Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,216 members, 7,963,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 02:59 AM

Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show (47643 Views)

Wizkid Replies Linda Ikeji Again, calls her a h0e / Wizkid Replies J-Martins Over Broke Fan Allegation / Eucharia Anunobi Replies Critics on Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by isaco(m): 8:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Money in tha Bank!
All loses goes to Mr. Promoter! grin
don't 4get other promoters will not call sush artist next time, they call him bad market.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by delors(m): 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

you must not know how this biz work.......a promoter/venue hires the artist for a show on a particular date, for a set performance fee. that artist has nothing to do with how much the entrance ticket will be or how many people will be in attendance. the artist gets paid his performance fee whether the house is empty or full. the only one who lose (or gain anything) is the promoter/venue. the only one who has anything to do with the seating arrangement is also the promoter/venue.
Yeah, artistes, most often than not, get paid up front...but the truth is, henceforth, promoters will be cautious as to inviting him and paying him that high if his name is gradually losing hold on the public. A show promoter just lost handsomely, others will learn from it...and Wizzy might be affected on the long run. Truly, that's how 9ice's palaver started...I remember him also performing to an almost empty hall years back in Lagos island...

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by normaljenny(m): 9:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
Why spend that much when you can easily download it from youtube
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by MOORCHMOORE(m): 9:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
Wetin make mi come open dis rubbish... Nonsense
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by RedCard1(m): 10:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
Sounding so pained. Everyday no be christmas but the truth is 'you are gradually fading out'. You can have a chat with 9ice

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 21, 2013
idupaul:

Free ticket and free bus ride sef and those Abuja peops will not show up

People like me. Cnt waste my precious time watchin a live show. Time is money
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by igboboy1(m): 11:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
Red_Card: Sounding so pained. Everyday no be christmas but the truth is 'you are gradually fading out'. You can have a chat with 9ice

lmao @ chat with 9ice
chai !!!Why na??

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
Red_Card: Sounding so pained. Everyday no be christmas but the truth is 'you are gradually fading out'. You can have a chat with 9ice

Chat with nice keh grin
That's the height
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by mystical10: 11:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
FreeGlobe: Abuja is not the best place to host shows. Everybody in Abuja is just after the national cake. Its not about ticket prices, even super eagles suffered the same fate before moving to calabar even with tickets made free.
yes but super eagles move to calabar due to insecurity, calabar is only safest city in nigeria for now.
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by nanizle(m): 11:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
omo see haters... abeg wizkid chop ur money dey go

bbm for iOS and android is here for all... and for real. Here to stay https://www.nairaland.com/1487554/bbm-android-iphone-worldwide-arrived
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by cumpaddre(m): 11:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: mee i will leave my house to go and watch a kid
That "Kid" has his foot prints permanently etched on the sands of history. U are yet to wake up from ur slumber. Hate on!!
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by halloween70(m): 11:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
what do you expect? With the boko harass thing In the north.
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by 9jamynation4lyf(m): 12:09am On Oct 22, 2013
Promoter dey cry, wizkid suffering and smiling... Smiling τ̅☺ the bank, suffering wif his market value.
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by ehixking(m): 2:48am On Oct 22, 2013
When we asked them to make Good music they won't, they sing rubbish for the Lagos fans that don't have time to listen to their stupid lyrics in the hustling and bustling of Lagos

Tuface was in Abuja and the crowd was mad,people don't wanna listen to meaningless songs anymore

Even ur kid would blame u in your old age for that
Banky W ur father is making cool songs and making money off you
You are still too young to be singing rubbish better step up your game

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by Nobody: 2:48am On Oct 22, 2013
Myself2: So it does not matter to his image and public perception that he performed for a near empty audience?

the only thing that will be bruised is his ego......... his image will not be tarnished as EVERYONE WITH A BRAIN knows that the reason this place was empty was due to the high price of the ticket, not because of Wizkid. unless you believe that people who like Wizkid are donkeys and will pay just about any price to see him live? lol! of course not, they will simply wait until an affordable show comes along, et voila!

write2obi:
and after attracting Zero audience you think the promoter will invite WizKid to his next show?, Fanboy just read comments if you have nothing sensible to type

Nigerians are not stoopid, so stop acting like they are. this promoter made a mistake, others will surely LEARN from it and never try to overprice their shows with such artist......... but that will NOT stop promoters from A) working with Wizkid or B) making shows in this venue.

uniqueval:
Either ways itz still bad bizness for him
This clearly shows he is gradually turning into a dry well. The promoter must have overrated the interest of his potential audience. 'Cos left to me, people will still pay such exorbitant amount to see their fav artist perform. #MakeHinGoFindCaro

why do you think it is bad biz for him...it is just another day at the office for him because no matter what happened, he had to perform. this is what this job is all about, whether there are 20000 people or 200. yeah, its better to perform to 20K but if the promter made a mistake then the fault lay on him, not on the artist. Wizkid appeals to a younger crowd, his fanbase are not necessarily wealthy (18 to 25). now if you bring a popular act that appeals to the over 30 crowd (p square/Dbanj) then maybe you will be able to extort such exorbitant price....

slimzey: I tink it still have a lot 2 do with d artist, which promoter would want 2 call d same artist dt gave them bad MKT 2wice. Its still bore down 2 d artist bro. He has no much fans again.
Gelco:
That being said, his market value is going down. How can promoters pay him to do a show if he can't gather crowd?
nijanigga:
Then it's very highly unlikely for any promoter to take risk on whiz kid, so either way, his "patent" is at risk.
delors:
Yeah, artistes, most often than not, get paid up front...but the truth is, henceforth, promoters will be cautious as to inviting him and paying him that high if his name is gradually losing hold on the public. A show promoter just lost handsomely, others will learn from it...and Wizzy might be affected on the long run. Truly, that's how 9ice's palaver started...I remember him also performing to an almost empty hall years back in Lagos island...

let me give you guys an example:
you have the "best" product in the market, you open a shop and try to sell it for 3 times the retail price, nobody buys your product (obviously) and you go bankrupt..... would you actually think that this product is bad?!

only a very stoopid businessman would therefore think that the product is bad, simply because someone overpriced it. any promoter in the game KNOWS FULLY WELL that the tickets were overpriced (is that not the same ABJ they all organise parties?), and therefore they know that the reason that this show failed was because of the greedy promoter, not the artist.

you guys are not making any sense, and really take Nigerians for donkeys. people obviously saw that the price was too much and did not go, like any smart person would.
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 22, 2013
Wizkid shld be careful cos if he contnues dis way, he may soon start selling off his rides, baffroom slippers even boxers for just survival purposes. grin That time, all those girls wey dey flock around him, we go know how far. grin grin
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 22, 2013
"http://tindeck.com/users/Little+wonder" holla dis ma tindereck account pls download dis track i ws ft in n hit me on twitter @li21da fanks
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by stargalameena: 9:57am On Oct 22, 2013
no be wizkid the worry abuja people oooo....and its not like pple dont have money o but i just fil abuja big boiz and babes will rada chill at clubs and lounge.bsides dt,d concert wus on sunday,abuja pple r majorly workers,nd dei no dei play wit wikends atall so dei nid to rest aganist monday..also,most pple cnt go nd pay such amount of money to go and watch a small boi perform...dei rada pay dt money to watch premier league.......jt my opinion atlst frm my lil observation since ve bin livin in abj.....
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by LemonBoy1: 10:08am On Oct 22, 2013
First of all, this crap is so misleading. I mean, where on wizkids tweet suggests or means that he ws referring to d low turned up abj performance?
Nd dudes r here debating nd yapping there hearts out...lol
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by ladeski: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2013
Afam4eva: I don dey pity the guy. I think next time, he should make it a little bit cheaper. If you noticed there were more people at the back(regular) sit than the front. So, it's obvious it's because of the exorbitant price.
hmmmmm. quick one though, is it the artiste's responsibility to 'fix' concert prices, or is it the promoters?

secondly wizkid's response is coordinated and expected but he has to adopt a risk management approach to ensure this doesn't happen again.

its bad for his brand

he who has ears , should hear.
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by ladeski: 10:30am On Oct 22, 2013
LemonBoy1: First of all, this crap is so misleading. I mean, where on wizkids tweet suggests or means that he ws referring to d low turned up abj performance?
Nd dudes r here debating nd yapping there hearts out...lol
you read a response to an earlier tweet

why don't you do some investigation and find out?

we are patiently awaiting your verification exercise.
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by litetias(m): 10:49am On Oct 22, 2013
Vivly: I'm sure Abuja is now on his broke states list
Poetic (justice)
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by Jonnie29: 11:54am On Oct 22, 2013
he wil stil be affected cos no one,wil want to invite him 4 a show cos his present is no longer needed in naija.
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by bjstardom(m): 11:57am On Oct 22, 2013
What if it was Olamide that was invited ƒσя the show instead of wizkid? What would have happened?
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by Kelvin0(m): 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
FreeGlobe: Abuja is not the best place to host shows. Everybody in Abuja is just after the national cake. Its not about ticket prices, even super eagles suffered the same fate before moving to calabar even with tickets made free.
I no blame you sha.....u get beef with Abuja cheesy[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by ikwechegh(m): 12:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
Well I pity am shaa bt d guy no send lOl I gt dis gist and so much more 4 www.addating.net jst feel free 2 check it out
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by Ogundale(m): 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
adaobi123: Of course he ain't worried. He still got his money at the end. undecided
Come let me whisper something in ur ear, don'nt wrry afam4ever is my boy. I would take it easy on u, my penetration is'nt that painful slow if it a lie ask mukina2 idowuogbo.
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ogundale: Come let me whisper something in ur ear, don'nt wrry afam4ever is my boy. I would take it easy on u, my penetration is'nt that painful slow if it a lie ask mukina2 idowuogbo.

shocked undecided
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by iszynoni: 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
condeming that you can't spend your money on watching a kid, ignorance will kill you. when you are a kid what did you perform? weather you watch him or not is already a star tongue.
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by ladenz(m): 3:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
Sholy29ice: PLEASE HELP A NAIRALANDER.....I BEG U IN GOD NAME

VOTING HAS STARTED
Pls i nid your nid your assistance....i nid
u to vote for my SAMSUNG
1000WORDS ARTICLE..... ON "A DAY IN
LIFE WITHOUT TECHNOLOGY "....PLS
KINDLY FOLLOW DIS LINK TO VOTE
FOR OLUMODEJI SHOLA.....PLS HELP A
FRIEND..... .PLS SHARE IT TO UR
FRIENDS ON WATSAPP,FACEBOOK
PAGE ND GROUPS, BBM,BLOG AND
ANY SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK.. TNX U...
HOW TO VOTE
1)A VALID EMAIL (email u can
remember d username nd pass
words )
2)YOUR NAME
3)PHONE NUMBER
4)A MAIL WILL BE SENT TO D EMAIL YOU USED FOR VOTING.. SO THAT YOU CAN ACTIVATE YOUR VOTE.
www.samsungmobileng.com/galaxytab3/samsung1000words/

ow mush ow mush we go get if u ween
Re: Wizkid Replies Critics On Empty Seats At His Abuja Show by ayyoshert: 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
but remember guys,
as soon as your tickets continue not to sell
promoters start looking the other way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Skales And Hassanity White Wedding Pictures & Video / Simi Celebrates Her Daughter, Adejare Kosoko, As She Clocks 6 Months Old (Photo) / Tonto Dikeh Shows Her Back Tattoo As She Receives Massage (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.