Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,375 members, 7,910,890 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 07:23 PM

Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! (4104 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked / Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data / Turkish Hackers Deface Hundreds Of Sites Sonymusic's Included (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by demmy(m): 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2005
cheesy @ Lagbaja's site being hacked by some Turkish hackers
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by Seun(m): 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2005
Too bad.  Why would they do this? www.lagbaja.net
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by joftech(m): 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2005
Lagbaja's site being hacked by some Turkish hackers

This is a confirmaton as at 8:55 PM (Sunday, 28/8/2005).

This is part of what am saying, some Nigerian webmasters are wack. How will foreign companies outsource their IT services to us. The other time WOOInteractive.com and vmobile-nigeria.com where down too.

@Seun, this is another feather to their baseball cap. cheesy

Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by IAH(f): 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2005
But why would someone want to hack Lagbaja's site? Maybe the hacker thought he'll get some data.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by kazey(m): 12:31am On Aug 29, 2005
hum well i think they didnt hack the site with a motive, they are just some vunerability analyst hackers.

Well I think they should alway update their server softwares, because I think they shouldnt have much problem with security for the fact that they are using a Unix server.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by hotangel2(f): 4:54am On Aug 29, 2005
Lets pray they don't hack nairaland. Amen!

It's really sad, i see no reason why they had to do that.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by kazey(m): 7:40am On Aug 29, 2005
If you understand the art of social engineering, phising, cracking, or even hacking. You would understand why they do what they do. To some its passion, to some its curiousity, to some its just the fame, and to many its a way to prove they are in control.

So its more of the, should i say? way of showing their talents?
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by layi(m): 11:36am On Aug 29, 2005
Its called "wardriving". probably sum chatted with an hacker and gave the webnsite as his . So the hacker had to show his talents (like kazey) has said. I see no reason why sum1 would hack lagbaja.net
Only sites on dedicated servers are safe (not 100% though).
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by kazey(m): 11:41am On Aug 29, 2005
lolz war driving? when you say war driving all I can visualize is people looking for unsecured free wi-fi access zones, by driving around a city, marking the zones on their maps, which is later distributed in bbs, forums or a website.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by joftech(m): 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2005
War-driving has nothing to do with website defacement. As Kazey has rightly said, war-driving is driving around town to look for porous and insecure wireless LAN.

I will be grateful if you can post out that forum to this board. If that's what you hear in that forum it means they has misled/miseducate you on war-driving.

Please always verify a term before jumping into conclusion about it. This boards like this are serving as an education forum for newbies like you.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by kazey(m): 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2005
Hacking forums? Interesting grin Didnt know they still exist. Ah i did actually maintained a war driving group in orkut before. Hmm just rememberd tongue. Went to check, and discovered that I had 92 members and it was called war chalking. Dem how forgetful, I am. Well warchalking is the practice of marking a series of symbols on sidewalks and walls to indicate nearby wireless access.

That way, other computer users can pop open their laptops and connect to the Internet wirelessly. It was inspired by the practice of hobos during the Great Depression to use chalk marks to indicate which homes were friendly.so this is for anyone who is interested in participating in making a kind of directory for free wireless access points in his area or district.

If you have an orkut account, you could check it out at http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=80714 . Hacking Forum's are full of "script kids", keep away from them. Just my 2 cents worth.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by whiteshark(m): 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2005
How in this world did this happen and when? Is it possible to send these cums some virus? Let me know... sad
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by ProfCares(m): 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2005
Whiteshark it is possible. It is very bad for them to have done that.
To me I believe it is a matter of stealing just to get some data and to show the work of their hand.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by Saintjoe(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2005
How Sad.How can people be so wicked? But is there no way to prevent this hacking problem, isn't there anything one can do to avoid this?
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by kazey(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2005
Don't challenge people.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by layi(m): 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2005
Thats it Kazey...No one is safe. Just don't challenge an hacker.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by obong(m): 11:12pm On Aug 30, 2005
These hackers are worse than 419ers
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by Saintjoe(m): 8:25am On Aug 31, 2005
@obong u are right they are worse than 419ers, 419ers are better than them. How people be sol wicked, it still suprises me.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by Saintjoe(m): 8:26am On Aug 31, 2005
@obong u are right they are worse than 419ers, 419ers are better than them. How people be sol wicked, it still suprises me.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 31, 2005
that's crazy. poor lagbaja. can't seem to see http://lagbaja.net online. seems like the site no more exists or is down for now...its redirecting to MSN search
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by joftech(m): 12:33pm On Aug 31, 2005
The site is back online.

And who says they (script-kiddies) can't be challenged. If you have got the time and some fat pipes "fast connections" (it could be your own or not) you can win them hands down.

Most of the people that are responsible for these defacements are nothing but script-kiddies, not real hackers. For God's sake why are some people bent on tarnishing the hacking culture.

The only bizarre part of the whole incident it that why did it take them so long to bring back the site after the breach. Breaches like this happen on a daily basis even on high profile sites like microsoft.com, ebay.com and yahoo.com.

One thing is that most people here in Nigeria don't know the economic capabilities of their sites hence they normally let them to thrive on their own till they become a reference point in these script-kiddies exploits chest.  It's just a status symbol afterall.

Nigerian govts websites are the worst in all. It's either they are under the wrong domain or they are riddled with dead links and very very poor graphics and page layout, all these are projects that gulp thousands and millions of Naira.

NUC and NFA are just some of the culprits. I will be starting a thread on these bad websites soon, please watch out and contribute.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by Saintjoe(m): 2:22pm On Aug 31, 2005
Yes the site is back again, so the <snip> hackers have decided to release it. cheesy
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by joftech(m): 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2005
Yes the site is back again, so the <snip> hackers have decided to release it.

script-kiddies not hackers.

It's just a simple task for them to bring it back online. And it's very easy to deface a site once you get the access to the web server's hard dirve.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by skima(m): 12:10am On Sep 01, 2005
Security matter is very important in web presence. "Nigerian developers' watch out"
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by HalfIjebu(m): 5:38pm On Dec 08, 2005
www.lagbaja.com

This na Bruv official website but the forum's been hacked though.We are working on dat and it should be back on pretty soon.We really need to encourage Naija webmasters at least there are trying.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by Afam(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2005
Well, one thing that is important to note is that web hosting is serious business where a lot of money is spent on keeping web servers secure and updated against potential threats.

Anyone with enough information can setup a web server and host websites on it but not everyone can set up a secure web server let alone a reliable web server.

We see web servers hosting over 40,000 websites by carving up the disk space and these websites will bring unique visitors to the same machine thereby competing for resources all at the same time.

One never understands the importance of reliable online infrastructure until something goes wrong just like the case of lagbaja.net. I am glad the site is back.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by mikebuddy(m): 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2005
I think that funny to me!
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by Saintjoe(m): 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2005
What is funny there!........
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by mikebuddy(m): 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2005
Saint it was funny because the hackers has been hacked.lol.I never called lagbaja a hacker,but other niaja guys nko.How sure r u sef that it was hacked by Turkish shit.Ehh?
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by warex: 9:58am On Dec 26, 2005
It has nothing to do about social engineering , phising , cracking , hacking or the "script kiddie's" improper use of the english language

Generally turks have a tendancy of being socially unaccepted , estinguished with their raw animal minded IQ and of course last but not least their insane possesiveness.

Does this surprise you? Read on Cyprus (an island in the middle east) where turks have mastered the hackers methodology but in a very brutal warlike way.

No wonder they wont be seeing an EU entry from Turkey for a long time.

And if the hacker is viewing this thread... All i Would like to say is he most probably posseses information technology as much as the biggest vaccuum our universe hosts..which again as big as it is...its still nothing. Its INSECURE not unsecure. Showoff script kiddie.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by warex: 10:05am On Dec 26, 2005
In addition to the above...
Quoting:
hum well i think they didnt hack the site with a motive, they are just some vunerability analyst hackers.

Well I think they should alway update their server softwares, because I think they shouldnt have much problem with security for the fact that they are using a Unix server.

Using UNIX derived operating systems on a server does not give you security. It might give you more security and security enchanced features than a windows based server but security is a very "flexible" word.

Back in the old days where we use to debug these machines ourselves we saw flaws move from generation to generation , distribution to distribution and we thought it was appauling. The fact is if you do not realise that security is not an on and off switch then you most probably are going to get violated by some idiot like the lagbaja site.

Security is something based the restictive access applied , the type of access and the users accessing the system itself.

A bad tip on security: Pull the plug , go offline.

A good tip on security: Control how one enters a system , how one controls the access granted to them , the origin of access and of course higher levels of access (e.g uid0) should be a very far mile for even a local user to walk till he/she gets there). Mentioning she because I was brutally open to the world thanks to an old aquiantance i met on on the ls irc network. Justy if your looking at this I still owe you and revenge is indeed a sweet desire.
Re: Lagbaja's Website Hacked by Turkish Hackers! by mikebuddy(m): 3:41pm On Jan 06, 2006
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Instantcoins / Kwara Poly Student Packing Palliatives In Ilorin Fell And Died / Shina Peters Son Remanded In Kirikiri After Acid Splash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.