Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos (12300 Views)

Desperate Housewives Season 6 / Desperate Housewives Season 6:whom Do You Want Mike Delfino To Finally Marry? / Desperate Housewives. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by hugerod: 11:38pm On Oct 19, 2013
Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos!
Popular American television comed drama-mystery series, Desperate Housewives is to get an African remake.

According to Nigerian network EbonyLife, they have joined forces with Disney to give the award winning show an African adaptation.

The show is reportedly still in the development stages and is scheduled for a 2014 debut on the channel which reaches 44 countries on the African continent.

According to ebonylifetv.com, the show will feature a pan-African cast and will be set in Lagos, Nigeria, where it will also be shot.

"We are going to give the stories an African flavor. We will localize it, because there's nothing that the West has that Africa doesn't have: we love, we fight, we kiss, we make up. We like all the good things in life. There's good and there's evil globally," Mo Abudu, CEO and Executive Chairman of EbonyLife TV was quoted saying.

The original US show, which starred big names such as Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria aired  for 8 seasons between 2004 and 2012 and managed to win numerous industry awards.

The Disney Desperate Housewives remakes have reportedly proved very popular in countries like Turkey, Colombia, and Brazil and Nigeria hopes to follow suit.

EBONY LIFE

http://www.dadeliverer.com/2013/10/desperate-housewives-coming-to-lagos.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&m=1
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by Boll2010: 11:44pm On Oct 19, 2013
Dafuq

6 Likes

Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by Dygeasy(m): 12:25am On Oct 20, 2013
Dumb Really Dumb If You Ask Me. Must We Do The Same Thing??

6 Likes

Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by Gwekzy: 12:41am On Oct 20, 2013
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
Dygeasy: Dumb Really Dumb If You Ask Me. Must We Do The Same Thing??
Boll2010: Dafuq

Look at them....hypocrites....they didn't say the same thing on the thread where bollywood is about to release a remake of 24. Smh

8 Likes

Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by Boll2010: 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
speedyboi:

Look at them....hypocrites....they didn't say the same thing on the thread where bollywood is about to release a remake of 24. Smh
go get shagged first then we talk

3 Likes

Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by hakku: 10:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
eko oni baje

2 Likes

Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by 80million1: 10:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
ok
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by 80million1: 10:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
hakku: .
Grow up.
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by 80million1: 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
hakku: eko oni baje
at last
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by alotofgrace(m): 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
hugerod: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos = ITANIMULLI

Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by skyscraperTM(m): 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
*speechless*
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by donPhill(m): 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
am performing a role in the next play
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by sEGXY2(m): 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
rubbish y shd dy copy dy shd do something diffrent n better.
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by Smartiegurl(f): 11:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
Good idea!!

1 Like

Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
Been long seeing the Adverts in Opera mini pop ups
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by babsomotde(m): 11:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
Can this 'Desperate HouseWives' of a thing help us inform President Jonathan that time is running fast? I want to graduate soon. 4 months no be joke ooo...Abeg
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by SIRKOL(m): 11:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
Still looking 4wrd to dat day the whites will copy a Nollywood movie to Televise

4 Likes

Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by Crexus: 11:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
. lipsrsealed

Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by Suzie0(f): 11:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
'Desperate House Wives'... Hmmm...... I've heard so much about this movie. With this new development, i'm sure gona grabe a copy soon.
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by deniceguy(m): 11:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
That's Nollywood for you...I like Naija movies so much that when they are watching it in the sitting room,i usually go to the other room

2 Likes

Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by oluwashaddow(m): 11:05pm On Oct 30, 2013
dis one will interest d ladies more,didn't even have time to see d foreign one sef

1 Like

Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by swhiss: 11:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
Mtcwww...its nt really a new thing, nollywood has bin in this act for long...they will jes copy an american movie and remake it the african way, wich i find vry vry boring!!

3 Likes

Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
I pray this should be able to drag me back to nollywood but I think it can never happen. Better play game than watching foolish act
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by 9jahubcom(m): 11:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
9ja on point
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
Must we trail their steps
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by chymystique(f): 11:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by swhiss: 11:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
babsomotde: Can this 'Desperate HouseWives' of a thing help us inform President Jonathan that time is running fast? I want to graduate soon. 4 months no be joke ooo...Abeg

yes na!...it will shw him hw desperate wives of lecturers can get wen their husbands sit bck at home doing noting all day and nt enof money coming grin
Re: Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos by chymystique(f): 11:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
Naija love to copy .. undecided

I knw very soon dey will start;

Real Housewives of Beverly hills=Real houswives of Lekki

Real housewives of New jersey= Real hosuewives of Portharcourt

Real Husbands of Hollywood= Real husbands of Nollywood.

Can imagine wah d show will b lik

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBTitans: Yemi Cregx And Miracle OP Fight For Khosi's Attention (Video) / Voice Of Fame: VSKIT And Startimes To Host Nigeria’s First Ever Dubbing TV Show / BBA Hotshots Shower Hour Day 54 Video: (romancing In The Shower)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.