whats the easiest way of sending documents to USA within few days with less cost? My school deadline is december 15th.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by blackbee: 11:33am On Nov 21, 2013
UNIXLover: Hello guys,
whats the easiest way of sending documents to USA within few days with less cost? My school deadline is december 15th.

Thanks
Fedex.. Takes like 3 to four days to get there.. Mine took 3 days sha... and you can get your document there before 25th November.. Goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 11:39am On Nov 21, 2013
Obajamie:

Call dem on dis number 094601748. Same thing happened to me wen I called them, I was told that my emergency booking will only be active on the last day, meaning u can only see earlier dates only on dat 2nd. Note dat it also expires dat same day. Looks lik a new rule or something else. Also try recharge lik 400naira before calling. Hope dis helps.

hello obajamie, I did call them on that number but MTN kept telling me that "I am not allowed to call the number". is it a network error or something? also, I cancelled my appointment, will I still be able to see the emergency date? also, if I book on the 2nd, will I be able to get interviewed on the 3rd? thank you so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by BannyE: 1:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
Pls, I want to know if I can use a sponsor statement of account who is using joint account @ the embassy

Also, Can I apply for GRE additional score report for use at the embassy and how do I go about it? Or can I just use the print out copy from ets site on my GRE account?

Pls, I need urgent response house?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2013

Yeah, I second this; one person's experience can never be the same with another's. It's a 10% chance and 30% chance they would even get the same VO.

Best thing for him to do is go straight ahead to the appointment schedule, check for spaces in december, approximately 3weeks from today and cancel what he has alreay and book the 3weeks one.

Sometimes scholarship and assistantship seems the right way to go, yes that's true from our pockets perception. But, on the otherhand if anyone's parent is a businessman, are into medical ine of practice or engineering field and other highly rated income earners. It would be best they show they aren't considering the scholarship or assistantship as a means of support.

It's better to make mention of this when question on past education and working experiences and achievement comes up. Never use your scholarship as a reliable source of sponsorship. VO's know it can always be withdrawn anytime whne you fall below the expected grade (gpa).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Obajamie: 1:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
jcaribie:

hello obajamie, I did call them on that number but MTN kept telling me that "I am not allowed to call the number". is it a network error or something? also, I cancelled my appointment, will I still be able to see the emergency date? also, if I book on the 2nd, will I be able to get interviewed on the 3rd? thank you so much.

I think its a network error .u can also try calling dem tru anoda ntw provider. Yes, u will definitely see boatload of dates once its approved. Whenever its approved, u will see it boldly written at the top left of ur acc homepage.Same think happened to me, Ricky and Bigfrancis are aware. But lemme warn u; don't cancel any appointment again, I repeat DO NoT schedule or cancel any appointment again till u hear from dem. Odawise u might end up having ur account suspended for 90 days if u cancel more dan 3 times. Keep ur passport closeby wen calling dem. Relax, u gonna be fine .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
BannyE: Pls, I want to know if I can use a sponsor statement of account who is using joint account @ the embassy

Also, Can I apply for GRE additional score report for use at the embassy and how do I go about it? Or can I just use the print out copy from ets site on my GRE account?

Pls, I need urgent response house?

Use ur sponsor's personal account. GRE result (soft copy) is allowed.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2013
Obajamie:

I think its a network error .u can also try calling dem tru anoda ntw provider. Yes, u will definitely see boatload of dates once its approved. Whenever its approved, u will see it boldly written at the top left of ur acc homepage.Same think happened to me, Ricky and Bigfrancis are aware. But lemme warn u; don't cancel any appointment again, I repeat DO NoT schedule or cancel any appointment again till u hear from dem. Odawise u might end up having ur account suspended for 90 days if u cancel more dan 3 times. Keep ur passport closeby wen calling dem. Relax, u gonna be fine .

thnx obajamie. I even emailed them, and they've confirmed what you've said, though they didn't say anything about the 90 days n I no ask them. patience is the key here. thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by UNIXLover(m): 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
how much did it cost? am sending transcript to 3 schools.
Thanks
blackbee:
Fedex.. Takes like 3 to four days to get there.. Mine took 3 days sha... and you can get your document there before 25th November.. Goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by blackbee: 3:09pm On Nov 21, 2013
I think I paid about 6k or so.. It should be more than that..

UNIXLover: how much did it cost? am sending transcript to 3 schools.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sevule(m): 3:45pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hi Guys

Men it has been WAR paying the SEVIS fee!! My friend went to Cotonou to pay the fee on my behalf at Western Union and all the Western Union offices (Ecobank and Diamond Bank) he went to refused to process the transaction. They said that they cannot accept the money because the receiver is a US Bank (na the exact format fmjfee use for their site na im the guy use) and not an individual. Even when he wanted to send the money to somebody in the US they stated that he has to get a Togolese citizen to send on his behalf or something like that. Men the trip to Cotonou was a wasted effort. Anyways I would try and get somebody in the states to pay for me. All this wahala just to enter Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by BannyE: 4:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
Amefrica:

Use ur sponsor's personal account. GRE result (soft copy) is allowed.

Goodluck!

Thank you brother.

but, what if my sponsor does not have a personal account as in this case? Because she is actually using joint account with her husband.

Can I also use print out copy of TOEFL score report from my ets account online during my interview @embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2013
BannyE:

Thank you brother.

but, what if my sponsor does not have a personal account as in this case? Because she is actually using joint account with her husband.

Can I also use print out copy of TOEFL score report from my ets account online during my interview @embassy?

You can use any printed out result. Abt the joint account, that one nah Gobe oo.. Does she has some other assets in her name?

Seriously, the VO would think somehow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.