Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,696 members, 7,889,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:07 AM

Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures (27538 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / Cleaners Mopping The Floor Of Enugu Airport / Enugu Airport Flood Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by manny4life(m): 6:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
Safety has really elapsed with the past few months, I encourage Stella to do more on this matter. However, seeing how haters from different parts of the country are calling for her head, as much as I rebuked the actions of buying 2 beemers with NCAA money, but damn, I think she needs security now more than ever.

3 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Anniettieufia(m): 6:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
And yet some people are calling it painting ,

Ok,
even if it were to be painting , but are visible ,
And , if other ministries such as Education was doing similar painting over the years in our Universities ,
ASUU would not be running their mouths today as they do.

Goodluck
Goodwork
Stellar Odua .

2 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by psquaret: 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
is good but these things will not be maintain. that is where the problem lies .
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
Good job, ujoinme.
However, I haven't seen construction pics of the international terminal.

As for those who are blaming the Aviation minister for the recent aircrashes; remember that the NCAA is solely responsible for certifying the air-worthiness of planes in the Nigerian airspace. Therefore, all complaints on that should go to the NCAA.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Ewarrior: 7:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
CFCfan: Good job, ujoinme.
However, I haven't seen construction pics of the international terminal.

As for those who are blaming the Aviation minister for the recent aircrashes; remember that the NCAA is solely responsible for certifying the air-worthiness of planes in the Nigerian airspace. Therefore, all complaints on that should go to the NCAA.

You should also remember that FAAN is solely responsible for the remodelling,maintenance and running of the airports so all praise on the remodelled airports should go to FAAN and not Stella

1 Like

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ewarrior:

You should also remember that FAAN is solely responsible for the remodelling,maintenance and running of the airports so all praise on the remodelled airports should go to FAAN and not Stella
grin grin
But remember that FAAN is not as autonomous as the NCAA. In fact, the NCAA also approves night time operations of the airports.
Besides, I've not heard of any ministerial or presidential interference in the NCAA's core duty of ensuring a safe Nigerian airspace.

1 Like

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by ROYALD(m): 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
nice
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by NotoriousBig(m): 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
Did you post this thread to draw away people's attention from the acquisition of 1.6M dollars worth of car by that thief? if that's the case, you've failed.

2 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Chisco4love(m): 7:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
More works need to be done in the aviation sector.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by manny4life(m): 7:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ewarrior:

Who's leadership is FAAN under?

I'm often times amazed how "supposed" intelligent people reason sometimes, isn't FAAN one of the agencies under Ministry of Aviation headed by Stella Oduah?
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by PHIPEX(m): 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nigerians and Nairalanders specifically can be unnecessarily sentimental. This woman needs to step up her oversight function in safety related issues of our airspace. But the level of political witch hunting some people exude against this minister is legendary. There is nothing we can point out as an achievement of the past 4 ministers of Aviation in this country. They controlled thesame budget, they all had the same agencies and Parastatals but they were only interested in payment of salaries and nothing else. Here comes a woman doing excellently well and giving us something to cheer and remember her for yet some people are more interested in pulling her down.

Can anyone remember the achievements of these past ministers of Aviation
1 Femi fani Kayode
2.Felix Hyatt
3. Babatunde Omotosho
4 Fidelia Njeze

6 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Ewarrior: 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin
But remember that FAAN is not as autonomous as the NCAA. In fact, the NCAA also approves night time operations of the airports.
Besides, I've not heard of any ministerial or presidential interference in the NCAA's core duty of ensuring a safe Nigerian airspace.

Whether it is autonomous or not, NCAA is under Stella's watch because it is under the aviation ministry and it wouldn't be a bad thing if as the head of that ministry,she constantly supervises what they do and ensure they stick to best practices at all times..
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Ewarrior: 7:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
manny4life:

Who's leadership is FAAN under?

I'm often times amazed how "supposed" intelligent people reason sometimes, isn't FAAN one of the agencies under Ministry of Aviation headed by Stella Oduah?

Maybe if u took ur time to read the post (by CFCfan)I was replying u would understand what I was driving at...
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by LawChick: 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
ITbomb, please your attention is needed as par your GIFT -

https://www.nairaland.com/1473001/free-trendy-wrist-watch-more#18919605
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by filebe777: 8:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
Open route for drug pushers.......igbo boiz package am well!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
filebe777: Open route for drug pushers.......igbo boiz package am well!!!!!!!
But the NDLEA officers would still be deployed to the airport, ditto for Customs agents too.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by basilo101: 9:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
Work is going on at d new international terminal, i was there 2day bt no pics
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
basilo101: Work is going on at d new international terminal, i was there 2day bt no pics
Very nice. Do you by chance know if jet bridges are part of the design?
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Rastamann: 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
Lets have these pictures in three years time and see if the airport will still look like this? Maintenance is a problem in and with Nigerians!
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by eaglechild: 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ewarrior:

Look.. All wot u av listed is just attending to one half of d problem and leaving d oda half to decay,

Whether u have total radar coverage of the whole world sef if a plane is not fit to fly, it will eventually crash..

Let me tell u, 90 percent of all d aircraft used by our local airline operators are not fit to fly,it is only by the grace of God dat we don't record crashes daily..

Common sense should let d minister know dat as she is remodelling airports and installing safety equipment, she should also make sure dat planes should be inspected on a regular basis, erring operators be sanctioned and faulty planes be grounded. But it seems common sense is very uncommon in dis FRESH AIR ERA..

Don't even get me started on the issue of flight delays, flight cancellations and attitude of airport officials
You sound like a naughty witch.
The guy took time to list all her achievements and this is the thrash you come up with?
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by kelemodes: 9:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
Very nice, but pls let's try so hard to maintain it because we are good in built but lack maintenance.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by gerald09(m): 10:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
Dis aint remodelling dis is just making an old building new. No pictures of the Runway, the tower, satellites, raider equipment, storages for both perishable and non perishable goods, etc Or maybe its my mistake since d Op didn't put it up. Cos if na only dese dat make up d remodelling den its really a primitive ways of doin tins.

1 Like

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by ogmask: 10:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
PHIPEX: Nigerians and Nairalanders specifically can be unnecessarily sentimental. This woman needs to step up her oversight function in safety related issues of our airspace. But the level of political witch hunting some people exude against this minister is legendary. There is nothing we can point out as an achievement of the past 4 ministers of Aviation in this country. They controlled thesame budget, they all had the same agencies and Parastatals but they were only interested in payment of salaries and nothing else. Here comes a woman doing excellently well and giving us something to cheer and remember her for yet some people are more interested in pulling her down.

Can anyone remember the achievements of these past ministers of Aviation
1 Femi fani Kayode
2.Felix Hyatt
3. Babatunde Omotosho
4 Fidelia Njeze

Open ur eyes
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by bettercreature(m): 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
I dont really care about all this...No light No GEJ 2015.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by ogmask: 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
ujoinme:

Safety is a process and like all processes it is dynamic! FACTS the nigerian Airspace under the current minister has experienced the most advances in upgrade of its airspace safety equipment:
1)For the first time the nigerian airspace has total radar coverage thats working TRACON.
2)We now have a functional weather reporting/monitoring station in nigeria which gives real time weather information to transport industry thereby ensuring safety.
3) For the first time in recent times all airports now have state of the arts communication systems that enable pilots to communicate with towers/control base, before the present minister GSM phones were used for this communications.
4) For the first time in the history of Nigeria we Have an aviation lab that is capable to decoding the Blackbox recording after crashes and exercise that before now was usually taken abroad and it will take months to have the recording decoded. This saves us valuable time such that when the cause of the crash is discovered it will help to improve standards to prevent future crash.
Besides the upgrades of the airport facilitates/remodelling which also on its own adds to safety as we now have efficient screening devises at the airport to ensure deterrent to nefarious characters, this present aviation minister has done more to secure/ ensure safety of the nigerian airspace than any other minister of aviation in recent times.

unfortunately, there has been two fatal plane crashes under her watch, which means that a lot still needs to be done to secure our airspace and hence the safety process must continue.

we as nigerians should seperate political witch hunting that the present minister is currently undergoing from the facts on grounds about her performance as an aviation minister which has been unequivocally stellar. and stop trivializing her performance as mere beautification of airports when in fact she has done far more!

However, I do agree that the process of air safety in Nigeria needs more oomph.

Its not true that pilots communicated with gsm befor now. If u have entered an aircraft b4 you should know that phones are switched off to avoid tower/ pilot interf. Let me ask you, what were they using b4 the emergence of gsm?

As for the black box reader! Hmmmmmmm. Just wondering sha. Like in dana and associated tin.

Pls if u want to state the fact do so diligently otherwise u sound like a praise singer stuff.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by mbulela: 11:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
On account of the pics in this thread, the woman deserves those cars recently reported.
In fact they they should other two more for the safety of her husband and children respectively.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by airmark(m): 11:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
eaglechild:
You sound like a naughty witch.
The guy took time to list all her achievements and this is the thrash you come up with?

You called what he wrote thrash? Sometimes i wonder what kind of people comment on this forum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Truck Drivers Protest At Upper Iweka, Onitsha Over Accident Caused By Touts / This Is What Motorists Go Through On Ekpoma Road (video/pictures) / Keke Napep Bursts Into Flames On Abuja Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.