Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,715 members, 7,918,203 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 04:06 AM

Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures (27561 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / Cleaners Mopping The Floor Of Enugu Airport / Enugu Airport Flood Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by ogmask: 11:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
PHIPEX: Nigerians and Nairalanders specifically can be unnecessarily sentimental. This woman needs to step up her oversight function in safety related issues of our airspace. But the level of political witch hunting some people exude against this minister is legendary. There is nothing we can point out as an achievement of the past 4 ministers of Aviation in this country. They controlled thesame budget, they all had the same agencies and Parastatals but they were only interested in payment of salaries and nothing else. Here comes a woman doing excellently well and giving us something to cheer and remember her for yet some people are more interested in pulling her down.

Can anyone remember the achievements of these past ministers of Aviation
1 Femi fani Kayode
2.Felix Hyatt
3. Babatunde Omotosho
4 Fidelia Njeze

You surely need deliverance. Ask jim for help.

She is doing excellntly well at what cost? Juxtapose what we hve as remodelled airports with what obtains in other lands, structure and cost.

Just like the transport system is doing excellently well too. Refurbishing locomotives in the era of tubes.

The problem with pple like u is u have been so deprived to even knw wer u shuld be in the scheme of things globally.

My advise is if she has set out to make our airports compete in the global arena she should match her aspiration with WILL.

As for the bmw scandal she should resign to protect whatever is left of her name. Recall Bat Nnaji was amongst the best in gej's cabinet but he left because his hard earned rep was put on political quake sand.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Pattey(m): 11:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
CFCfan: Good job, ujoinme.
However, I haven't seen construction pics of the international terminal.

As for those who are blaming the Aviation minister for the recent aircrashes; remember that the NCAA is solely responsible for certifying the air-worthiness of planes in the Nigerian airspace. Therefore, all complaints on that should go to the NCAA.

I was under the impression you're one of the few people with functional brain WaveLengths on NairaLand. I refuse to be disappointed with you as it now seems you and your kind lose your senses at the altar of tribalism.

NCAA is responsible for itself including all Air Crashes, and the minister of aviation has no responsibilities in that regard. That's the summary of what you said. Replay that to yourself and if you still don't feel dirty upstairs, you can come back here to spew thrash.

So her responsibility is cosmetic make up for airports, not safety?

Would you (well I'm refering to other sane folks) believe I never thought she was Ibo; I've been under the impression she's one of dem South South people.

Thanks to all you tribal losers, I now know she's igbo, are U all happy now? Who gives a rats ass where she comes from?

Paranoia is killing you folks. With this Us versus Them mentality you keep taking around, when the chips are down once again like then, you'll lose several times over. Stop being cry babies desperate to make a mark only in negative contexts.

May God help you all

2 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by obailala(m): 11:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
[size=13pt]Oh God, why was I born into a country called Nigeria?.. A country where thieves are glorified by some foolish/gullible tribesmen at the expense of their own lives undecided... a country where common sense has been thrown to the dogs.... a country where supposedly 'wise' and promising youths prefer planes falling off the sky as long as they can pose for facebook profile pictures in beautified airports[/size]

I do hope and pray that these people openly supporting this corruption are paid political pawns and not normal Nigerian citizens cos if the latter is the case, then this country is really forsaken undecided undecided cry
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Princek12(m): 12:34am On Oct 19, 2013
Enugu international Airport=Bus Terminal in America
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by donLEXY(m): 1:00am On Oct 19, 2013
Na wash... I think I saw something that looks like an Igwe palace in one of the pictures, is the igwe traveling?
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Nobody: 3:31am On Oct 19, 2013
Hmmmm not bad looking i must say, them try small.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by peteafrik88(m): 4:09am On Oct 19, 2013
Not all this remodelling or is it modelling, na the maintainance culture...
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by ikeyman00(m): 8:50am On Oct 19, 2013
@@@@
willibounce: 11:33pm On Oct 18
Ibo ppl have really suffered. I think the war affected the brains of a lot of them, hence their inability to reason properly.

See the way they are jumping up and down over an international airport. When dem say mke una go school go learn, na shortcut una go dey find. I'm not surprised sha, a lot of u ibos still live in the forest.

oduduwa oduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwaaaaaa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaa

may una take am easy naw

nawwwwooo!
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by FlyinNaija: 8:59am On Oct 19, 2013
ujoinme:

Safety is a process and like all processes it is dynamic! FACTS the nigerian Airspace under the current minister has experienced the most advances in upgrade of its airspace safety equipment:
1)For the first time the nigerian airspace has total radar coverage thats working TRACON.
2)We now have a functional weather reporting/monitoring station in nigeria which gives real time weather information to transport industry thereby ensuring safety.
3) For the first time in recent times all airports now have state of the arts communication systems that enable pilots to communicate with towers/control base, before the present minister GSM phones were used for this communications.
4) For the first time in the history of Nigeria we Have an aviation lab that is capable to decoding the Blackbox recording after crashes and exercise that before now was usually taken abroad and it will take months to have the recording decoded. This saves us valuable time such that when the cause of the crash is discovered it will help to improve standards to prevent future crash.
Besides the upgrades of the airport facilitates/remodelling which also on its own adds to safety as we now have efficient screening devises at the airport to ensure deterrent to nefarious characters, this present aviation minister has done more to secure/ ensure safety of the nigerian airspace than any other minister of aviation in recent times.

unfortunately, there has been two fatal plane crashes under her watch, which means that a lot still needs to be done to secure our airspace and hence the safety process must continue.

we as nigerians should seperate political witch hunting that the present minister is currently undergoing from the facts on grounds about her performance as an aviation minister which has been unequivocally stellar. and stop trivializing her performance as mere beautification of airports when in fact she has done far more!

However, I do agree that the process of air safety in Nigeria needs more oomph.

Sorry Bruv, but this is my industry so let me pour some sand-sand in your garri.

1. TRACON is a big joke. How can u have radar coverage when the radios don't work? This project has been commissioned no less than 3 times (check the press archives). How can you have functional radar if the radios don't work, see point 3
2. Functional weather what? When pilots cross the Nigerian border outbound they get real FrESh AIR. Pilots in Nigeria get a weather forecast once a day as opposed or the ICAO recommended four times a day. Weather reporting is way below international standard, even the African standard.
3. State of the art communication what?! Nigeria has one of the top 5 worst Radio communications in Africa, yes AFRICA! British Airways sends new captains to Nigeria as part of their training to see if the can deal with difficult radio communications. If you can handle Lagos, you can survive in the rest of the world.
4. As for the accident lab, I'm not too optimistic. Government agencies are readily used as tools in the hands of the ruling govt e.g. NCAA's handling of the Rivers State jet clearly violates ICAO's principles on enforcement. Reports coming out of the AIB will politically influenced as opposed to the unbiased analysis coming from foreign sources. Only this week we had the ex-boss of the AIB complaining about how the then minister FFK pressured him into realising a distorted report.
5. The remodelling exercise has two big commas. Firstly it did not follow due process as there was no tenure/bidding process and secondly, how much did the damn project cost? And please do not use world class to describe anything in Nigerian aviation. We are not even average by African standards. And remodelling of terminal buildings has no effect on aviation safety.
6. The only thing stellar about the aviation minister is her first name.

Lastly, it's obvious a lot of you guys are paid to come on the internet to defend your paymasters. Let me warn you, this is my industry and I have lost friends in almost every crash. I guarantee that all efforts to use the aviation industry to score cheap political points will be dealt with mercilessly. try Me!

3 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 19, 2013
FlyinNaija:

Sorry Bruv, but this is my industry so let me pour some sand-sand in your garri.

1. TRACON is a big joke. How can u have radar coverage when the radios don't work? This project has been commissioned no less than 3 times (check the press archives). How can you have functional radar if the radios don't work, see point 3
2. Functional weather what? When pilots cross the Nigerian border outbound they get real FrESh AIR. Pilots in Nigeria get a weather forecast once a day as opposed or the ICAO recommended four times a day. Weather reporting is way below international standard, even the African standard.
3. State of the art communication what?! Nigeria has one of the top 5 worst Radio communications in Africa, yes AFRICA! British Airways sends new captains to Nigeria as part of their training to see if the can deal with difficult radio communications. If you can handle Lagos, you can survive in the rest of the world.
4. As for the accident lab, I'm not too optimistic. Government agencies are readily used as tools in the hands of the ruling govt e.g. NCAA's handling of the Rivers State jet clearly violates ICAO's principles on enforcement. Reports coming out of the AIB will politically influenced as opposed to the unbiased analysis coming from foreign sources. Only this week we had the ex-boss of the AIB complaining about how the then minister FFK pressured him into realising a distorted report.
5. The remodelling exercise has two big commas. Firstly it did not follow due process as there was no tenure/bidding process and secondly, how much did the damn project cost? And please do not use world class to describe anything in Nigerian aviation. We are not even average by African standards. And remodelling of terminal buildings has no effect on aviation safety.
6. The only thing stellar about the aviation minister is her first name.

Lastly, it's obvious a lot of you guys are paid to come on the internet to defend your paymasters. Let me warn you, this is my industry and I have lost friends in almost every crash. I guarantee that all efforts to use the aviation industry to score cheap political points will be dealt with mercilessly. try Me!

grin grin grin grin

Bros, u tried o with your incise analysis.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by FlyinNaija: 9:15am On Oct 19, 2013
CFCfan: Good job, ujoinme.
However, I haven't seen construction pics of the international terminal.

As for those who are blaming the Aviation minister for the recent aircrashes; remember that the NCAA is solely responsible for certifying the air-worthiness of planes in the Nigerian airspace. Therefore, all complaints on that should go to the NCAA.

Sir,
The reality is that the NCAA has zero autonomy from the minister of Aviation. The NCAA like most government parastatals has is funding controlled at a ministerial level. I know a lot of people who jump hierarchy and go straight to the minister when they have issues with the NCAA. All the inspectors that have stood their ground in this GEJ administration have lost their jobs.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by PHIPEX(m): 10:37am On Oct 19, 2013
ogmask:

You surely need deliverance. Ask jim for help.

She is doing excellntly well at what cost? Juxtapose what we hve as remodelled airports with what obtains in other lands, structure and cost.

Just like the transport system is doing excellently well too. Refurbishing locomotives in the era of tubes.

The problem with pple like u is u have been so deprived to even knw wer u shuld be in the scheme of things globally.

My advise is if she has set out to make our airports compete in the global arena she should match her aspiration with WILL.

As for the bmw scandal she should resign to protect whatever is left of her name. Recall Bat Nnaji was amongst the best in gej's cabinet but he left because his hard earned rep was put on political quake sand.

If Sahara Reporters had said exactly what you are saying nobody would have taken them serious but they came up with an evidence and won their case. If you think her remodeling contracts were inflated you are expected to prove it with an evidence else you forever hold your peace. It is myopic to think that just coming online to cry fraud will make every govt official to resign otherwise Obama would have resigned long ago.

My point is, while pressing for improvement in the Aviation sector, don't pretend not to notice the current stride in the sector. If it was that easy to come by in a country like ours past ministers would have done it.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by made1(m): 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2013
Yea Right.... Just look at the surrounding environment of the airport...... International airport my foot .........
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by kazman7(m): 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2013
kalv_in: The only asset d yoruba ppl hv is mouth,. No strength, IQ, zeal to work and stamina..hence their ability to fill the net with poor tribalistic opinions..y hate ibo's ds much?.but then I ve got the answer!..they r d opposite of the yoruba, little wonder, they r taking over: their lands, positions, property, women and respect..and wait! Yes ..they r doing it in yoruba land (lagos) ..that's very painful..but the solution is not tribal e-wars..Yorubas get up from slumber..its time to work and posess ur posession.

You just displayed a high degree of stvpidity
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Wallace2107: 10:43pm On Oct 19, 2013
lygn19: And look at the trash some yoruba BIGOTS built for us as an airport. God wud judge dem to there every deeds.
u foolish tribalistic bastard.its idiot like u that dont ever wish d nation well..olodo grin
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
The much quick way Nigeria can develop is to allow the minority people in presidential power while the majority question them. I just hope the three major tribes in Nigeria will never rule that country again but keep watch on the president.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by cjrane: 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2013
Wallace2107: u foolish tribalistic bastard.its idiot like u that dont ever wish d nation well..olodo grin

Those people that wish Nigeria death simply because the President is not from their tribe should cover their ugly faces in shame!

Meanwhile, behold the beautiful Murtala Mohammed Intl. Airport!

Nigeria go beta!

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by oooduancalmdown: 11:37pm On Jun 02, 2018
cjrane:

Those people that wish Nigeria death simply because the President is not from their tribe should cover their ugly faces in shame!

Meanwhile, behold the beautiful Murtala Mohammed Intl. Airport!

Nigeria go beta!

Now you no want make Nigeria better after GEJ lost. You now remember Nigeria is a shytehole mr IPOB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Exported N100bn Worth Airplanes To Ghana In 2021 / The Danfo Wreckage From The Trailer That Fell From Ojuelegba Bridge (photos) / Keke Napep Bursts Into Flames On Abuja Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.