Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,785 members, 7,882,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:24 PM

Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? (9014 Views)

Are Touts (agbero) Now Ministers For Transportation ? / "Wetin Concern Agbero With Overload" Translate In English. / Nurtw Aka Agbero & Lagos Road. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by ol2012: 5:16pm On Oct 19, 2013
The menance of lazy individuals who extort money from commercial drivers/conductors is fast becoming a culture in Lagos. The commando style of operations of these urchins(some now usually dressed in uniform) always keep me wondering for how long the LASG will continue to feign ignorance of this anomaly.
I sometimes watch helplessly, how these drivers/conductors are harrased if they refuse to part with their money; how their vehicle wipers, side mirrors, tyre covers etc are brazenly vandalised and sometimes(rarely though) how these conductors get beaten up by the almighty AGBEROs in broad daylight.
Commuters apart from getting delayed in the process are the ones indirectly funding the payments made to these lazy bones, since a fare that should ordinarily cost #100 for example is charged #120 or #150(when payment to AGBERO is factored in)
Personally, more worrying is the fact that this Lagos AGBERO madness seem to be spreading gradually to other neighbouring SW states.
Dear NLs, in the even government continues to ignore the atrocities of these individuals, what can the helpless transport workers in particular, and Lagosians in general possibly do to stop this injustice?
Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by eaglechild: 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2013
NO
Unless you relocate all the omoluabis

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 19, 2013
U wan hunger to kpai some pple?
Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by Gwekzy: 5:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
Yes off cos...let's say 100 years 4rm now

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by ikeyman00(m): 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
@@@

@ op

the thing is thats never gona happen u know

even with the ageros like shymex; geez and all the rest in nl and u believe there is a chance there

it will be a storm!

6 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by cashkid18(m): 6:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
i dont tink so bcuz it in their DNA jst lyk awo

11 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by geeez: 7:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
Maybe when we intensify our 'deportations', the murderous agberos like Saturday and Chimezie will reduce

https://www.nairaland.com/1480111/businessman-murdered-lagos-refusing-settle

16 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by oLAAbEfe(m): 8:16pm On Oct 19, 2013
eaglechild: NO
Unless you relocate all the omoluabis
undecided
Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by oLAAbEfe(m): 8:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
cashkid18: i dont tink so bcuz it in their DNA jst lyk awo
what is this one saying.....

9 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by slimfit1(m): 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2013
Blame the cheerful giver.

2 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by cashkid18(m): 10:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
oLA AbEf€:
what is this one saying.....
wat is dis one asking

22 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by Dejohnbull: 10:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
Just wait for pdp 2015, agbero wil be history in lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by ol2012: 8:22am On Oct 20, 2013
geeez: Maybe when we intensify our 'deportations', the murderous agberos like Saturday and Chimezie will reduce

https://www.nairaland.com/1480111/businessman-murdered-lagos-refusing-settle
I'm not sure there are non-yoruba agberos in Lagos. This thread is about Agberos who extort money from commercial transporters, while the story in the link you posted is about Ajegunle area boys

17 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by Youngzedd(m): 8:32am On Oct 20, 2013
Forget!
The Governor knows his people and that was why He kept quite.

NO QUOTING

3 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by Boss13: 8:54am On Oct 20, 2013
When Fashola declared that he would transform Lagos to a mega city, I could not hide my joy because my belief was that these area boys will be chased off the street. However, this is not the case. The number of area boys has increased exponentially, the menace they create on a daily basis is absurd and the ever working governor has turned blind and deaf towards eradicating these nuisance off our streets.

Now I begin to wonder, what kind of mega city is the governor trying to create - one with potential criminals on the roads? What are the economic and social benefits in having miscreants on our roads? Why is Fashola not doing anything about it and does he intend to blame the FG for area boys?

These boys have no business with our roads. If their aim is to collect levies, there are a thousand and one ways to get these levies.

16 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by felzylix(m): 9:57am On Oct 20, 2013
YES! Vision next century
Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by Afam4eva(m): 9:58am On Oct 20, 2013
It's sad that Fashola has not used the same vigor he used in sanitizing some sectors in Lagos to chase away these agberos. Could it be that he's paying lip service to their being uprooted from the society?

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by kennyonthrone(m): 9:58am On Oct 20, 2013
Al of u re learnerz,it is totally impossible 4 dem 2 stop dis work y becuz d re also answerable 2 d govt.in essence certain percentage of d money d gt goes 2 govt nd also in times of Elections dis agberos re needed by d govt of day*u understand na*so govt no fit fuvk dem up so d re actin as if d dnt exist.

Omo na naija b dis shine ur eyes ooo nd bsyd is nt only in Lagos d re every wia in naija

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by venorite(m): 10:03am On Oct 20, 2013
its just like asking, will rats ever live to hate fishes...the answer is NO
Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by sureway1(m): 10:10am On Oct 20, 2013
leave them with thier biz
them self na human.
abi them no go chop?
Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 20, 2013
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

4 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 20, 2013
If u ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by Youngzedd(m): 10:14am On Oct 20, 2013
sure way: leave them with thier biz
them self na human.
abi them no go chop?

Are you one of them

3 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by chidijp1(m): 10:14am On Oct 20, 2013
Don't you know the party that owns agberos?

5 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by picoba(m): 10:15am On Oct 20, 2013

Agbero!
When I'm back from church
Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by TRILLIONIAR: 10:17am On Oct 20, 2013
they are paying grant to govt aswell so dont think of it
Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by Ikengawo: 10:18am On Oct 20, 2013
Agberos represent a powerful political tool that anyone who wishes to win Lagos will not ignore and more importantly will not fail to utilize. If Fashola goes to war with them, they will strike back in that they're very organized and turn Lagos into a hellhole for everyone. If left alone and even supported, they can intimidate enemies, rally support, and spread your name. Same for area boys. Politicians can create personal armies with these men and thus it's often hard to get rid of them because their patrons are often allies.

11 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 20, 2013
Ehnn....I remember a thread that made frontpage I think last year...condemning okada...saying things like: they cause accidents on the roads blah blah.....
Na this same Nairaland we dey when fashola banned okada and nairalanders started shouting 'Heartless Governor', 'elitist Governor' blah bląh blah.

Na this same Nairaland we dey again oooo........una don dey condemn Agberos.
If and If Fashola drives out Agbero in the future and I see any thread condemning the move on frontpage. Well I won't be surprised! Nigerians/Nairalanders are; hypocrites, sadists AND confused lots who don't know what they want, what is right or what they actually want from their Government.
smh.

4 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by 222Martins(m): 10:22am On Oct 20, 2013
Ikengawo: Agberos represent a powerful political tool that anyone who wishes to win Lagos will not ignore and more importantly will not fail to utilize. If Fashola goes to war with them, they will strike back in that they're very organized and turn Lagos into a hellhole for everyone. If left alone and even supported, they can intimidate enemies, rally support, and spread your name. Same for area boys. Politicians can create personal armies with these men and thus it's often hard to get rid of them because their patrons are often allies.
You have said it all......

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by slightlyMad(f): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2013
Afam4eva: It's sad that Fashola has not used the same vigor he used in sanitizing some sectors in Lagos to chase away these agberos. Could it be that he's paying lip service to their being uprooted from the society?

Fashola needs to keep those boys at bay as they are obvious potential PDP toolkits
it takes a genius to control those street urchins in a developing mega city, once the city is finally Mega, Agberos will start to embrace frequent use of words like "no market today" all with our reliable police emptying their daily make at regular intervals.

2 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by Big4wig(m): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2013
Never
Re: Will Lagos Roads Ever Be Agbero Free Again? by bluerange(f): 10:24am On Oct 20, 2013
How can? they are necessary evils for the govt. it is easy for Fashola to quote how much Lagosian spend on parties, he should tell us how much agberos make daily @ each bus-stop and parks in Lagos, how much is remitted to govt & what they keep!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Tanker Collides With Trailer In Lagos / Singer Niniola Nude Picture 18+ / How To Stay Online For 24/7 On Facebook Without Havin Mb Or Data Plan On Your Ph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.