Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,999 members, 7,899,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 03:18 PM

BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land (23317 Views)

Revealed: Abuja Was Part Of Igboland / CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) / Let's Be Honest , The Un Bombing In Abuja Was Carried Out By The Americans ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
iterator25: BBC has not seen her period.. I'm not offended
Sharrap! What they are saying is true.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by DonMagicJuan: 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
homesteady:

Ebira ke? Is he not from Niger state??

He is Ebira. just like Tinibu is Osun. He attended BIDA govt sch and after which he claimed Niger
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
infact if them want.. make them tear up dis country... i give up...
Last time I checked, the land belong to the government. Wetin concern BBc sef...
Ki-Katanga:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24404633

Read the actual article.

The Land was stolen by Nigerians from Nigerians you bigots.
Stolen is the key word. Its a crime to steal. In other words, its wrong to steal.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by gudnex22(m): 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
Who cares? Left for me nobody will listen or read their news because they are confusionist.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Jamiualagidi: 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
BBC has to be cautioned.. and Nigeria government has to stop begging or help all around .. Learn to earn Respect or our Land and its People
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by superSsam(m): 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
As usual, some lazy journalist in london went through either wikipedia Or just one source in Nigeria..........his reason Abuja is too unsafe To travel to
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
Gwari people have been compensated several times with brand new houses and money but they prefer to sell them out and still live in huts...

2 Likes

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Jamiualagidi: 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
BBC has to be cautioned.. and Nigeria government has to stop begging for help all around .. Learn to earn Respect or our Land and its People
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by anthony500(m): 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
luvable sam: The Maldives is in Argentina about 12,000kms away from britain, y does the UK cliam it as part of their territory?..Pls the UK shld settle its domestic problems ,tackle their lack of natural resources and give back the Maldives to argentina before they talk about Nigeria...

Ki-Katanga:

The Maldives are a sovereign country, in the Indian Ocean and is not even (currently) part of the commonwealth, let alone clamed by Britain.

Do they teach you people Geography?

No mind him geographical noobness Abeg.

I think he means the falkland islands (capital: stanley) off the coast of argentina which has been disputed territory between them and the united kingdom for quite a long period of time.

Probably the result of quick short streams of info such as twitter getting ones head messed up or airtel's poor network merging wikipedia pages!

#geographyguru

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Abagworo(m): 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

he is not. he is ebira

http://www.pointblanknews.com/Interviews/os4192.html

Where is Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida from?

I am from Minna. We have roots in Sokoto…

Means you were originally Fulani?

No, I am Gwari or what you call Gbagi
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Ferdinandu(m): 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Britain was built on stolen funds and materials which they obtained from Countries they colonised years ago.once you are a thief you think everybody else is a thief.We have laws here.They should forget Nigeria and face their country.

6 Likes

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by mrlaw93(m): 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
bbc again! after making a fool out of our president, they re nw bringing up another silly story.. wait! wat re u guyz planning
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by luvablesam(m): 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ki-Katanga:

The Maldives are a sovereign country, in the Indian Ocean and is not even (currently) part of the commonwealth, let alone clamed by Britain.

sorry was a typo..I meant falkland islands....mybad
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by ehisdan(m): 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
I can see that BBC's brain has been affected by a virus called ASUU strike.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by DonMagicJuan: 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
Obasanjo is to blame.

The Aguda panel after recommending Abuja as the new capital also mandated that all the indegenes be relocated before work commenced. Apart from Wuse which was relocated to Niger (there is a place in Niger state that is called new wuse) no other settlement or indegene was relocated. OBJ lamented the cost implication even though federal government could easily afford to relocate the indegenes.

Abacha then came and with his henchman Jerry Useni started creating and recognizing stools. There was even a plan to create an Emirate with an Emir in Abuja. Most of the indegenes that are Muslims now were converted with money inducement to acheive this goal.
This was Abacha and the north's secret Islamization campaign for Abuja even though over 90% of indegenes were and still are Christians.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by mrlaw93(m): 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
babe_online:
so dis is hw to comfirm informatn.. u girls of nowadays jst com to nairaland nd abuse guys.. i pity ur future husband
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
wow I didn't know BBC (Big black co*ck) could report!
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by s3nn2x(m): 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2013
Okay...
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by DonMagicJuan: 6:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
BBC should concentrate on Northern Ireland, Gibralter, St. Helena Island, Falkland Islands and any other stolen lands they still claim after their global agberorism.

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
Technically, Abuja, is a stolen land, according to the UN charter since the indigenous people of Abuja were chased away from their ancestral homelands. How many indigenous people from Abuja own anything in the city?

I won't be surprised if the indigenous people wake up one day and ask for their land. cool

2 Likes

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by DonMagicJuan: 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
shymexx: Technically, Abuja, is a stolen land, according to the UN charter since the indigenous people of Abuja were chased away from their ancestral homelands. How many indigenous people from Abuja own anything in the city?

I won't be surprised if the indigenous people wake up one day and ask for their land. cool

how about Bakassi?

How about Niger Delta oil wells?

The Indegenes as far as I am concerned are better off with the FCT. The only draw back is that they are hardly educated and so are not able to demand for executive and administrative positions in the FCT which has been going to Abokis and Ebiras.

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by KiKatanga: 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
mrlaw93: so dis is hw to comfirm informatn.. u girls of nowadays jst com to nairaland nd abuse guys.. i pity ur future husband

You are a sexist prick and she has the right to say what ever she likes.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by AbuMikey(m): 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ki-Katanga:

He meant Falklands island
wink

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Abbey2sam(m): 6:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

he is not. he is ebira

No be only ebira na ekabba
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by dasparrow: 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
@Post

Abuja does belong to the Gwari people but they live in their villages. As for BBC, why don't they talk about how their people stole and occupied the land of the Aborigines in Australia and today the Aborigines are still being oppressed and discriminated against on their own soil. How about what the European settlers did to the Native Americans infecting them with diseases and taking over their land or the atrocities that caucasians of European decent committed in the Southern region of Africa shamelessly oppressing the Native indigines? The British are not in any position to preach to Nigeria because they and their ancestors have done much worse to humanity. That being said, the federal government should compensate the Gwari people accordingly if they have not already done so.

4 Likes

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by iterator25: 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
babe_online:
your father

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by rhames(m): 6:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
The British Mainland economy is at its lowestt ebb in history? This is the worst recession they have ever experienced. The British economy is depending on other crown properties to survive at the moment.I am talking of the british colonies or dominions. Its practically dead and doing everything to survive.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Salmoneus(m): 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
Why don't they do a report on all the treasures, lands, artifacts their queen has stolen over generations...
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Diasporan(m): 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
shymexx: Technically, Abuja, is a stolen land, according to the UN charter since the indigenous people of Abuja were chased away from their ancestral homelands. How many indigenous people from Abuja own anything in the city?

Bro you are wrong.The indigenes were relocated and given houses with amenities intact in some new districts I.e Garki II and Gudu but instead they decided to sell the houses to foreigners.The people are largely plagued by illiteracy and they can't even wake up one day to conceive the idea of asking for any land because they were duly compensated which is a rare occurrence in Nigeria and there are legal document to back it up.The federal Government was really magnanimous to them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan, Buhari's Transition Teams Meet In Abuja / South East To Build Five Mega Industrial Clusters / El-Rufai Rocks PMB Customised Cap (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.